Trying to Get Pregnant

IF treatment and testing week of 10/22

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: what was your favorite childhood toy? 

Re: IF treatment and testing week of 10/22

• Diagnosis (if you've been): LP defect and unexplained I suppose.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO. Only CD3

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IUI #3. Unsure if we'll change protocol this time.

How are things going?: Good. AF finally arrived after 6 days of spotting. I go to the RE tomorrow for an ovary scan and so..... the journey continues.

Any questions?: Has anyone had experience with extended cycles or spotting for many days after IUI cycles?

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood toy? Oh my.. a lot! 
  • Loading the player...
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited October 2018
    @crookshanks10 Are you using prescription progesterone  post IUI?  
  • @jrm_14 No, I have never used progesterone supplements. They talked about them last time but I’m thinking they may put me on it this time just in case. I had a test done this cycle and it was at 21
  • @jrm_14 I am so sorry for your current feelings of anxiety and depression. I sincerely hope the gym will help this evening. What do you normally do at the gym?
    @crookshanks10 I'm sorry for the IUI not working out this time. Hopefully your RE can give you some answers about the spotting. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): N/A currently 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): between WTO/TWW. I think O is today

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): "Day 21" testing and CD3 testing.

How are things going?: I've decorated my house for the fall, and that has helped me focus on other things. I also refinished the remaining furniture in our garage, so I left the weekend with a feeling of accomplishment. 

Any questions?: I've been knee deep in reading about the various tests I have coming up. I'm concerned about the timing of my Progesterone testing. I was planning on going in 7 DPO for my testing, until I found literature that says Day 21 progesterone testing is done because it is a week prior to AF. If that is the case, my 9 (sometimes 10) day LP would put me at testing 2-3 DPO...  

I think I should still stick to 7 DPO, because if I only have a 9 day LP, the progesterone levels will point out this issue, right? (assuming at 7 DPO the levels will be lower than normal). 

GTKY: what was your favorite childhood toy? I was (and maybe still am?) 100% a barbie girl 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @jrm_14 I too struggle with anxiety/depression. Props to you for getting back into the gym! I need to too. 
    @chichiphin Thank you. I'll be interested to see what they have to say tomorrow. YAY for getting some household things completed! 
    @kobrien827 Thank you. I'll be interested to see if they change anything. It seems like I respond to the medicine. The first cycle I had 2 follicles and this past one I had 1. I know that I ovulate. I feel like my DHs sample could be better, but it's always been above their threshold for IUI. :( At this point, I'm just ready to move on to IVF, even if it is so much money. I'm glad you've told your family! I think we will have to as well if we go to IVF. 
  • @Avrilmai I'm going to ask tomorrow if this is their experience, that those who are doing IUI have spotting/extended cycles. I'm definitely going to ask about being put on progesterone. I think they'll want to anyway. Best of luck to you tomorrow during your ER!! So exciting (: 
    @nomangos23 I hope your upcoming tests yield good results! 
  • @kobrien827 that is wonderful that everyone is so supportive. Good luck with telling your boss and I hope they are just as supportive of you. 
    @Avrilmai I'm glad your office was able to help out with the meds for ER tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow!
    @nomangos23 I'm so happy that you are feeling better about the MRI/testing protocol. I have you in my thoughts. AFM - I'm not on anything right now during my LP. As for spotting, my last two AFs were only made up of spotting and prior to that, very light. I feel like I haven't had a "real" AF since I was on bc pills honestly. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @Avrilmai Good luck tomorrow!!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Diagnosis (if you've been): I had my first fertility appointment on Thursday (it was the 21st day of my cycle) so I had some blood work done and then my period came a week early so I had blood work done today (the third day). I don't have results from today's visit but last weeks visit I had a level of 7 progesterone when it should be at a 10, but I did ovulate. 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Waiting to here back from my doctor for the second part of the results.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I ordered Emerita Pro-Fest Cream to try and increase my levels of progesterone. I'm also waiting to here back from the doctor to see if she's going to have me keep trying naturally or if she will prescribe Chlomid?

How are things going?: I'm trying not to stress, but it's difficult. I'm confused on why I got my period a week early (that never happens) and its much lighter than normal. 

Any questions?: Has anyone had this happen to them? Are level 7 progesterone levels low enough not to get pregnant? Also has anyone had the Mirena and had this happen to them (it's been 6 months)?

