Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 11/8

brookert615brookert615 member
edited November 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTO Thursday 11/8

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU:PNV, CoQ10, CM/CP, BBT, OPK, doing the SMEP this month (when I’m in town that is). I’m not going to temp when I’m my girls trip since I’m sharing a bed, but I’ll use it to confirm O still.

R/R: I’m getting sick! I can feel it coming on, but hopefully, I can fight it off. Rave - Thanks @lillywonderland for the suggestion to use SMEP! I’m excited to have a new plan of action this month. I’m gone 4 days next week, but we should still be able to do most of it.

CS/Q: Nothing today. 

Love the Thursday gif @brookert615
    November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • yall - my new role has been very time consuming, but trying to be active/love tit throughout the day! 

@cpiper39 I'm glad you're excited about SMEP this month - but girl I hope you feel better and don't develop a full on illness!

Month/Cycle: 7

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: B6 & vitex, OPKs, CM/CP, RE appt in 8 days. 

R/R: Last day in the office for me - WFH tomorrow. Unfortunately MH's grandmother has been placed in hospice, so I'm trying to be as supportive as possible for him and his father :( 

CS/Q: Nothing to look at here. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • Oooh @cpiper39 how I have I been here months but still had to Google SMEP? I like it! No travel this month (well, no travel without hubby!) so maybe I'll join you... 

Month/cycle: 6

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: the usuals. 

R/R: Sleeeeeeepy. People who invented daylight savings time clearly did not have pets. 

CS/Q: nothing yet, boring, but also no temping because my Sched's been a bit off 

• @jennifer_louise I had to google it too....and facepalmed when I saw what it was.

Month/Cycle: 24/benched pending testing

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: temping, testing, metformin

R/R: my referral came through for the RE so I’ll be setting up my appt today.

Idk if this is a rant or rave, but my parents decided they want to come for a visit this month. My initial reaction is to roll my eyes in annoyance, but I know my mom especially would like to see us all. They live 9 hours away, so I get it, but I don’t have the best relationship with my dad currently, so it will mostly be me avoiding him. Ugh. 

CS/Q: none

• brookert615brookert615 member
    edited November 2018
    EDIT* Added Chart :)

@cpiper39 Oh no, girl! Please feel better and have all the vitamin C! 

@chichiphin Enjoy WFH tomorrow! So sorry to hear about YH's grandmother  <3!

@jennifer_louise LOL about the pets! My dog is legit hovering over me if she hears me move.

@kbrown2385 Yay on the referral! GL to you! Hope you can enjoy the time your parents are there  <3!

I'm not exactly sure where I stand since I don't have any CH yet in FF so if that's okay - I'm going to hang here.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping

R/R: Work is so busy and stressful lately. I'm over-emotional about everything lately and I don't know how to "fix" it. But today is a new day and I got my free coffee at Starbucks. They got my order totally wrong but at least they got the no dairy part right lol. I didn't say anything and just welcomed a change! I have been working on a meeting for my designers today so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly! 

TW* LO Mentioned:

I'm going to WFH while I babysit my friend's little girl tomorrow since their babysitter is going to be away. She is seriously so precious! But every single time I see her I get serious FOMO and it just gets harder and harder. But I do enjoy the time so that's good.

CS/Q: Not much to see. My temps have stayed the same for the last couple of days!

TW
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited November 2018
    @cpiper39 - We're going to do SMEP this next cycle too! Although we may do it a little more than EOD because I promised DH that we were going to do it as often as possible. I'm not using OPKs next cycle though, just CM.

@chichiphin - 8 more days! I'm so sorry to hear about YH's grandma. How long are they expecting her to live?
    Also, I swear you're going to O again before I'm done with this cycle.

@jennifer_louise - Ugh, DST is why I haven't been good at temping lately. My schedule is all wacked out and I keep getting woken up early.

@kbrown2385 - Sorry about the parents' situation. Are you going to be housing them? That's an awfully long time to have house guests especially if you don't have the best relationship with one of them.

@brookert615 - Sorry you're still waiting for your CHs. Can I chart stalk?

