July 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms of 11/5

Re: Weekly Randoms of 11/5

• Options
    I can't believe we finally have our board!! 

Our Beefy cow ripped my favorite pair of yoga pants last night. I may have cried. 

Also my H has a job tonight so he has been home all day. I'm dragging so much butt today so he's been picking up my slack. Putting the animals up and doing bedtime alone tonight is going to suck. I really need to get going. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat tell me more about this beefy cow, what other animals do you all have? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes @nopegoat I am so curious about your homesteading life! My SO and I are so into the idea of it!
  • Options
    I attempted to take my 2 year old to the polls today.... lately anytime we go out in public it's a challenge. Thank god for relatively short lines. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    Yes @nopegoat I am so curious about your homesteading life! My SO and I are so into the idea of it!
    We are about 2yrs into our journey now and still have such a long ways to go before we are anywhere near self sufficient, or at least as self sufficient as you can be these days. Our goal is to be able to produce at least 75% of our own food in the next 5yrs. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat This might be a really dumb question, but I thought females were always called cows and males were always called steers or bulls?
    And how did this cow of yours rip your yoga pants? I have this image in my head of your cow trying to walk around in them  :D
  • Options
    @nopegoat

So... is Beefy not going to be dinner at some point? 

Randoms - so I had to have emergency dental work last week, right after I found out I was pregnant. 2 teeth pulled, one with no numbing because it wasn't working. Today is the last day of my antibiotics, and the first day I don't feel like complete crap, except for having to run to toilet and poop all friggin day!!!!!! And I want food. All the food. The constant loose stools for the last week, and I am down 3lbs. I'm overweight to begin with, but for losing during pregnancy has been a sign of things about to go wrong. Although this time I think it is more the meds and the hormones combined. But I am sitting in my classroom, trying to figure out if I am going to eat the school lunch or just stick with the boring sammie I brought or both, because food...
  • Options
    @nopegoat that is so amazing!! We are on 5 acres, and DH wants to start with chickens, and then possibly add some goats! The neighbors behind us, recently added a calf to their land that was rejected by her mother. Her name is Precious and thankfully, she's done amazing! My boys love going next door and seeing her and feeding the baby goats they have.

Does anyone know how to add a ticker change? I clicked the link in the Read me First Thread but it didn't work for me
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2018
    @hestia14 not stupid at all! You are 100% correct. I use cow more as a pet name than actual description. He is a bull for now. We are trying to rent a parcel of land on the back side of ours and get him a few cows. The original owner however just passed and now the family is feuding over assets so I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not. If it doesn't happen in the next 6 months or so we will be steering him as a safety precaution.

ETA: I didn't answer the yoga pants question. I was putting everyone up and feeding everyone for the night and he rubbed his head on the back of my pants just right, caught the seam, and ripped them. Not very exciting ha! 

@indulgentgypsy hopefully not. We are still hoping to use him as a breeding bull for now. If we can't breed him, he will become a steer and he might become dinner one day, especially if he ever gets aggressive. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat What a sweet face and I think that might be the best cow name ever. 

@nolemomma14 I am jealous of your 5 acres! Our goal is to edge out of the city in the next year or two and start a small farm, with the goal of (like @nopegoat ) being mostly self-suffient. I have a relative in rural Missouri who has been slowly building a permaculture farm nestled in the woods for the past 10 years and it is such a beautiful and peaceful place, I would love to do something like that. 
  • Options
    I went to vote and I felt like I was taking an exam. I went over everything to make sure they were darkened in. There was some people who were there before and after I left which makes me think I missed something.

@nolemomma14 good question. I was trying to google it.
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2018
    @nolemomma14 we only have 2 acres and with a lot of planning have been able to do so much!! Also do it!! I promise you won't regret it! I couldn't imagine my kids growing up any other way!

Re-tickers, Open up TB in the browser request desktop site, and click on the head thing by TBs notification bar to go to preferences and signature settings. I use the lillypie ones. Just copy the image URL and paste into the signature box. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I love having the space! We use to be in a neighborhood, and we did love it, had great neighbors, but now I can't imagine living anywhere but here! I love that I can just open the front door, and both boys can go out and explore! We're looking forward to adding animals and a garden in the future!

Thanks for the ticker help, I'll try it out tonight!

• Options
    I have so many clothes in my pink blush cart. A lot of tops that are great after pregnancy. I'm hoping it saves my cart until black Friday/cyber Monday 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I make pet products (collars, leashes, bows, etc)  
  • Options
    I just logged into my health insurance account to check on claims and the blood work I had done last week was $$$$ and not covered at all. Has anyone had any luck negotiating diagnostics bills before? 
  • Options
    @nopegoat what a pretty cow! My brother is a large animal veterinarian, and he takes care of cows a lot. He and SIL and their family have a small farm. 

Nothing exciting going on over over here today. Voted, and now anxiously awaiting the results. (Pretty closely contested senate race where I am.) 
  • Options
    Thank you @Squirtgun! Oh wow! If I could go back in time I think I would be a large animal vet. Such a tough job but I have fallen madly in love with these guys. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I can get here from the app and see your avatars now!
  • Options
    I can get here from the app and see your avatars now!
    I can finally get here through the app but avatars are still messed up for me. Boo. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat they are gone again for me. Get it together Bump.
  • Options
    Anyone want to take bets on how long it'll take to get our stuff pinned? 😂 😂

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I'm going to vote for a week! 
  • Options
    Why is it that my toddler takes his best naps on days when we have to go get big brother at school!? Also, it took them 6 weeks to give us a board, so maybe by the time we hit the second trimester they’ll get pinned 😂
  • Options
    Looks like they pinned them! Yay!!!  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat when my cousin was pregnant my three year old kept insisting she ate the baby.  Close, kid. :) 
  • Options
    @nopegoat when my cousin was pregnant my three year old kept insisting she ate the baby.  Close, kid. :) 
    Haha!! Close enough! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Hey ladies!  My first radoms post :) So... we decided we were going to tell DHs parents this Sunday and then MIL came over to help DH with the kids today while I was working and he started texting me "can I tell my mom?" So I told him to wait until I got home within the hour, but then she had to leave, and when she did he said "we want to tell you guys something really exciting, but guess it can wait" and now her and FIL are coming over for dinner. In 30 mins. So, I guess we're telling them.  However, I got my first round of HCG numbers back today and at 4 wks im at 117 which OB said was a little low and wanted to test again tmrw. So now im worried and not really in the mood for all the commotion. Urrrg...
  • Options
    My oldest told me he has a baby in his belly too 😂 
  • Options
    Today is picture day for my three year old and I have to been at work early for a meeting. Here’s hoping she gets out the door in something presentable. 
  • Options
    @fabcrab How did things go last night? 
  • Options
    @nopegoat Your chickens are beautiful! What breed are they?
  • Options
    @fabcrab I am glad to hear it went well! Fingers crossed for rising numbers. 
  • Options
    @fabcrab I'm so glad it went well last night. Your MIL sounds super sweet. ❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