Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 11/12

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat?

Re: TFAS w/o 11/12

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 6

WTO/TWW? Benched (HFM)

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 (nearly!)

Any thoughts about this cycle? Can’t wait to get AF (lol, has anyone ever said that on his board?)

Any questions? Not really a parenting Q, but what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? Are you hosting or just visiting? I need some kickass recipes! 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went shopping over the weekend to get a few things for DS (puffy vest and hat/mittens, because it was 55 degrees this morning which is basically winter here, lol). DH wanted to pick out a shirt for DS and he had a few choices that he showed me (Batman symbol, Dino hoodie). He ended up with a red Grinch shirt because he “wanted to get something unisex in case the next one’s a girl” I cried right there in the store. 😍

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? Omg, the kid eats EVERYTHING. His favorite is prolly bananas and mac&cheese. And kiwis. And strawberries. And avocado. We even gave him a lime once (I really like them) and he started eating it! He didn’t like oatmeal or hummus the first couple times he tried it, but now he’s totally in love with both. 

• What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month? 22 months since we started 4 after bench

WTO/TWW?  WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 7 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Still waiting to O but both kids are sick, which makes trying a bit difficult. 

Any questions? None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: both kids are sick, so we were up all night.  I now have a migraine, which may have to do with ovulating, but not sure. Otherwise, I just had DS’ school conference, I knew academically he was doing well, but wasn’t sure socially, since he is autistic and claims he doesn’t like anyone, haha. His teacher showed me an awesome video of him being the daily greeter (something new they started to encourage social interactions amongst the kids) he was fist bumping and letting kids hug him!  It was amazing to see.  He did something Friday at school we have been working on all year, so his amazing teacher went to dinner with us to celebrate.  Dd is doing great too, her anxiety seems to be well controlled for the first time in a long time.

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat?  Ds has autism related eating disorder, but lately he loves peas and eats a bowl a day. Dd eats just about anything but hates Mac and cheese and loves carrots.
  • Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland We haven’t decided what we are
    doing yet. My brother was supposed to visit but he had to postpone due to work, so it will just be us. We were invited to a friends but I really like just being able to be lazy and not go anywhere for holidays. I also don’t like turkey, so our meal should be interesting haha. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? Idk, currently benched pending testing/24

WTO/TWW? Benched 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. My charting was terrible this month so I’ll be trying better next cycle. 

Any questions? I don’t think so.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went to Disney on ice yesterday and DS had a blast! He really loved everything until Frozen came on in the second half. He kept telling MH that he didn’t want to watch the movie anymore and we needed to go home :D. I guess he’s not a fan of Frozen. 

DH has been working on the kitchen island he’s building for me and it’s really starting to come together. I’m so excited for it! 

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? The kid eats everything. I think we got super lucky, considering most kids his age are super picky. I will say he isn’t a fan of soups. I made a zucchini soup a couple times and he gagged trying to eat it. I’m sure it was a texture thing, but he hated it. 
  • @lillywonderland We're not hosting, thankfully! Going to my bros house.

@kbrown2385 I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

@holly321 hope you can still get a few good HIOs in but I know that's hard ...

Cycle /month: 6

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other children? Just turned two. 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not hopeful. Thankfully I have an Ob appointment after Tgives so I can mention my short LP and DHs previous groin injury. Just glad I can talk to somebody and maybe start some testing. I'm sure I'll start a countdown soon but right now I'm more excited for Thanksgiving 🍗

GTKY: My child is such a picky eater. It's a struggle everyday to get her calories, and she's perpetually small for her age. Usually she'll eat pasta or bread, but not always. Thankfully, she will ALWAYS eat cheese and yogurt. Lots of dairy at our house! 
  • @lillywonderland we go to our parents houses for thanksgiving, I usually take a dish like mashed potatoes to my MILs and usually just help my mom prep the day before and finish things up once I get over for dinner.  And that is sweet of your DH about the shirt!  Dd loved super heros a few years ago and had a ton of boy shirts, so we actually had some hand me downs.

@kbrown2385 I took dd to Disney on ice years ago and she loved it!  I was going to do it this year and then forgot, but it looked like a lot of Moana from the adds I saw and my kids aren’t a fan.
  • @holly321 ours didn’t have any Moana in it! Toy story and frozen were the biggest parts of our show. 
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited November 2018
    I'm in a hurry so I'll answer everyone else later!!!

