Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 11/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
Image result for joey turkey friends

Re: WTO Thursday 11/1

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2018
    Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPK, CM, BBT

R/R: I said this last night but only one kid came to our door yesterday! I was so bummed out. It was pretty crappy weather, but wah. Also, I’m completely over this stupid advanced ovulation monitor I have. I must’ve gotten a faulty one or it’s just a piece of sh*t. Tried to use it when I woke up around 3 this morning, Went through 2 sticks, and it still wouldn’t work. I don’t do anything differently the rare times it does work so it’s not user error. Think I’ll go buy some regular OPKs today since it’s getting close to O! Rave- Thursday’s are my work at home day, much needed right now!

CS/Q: nada

ETA a new rant in spoiler 😂 whyyyyyy. 

• @b_1029 **lurking** yikes! is that storm tracking towards you or indy? my fam is getting soaked rn haha 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • @chichiphin I think a little of both, I can’t really tell from the radar ha. It has been raining here nonstop since yesterday so I’m guessing it has been the same for your family!
  • @b_1029 wahhh I hope it doesn't ruin all of the lovely fall foliage down there. ugh I miss southern indiana/kentucky in the fall 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @b_1029 - We have a huge line of storms headed our way too. Thankfully the rain didn't hit us until early this morning, so we had some good trick-or-treaters. Although we didn't make it home after trick-or-treating ourselves until around 7pm, so we missed the big rush and only gave away about half our candy. I'm taking the other bag to work because I don't need that kind of temptation in the house and DH doesn't know I bought two bags, mwahaha.

Month/Cycle: 6/6
    CD: 27
    WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs, CM, BBT, HIO
    R/R: It's crazy windy here today, so my poor curly hair went into a messy bun. But it's supposed to be pouring around lunch time, and I have to walk about .4 miles to get to the cafeteria. Hopefully I won't get soaked, but I planned ahead and brought flipflops for the walk.
    CS/Q: Why not!

• @b_1029 Sorry about the OPK issues! And dang on all of that rain! We are getting only a chunk of a storm! Enjoy your work from home day!

@marebear15 Hope you can stay dry! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping

R/R: My FIRST EVER passing out candy experience was last night so that was fun hanging out with DH. 

CS/Q: Things are starting to get weird. I NEED to take my OPKs but it's so hard not to drink water for two hours! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • When H calls you from work and says he has a last minute work trip Sunday- Wednesday and your O date will be most likely be either Sunday or Monday. 😭

also @brookert615 I’m with ya there. That’s the only reason I like this OPK thing I’m using- it says to use after your longest sleep. 
  • @b_1029 Oh no! I'm sorry about the storm keeping trick or treaters away! Wow that radar looks intense!

@marebear15 We have candy leftover too. I should have been more generous when I handed it out. Hope that the storm stays away where you are until at least lunchtime so you don't get soaked.

@brookert615 Glad you had a nice time handing out candy with YH.

Month/Cycle: 11/11 (benched for two of them)

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opk, cm, pre-seed, etc

R/R: We have too much candy leftover! The kids really liked my dogs, although they went nuts anytime somebody came to our door. I'm putting their pictures in the spoiler. I dressed up Oliver as a bunny although I got more comments saying he looked like Dobby the house elf. And I didn't have a costume for Daisy so I just put her in a shirt but she's still a cutie. (The back of her shirt says "I'm not spoiled" in pink glitter and has a bow.)

CS/Q: Nope.

• edited November 2018
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, CM, HIO

R/R: I feel like crap. I somehow developed a fever yesterday afternoon and now I just feel all...feverish. I’m going to work today because I’m crazy...and I don’t have any PTO because I only started a couple months ago. I wish I felt crappy because I ate too much Halloween candy. I’m going to have to either pawn off or eat all the candy I bought since we only had like 10 trick or treaters. 😢 Trunk or treat events are really popular here now, so I think that’s why we’ve been on a steady decline since we first moved in.

CS/Q: Nah, we good.

@b_1029 Just because I’m feeling a bit evil this morning, check out the spoiler below for our weekly forecast. 🤣😉

In all seriousness though, I miss the rain, snow and thunderstorms. We had a thunderstorm a few weeks ago and it’s all anyone could talk about for days. 🤣😂 I hope you guys stay nice and dry!! (Also, buy some dang Wondfo OPKs. I like them and they seem to be cheap and accurate for me).

@marebear15 I love that you planned ahead and brought flip flops to work! I hope you don’t get too soaked on your lunchtime adventure!

