December 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check in 10/17

I figured I'd just go ahead and start all our threads this morning. lol

Nails:

Fails: 

Questions:

GTKY: ... Any one have any question ideas?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
BFP: 4/20/2018
EDD: 12/29/2018

Re: STM+ Check in 10/17

• Options
    Nails: We have successfully gotten rid of the binky! I’m impressed at how fast she got used to not having it. We only had two bad naps and one bad night before she started sleeping through. 

Fails: Regarding the binky,  she had one of the ones that has the stuffed animal on the end so to ease the transition we took off the binky and sewed up his mouth Frankenstein style. Now she chews on his face and legs instead of having the binky. Hopefully this is ok? I’m hoping she will stop doing it soon. Also, I still have not gotten her a Halloween costume and I have no idea what to get!

Questions:

GTKY: ... Any one have any question ideas?
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @rosebud332 That's great the transition went so well!! It went equally as well with DS when we took his away. He's been without it over a year now and any time see pictures of his fellow birth monthers I feel like it's so weird some of them still have a pacifier.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Nails: Not really a nail for me, but a nail for DS. He's not really good with utensils yet (and I feel like he should be), he usually gets impatient and just uses his hands. Last night I gave him chili for dinner and he did a pretty good job eating it with his spoon. He's also been doing pretty good with potty training, I just keep wondering when the accidents will stop. He had a small pee accident on Saturday, which I think was my fault because I forgot to take him potty when we got home and he just went an hour+ without going. Then he had a small one yesterday, which I think was a small leak when he threw a fit because he was done with his chili but kept trying to eat literally nothing.

Fails: I guess his two accidents were fails of mine. I think that's all I've got as far as fails go.

Questions: Hmmm... I don't think I really have any questions this week either.

What are everyone's weekend plans?

• Options

@clbness I don't consider the potty training thing a fail at this age. She is still young. I think the normal is around age three, if I'm not mistaken. She may show more interest at daycare because all her little friends are using the potty. :) If they can get her to start training there, I'd encourage it!

Sounds like a fun weekend. :) We are going to a pumpkin patch too. We are picking apples as well and then Sunday we were invited to DSs first birthday party of a kid at daycare. I forgot to RSVP though. Oops. I'm still trying to decide if I want to take him. I know I should, but I don't know these people and ehhh.

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie Thanks for the reassurance!  I feel like DH is putting too much pressure on her because he wants it to happen before baby J comes along and I had to flat out tell him, "not happening, bro...get over it."  Yours sounds fun too!  I need to find an orchard nearby because B is obsessed with apples...she'd have fun picking them!  I don't blame you on being iffy about going to the party.  I'm sure you'd feel more comfy going if he had been going to daycare for a year or so, but he just started.  Never know though, you might make a new friend or 2!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @rosebud332 I’m glad it has gone smoothly!
    @clbness almost 5 years old?!?!?  personally, I cannot stand to see a child take the pacifier out of the mouth in order to speak. I feel like if your kid can speak in full sentences, then they need to be done with the paci, but if they are happy to pay the dental bills, then I guess that’s on them!
    @AdorkablePixie  I would feel kind of awkward about the party, too. Hopefully, you have fun, though, if you go!

Nails:  so far, this week, I have made three dozen muffins, three batches of white chicken chili, and two meatloafs.  I am hoping that I can keep this pace up, so our freezer is well-stocked by December. 

Fails:  After three months in a twin bed, DS figured out how to climb out. For some reason, instead of climbing over the rail, he lifted it enough to squeeze under it. So, now he has a big mark on his back. I am hoping that if we bribe him with a sticker for his sticker chart, he will stay in bed for a nap today.

• Options
    @katy0990 Dang, look at you go...I could use a little bit of your kitchen productivity!  Yeah, the paci thing was a little annoying.  She'd try to talk to me with it in her mouth and I'd tell her, "Sweetie, I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to have that in your mouth at night.  It's not night time and I can't understand you with it in your mouth.  Please take it out, or Auntie can't (read: won't) talk to you."  I try not to judge, but there are so many WTF's with my brother and SIL's parenting, I could own the bitchfest thread.  :#

• Options
    @rosebud332 yay for a smooth transition to no paci!! 

