Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin 10/29/18

Hi All,

I thought I'd give the post a try this week. I've also cleaned up the list a little! Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx.

Welcome @bbtobumpie:)

@autumnlvs - I'm going to wait to add you to the paging list, because it looks like you might not be T-TTC. :)

@Bababatty & @Worldtravler0522 - keeping fingers so crossed for you! Hoping you will graduate soon!

QOTW: If You Had Your Own Talk Show, Who Would Your First Three Guests Be?

2018 BFP Hall of Fame:
lablover78 dx: PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR Rx: IVF
Tops-2: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, Letrozole & TI
halfanewt: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: IVF
seethosestars: dx: DOR Rx: IVF + FET #1
Kim41313: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Femara + IUI
Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
honeybeebub: dx:septate uterus, MTHFR  Rx:  septum resection surgery, baby aspirin & progesterone
be08ryan:  dx: PCOS and AO Rx: Clomid
kiwielopingbride: Dx: Unexplained Rx: IUI
thothscribe81: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
BWhitta: dx: PCOS, low AMH and endo Rx: letrozole

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@BWhitta: dx: PCOS, low AMH and endo Rx: letrozole
@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: IVF
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:MFI. Rx: pending.
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33 dx: DOR, possible endo Rx: TBD
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday - dx:irregular cycles, low morph. Rx: Femara.
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current Rx plan?

Re: TTTC Checkin 10/29/18

• Options
    @emmasemm - amazing news!

@inthewoods23 - I find if I tell my clinic ahead of time that I may be travelling, they are ok to schedule if I call on CD2. FX for you that you can work something out.

@ChristenMA83 - hooray for CD1!

@mirabelle33 - AWESOME NEWS!!! So happy for you! Keeping fingers so crossed for your beta!

QOTW: I want to say something smart, but I'd likely just do Beyonce, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, because I'd want the ratings. ;) 
  • Options
    @funkykey - thanks for getting us started this week (I love the QOTW  :smiley:) Are you still scheduled for Nov 5th for your FET? Major good luck if it’s still on!!

@emmasemm - how did Friday go? Were you able to continue on with this cycle? Sending good vibes your way! 

@ChristenMA83 - good luck at your baseline tomorrow!! And, yeah, it sucks about getting BFNs; just getting the confirmation from others that it sucks is helpful in a weird kind of comradery way, so thanks! 

@mirabelle33 - thanks for the kind words! I am feeling better now and just busying my time with visiting friends and family and organizing the house while DH is away (distractions really lol). I’m impatient to get going with the second round of Letrozole, but trying to enjoy just the break (being able to have a glass of wine has been nice  ;)

Oh, I am so happy for you that you were able to proceed with both the retrieval and transfer this cycle. I know you were really nervous it wasn’t going to happen, so definitely this is a victory! And I hope it continues to be an even better victory with your “supermodel” embie!! Sending you a bunch of good vibes during this waiting period before Nov 6th! I hope the waiting doesn’t drive you nuts and you find some nice distractions in the mean time! 

AFM: nothing new here. DH is back in three weeks and AF should be around when he gets back, so two good things at once will be nice (yeah, I did just say that getting AF would be nice *eye roll*) 

QOTW: ohh, that’s a hard one. In the spirit of Halloween, maybe some horror icons like Stephen King. I’m a huge horror movie/TV/book nerd, so could totally talk their ears off lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited October 2018
    @funkykey FX with many sticky vibes for your upcoming FET! Will be following your journey on the Nov FET board. Thank you for thinking of me.
    @mirabelle33 small victories are what keep us moving fwd! how are you handling the TWW?

