July 2019 Moms

Black Friday deals

are any of you planning to get any of your baby wish list or necessities on Black Friday? I bought a dock a tot when they were 50% off a few weeks ago (before I found out I was pregnant), and I’m thinking about purchasing some stuff that I know we’ll need on BF. Of course I worry about shopping too early because of a previous MC (TW), but I doubt we’ll get a baby shower since this isn’t our first child. 

Re: Black Friday deals

• There isn’t much we need because this is our third but I agree with you, if I see something on sale it’ll be hard to pass up!!
  • I was thinking about getting a mamaroo infant seat if I see a good deal on it. Has anyone used it and would you recommend it? Or would you recommend a different infant seat? It’s my first, so I’d love to see recommendations of what’s worked well for people, and what’s not worth it! https://www.bestbuy.com/site/4moms-mamaroo-4-infant-seat-silver/6221939.p?skuId=6221939
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m hoping to find a good deal on a double BOB jogging stroller. I didn’t get one with my second son, I just got a sit and stand double Stroller, and it was fine, but i really regretted not getting a BOB
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited November 2018
    @knottiecd2424770da57b85

I had the mamaroo and my very active infant hated it. Chill babies may like it more but I’d probably go with something that does more that just sway and doesn’t cost so much. It is the iPhone of bouncers and loses a ton of value within a year. PS! Could you update your screen name so that it’s easier to recognize and tag you (mobile is really having fun with this)? I believe you do that at the knot, then log out/ log in again at the bump. 
  • I got a used mammaroo for my first son and he hated it! I was happy I got it used, because it wasn’t a huge cost. He ended up loving our hand me down fisher price swing. It all depends on your kid though. I’ve had friends who’s babies love it and others not so much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My sister has one and my nephew hated it. 

I will definitely be looking deals on black friday/cyber Monday, especially maternity clothes. If any big items we need (crib, travel set, packnplay, etc) are on sale we'll get. 

Walmart has deals listed for pack n plays now online. 
  • We were given an Ingenuity Portable Swing by a friend as a hand me down, and our kiddo loved that thing. We handed it down in tradition to a mutual friend, and not sure whether or not we'll see if they still need it come next summer or we'll get just another one ourselves.

I'm not sure I'll necessarily be picking up anything on Black Friday itself. TBH, there are similarly good sales during Memorial Day weekend, and that'll be so much closer to our due dates and I think I'll have a better idea of what I need that we don't already have from M.
  • I think I am going to skip black Friday deals because of how far along I’ll be but will probably hit up end of season maternity sales on day after Xmas. 
  • I had the mamaroo with my youngest and she lived in it. It was the best investment for us. 

In terms of the OP, I’ve already started looking. We got rid of the baby stuff not expecting another. We’ll buy gender neutral for now. Also, with our local Sears closing I got a nice pack n play for $100 yesterday. 
  • nauseousnancynauseousnancy member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks! This is good to know. I updated my screen name yesterday, but I think it’s just taken some time to update when I post. Fingers crossed it worked today!
  • I had the mamaroo for my first and totally recommend it. We used it every day for 6 months. I also really loved the rock and play by fisher price. Got the rock and play on a killer sale at Walmart 3 years ago. 

I am hoping for a good double stroller on sale this Black Friday! Specifically the Baby Jogger City Select I think.  Although I'm Canadian we have adopted the Black Friday tradition up here... lucky for us! 
  • Wanted to add... I am also really big on buying second hand. I keep my eyes on kijiji (like Americans craigs list) and facebook marketplace for deals. Got some really nice stuff for my DS that way! 
  • Agree. You can find some really good stuff secondhand! 
  • wanted to mention for Canadian moms, West Coast Kids has some good BF deals this week! I just got myself a double City Select for the price of a single. SO excited for a stroller upgrade as we didn't get anything fancy first go around. I saw theres also a deal on certain colour UppaBaby and other car seats. 
  • I think it's too soon for buying stuff as only 6 weeks pregnant :/
  • Grovia cloth diapers is 20% off site-wide and a lot of other retailers like Nicki's Diapers are offering that same promotion. No code needed. 

G Diapers is 25% off with code 25CHEERS

Solly Baby wraps are 20-25% off site-wide with promo codes (listed on homepage)

Nook Sleep (crib mattresses & breastfeeding pillows) are 20% off site-wide (code on homepage)

• @brake09 where did you find a dock-a-tot 50% off? That’s a great deal! I def want one for this baby. 
  • @lilyan1522 they had a sale a few weeks ago where if you were the first 50 customers it was 50% off, the next 40 customers got 40% off and so on and so on. 
  • @lilyan1522 they've had them at Home Goods/Marshalls/TJMaxx lately! Not as good as 50% off but still a little cheaper. I got mine second hand for $75 so you could look on the BST or fb marketplace too!