Nails: poor DS has maybe 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 sweaters that fit, so when I got an email from Children's Place saying an extra 75-80% off clearance I got on, used my $5 rewards I had, and got 5 more long sleeve shirts for $24 after tax! And free shipping! The weather just turned from hot to cold so quickly, we weren't well prepared lol, so the nail is my child can stay warm now.

Fails: ugh this week DS has been really bratty. If we say no to something, or suggest watching a different show besides PJ Masks, or tell him we don't have a certain snack, he gets this really weird, whiney cry going and stomps his feet and just throws a full on tantrum. It's horrible. I'm not sure why he does this, but I want it to stop. Crying is fine, if my child is upset I won't tell him he can't cry, but not this weird thing he does now. 

GTKY: going to a meet up with 4 other moms from my March BMB!! I'm so excited for a last weekend away before baby!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Enjoy your trip!
  • Options

@katy0990 Can you  make some stuff and send it to me? I'll pay. :D:D

@CecilB93 That sounds like a fun weekend!! I love when kids clothing places have sales. It can end badly though. haha

@clbness Yeah, I definitely wouldn't rush her. I feel like that could cause problems. It sounds like she's about ready. :) I am hoping to make an apple pie after apple picking. I've never made one before.

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie haha yes it can!! Luckily the clearance for 2T winter clothes was pretty limited so I couldn't go too crazy!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Now I'm going to go check their website for clearance items.  :#  Have a great time at your meet up!

@AdorkablePixie Yeah, I know that rushing/pressuring can end badly, so that's why I'm being patient about it.  DH is like his Dad and gets worked up about things easily...he's starting to back off though, thank goodness.  Mmm, you need to AW a pic of your pie afterwards.  :p

• Options
    katy0990 Where do you live again? Can I pay you to stock our freezer? :D 
    Mom, aunts & ILs did feed us tons last time but dayum, we could do with some freezer stocking! 

Fail: This whole week has felt like a giant fail and this will get too long, sorry. DD and I were both a bit sickly last weekend.  After eating hardly any of her breakfast Monday morning, she threw up on me and I still went into work. :#  She stayed home from school with DH (who is on fall break).  By noonish, she had thrown up once or twice more, including when H was putting her in the car to take her to urgent care. I headed home around 1 to help... we were going to hold out til 6 to take her to urgent care because with our insurance it's free after 6 vs $150 during the day. But she threw up on me again and so we went at around 3. Stomach bug, doc gave us anti-nausea medicine which helped immediately. Still wasn't eating much though. She was puny all of Tuesday. Better Wednesday, but then what happened? I got full-on stomach bug - though diarrhea instead of puking. In bed pretty much all day Wednesday until yesterday afternoon. WOOF. And we had pictures scheduled for Wednesday that we went ahead with because D was well and I could suck it up. Except - she hates pictures and was a total, 1000% troll. I had (have) so much to do at work this week and now is the first time I've been in the office since Monday, and I've only fielded important emails since then. F. M. L. 

Nail: We're all alive after a week of hellish sickness. And H has the immunity of a.... idk, but he's healthy AF. Thank gawd. Yesterday D went to school, I stayed upstairs, and he got to really relax and binged Ozark until he had to go pick her up. It made me so happy to see him just sitting on the couch because he never just chills. 

Weekend: I have a monthly game day and it's tomorrow. I try to schedule them a month ahead to get on everyone's calendars and I really wanted to cancel but day-long gaming seshes are numbered in the weeks ahead. Sigh. It'll be fun but hopefully, my energy is up. 

Sorry I've been MIA. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that last week and this week would be struggle bus for me because of work... turns out I underestimated how sucky this week would be. :D 
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 I’m sorry about your awful week! I’m glad your daughter is feeling better and that you are back at work. I hope you enjoy your game day tomorrow and that next week is better!
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Aw man, I freaking love the Boppy lounger. I'd def replace. Use a Bed Bath & Beyond/Buy Buy Buy baby coupon to get some dollars off. I have a bunch in my mail drawer, I'd send you one. :D 
  • Options

@hoosiermama-2 Ugh, that sounds terrible!! I am glad everyone is feeling better.