For any newcomers, I feel so silly for battling alone for the past few years when so many IF warriors have extended such a warm welcome so please come join us.
    Quick intro (more in spoiler below) I have hypothyroidism+endo, have gone through multiple failed IUIs and 1 IVF cycle. I'm also obsessed with supplements and acupuncture :smile: so feel free to ask about any of the above or anything else!
  • Options
    @funkykey some good news - based on my OPKs and BBT temping, it looks like I O'ed yesterday or possibly today. If my travel is in fact the week of the 5th, AF might be due that Thursday or possibly Friday so I shouldn't have a problem getting my blood work scheduled. If travel moves to the week of the 12th then I'm screwed regardless of when AF comes. However, the trip just requires someone from our group so I'm not specifically required to go so DH and I have agreed that if the trip moves to the 12th then I'll bow out.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 hmm, I've never heard of something like that. I just O'ed so is it even possible to delay AF at this point? As I said before, it's not required that I go, but at least 1 person from our group. I was just given the choice of yes or no first.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I kind of created the thread, did a quick post, and quit. 

@mirabelle33 - I'm still thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes your way. Hope the TWW isn't too agonizing!

@sincethelastday - I cannot handle horror at all! I would love to watch people nerd out on it, though - I'd find that a little more calming that reading Stephen King alone. 

Although, that being said, I do love me some true crime.

@autumnlvs - when is your second beta? 

@inthewoods23 - I'm sorry, I'm totally lost - I'm sure you've shared this and I've just lost it. Are you starting treatments this next cycle? Will you do an IUI + clomid? 

@ChristenMA83 - GREAT NEWS! 17 follies is awesome! When will you start stimming?

@Bababatty - thinking of you, sending you lots of love.

@Worldtravler0522 - thinking of you too, hope all is going well! xoxoxox

AFM: Looks like I'm going to transfer on Sunday. I can't quite believe it. I decided not to hope on the Nov FET board this month. I'm feeling a little more shy this time round- maybe I'm just going through the motions, or something.
  • Options
    @funkykey originally that's what I wanted to do, but my RE does a "what's next" appt after the blood work results come back which is for putting a treatment plan together. The RE said timing would be tight to have all that done before it's time to have an IUI done.

What's typical for the first cycle after blood work?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @funkykey Fingers crossed for a smooth transfer on Sunday!  I start HGH tomorrow morning and stims (Gonal-F & Menopur) on Saturday.  Retrieval will be Nov 14-16 depending on my response.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @funkykey ooooh I have everything crossed this time. And it’s fine to be less interactive some months compared to others. Do what feels good for you.

@christenma83 that sounds like a perfect number of follicles! 

@Worldtravler0522  @bababatty also thinking of you both 

@sincethelastday when you’re not in treatment you dread AF arriving, when you’re in and especially waiting to start you celebrate AF arriving! For me it also signals I’m still ovulating which is always a relief!

@autumnlvs I seem to have an ever increasing list of auto immune conditions - is your hypothyroidism caused by an auto immune issue? Especially if you have endo too this would make me suspicious... 

We just talked to the doctor and finally decided to cancel this IVF cycle.
    I just wish we’d done it a week ago... 
    We have one 20mm, a 14mm and a 6mm follicle. We need follicles over 24mm to get mature ones so no chance to get more than one as if the 14mm is ready then the 20mm will be fried...
    Will trigger to avoid an endless cycle, and of course we will give ourselves a chance naturally though chances are super low as I also had my annual thyroid testing today - and TSH is down to 0.16... it’s always been above 0.8 before which was low but stable. Now I need an appointment with my family doctor to get some meds ASAP... 

Biggest problem with my follicle development is the two blood and tissue filled sacks left over from last cycle. They have both stayed around 15mm and take up more than half of my left ovary... We’re hoping the trigger might “pop” them if not we might have to have them drained... and need to navigate the next cycle to avoid the annual lab closure... 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm hi! I am so sorry your cycle was cancelled - it's devastating to go through all those meds, all that hope, and find out things are not developing the way they should. I hope your sacks behave and go away without any further interventions - it's so painful to have to deal with all of that on top of everything. It's weird how all the fertility hormones mess with the thyroid as well, isn't it? Will continue to hope for you as I hear the drugs make you super fertile regardless of everything else.

I do think it's autoimmune based on family history. My prolactin was really high for a long time with borderline thyroid testing before my new RE started me on synthroid - they didn't test for antibodies though. Are you on an autoimmune diet (AIP)? I found this endo supplement protocol from a NY RE in combo with NAC cycling from the Italian trial really decreased pelvic pain tremendously.

