December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in • 10.23

1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointment updates?

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?

4) GTKY: What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in • 10.23

• Ooooh yey - a check-in! I kind of miss these, actually..

34+3

Get to see baby girl on an ultrasound this Thursday - can't wait!

I stepped on the scale today and for the first time in 6 months gained only 0.2kg in a week! That's so small that it could easily be just water weight since I worked out the day before. I am really hoping that it means the third trimester plateau has hit..

Early childhood - Simplicity
    Pre-teen - Confusion
    Late Teen - Augmentation
    Twenties - "Adulting"

• 1) How far along are you?
    31+2

Hospital tour tomorrow, endocrinologist appointment Friday, OB appointment Monday (TDAP shot and first of 2 week appointments).

Last appointment I gained 9lbs in 4 weeks, fortunately I haven't gained much since. Hopefully it stays that way because 9 lbs was way too much last time. 

I'm so exhausted. All the time. All I want is sleep.  And I'm sore and feel like I'm going to explode. Wah!

Interesting one.

I am the center of it all
    I want to disappear into the shadows 
    Who even am I?
    I guess this is who I am?
    Wait, I'm an adult now?
    Ummm, I'm going to be a parent!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • @scaredunprepared Solidarity, sister. The only thing good about the third tri is that we are almost there ;)

• 1) How far along are you?

33+5

No appointments this week.  I have my 34 week on Monday and my husband is coming.  He hasn't been to the last several since they seemed mostly routine and he has work.  The last one was a little intense for me since I had a high bp reading and had to have a growth ultrasound due to unchanged fundal height.  It'll be good to have him at the next one since I'm nervous about bp, blood sugar, and growth.

Being pregnant is getting stressful.  I'm ready to be done.

Hmm good, but tough one.  I'm going to be literal.

Play Time
    High School Blues
    I Love College
    I Hate College
    Teach for America Disaster
    A Year in Seoul
    Maybe I Should Be a Librarian
    Nah, PhD Adventure

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ab_canada “Third trimester plateau” eh? I just learned that a friend put on 30lbs in the third tri alone :open_mouth:
    @scaredunprepared So many appointments!
    @kadeephd I like your chapters.

33+1

Had a good routine visit & bonus ultrasound yesterday! Kid is still head down, and his little FHR is a metronome - always 140. I had a little glucose in my urine again and wondering if I should change my entire diet for the remainder of pregnancy, or just change my breakfast. What's silly though is that I only eat breakfast in the morning of appointments, most days I have breakfast at lunchtime because I don't have a morning appetite. Meh!

Dear Diary, yesterday I searched JCPenney for some pants, and was happy/sad. I found a pair of men's pants that I really liked, but the in-store sale didn't cover them and I refused to pay $50 for them. I looked online that night and the same pants are $30. If they were $30 in-store I would have bought two pairs! I did buy one pair of women's athleisure leggings though. PS - Women's pants have been super pissing me off lately - largely because 99% of casual pants are skintight and don't have pockets (or the pockets are stupid tiny). I'm totally moving to men's pants after this baby - for the pockets and actual straight leg cuts.

Let's go with

Childhood - Erin?
    Adolescence - Coast to Coast
    Early 20s - The Starter Husband
    Later 20s - Reset
    Early 30s - The Significantly Better Husband
    Later 30s - Diapers & Beer

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Yeah I hear very conflicting reports - I think it's either you stop gaining, or you gain a lot. It might depend on when you gained a bunch of the water weight - maybe for some people it's more in the second tri, and for some in the third.

• @echo-charlietango how fun you got a surprise look at baby!  Glad he's still in a good position.  Hopefully the glucose in your urine isn't anything concerning. 
  • @scaredunprepared I think I’m more concerned than my OB :lol: (Not saying that he’s uncaring, but that I’m just being a part-time hypochondriac.)

Next appointment I’ll just fast, because it’s rare that I eat before 11am on non-appointment days. Maybe have a piece of toast if DH starts buggin’

Anniversary
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited October 2018
    @echo-charlietango I asked my ob about glucose in my urine and she said "I don't care if there is glucose in your urine."  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @echo-charlietango and @kadeephd my doc hasn't mentioned anything about ANY  of my countless urine tests, so there may well have been glucose in mine and I just don't know about it.  I guess it's not even worth thinking about if they don't mention it, right?
  • @scaredunprepared I totally wouldn't worry about it if they haven't said anything! I asked about it after the first visit - I am a very nosey lady and want to know what data is pulled from my pee - so as a result my OB always tells me if protein or glucose are high or normal.

Anniversary