Month/Cycle: 6/6 (or maybe I should change it to 7/6? idk, we started trying towards the end of May)

CD: 34

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, HIO

R/R: I worked out for the first time in awhile on Tuesday, and yesterday I got in a stretch video and I feel so good today! Still sore, but a good sore.

CS/Q: Still hoping to see AF before the weekend. My longest cycles are 37-38 days, so we should be getting close.

• @marebear15 That's awesome on the workout and the good feeling today!!! FX you see AF! <3<3<3

I just edited my post to include my chart! Thank you!!! 
    TW
  • @marebear15 they will be staying with us. Only for a few days, max 4! Definitely not a whole month! My sister lives closer to me so they will be doing a visit to her and then me before heading back home. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/2 

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: HIO, BBT, CM, PNV 

R/R: my mother in law is visiting and I’m already tired and ready to go back to our normal routine. She got here last night ha. Hopefully I ovulate a little later this cycle or we might miss our window because of her visit.  

CS/Q: - - 

@marebear15 I had a 37 day cycle and then a 22 day cycle (that I actually ovulated in). Hoping you have a shorter cycle next time and ovulate! These random cycles aren’t fun and the worst kind of surprise. 

@chichiphin I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s grandmother. I hope she is comfortable and goes peacefully. Hospice is a wonderful service for those that unfortunately need of it. 

@cpiper39 I love what SMEP stands for. Makes me giggle like a middle schooler. Good luck! 
  • From yesterday

@marebear15 your husbands project sounds like quite the undertaking! Glad to hear it is wrapping up soon. Hope you get all the snuggles!

@jennifer_louise sorry you are back on WTO, hope you enjoyed your cheat day, you deserve it!

@nightdreamr13 I hope you find someone wonderful for your hair! Would DH still be required to travel if he has a newborn?

@littleredm Caramel apple cider sounds so amazing! *heads to coffee shop* FX on O!

@heml FX you got your timing perfect!

@montee1917 GL with stalking your hairdresser!

@cpiper39 ugh sorry you are getting sick! Hope SMEP works for you!

@chichiphin So sorry to hear about you husband's grandmother, I am sure you are quite supportive, don't be hard on yourself. Hope you are enjoying your new role.

@kbrown2385 hope your parent's visit doesn't stress you out too much, sorry to hear your relationship with your father is struggling.

@brookert615 Happy to get to hang with you today but I'm hoping you get CHs soon! Hope works gets better for you, I wouldn't worry too much about being over-emotional, sometimes you just need to have all the feels. It will pass, just means you are human.

@MotherofDragons I understand the desire to be on your normal routine, how long is she staying? FX for your timing!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Temping, CM, supplements, healthy diet

R/R: Today is the first snow day at my home which is my dog's favorite day of the year (he is basically a giant fluff ball). He always gets so excited but I am still on a work trip until tomorrow so I am going to miss it, so really bummed about it.

CS/Q: Got food poisoning last night so my temp was really high this morning so not counting that. 

TTGP November 2018 Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Dinner Fails

• @queenie_b Thanks for the kind words  <3!!! That's so cute about your dog! What breed is he? Sorry you're bummed about leaving for a work trip - that's always tough! And please feel better! Do you know what you got the food poisoning from? 
    TW
  • @brookert615 - Maybe tomorrow you'll get a rise. Did you trying any OPKs yesterday or today?

@kbrown2385 - Lol I read your post wrong. "this month" not "a month" Well that doesn't sound terrible. Hope it goes smoothly.

@MotherofDragons It's so awkward DTD when your parent(s) are in the same house. *TW pregnancy*
    I got KU with DD while at my parents' house over Christmas, so maybe it's good luck!
    Also, really hoping for a short cycle next time. Historically speaking, they are closer to 27-28 days after a long one, so FX!

• *Popping in*

@cpiper39 You’re so welcome!! I’m glad you’re feeling more positive about your new game plan! 

@jennifer_louise, @marebear15 Good luck on the SMEP!! We *might* try something like it next cycle, but it’s prolly dependent on how busy DH is at work. He’s basically Santa Claus this time of year! 😉 

@chichiphin All the ❤️ for you, YH and FIL. It’s a tough time, and I hope YH’s grandmother is comfortable.