@funkykey 2nd beta in the Oct FET spreadsheet :smile: FX and sticky vibes this week - lots of pineapple core, pom, avocados and warm foods/feet!

ChristenMA83 wishing you a peaceful cycle with lots of follies!

@
    inthewoods23 it may not be too tight but it's important to have a baseline and address any other issues (we started with a dx of MFI and then found about my endo/thyroid later). My RE does bloodwork on day3/4 (not open on the weekends) and starts clomid/femara day 4/5 for about 5 days. They'll continue to monitor your response with ultrasounds and blood tests and may start you on estrogen or progesterone. And then they'll schedule the IUI :smile: makes work/travel a little difficult but so worth it.
  • Options
    @sailorariel - ugh! I'm glad you are moving forward, but I hear you on the feeling disappointed, and just feeling like the year has been a waste.

I feel like that a bit about last year - between July 2017 and July 2018 (my birthday is in July), basically, we just waited. We did a round of IVF and then I had to wait for surgery (until October), and then we had a failed transfer and then they were closed at Christmas, then 2 more failed transfers and an ERA, etc... Long story short, come July 2018, I kept thinking about all the time, money and energy I'd poured in to having a baby, and I had nothing to show for it - just a pile of receipts, interest charges on our credit card, and a much lower AMH. I actually cried all morning on my birthday. DH tried to be like: "Happy Birthday, Honey!" and I choked out (through my sobs) "I'm 34, in debt, childless, and we don't even have a dishwasher."

Anyway, you are not alone with thinking about the impending birthday and being like: "WTF. IF sucks, I can't even believe I've been at this so long." Sending you lots of love & hoping for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!
  • Options
    @funkykey - I’m a big true crime fan as well, so definitely know where you’re coming from lol. Gosh, I must sound so morbid with my viewing choices  :wink: Will be thinking of you on Sunday for your transfer and major FX that this is your cycle!! 

@ChristenMA83 - hope you respond well to the stims and that this cycle goes off without a hitch! FX!! 

@Bababatty and @Worldtravler0522 - thinking of you both! Hope things are continuing to progress nicely!! 

@mirabelle33 - how are you doing with the TWW? Sending you a bunch of good vibes! 

@emmasemm - sorry to hear about the sacks that haven’t gone away and having to cancel your IVF cycle - I can’t imagine how disappointing that all is! Hope you don’t have to go through draining the sacks and they just naturally go away! 

@inthewoods23 - hope everything works out with your travel plans and cycle so that everything lines up well! 

@sailorariel - ugh, sorry that you have to go through another surgery! And right around Christmas no less! Although I can’t relate to the surgery part, I feel like I can totally relate to the feeling of wasting a year waiting for tests and for things to just get going. I think I’ve mentioned before that it took me a year after asking my doctor for a RE referral before I was actually seen. And then almost another half a year before I finally started a treatment. The waiting just absolutely sucks!! I hate how since ttc each year has felt like it’s been defined by our failure to conceive regardless of other things that DH and I have accomplished (eg: buying a house, getting a dog). I realize how precious time is since starting ttc. There’s a chance that DH and I would be going away for a year for his work and I’ve had some friends ask why we wouldn’t just wait now until after that year to continue ttc. And I just want to tell them that they don’t understand, that once I boarded this crazy train there’s no getting off until I have a baby. I couldn’t bear waiting/wasting more time. So, yeah, I’m really sorry to hear that you feel that way, but like @funkykey said, you are not alone feeling that way. I think it’s another annoying “symptom” of IF. Hope you make a very smooth and quick recovery and that you find some peace and distraction during all this waiting!
  • Options
    @sincethelastdayI'm happy to report that I will not be traveling next week for work so there's nothing to complicate scheduling my blood work. Can't wait to get back with the RE and put a plan together  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @sailorariel I totally feel you on wasting a year.  We switched to this clinic in November 2017, so starting our second IVF cycle almost exactly a year later feels like groundhog day.  We've done a lot over the last 12 months but we're right back where we started.