GTKY: what was your favorite childhood toy? Horse stuffed animal 
  • @nitnat007 I'm so glad YH is home and will be for a while, especially during this time for you. Is he mil? (speculating bc of the chunks of time he is home/away)
    @Sparty18 I keep thinking about you this cycle, and I am SS for you today. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @nitnat007 Thank you! This cycle was really frustrating for sure! What kind of nasal spray are you having to do?? 
    @Sparty18 Thank you friend! I have my fx for you!
    @wifey_furmom Was it a period and not just spotting? that it weird. Maybe your cycles are still trying to get panned out? I definitely understand your frustrations! 
  • @wifey_furmom we are in similar situations. very early AF, and it is just spotting. I am also on cycle 6 post-IUD. Unfortunately I have no answers for you on progesterone, as I am getting that blood work done in a week. I'll keep you posted though since we seem to be experiencing something similar. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @nitnat007 @Sparty18 No date set yet, they have to pre-approve with insurance so there's no telling how long that will take. I'm hoping I can get it done ASAP

@Sparty18 I've been watching for your update. I'm got my FX for you! 
  • Hey all, new to this particular thread.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 1% morph, otherwise unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): this cycle is our last time naturally trying to conceive so I'm doing the usual BBT, OPKs, TI. My next AF I'll be scheduling all my blood work and an US. Hopefully that will give us a good picture of where the issue may lie.

How are things going?: good. I definitely choked up between the RE leaving and the financial advisor coming in to the conference room during out appt. I was asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding so that has been a good mood booster!

Any questions?: I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression over the last few months, and really the whole year. What's something you like to do to bring your spirits up? I feel like yoga would be a great place to start, but it's hard to motivate myself to start a routine.

GTKY: what was your favorite childhood toy? Oh man... So many great toys in the 90s. Loved Lite Brite (or Light Bright?). Also my tomagotchi was well used. And of course the Skip-It!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @emmasemm Thankfully this has been the first cycle like this! I hope it’s the only one too, lol. I’m interested to meet with my RE tomorrow and see what they have to say! 
  • makuahinemakuahine member
    edited October 2018
    @crookshanks10 I would say that it is more of a light period, not just spotting. My periods have been regular pretty much since my IUD has been out for 7 months. For some reason this time around it was a week early. Also I lurked and saw you weren't on progesterone, I just order the cream by Kajarin, I really hope it helps, I'll let you know if my levels go up. 
  • @emmasemm I thought my progesterone levels were low but the nurse said it was normal (towards the low side) the doctors like to see it around 10. She said the doctor would call me with my next set of results and then would recommend either continuing trying and get more blood work,  go on a progestrone cream or chlomid. But I figured I would be proactive and ordered a progesterone cream by Kajarin. Have you heard of it?

• @InTheWoods15 I'm on the same anxiety stress boat as you. I'm literally stressed all month long from trying to figure out if I'm ovulating to the stabbing feeling I get when my period comes. I'm a mixture of emotion of anger, frustration and defeat. I did some research and many people recommend yoga and meditation. So I just designed one of spare rooms into a meditation/yoga room. I have a mat, meditation cushions, essential oils, insense, indoor water fall, crystals....and more. Maybe I'm going a little overboard but anything to help make this process a little easier and less stressful. I ordered a lot of books to help guide me with self meditation. If you need motivation, sign up at your local gym a lot of places offer yoga classes, this way you can meet people and be more inclined to go. 
    edited October 2018
    @chichiphin It helps to know that I'm not in this alone. I hope your testing goes smoothly, good luck! Also my doctor said to get my progesterone test on day 21 but that is because I have a pretty regular 28 day cycle. Although for some reason this month was a week early, so I had to get my day 3 blood work done today. Did I mention I have a needle phobia?  :# 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been):  Lupus 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TTA until I hear back on blood work.  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Waiting to hear back. I called my doctors today, and it's back, but the doctor was in with a patient. The receptionist was going to try to have him review and call me back. He didn't.  Assuming that means nothing dire, but I want more information. 

How are things going?:  My cycles have been super wonky for the past few years - stretching out up to 4 months. I just had AF week before last and I think it is starting up again. So frustrating, not knowing what to expect. 