@queenie_b I hope you’re feeling better! FP sucks!!

• @marebear15 Thank you! I wasn't able to yesterday due to me drinking way too much water but I plan on sneaking into the public bathroom around lunch time to sneak an OPK test lol. 

FX you get a short cycle next time!  <3<3<3<3 
    TW
  • @cpiper39 Yay for the SMEP plan of attack, but boo for getting sick! My cold lasted two whole weeks, but hopefully you can avoid it and stay healthy.
    @chichiphin I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother. He is so lucky that you are there for him during this time.
    @jennifer_louise My cats want to be fed all day eryday no matter what time it is. The sun could blow up and they'd be like, "Hmmm... it's dark. Where's my tuna?"
    @kbrown2385 I'm glad that your referral came through! Good luck with the RE. Hopefully, you can get an appointment soon.
    @brookert615 *TW LO Mentioned
    I totally get it. For one of my jobs, I am a reading/phonics tutor for elementary school students and being so involved in cultivating a love of reading with these kids makes me yearn to do that for my own some day. I guess I can read to my cats?

@marebear15 You are inspiring me to workout! I need some of your motivation.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: I'm on my period, so at the moment I'm watching Downton Abbey and eating bread. It's not a proven technique, but I'm willing to be the test subject.

R/R: I normally have a 7 day LP, but with the progesterone supplement last month, my LP went up to 11 days. Woo hoo! Sorry that I've been MIA, but I needed to step back for a bit and not be so Type A with TTC. I've missed you all!

CS/Q: Dumb question: Where is the best place for my husband to get a SA? A urologist? I've read not to go into a place like Quest because they aren't as thorough.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @cpiper39 ooh GL with SMEP. I like the idea of it but we couldn't handle the pressure, lol. We're basically still trying to stick to it but it's kind of unspoken now. Hope you can fight off whatever's brewing so you're not sick before your girls' trip!
    @chichiphin sorry about YH's grandmother. Lots of <3 and hugs for you today. 
    @jennifer_louise LOL I feel guilty for saying it but I am so glad we don't have the dog with us this week. Granted he's a sleepy little potato in the mornings and hasn't woken us up to go out in a while. MF is a morning person and I'm not but our dog won't leave my side so it doesn't even matter if he's already up, I still have to go out with them. 
    @kbrown2385 that's good news about your RE appt, FX you don't have to wait long! 
    @brookert615 *hugs* I'm sorry work has been so stressful and that it's getting to you. What did you end up getting from Starbucks this morning, was it good? I miss coffee. I would kill for a decaf flat white right now. I'm drinking my decaf tea but it's cold and just... blah. 
    @marebear15 Still no AF? Glad you got your workouts in and you're feeling good tho! That's a great feeling. 
    @MotherofDragons GL with your MIL! How long is she staying with you? It's definitely hard to DTD with house guests, but not impossible! With a little creativity and spontaneity it can be done. ;) 
    @queenie_b sorry you're missing the first snow! Pups in the snow is so fun to watch. We're looking forward to having a fenced yard this winter so our guy can run around and play. And hope you're feeling better!! 
    @lillywonderland hiiii friend, I see you. <3 

Month/Cycle: 11/8

CD:28

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, homeopathic hormone rebalancing, PCOS diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture, RE appt on Monday! Patiently waiting for O.... 

R/R: Thank you everyone for your kind words yesterday. I'm feeling a lot better today, more like myself. Didn't end up getting that bath, but I did get the house cleaned up a bit and MF is a big cuddle bug so we spent some quiet time together when he got home. 

CS/Q: Frustrated, my CM is starting to turn but still not really any sign of O. Haven't discarded Monday's random spike yet but even with it in there, nothing exciting going on. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @Motherofdragons GL with your MIL! The older I get, the more out of it I feel when my normal routine gets thrown off.
    @queenie_b Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I hope that you feel much better soon.
    @kiki047 I "loved" your engagement post, but let me properly GIF:

I am so, so happy for you!! That ring is perfection!

TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @kiki047 so glad you're feeling better. I hope that good days continue to follow the bad ones!