@inthewoods23 yay! for a canceled work trip, that's a relief.

@worldtravler0522 I am so over the moon happy for you!!!  Please keep us updated on your progress.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Thank you @funkykey for getting us started this week and for doing some admin duties ;) My info can be updated to the following: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
    @sincethelastday @autumnlvs @funkykey @ChristenMA83 thank you all for your good thoughts! The TWW after IVF is definitely a little more intense than I was prepared for, but I'm hanging on for now. I'm looking forward to a busy weekend to keep us distracted ...
    @autumnlvs I hope your second beta went well! I didn't check the spreadsheet, but I'm assuming that it did :) I'm also a big fan of acupuncture and supplements. May I ask which ones you took?
    @ChristenMA83 Sounds like you're off to a great start! Fx it continues to be smooth sailing and you get lots of healthy, mature eggs at your retrieval!
    @funkykey Ah, Sunday is soon! I just can't help it, I'm getting so excited for you! Though I completely understand you being shy about participating on those other boards. I had thought about joining one as well, but then I chickened out and I don't feel bad about it at all. Do what's best for you this time around <3
    @emmasemm I'm sorry this cycle ended up being cancelled and that you're having issues with both your thyroid and leftover sacks on your ovaries. I hope you can get the former cleared up with medication ASAP and that the latter resolves on its own. I continue to think about you and I'm glad to have you back in the thread :)
    @sailorariel So sorry you have to spend your holidays prepping for surgery. I hope it will go perfectly and that once you are ready to start trying again, you will have success very quickly! Did you get YH's SA results back?
    @Worldtravler0522 I love your update!! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat and good for you for choosing not to worry about the SCH! You'll be in my thoughts on the 9th and I hope so hard that you will come back and graduate yourself!
    AFM, just riding the TWW roller coaster! I had a really down day yesterday, but I'm feeling kind of zen at the moment so I'm just going to go with it for however long it lasts.
    I do have a question for those of you that have gone through lengthy treatment periods: have you experienced any changes in your hair or hair loss? I feel so shallow and superficial that this is bothering me so much, but my hair is a total disaster at the moment and I cry every time I wash it now. My hair hasn't really been "normal" since we moved to our current city almost exactly two years ago and I always thought it was the water, which is full of limestone. But it has changed even more dramatically since this summer when I started taking the DHEA. I know that hair loss is a symptom and I noticed that I was shedding more hair in the shower almost immediately, but it wasn't until I was almost finished with the three months that I noticed how thinned out it had gotten. It's also a different texture and is sometimes even curly! I've always had stick straight hair that never even took curls very well. Plus the hair loss hasn't really let up even though I stopped the hormone about 6 weeks ago. So now I'm starting to wonder if it's from all the hormone treatments we've done in the past year. If you include the 3 months on DHEA, there was only about 2.5 months that I was not doing any treatment in the past year. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if it stopped once the hormone treatment ended?
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(
  • Options
    @Bababatty Ah! We must have been preparing posts at the same time! I am SO thrilled for you to hear the heartbeat and to be feeling more optimistic! I have everything crossed that this is your (first) THB <3 Also, it's the coolest thing that you and @Worldtravler0522 are due date twins!! I can't wait for your next appt and another graduate announcement!!!
    TTC since February 2017
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    8 natural cycles = BFN
  • Options
    @Bababatty and @Worldtravler0522 - WOOT WOOT!! So happy that things are continuing to go well for you both - how incredibly exciting and surreal to hear the heartbeats of your little ones! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! 
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone!  I go back and forth between being completely thrilled and utterly terrified.  I may start seeing my therapist again to help me work through the anxiety I’m trying to fight against.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @Worldtravler0522 @Bababatty Congratulations on hearing the heartbeats!!! So happy to hear updates - about a week behind you and it's so amazing and inspiring to hear about your journeys <3

@sailorariel FX for cancellations and an earlier surgery! Wishing you a peaceful and pain-free month to get that ball rolling. My RE also put me on birth control prior to my third endo surgery and it was literally the best cycle ever (and made me wonder why I had never tried OCPs prior to TTC). Also, if it helps, this age thing is a total myth based off one statistical analysis done on French women over 300 years ago. Let's debunk those myths and stay positive!