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)?  15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Day one this round but already know my husband is going on a hunting trip during my o week so I'm pretty much out this round. This is a weird period though it started this morning and now it's stopped and typically I have a lot of cramping but I do not this time. This cycles been weird though so who knows. I'm still weaning my son so I feel kinda wonky.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: so my son is farsighted and wears glasses, he got a new script today and I'm so sad they dont make red in the shape of frame I like. Petty but I still am salty.

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? My son LOVES food! He eats Mexican or Thai  that's probably his favs but he also like guacamole as a snack or tofu. He's eating mozzarella capperese woth extra tomato, carrotts, green olives and turkey for lunch right now as I type. The only thing he WILL NOT eat is mushrooms if they don't have ranch or seasoning. 
  • @lillywonderland we usually go to my aunts on thanksgiving and typically make a sweet potato pie and bring the wine. I can't say there's anything about my recipe that's special though. dh's fam is all vegan so we usually  eat before we go there haha.

@kbrown2385 DISNEY ON ICE SOUNDS SO FUN! I can't wait until ds is old enough to go :)

• Mobile bump being terrible, so I’m posting without labels. We watched Boss Baby this weekend with my 2y/o DD and she just kept saying “baby brother!”  So sweet but just hurt my heart too. 

Im in 2ww, at 11DPO, and having cramps (like AF). LP typically 11 days, so Just basically waiting now, and feeling like I’m out.  
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:  it took four years to conceive our first child. Now my husband works out of town 3 to 4 days a week, so I’m freaking out on if you’ll be at home when I ovulate. 

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? My kid loves eggs, but hates most meats.
  • @lillywonderland we are "orphans" (that's what I call us... our families live far away so we do holidays all alone) so I'm cooking for the three of us. I think we're doing Cornish game hens instead of turkey because even just the breast is too much meat.

@holly321 sorry everyone is sick, and sorry you have a migraine. They are the worst.

@kbrown2385 I love kitchen islands! That's super exciting!

@jennifer_louise sorry you're bummed about this cycle, but I'm glad you're going to talk to your OB!

@daisy0322 your cycles can be pretty messed up with breastfeeding and weaning. Hopefully it straightens itself out soon!

@lcking82 I'm sorry your cycle may be coming to an end... you're not out til you're out, though!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW - impending AF

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? May I rant for a moment? I really was hopeful about this cycle, even just a few days ago. Now I'm spotting and I'm so goddamn ready to give up on this whole stupid journey. I'm having a bad, emotional pity-party day and I keep thinking the universe is telling me that we're only supposed to have one kid. Like, if it hasn't happened yet, it's not meant to be. I know that's dumb and we haven't even been at this six months yet, but I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the torture every month. I'm sick of questioning every damn thing my body does. I'm sick of thinking about it day after day, minute after minute. Good thing I am working tonight because I would have started drinking at lunch time today I think.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: None. My mood is too shitty.

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? She loves all things sweet - candy, cookies, cake, donuts, soda... ugh, it's really awful and one of my biggest parenting failures. She hates meat in all forms.
  • @riff323 Hugs, Hugs, and more hugs to you, friend. ❤️ I know how you’re feeling, and I just tell myself that when I do eventually get KU again it will be that much sweeter to know that he/she was something we had to fight for and we wanted him/her that much. I’m one of those “it’ll happen when it’s meant to happen people” and I know that when squish #2 is in my arms/sleeping peacefully/running around/playing with his/her older bro I would not change a damn thing. Until then, it will continue to be the hardest thing in the world to go from optimism (that it could happen this month) to defeat (that it didn’t happen this month) in a matter of days/hours. It’s a vicious cycle, but that squish at the end of the journey is so worth it. 
  • @riff323 maybe I can talk dh into Cornish game hens. We both aren’t huge fans of turkey and I hate spending the money on something we probably won’t eat. 
  • @holly321 That is so great about your DS! I bet that eased a huge worry burden off your shoulders to know that he is doing well as the greeter!

@kbrown2385 Woohoo Disney on ice! I’m glad you guys had a great time! Was the zucchini soup cold by any chance? I have a strong dislike for “chilled” soups. So weird to me!

