July 2019 Moms

Pregnancy workouts!

2»

Re: Pregnancy workouts!

• Has anyone started shopping around for maternity work out pants?  Whats a good brand? My regular stuff is mostly Bally or cute things I find on Zulily :)
  • Omg I did my first workout (.since finding out ) 2 days ago and felt so weird down there too. At one point I ran to the bathroom coz I thought the sweat down there was blood or something. Stressful. I guess I need to just relax. Doctor cleared working out and running so should be ok. But anyone else feel winded when running?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two gym partners at work and we workout together every lunch hour. We usually have a weekly plan and sometimes it’s pretty intense. Lately they want to up our ab intensity. I don’t wanna do direct abs after 8-10 weeks (everyone has a different view of ab work, my first pregnancy I kept my same routines til 2 trimester) and I was hoping to keep it a secret from them til at least 8 weeks  but I dunno if I’ll make it past 6! I’m fatigued and a little nauseous lately. I think they’re gonna just know by me modifying and not being able to keep up as much! I know they’ll be supportive so we’ll see how I’m feeling after the end of this week (I’ll be 5 on sat)
  • Glad to see some crossfitters on here.  I am planning to continue doing crossfit throughout, modifying as needed. I've been so tired lately, that I know my workouts have been dialed down, anyway.  I don't think you need to change many of the movements until later on.  For now, I am using weights that are a little below my max effort, and the doctor advised to avoid anything where I could fall down, and to maintain a medium intensity level (not working so hard that I can't talk to people).
  • I do camp gladiator. My trainer is currently due in January so she will be able to modify the workouts for me once she’s back from maternity. 

Everything I’ve read says to maintain what you are doing, don’t pick up something harder that your body isn’t already used to. 
  • @hinotes I am also surprised to see so many of us here! I haven't modified my WODs yet and am hoping I won't need to until later on. I also haven't told my coach yet though either. Two of the coaches had babies last June and worked out the whole time. One is also certified in Birthfit so I am hoping they will be a great resource on how to modify and when. 
  • abmeierabmeier member
    edited November 2018
    @amyjay23 I’m a BB coach and I was so worried I’d have to stop my 3rd round of 80 Day Obsession. When I got my lab work back I asked my ARNP (also BB coach). She said to continue but just listen to my body. Told me to curb my energize and recover though 😞 So happy to see you’re sticking with T25!

@sarooo143 I started the program in January and lost 17”. Did round 2 until getting married in June. We did LIIFT4 and had just finished week 1 round 3 of 80DO when we found out. I’m so thankful for the endless workout options with Beachbody!
  • mamanbebe said:
    @InesCH I was reading up on high temps because I used an infrared sauna a couple weeks back and it seemed like anything with high temps should not be done for more than a few minutes without risk to the pregnancy. What is the room temp during hot yoga? 
    I think hot yoga is around 90 degrees. 
  • I have been the most fit of my life in the last 18 months. I’m going to continue jogging, cycling, lifting, and yoga as long as I can! 
  • Anyone interested in starting a weekly check in for workouts for accountability? 
  • Bear14+Bear14+ member
    edited November 2018
    I've been at Orange Theory for a while now. I did my normal work out last week (during my 4th week) and had spotting that afternoon. I'm kinda weirded out about going back now. I think I'll give it another shot, but take it way easy. I canceled my membership, but I still have another billing cycle, so it won't be over until 1/6/19. I was comfortable working out until that point... 
  • @Bear14+ Oh my. That’s scary! I wouldn’t be comfortable with going back either. I’m currently still comfortable working out at the same intensity from before I was pregnant but this worries me! 
  • Bumping this for encouragement. God knows I need it  :#
  • Yeah so much for working out. The moment I feel better I’m getting back into the gym!! 
  • I have had zero motivation, but know I should at least try a class this week! Going to shoot for Friday! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for bumping this! I did not see it when I was looking for info about exercise (and posted again this morning 😬).

Does anyone know if it’s okay to start a new exercise routine when pregnant? Not necessarily crazy intense, but just new. The nurse yesterday told me if I wasn’t exercising consistently before pregnancy not to now unless it was just light walking. I am currently considered a relatively “normal” pregnancy so far, so I was wondering what everyone else thought? I feel like crap now so don’t want to do anything, but I also don’t want to completely let myself go when I start feeling better in the second trimester! Any thoughts?
  • @rgn12 I think you can do low-impact now and throughout your whole pregnancy, like treadmill, recumbent exercise bike, elliptical, yoga, pilates, swimming. I'm going back to pilates with machines next week and plan on doing treadmill and yoga too. 
  • @mamanbebe thank you! I was caught off guard when she told me not to if I haven’t been recently (MS ughhhh). 
  • I do Burn Bootcamp and a prenatal fitness class called Fit4Moms. I’m trying to do atleast 3-4x a week, but the nausea and the cold make it extremely hard.
  • I’m only 5 weeks, so I thought my regular Orangetheory class today would be no prob, I’d just need to slow my treadmill speeds a bit. Holy moly. It felt so hard, and I got tired so easily. Took lots of water breaks and powered through. I don’t think working out while pregnant is gonna be quite as easy as I thought it was gonna be... 

@fabcrab I bought two pairs of maternity workout capris and two workout tanks from Gap on cyber Monday because they were way on sale 
  • I usually take my dog on long walks every day, and was doing bike/elliptical, but I feel so gross and the weather has been nasty so I'm just taking a break for now. Bummed bc it does make me feel better. 
  • Doing Lauren Gleisbergs Fitmas currently. She is actually pregnant as well so gave me confidence I could do it too. I’ve told my gym partners I am pregnant and I’ve been feeling good. I add in some extra incline treadmill before or after as well. 
  • mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited November 2018
    I just got back from the gym, doing variable incline paced walking on the treadmill. It went pretty well except for sciatic pinching in my hip toward the end, so I stopped a couple minutes early. 
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNpPhZtZITc   This is a good one. I love tone it up.