@inthewoods23 yay! glad your work trip got cancelled!

@ChristenMA83 when is your next ultrasound?

@mirabelle33 update in the spoiler below :smile: supplements wise, lets see: prior to IVF/FET, was taking
    CoQ10 - egg quality
    - myoinositol - good for PCOS/insulin resistance/autoimmune
    - triple bee complex, pycnogenol, resveratrol, curcumin, NAC, GNC fish oil - endo specific with some intermittent melatonin (I'm a - shift worker though so didn't use too frequently)
    - probiotics
    - Conception prenatal, Vitamin C
    In hindsight, it's probably way too much but when there's so little we can control... I was spiraling after 3 years and endo symptoms were getting worse from all the medicated cycles so having a little relief from pain went a long way.
    Also had hair loss and a change in texture but didn't even connect it to meds - just thought it was increased stress! Maybe some good hairmasks / scalp oils will help make it feel better as your body recovers and help with the TWW? Rock the curls - they add volume :smile:

Updates *TW*
    Second beta doubled! First US measuring 5w5d!

• Options
    ChristenMA83ChristenMA83 member
    edited November 2018
    @autumnlvs I have bloodwork Monday, but my next ultrasound isn't until Wednesday.  At that point in my first IVF we reduced my Gonal-F based on response, so I'll be interested to see if that happens again.

@mirabelle33 I noticed yesterday morning my hair loss was a TON in the shower.  I've always lost hair though because it's super thick, curly and dry - but now that you mention it, it is more sever during treatment.

Yesterday was rough for me.  I don't know if I'm just sad or the hormones are amplifying it.  *TW* we have two men on my work team that are expecting their wives to deliver within two weeks of my original due date.  The closer we get to December the more and more it comes up in staff meetings.  I'm to the point where I'm almost constantly on the verge of tears - which is a big deal for me since I'm generally one of the least emotional people I know.  Only two people (my boss & HR) know about the loss and treatment so I can't really ask them not to talk about this super exciting thing in their lives.  I'm a bit at a loss on how to deal with this for the next 2 months.  As we approach the due date, the loss is nearly always at the front of my thoughts and the fact that no one remembers or knew in the first place is excruciating.  Like even in my personal life there's no one that *gets* it...maybe that's my fault because I tend to hide my feelings, but I don't like to make people uncomfortable.  *end TW* Sorry for the pity party, but not sure where else to vent at this point.  

December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 would def blame the hormones (because we're rational people :smile:) I am so sorry that things are so difficult at work. IF is already difficult enough to understand for people that have it but for people that don't... well they just don't get it. We are here to listen and support you - vent all you want, I promise someone on this board has been through something similar and even if none of us have, we still get it and we want you to talk about it. I kept so much inside for so long - I can't tell you how much it helped to read other people's stories on this forum, which is why I'm trying to be open, maybe even oversharing, even when it's so hard. I'm so glad you shared. Give yourself time to grieve. I found excuses to step out or be late to things when it got to be too overwhelming.

• Options
    @autumnlvs congrats!! I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from here on out!
    Thank you for sharing your list of supplements. I've tried some of those, but not all. Did you continue to take anything during your IVF cycle? My RE asked me to stop everything except for folic acid when I started my first IVF cycle last month. Unfortunately, my endo wasn't confirmed until my IVF baseline ultrasound when she saw that the small (12mm) endometrioma that I had back in May had grown to about 45mm! Thankfully, about 6-7 weeks prior I had started a bunch of supplements and made some endo-friendly diet changes. I've continued the diet, but if this round fails, I definitely want to do a month of supplements before starting again. Which ones would you say are the most essential, especially for endo? Thanks :)
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry you're having to go through that at work. I'm sure the hormones are playing a role, but I also think it's perfectly normal to be feeling more emotional and sad as you're approaching your original due date. Allow yourself to have those feelings and grieve in your own way if you need to. Have you talked to YH about it? Maybe the two of you can come up with a way to mark the occasion that is meaningful to the two of you. *TW There was a thread on the TTGP board in October devoted to Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month where many women shared their personal ways of honoring their losses. It was very moving and if you feel up to reading it, maybe you could get some ideas for ways to recognize the baby that you lost. End TW* I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I just hate to think of you suffering in silence at work and maybe doing something positive about it at home could give you some comfort in those moments when you can't escape your co-workers <3