@elle-0409 I lol-ed at your WAYDTGKU. Now, that's something I haven't tried yet! Btw, congrats on the longer LP! Did you talk to a doc about the progesterone? My LP was 9 the last two cycles, but 12 the two cycles before that. I worry that it's getting shorter, because it's "supposed" to be the same every month. Anyway, I'm starting to think about what might be causing my shorter LP as the months go by.
  • @elle-0409 I've missed you! Welcome back. Totally understand needing to take a step back, but for the record I'm glad you're here! And thank you, that GIF is totes me rn. I get very little work done when I'm sitting here staring at my ring... also, your cats = my cats. I also read to my pets when I'm home alone. Usually textbooks, because I'm less likely to fall asleep if I'm reading out loud (spoiler alert: they sleep right through my lecture). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @elle-0409 Lol about reading to cats! I'm getting close to that! Love your WAYDTGKU method. Glad you LP is getting longer! That's absolutely wonderful! 

@kiki047 I kicked caffeine for MONTHS and then I got a Starbucks gift card! Now I'm trying to ween myself off. I usually get an Iced Caramel Macchiato with coconut milk and it was a hot drink that tasted not caramel lol. I wasn't a fan! Glad you are feeling better - you have a lot going on right now! Isn't cuddling up just the best? Hopefully you get that O soon!
    TW
  • Blah I fell behind again - thank you everyone for your kind words about MH's grandmother
    @marebear15 yay for your workout!!
    @jennifer_louise we are having the same issues with our doggos and DLS time
    @queenie_b aww feel better!!! I'm so sorry about food poisoning. 
    @brookert615 it's okay to be overly emotional some times!! take one step at a time :) 
    @Mother0fDragons I hope you can make it through your MIL visit
    @elle-0409 yay you're back! glad you got some time away - and LOL at your current WYDTGKU
    @kiki047 I'm so glad you're feeling better/more like yourself today :) 
    @kbrown2385 I'm glad you can schedule your RE appt!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin So sorry for YH's grandmother and family. Glad he has you to lean on. 

@jennifer_louise @kbrown2385 I also had to google and then facepalmed, HA!

@marebear15 I need to be better about getting in stretching. Glad you're feeling "good" sore! It always makes me feel like my workout "worked" 

@queenie_b Snow day?! Hard for me to imagine since I'm in TX and it was in the 80s this week!

@elle-0409 LOL at what you're doing to get KU. Welcome back! I had to take a step back last month too, sometimes it's helpful to recenter. YAY for a longer LP!

@kiki047 I am so glad you're feeling better today (even without the nice bath)! Cleaning can be very therapeutic sometimes. Feels like if your house is in order, then life will fall into place too

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: PNV, DHA, CM, BBT, making sure MH takes his Vit D supplement

R/R: I made my tennis class yesterday, woooo! I'm still by far the worst in the class, but I burned some calories, so I'll take it. It looks like the rain that I thought would be yesterday would be today now, so it may rain on our outdoor movie plans. We were supposed to go see "Selena" in a downtown park. It's one of my favs. I feel like I watched it 100 times as a kid.

CS/Q: Pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. I took OPKs at CD13 and 14, which were negative, just in case I ovulated early. Then, I didn't bother because MH went out of town so it kinda didn't matter. Now I'm regretting not still OPKing for chart purposes. Oh well! Waiting for CH, then I'll move over to TWW.

• @jennifer_louise Yes, I was prescribed a progesterone supplement by my doctor. I tried B vitamins for a couple of months prior, but they only seemed to lengthen it by a day. I know that stress, being over/under weight, PCOS, excessive exercise, endometriosis, and a thyroid disorder can all be causes of a short LP. Good luck! I hope that it goes back up to 12 this month.
    @kiki047 That seems very rude of your cats to sleep through your lectures. But also exactly what I would expect. :D I speak to mine in French sometimes and they're just like, "Why?"
    @chichiphin Thank you! I'm happy to be back. You are so sweet to check up on me! <3
    @heml Your chart looks great! And I LOVE Selena! Like, if I'm flipping through the channels and I see that it's on, forget about it. I will not get anything else done. And I will 100% cry.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022