@jennifer_louise I cringe every time you mention YH’s injury to that area. I certainly hope you won’t have to do anything and you get KU naturally, but I’m glad you have a path forward. Sometimes having a “goal” helps us in unexpected ways!

@daisy0322 I’m sorry about CD1 and that you’re already feeling defeated for this cycle. Perhaps you body will O earlier/later to still give you guys a fighting chance!

@TennisLove30 Welcome, Welcome! Did you have to do anything to get KU the first time? Clomid/IUI/IVF? I think sometimes if you have a known IF diagnosis you can just jump right back into it when TTC #2 (obvs depending on your insurance and all that jazz).

@riff323 Have you seen this at your grocery store? I do it in the crock pot and it is sooooo good and super easy!! (I only say this because CGH’s are tiny and cute but take sooooo long to get any meat off the bones because they are tiny, lol. 

edited November 2018
    @riff323 I'm so sorry your having a rough TTC day! It sucks my son happened first cycle and I worry all the time it was a fluke and today just kid of smacked me in the face. Seriously take some time treat your self, wallow a bit, and just be okay with feeling how you feel. If nothing else in over a year of weekly therapy  I've learned just being in a feeling may not be fun but it helps in the long run. We are always here to listen!

@lillywonderland thanks! It doesn't help my hubby keeps telling me to poas anyway because I had implantation bleeding with ds. I told him I just know... I knew immediately with my son and like a sixth sense I told him when I was less than 4 weeks I just know I'm pregnant and I'm telling you now something isn't right. I was right I had progesterone issues and a placental abruption early on. And right now I just know I'm not KU. It's like insult to injury him doubting me. I did have a super embarrassing break down at the optics store today with my son I was sobbing ( I am not a crier) because his script changed and they were being really rude and difficult about it (he has an unusual prescription for a toddler) and if he wears his glasses his eyes should get better but if he has the wrong prescription they'll get worse. Long story short I over reacted because I panic about his eyes deteriorating and I wish I could blame it on pregnancy hormones but I'm just a nut job.

• @daisy0322:  I’m sorry about your day, but I think a melt-down about something that important is a-okay. That’s super hard to deal with- and you’re his best advocate!
    edited November 2018
    @icking82 thanks! He is far sighted but has different scripts for each eye because they're improving at different rates but they're improving because I am on them and the care team like white on rice. Once he is a teen if i do my job well enough he can get laser eyes surgery and have 20/20 without glasses and it is just really important to me that he have that option. Sometimes I feel like they see me and act like I'm just a young mom who doesn't understand what's going on (I'm 26 but I look 21 or 22) and it's frustrating 
  • @riff323 Special thoughts to you today, friend. We've all been there and in reading your post, I've had all those feels too. It will get better!! (although in truth, I cried a bit over a pregnancy announcement today)

@lillywonderland I cringe too!! Although, he has gotten someone knocked up before (me) so I'm not sure why I'm fixating on it now... I guess I'm just hoping there's some explanation.

@daisy0322 little kids in glasses are Basically my favorite thing ever. I know it sucks to have to deal with vision problems though (I've worn glasses since I was 4)
  • Hi, I hope it's ok if I hop right in. I posted my intro.  :)

Cycle/Month? 4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Nearly 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just hoping for a normal length cycle. Last one was only 21 days, and TTC or not 2 weeks between periods blows. 

Any questions? Not at the moment. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you! My F'17 BMB is still very close, and I love the community the bump helps build. 

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? DS eats most everything, but goes through phases of wanting or not wanting something right that minute. Current favorite is anything baked. Tonight it was biscuits. Least favorite is ground beef that's not mixed into something like spaghetti. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @lillywonderland I did tons of fertility treatments (meds, IUIs, etc...) What did the trick was ovarian drilling and a final round of clomid. I am trying my hardest just to take natural supplements because I can’t put my body through IF treatments again. I had a MC at 10 weeks in August 2017, so I’m just now jumping back in TTC.
  • @lillywonderland @daisy0322 @jennifer_louise thank you ladies for the kind words and support. <3

@lillywonderland that's a good idea about the turkey! @kbrown2385 did you see what she posted? It's a boneless oven ready turkey breast!
  • @lillywonderland - That's so cute of YH! As for Thanksgiving, my MIL is hosting but we each are assigned a meat, side, and dessert. We are smoking a turkey, and I'm making apple pie. Not sure what our side is going to be yet.

