Baby Names

Vote on baby girl names

My children are Sophie Grace and Grant Joseph. Help me figure out my feelings on our front runners.

Note: Big Sister who is 5 picked Lily Rose which I was surprised at actually liking it despite being two flowers and therefore a little corny but it flows
nicely and would be sweet if DD got to name the sister she’s been asking for for several years.

Also, yes, we like Norah with the “h”. I know that’s not a popular spelling on here haha

And lastly, we don’t want to use Evelyn as a FN bc it’s so popular.

Thanks in advance!

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Vote on baby girl names 66 votes

Paige Evelyn
15% 10 votes
Norah June
21% 14 votes
Norah Paige
13% 9 votes
Natalie Paige
28% 19 votes
Lily Rose
21% 14 votes

Re: Vote on baby girl names

• I think Lily Rose is cute but Lily seems to be super popular right now. I think Norah is beautiful and much less common. 
  • I think Lily Rose is cute but Lily seems to be super popular right now. I think Norah is beautiful and much less common. 
    Thanks for the input! Lily is #27 so it’s not so popular that we would avoid it. We loved Ava but it’s #3 I think so we axed it. 

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I like Lily Rose and that sister picked it, but I agree about the 2 flower names. I also like Norah June, although it might be too similar to Norah Jones the singer.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    I like Lily Rose and that sister picked it, but I agree about the 2 flower names. I also like Norah June, although it might be too similar to Norah Jones the singer.
    Thanks — hasn’t thought of Norah Jones. She’s not really a thing anymore though, is she? 

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• If you're not into the double flower, have you considered mixing elements of the name your daughter picked with the other names? Such as Natalie Rose, Norah Rose, or Paige Lily?
  • I voted Norah June 

if if you want to use Lily maybe Lily Paige
  • I think Lily and Rose are both common enough names that most people will not immediately pick up on the double flower. Obviously people who spend their time on name board are more tuned into that stuff than the general public! Ha

I picked Lily Rose because it is nice, classic, ages well and I absolutely love that your daughter picked it :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I also think Lily Rose is the name of Johnny Depp's daughter. Not that it's a bad thing. Just information. 

• mayoduck said:

If you're not into the double flower, have you considered mixing elements of the name your daughter picked with the other names? Such as Natalie Rose, Norah Rose, or Paige Lily?

I wasn’t sure if the double flowers made it corny? I’m not particularly into nature (enough to purposely set out to use nature-related names) but I do like feminine names. I was expecting her to choose a name like Princess Marina or something lol She has many stuffed animals named Marina.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think Lily and Rose are both common enough names that most people will not immediately pick up on the double flower. Obviously people who spend their time on name board are more tuned into that stuff than the general public! Ha

I picked Lily Rose because it is nice, classic, ages well and I absolutely love that your daughter picked it :)

I like those things, too, and most people don’t know anyone else’s middle name anyway.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I also think Lily Rose is the name of Johnny Depp's daughter. Not that it's a bad thing. Just information. 

You’re right. Didn’t know that.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• @little_bren I don't think two flower names is corny. Some people might think you really like flowers because of the name, but as you mention middle names aren't even often used, and it is a pretty sounding combination. If you really like it and it has a special meaning because your daughter picked it, I think it's a very nice option! It may even increase your daughter's immediate bond to her sister because she chose the name.
  • I voted Natalie Paige, love it, but reading through comments made me love Lily Paige as well. It actually goes really nicely with your other kids names.