Any questions?:  

GTKY: what was your favorite childhood toy?  My little tykes vanity! The pink plastic one

• @jrm_14 I am so sorry you are going through all of this :( My heart hurts for you

@crookshanks10 I’m glad AF finally showed up, one more step forward right? 

@chichiphin We decorated the outside of our house too.  With three cats and a dog, inside decorations don't last long before *somebody* knocks them over. I am so jealous of people who have seasonal decor throughout!

@kobrien827  I am glad things went well with your immediate family! 

@Avrilmai Good Luck!

@nomangos23 @wifey_furmom @inthewoods23 Welcome.  I'm sorry you find yourselves here though. FX it's a short stay, and either way, that we all find the support we need. I'm pretty new to here too. 

@nitnat007  That doesn't sound fun - I hate having headaches. I hope you are giving yourself some care with it. Icecream always helps headaches for me. 

@Sparty18 I forgot about my little pony. I loved my my little ponies...

@emmasemm Well... "saved" is better than... actually spent? 

@beachbunnyxo123 I love that you brought your stuffy to Spain <3 

@purplg8r I am the exact opposite with needles! I have occasional injections I have to do and I am SUCH a wuss about them. They are even in a trigger injector so all I have to do it push... nope. Huge wimp factor. Other people can stick needles in me all day long no problem. 

• @nitnat007 Enjoy that quality time with your man girrrrrl <3 What's next after the nasal spray? You've told me this but it escapes my memory. 

@jrm_14
    So sorry friend. I can imagine that your heart feels extra wounded now. I hope that this resolves too so that you won't have to go through the repeat horror of the last procedure. Please be kind to yourself and play with a Barbie if that comforts you. Hugs <3 

@Avrilmai Good luck tomorrow. Hoping for the best quality and results you've ever had. 

@emmasemm One less encounter with the vag wand is always a good time. Please let us know what happens on Wednesday. 

@crookshanks10 Sorry friend. Hugs <3 

@lulu1180 How have you been doing? I hope you are feeling better lately. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @purplg8r I’ve had three and the first two were super painful the third I barely felt at all. My nurse said that was a good sign since it meant the infection/inflammation was gone. It’s definitely uncomfortable but manageable. They will probably tell you to take some Tylenol before you go. It’s like a pulling clipping kind of feeling. It’s quick, about 30 seconds once they get the cath in. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I hope your doctor gets back to you today’ the waiting is the worst. Keep us posted!
    edited October 2018
    @purplg8r I'm not tracking this month. My gyno said to try every other day and not worry about testing. She said all my tests came back fine so it's just a waiting game.
  • @Sparty18 I am really curious to see how things go with your new RE next week. But still hoping that you wont need to even have that appointment. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 

@chichiphin Yes, MH is navy. Makes for a lot of travel. Fortunately he has just been posted to shore, but he is an instructor. Shorter trips, just more of them. Always makes for happy times when he comes home though. 

@nomangos23 FX that you get approval really quickly and can get it taken care of. I had to wait several months for my MRI here in Canada. 

@inthewoods23 Sorry that you find yourself here, but welcome! We also have low morph along with an Acrosome defect. It can all be extremely overwhelming, hearing all the news at once, trying to figure out your next move. Some of the best advice some of the ladies gave me here, just take it one step at a time. Try not think too far down the road. We are here to help with any questions along the way. 

@emmasemm That is great that you are able to skip that day 4 baseline appointment and save a little. Even though like you said, it is like justifying buying something while on sale. Small victories though. Thanks for sharing that tip. I am still very stressed about the needles. I wont be able to look at all. 

@purplg8r I go in Nov 1st for baseline B/W and U/S and get my meds. Headaches seem to be getting better though. Yay! That is great that you were able to time that scratch for Friday and not hold anything up any further. Hope it is quick and painless!

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I totally treated myself to a chocolate cupcake last night. But paid for it later since it was not gluten free. Totally worth it though! Hope that you hear back from your doctor soon so you can start working on a plan of action. So much waiting with IF. 

@suzycupcake How are you doing friend? I am on the nasal spray until Nov 1st, then go in for B/W and U/S and start stims likely that day. 
    edited October 2018
    @lulu1180 I was just giving advice for people who are starting out trying too (this group is not only for people who are having difficulty getting pregnant). Stress can be a huge factor of not being able to get pregnant, it's just medical advice I was given.