@holly321 - I love that your kids' favorite foods are veggies! Did you do anything to push them in that direction, or is that just what they chose.

@kbrown2385 - That's hilarious that your DS hated Frozen. Has he seen the movie a lot?

@jennifer_louise - My DD is small for her age too! Where is yours on the growth chart?

@daisy0322 - Weaning just makes everything wonky. My cycles were pretty much back to normal (27-32 days cycles), but then I mostly weaned and now I'm stuck on CD39!

@TennisLove30 - Welcome to TFAS! Hope your stay here isn't long. Just an FYI, this is the only place on this board where we can mention our LOs, so anytime you have a rant or rave or just a cute story, come share in here!

@riff323 - Ugh, I'm sorry you're feeling so low! I had a breakdown moment at 4 months TTC (because I wanted an April baby so badly!) and then again at 6 months because half a year just seemed so long! Are you going to start testing around 6 months?

@WinchesterGirl - Welcome to our corner of the TTC world! Are you a Supernatural fan by any chance?  ;)

What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 6

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is my longest cycle since my cycles returning to "normal." No idea why.

Any questions? My DD has been pulling out her hair and eating it. She did it when she was around 3 months old for about a month, but then it seemed to go away. I chalked it up to her learning about her head and hair and being curious. She's always been a hair/thread/fur eater though. She recently started doing it again and now has a thinning patch at the front of her head. We are working on giving her things to fidget with and a toothbrush to chew on. But does anyone have experience or tips?

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD's vocabulary understanding has taken off! She understands "banana," "going outside," "go to your highchair" and lots of other little commands and things like that.

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? Right now banana. It comes and goes. She used to love carrots and green beans, then peanut butter sandwiches, and now it's bananas. She hates a lot of things right now. She used to eat everything, but now it's picky picky.
  • @marebear15 that sounds like a tough thing to deal with! Can you put something on her head to keep her from pulling her hair out? I'm guessing the answer is no, simply based on what I know my DD would do! I guess maybe ask your ped or just wait until she outgrows it?

As for your question about testing... no. I have no plans to ever get tested. It's possible I will change my mind, but for now... I'm under 35 so waiting a year seems more appropriate. If I reach a year, I think we'll just give up. We don't have money for treatments.
    edited November 2018
    @marebear15 I'm thinking cycle 1/1 is living on because I've not even had spotting today. Ugh I just want to start over and try again while my OB's Pep talk is still in my head! 
  • @riff323 - Yep, anything on her head is a no go. No headbands, ponytail holders, hats, nothing. I'm definitely bringing it up at her 15 month appointment.
    Also, I understand about not having any money for treatments. Our insurance doesn't cover it and I haven't looked into whether or not it covers testing. But it might happen to you soon! It took 10 months with my DD.

@daisy0322 - My first cycle after PPAF was 84 days! Hope yours is a lot shorter than that.
  • @marebear15 thank you for the vote of confidence! It only took 6 months with DD so I think it's bumming me out a bit that we're getting close to that with no sign of success. My pity party from last night is hanging on today! I'm trying to be positive and grateful: at least I'm getting a period, right? At least even if it was an an-O cycle, it wasn't a long one.
  • @marebear15 oh no 84 days is a long time! ny CM and cervix tracked pretty normal this month so I'm hoping it's just a delay... I've always been plus/minus 3 days on my cycle 
  • I've been so incredibly busy with work and haven't been on TB much, apologies. 

What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? Today is CD1

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? None so far.

Any questions? Nope. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am just exhausted. Hoping it is weather/AF related and I'm not still sick from some viral infection I've had for over 2 weeks  :/

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? DD loves any fruit, especially berries. She can't stand lettuce, it is pretty funny. 
  • @riff323 I think that's the most frustrating thing about having trouble TTC. it's all well and good to hear about the Michelle Obamas and Chrissy Tiegens of the world who have success with treatment, but what about those of us who can't drop 10's of thousands on it??