TTC since February 2017
    8 natural cycles = BFN
  • Options
    @Bababatty - GREAT NEWS!!!! I have more to say, but just quickly: I will be thinking of you these next couple of weeks. xo I wouldn't want to graduate from my clinic either, if I'd been through what you'd been through.

@mirabelle33 - OK - I will update you for next week.

Also, re: hair loss, UGH. I'm so sorry!!! I've seen that happen to other women on these boards. They'll be dealing with the aftermath of an IVF cycle and half their hair starts falling out, and I always think: "F*ck, as if IF isn't hard enough already." I would cry every time I washed it too. I can't remember who said they had problems/if they've graduated, but if I see them, I will ping them about the hair loss and ask if it resolved for them.

A woman I've followed on youtube, after her IVF, she developed patches on her face - I think melasma. It's not so bad now, a year later (and she might have been in treatment), but it looked pretty rough. I haven't had noticeable hair loss or melasma (knock on wood), but I have had like 3-4 yeast infections plus BV (thanks to changes in my cervical mucus from treatments) plus WAY WORSE skin (think: constellations of zits). I hate IF so much.

Also, thinking of you - how are you doing with the TWW?

@ChristenMA83 - ugh, I'm so sorry. That sucks re: work. I've had moments like that too, just around feeling like no one *gets* it. I sometimes feel so isolated. I mean, with my close friends, I've been pretty open - but they really have no idea how shitty and hard it is.

For example, I have one friend who (when I see her) says things like: "whatever you need, I'm there! Just call me!" and then she gets busy with her own baby and her own work and disappears and if I text her like: "Hey, what's up?" I won't hear back for like 2 weeks. (This is when I was stimming). I sometimes catch myself thinking: "Maybe one day she will go through something shitty and uncertain like this, and she'll reach out to me, and I'll be too busy with my beautiful, happy family to respond for 3 weeks." 

I feel like, a lot of my close friends, like, they "know" it would be hard. But they have no idea what it feels like to live with this day-in, day-out for years, what it feels like to carry that weight while actively going through treatments. So they can't really be that supportive, because they just don't get it, you know?

So, all that being said, I do have a bit of a coping strategy for dealing with other people's babies. Basically, I just ask myself if I'd want that baby. And the answer is, almost always: "No". So, in your situation: Would you want to have a baby with either of those two men? 

For me this works because, chances are, I don't like my colleagues enough to want their babies. I want my own baby, you know? 

Anyway, thinking of you - this sucks! - but hoping maybe that might help you get through some meetings over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @mirabelle33 hi! I'm sorry I missed your last post. FX for your beta today! :smile:
    During IVF, I continued the Conception prenatals, triple bee complex, myoinositol, fish oil, CoQ10, probiotics (my RE told me to keep taking them). I've read mixed reviews with melatonin - that being said, if I couldn't sleep, I'd take it. I mention the Conception prenatals because both folate and cobalamin are methylated and there's 4000 iU Vitamin D. There have been a few studies on infertility linked to low levels of those vitamins but take it with a grain of salt.
    I stopped the pycnogenol, resveratrol, curcumin as I couldn't find much literature supporting use in IVF/pregnancy.
    After FET, I stopped melatonin completely and I also stopped taking high dose NAC 3days/week and started taking 600mg at night along with 1g Vitamin C (don't want too high a dose but just enough to support immune function). My RE is amused but supports my crazy.