@brookert615 Yay for handing out candy! It’s my favorite! Question: did you give one piece of candy, multiple ones or did you give out candy depending on how adorable their outfit is?!? lol. It’s all about the adorableness for me! 😂

@littleredm OMG your dogs are so adorable!!! And yes, he totally looks like Dobby!!

*edit to add tag

• @lillywonderland I wish I could say I hate you, but you’re way too nice and sweet to hate 😂 sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Hopefully it’s just a 24 hour thing!
    @littleredm omg, I love your dogs’ costumes! They look thrilled! 
  • sorry I'm a huge lurker today. BUT OMG @littleredm I love your chichis! We have two as well. ugh so cute. Oliver looks like my Jackson. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Tag from yesterday:

@lokibear89 Ahhh you live in NZ? We ❤️ NZ so much! It’s prolly my favorite place to visit. We had so much fun there, and everyone is so wonderful and chill there. Are you on the North or South Island? 

@b_1029 I couldn’t help myself! One of the great things about SoCal is the weather...but that’s also a downside since so many people live here because of the weather. 
  • @b_1029 yikes, that radar doesn't look good either way. Sorry about your monitor, that sounds far too complicated for something you're most likely doing first thing in the morning. My brain isn't functioning well enough to figure that out. 
    @marebear15 haha I like your style. We severely misjudged how much candy we bought, we think maybe his Mom took one of our bags or else we thought the bags in the cart were ours but they were actually all for her... so I felt like an a-hole giving out the smallest little candy bars, even though they were the good ones. Next year we gotta step up our game. Also, we're still chart buddies, my curve looks like that too still. 
    @brookert615 whoa, that's one heck of a temp jump. Yay for handing out candy tho! 
    @littleredm your dogs are soooo cute!! And that's always the question - how much do you give out? I don't want to develop a reputation for being stingy but I also don't want to set the bar too high because then we're going to bankrupt ourselves buying candy every year lol. 
    @lillywonderland daaaaaaamn you and your SoCal temps. I'm shaking my fist at you through my screen. I still <3 ya but very jealous from here in the great white north. Hope you're feeling better soon! 

Month/Cycle: 11/7 (whomp, another month)

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, homeopathic hormone rebalancing, PCOS diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture today, & that RE appt can't come soon enough

R/R: Rant: my thermo was acting up this morning but it doesn't seem to be the battery. I never did get a reading. Rave: our first Halloween in the house was a success. We met a few of the neighbours too and everyone was so friendly. The kids were so polite, they all said their please's and thank you's. Mostly older (12+) kids but some great costumes and lots of smiles. 

CS/Q: Since I didn't get a temp reading this morning there's nothing new to see, but my RHR dropped so I'm assuming still no O. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @b_1029 Oh nifty! I'm going to have to look into those!!!

@littleredm Oh my goodness - love the pups!!! 

lillywonderland Oh goodness - please feel better soon! We gave out multiples of candy and I think they all got 10/10 for cuteness if I'm honest lol! 
    TW
  • @lillywonderland I hope you feel better soon! Jealous of your weather!!!

@chichiphin Chichi's are the best dogs! I want to see a picture of Jackson!

@kiki047 I think I was a little too stingy this year with the candy because I was worried about running around. My husband I know gave more pieces out so he'll be the popular one next year. So happy that you had a great first Halloween in your house. :)
  • @kiki047 Glad you had a good first Halloween at your house and you were able to meet some of your neighbors! 
    TW
  • @kiki047 : boo to thermometer problems.  

@brookert615:  the temps are pretty nutso!  Hopefully you can demystify soon!

@lillywonderland :  Trunk or treats are super popular here, too...and honestly I can understand why.  Generally a little easier to supervise, often held the weekend before halloween (not too late on a school night).

@littleredm:  OH my GOODNESS!  The doggies are too cute!

@b1029:  SO SORRY about the travel surprise!  I get so stressed out when timing gets messed up!

Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, CM, OPK/Clearblue Adv OPK, HIO

R/R: I'm still celebrating actually getting a "peak" reading on my Clearblue (and a blazing positive cheapie OPK)!  Woo hoo!  And managed to get it between two trips!  Now, FX that I ACTUALLY ovulate.  Rant:  We just got back from vacation, and we think DH had some chafing issues. TMI, but he has a raw/irritated spot in a sensitive area.  FX it improves quickly.  

CS/Q:  Didn't BBT this cycle (due to all the travel), so hopefully I won't regret it.  Will move to TWW tomorrow, with the assumption that O was today/tomorrow.  
  • edited November 2018
    Hi! Totally missed yesterday because I was at work all day and was hanging out with dh when I got home and then fell asleep! I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Charting, PNV, HIO 

R/R: Rave: It's my day off so i'm possibly going to see puppies at the shelter today!! Also it's CD 10 and my EWCM has liked to start around now in the past so i'm hoping I start to see that. Also hoping for hio later today!! We are going to hang out with some friends tonight! I am going to try to dress up since I couldn't yesterday  :D
    Rant: My Halloween was kinda lame as I was working but I liked seeing people's costumes! No handing out candy though. 3 days of temps and so far I have 2 open circles LOL wow I suck. It's raining here too! I kinda like it though so maybe it's not a rant, but I hate going out to the store in the rain. 

CS/Q: I'll post a pic of my chart so far. Literally nothing really on there yet, I gotta get into the swing of charting more so I can develop the habit again. Does anyone else's tags not come up easy or work sometimes? Idk if it's the bump or my Mac not cooperating.

@b_1029 Sorry that your OPK isn't working right for you! & wow that storm!! So much rain!!

@marebear15 Great idea thinking ahead by bringing flip flops!

@brookert615 That sounds like you had a great night! I can't wait until I can do that with my H! 

@littleredm He does look like dobby! super cute pups! I think my dog would die if I tried putting something on her lol maybe next year!

@lillywonderland Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Fevers suck. Hope your work day isn't too bad and you can go home and rest up afterwards. & i've noticed that about trunk or treat too! UO but I really think it's weird but maybe that's because I don't have kids yet  :# 

@kiki047 That's odd about your thermometer! What kind do you have? & that's awesome that you had a great Halloween! Love when kids have manners!

@icking82 Yay for getting a peak reading on OPK! Sorry to hear about your H's irritation! Hope it heals up soon.

Edit: added chart in spoiler 

• @icking82 Woohoo on the peak and that everything is lining up!

jiraiya Oh puppies!!! Enjoy your day off and your night! Also, I'm having issues tagging today!
    TW
  • @jiraiya I have the Easy@Home backlit thermometer. I've had it since the end of June and it's worked well up until now. I think I have a spare battery somewhere so going to test it again later but not sure why it decided to glitch this morning. I'm just worried it's going to crap out on me at a critical point in my cycle. I'm wondering if this is why I got 3 different temps in a row the other day too. Now I'm paranoid. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I see! I hope a new battery will fix the issue! I hope it doesn't stop working either especially since it's not even 6 months old.
  • @kiki047 It was mostly the parents who shouted “thank you” from the sidewalk for me. One kid (who was dressed as a velociraptor - prolly like 3 or 4 years old or so) kept standing there with his little bag of candy after I already gave him and all his little friends some candy. So I gave him another. So cute!

@icking82 I hope the chafing doesn’t interfere with HIO! See you over in the TWW soon!! 

@jiraiya I sort of “get” the trunk or treat aspect. It’s way safer than just walking around. Plus. When we were kids we knew everyone in our neighborhood. Now, I only know a few neighbors. I’m sure we’ll start doing it when the kids are a bit older.
  • Month/Cycle:  1/1 or 5/5 -- do you generally count or not count, deliberately going off BC and NTNP? 

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: HIO, CM, Some Charting

R/R: I told my self I would not eat any halloween candy yet here I am 3 snickers and a kitkat in...  

CS/Q: Ive only had EWCM a few times in the last 6-12 months.  Do you guys typically see that every single month? I'd hate to call my vajay hostile... 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @moon1417 Good question on the month and cycle... I did only the months we were actively trying personally. And the EWCM varies person to person but ideally yes you want it during your fertility window. Do you take any supplements that dry up sinuses? Some cold medicines will interfere for sure! Also I use the Ovia app as well and it uses a whole bunch of ways that help figure out cycles better! 
    TW
  • @brookert615  Ah! I do take two different allergy medicine so maybe that is it! I wish I could manage life without them.. hoping to start allergy shots in January. Thanks on the tips - I will check out the Ovia App. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @lillywonderland North Island, up in Auckland. We are pretty lucky, its a gorgeous place to live. Where have you visited? (ps hope you feel better.)
  • @lokibear89 We’ve been to Auckland (loved Tiritiri Matangi & Rangitoto!), Rotorua (mtn biking is the best there - hot spas aren’t bad either!), Cape Kidnappers, Wellington, Hobbiton (!!), the Waitomo caves, Queenstown and a tour of Doubtful sound. I seriously love NZ. I could legit be a spokesperson for how awesome it is to travel there! I really can’t gush about it enough, highly recommend going there to anyone!
  • @lillywonderland you definitely did the tour! I live on Waiheke which is one of the islands in the gulf. We only just did hobbiton a few months back, I was a serious nerd the whole time, like embarrassingly so.