@smmatt08 Sorry about CD1, girl. Feel better soon! 
  • @smmatt08 sorry about cycle day 1! Ds has been sick for about 2 weeks too... there's a nasty bug going around!
  • @WinchesterGirl Welcome Welcome! I hope your stay is short & sweet this time around! 

@smmatt08 I am sorry about CD1 ❤️ I hope you start to feel less exhausted soon. Maybe do something nice for yourself tonight - a bath / face mask / wine&chocolate.

@marebear15 Eep, I have no clue what to do about the hair pulling/eating. I think that sort of thing is usually anxiety related, but your DD is super young and I can’t imagine anyone that tiny having anxiety (Although who knows). I would def talk to your pedi about it. Do you happen to notice when she does it? Is it when you’re home or working? Maybe there are some clues in there.
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited November 2018
    @marebear15 my son has super curly hair and when he was between 15 and 18 months he was pulling it out and rubbing it between his fingers. I had to cut his hair super short (which killed me because I had to cut off his curls) and find something to replace the rubbing he did. It ended up being a comfort thing for him. Not that you want to cut of her hair, but that’s what ended up working for us. 

Edit because I forgot words
  • @marebear15, when she pulls her hair, is it sort of a tic like behavior? I think stopping it depends very much on why she does it.  Dd had a similar behavior when she was younger, she pulled at her eyelashes.  Her therapist told me to not show any attention to it, but distract her hands from doing it.  As to veggies, I feel like with dd (ds is different than the average kid, with allergies/autism pickiness) I never was overly pushy when she didn’t want them and I think that helped.

@riff323 I am sorry for all the negative emotions, I am often iffy there with you wondering if it is just by meant to be and I am stubbornly ignoring all the signs!  I hope work was a good distraction.

• @marebear15 i thought you might get a giggle out of this since your little one doesn't like bows or headbands :) 
  • @lillywonderland and @holly321 - I've noticed it's when she gets frustrated. In the highchair if I don't give her something she wants or give her something fast enough, diaper changes, nap time when she's struggling to fall asleep, car rides. And then just other random tantrum times. I don't want it to become a "if I pull my hair, mommy gives it to me", but I'm working on giving her something to play with during diaper changes, not pushing her past that frustration point at meal times, and just giving her something to fidget with or get distracted by.
    Sometimes it's just totally random. Like she'll be playing in the middle of the living room with all kinds of toys and suddenly just pull her hair and eat it. She loves eating my hair too and any random hair she finds on the floor.

@kbrown2385 - I've thought about cutting her bangs, but it probably wouldn't help because she would just find somewhere else to pull hair from. But I just don't have the heart to cut it all off. I'd almost rather have it thinning, than that.
    Do you think you DS just liked the texture of his hair? Did he ever do it after the hair grew back?

@daisy0322 - Lol, I can't remember the last time I put a hair bow in except for the 5 seconds to snap a photo. 

• @kbrown2385 @marebear15 I know when my sister was little she had a thing for ribbons because she liked to rub them. Maybe you could find something to substitute that has a hair-like texture, like a scrap of fabric or thick yarn (the kind with the little threads coming off of it)?

@smmatt08 I hope you're feeling better! Sorry about CD1.

@stephanie123456 I use Fertility Friend but it doesn't work well for me because I wake up at different times to temp (I took a break last month because it was frustrating me so much). I am actually considering charting manually this month! My DD was also a great eater when she was an infant and then once she became a toddler, she started eating junk food all the time. You're not alone! That's why kids' menus are what they are.
  • @marebear15 @riff323 right after we cut his hair we gave him a crocheted blanket that my sister made for him. He still uses it and pulls lint off of it to rub between his fingers, so I’m sure it’s a texture and comfort thing for him. He does it when he’s falling asleep at night so I know it’s not linked to anxiety or anything. 
  • Good morning ladies! Will tag later. 

Cycle/Month? 3/2

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD2 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was feeling optimistic last month, when AF finally arrived I got all the bad feelings back about our previous 3 years TTC. It hit me hard. 

I wasn't going to temp (it caused me anxiety in the past), but I ordered a new BBT last night. 

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm STILL sick. Feeling like walking pneumonia at this point, but I don't have the ability to make it to the doctor this week. Too swamped at work. 

GTKY: What is your LO’s favorite food? What do they hate to eat? She loves GF/DF mac and cheese! The Daiya brand. 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails: