April 2019 Moms

Week 3 (due 4/15-4/21) check-in W/O 10/15

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)

Re: Week 3 (due 4/15-4/21) check-in W/O 10/15

• Due date/Weeks: 13+3 - 4/20

Any appointments? Questions? Friday 

Rants/Raves? I finally have my appetite back for the most part (sans chicken)

How are you feeling? Pretty good but I'm sure there is no amount of sleep that would be too much. 

Question: Our anatomy scan isn't until almost 21 weeks. We have an option to go to a boutique ultrasound place to try to determine the sex. (if we don't, I'd be sad but it's not the end of the world, I'd still be excited to see LO). So I ramble to ask this: has anyone ever gone to one of those places? Pros/cons? 21 weeks just seems like forever away.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!). Depends. I used to be a night owl but now I'm a morning person because I'm a parent and I have to be! (thank God for coffee)

• Due date/Weeks:  4/19 - 13w4d

Any appointments? Questions?  NT scan today ☺

Rants/Raves?  Energy is starting to come back!  

How are you feeling?  Over all, good.  We got results from Mat21 and babe is genetically perfect.  And DS will have a baby brother.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)  DS has made me an early bird but sleeping in was 7/7.30.

ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/Weeks: April 16, 14 weeks!

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments this week. I was able to sneak an impromptu appointment last week and heard the heartbeat on doppler, yay!

Rants/Raves? I am so pissed that my insurance is refusing to cover my NIPT *after* they pre-authorized it and I had it done. They are claiming that I went "out-of-network" even though I used the lab that they specified on the authorization letter. Gah! I hate insurance.

How are you feeling? So. Much. Better! My nausea is gone for the most part. I still have occasional bouts in the evenings but that is about it. Tension headaches have started to become more frequent and I can't sit for longer than a few minutes before my osteitis pubis starts bothering me. But so, so, so glad that they all day nausea has gone away. I feel more like a human at work.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Response also stolen from STM check-in...

Image result for permanently exhausted pigeon meme

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mrstmoose I haven't been to one of the boutique ultrasound places, but I'm going to this time. When I was pregnant with DD, I was living in WV close to all my family. My aunt is an ultrasound tech and offered to do a gender scan for us as a gift at about 15 weeks. (She's done the gender scans for all of my sisters' pregnancies too.) This time, we're in SC. I have the option to do a gender scan at my OB office, just not covered by insurance, but the dates and times are limited and they couldn't schedule it the same day as any of my other appointments due to how billing works for insurance. So instead of taking more time off work to do another appointment in the time slots they had available, I'm going to a boutique this time after my normal work hours. It was less than $5 more and worth it for the convenience. My husband thinks I'm silly that I couldn't wait 5 more weeks for the anatomy scan to find out, but if he can spend $100 on a new xbox game without me judging him I think I'm well within my rights to spend $69 to find out the gender earlier if I want to. But that's just me.

Due date/Weeks: April 18 - 13 weeks 5 days

Any appointments? Questions? I had my NT scan on 10/5 (everything looked normal and the baby looked great!), then returned to the OB office on 10/10 because I had started bleeding red again and cramping. Turned out to be just more of the same subchorionic hemorrhage passing, although they couldn't really explain why it was presenting as fresh blood again. The important thing though is that baby looked totally fine and was very active and great heartbeat. This little one just likes to scare me apparently. My next OB appointment is 10/31, and I'm doing a gender scan on 10/26.

Rants/Raves? I mentioned this in the Randoms thread, but I just wish the bleeding would stop. It's all brown/old blood now, and I know everything is fine with the baby, but it's been going on for almost 3 weeks now and it's messing with my mind. 

How are you feeling? Mostly just exhausted. I'm starting to feel a little more normal again overall, but the fatigue just isn't going away.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) I'm definitely a night owl. I like the idea of being a morning person, but it's never worked out for me.

• @mrstmoose I went to a place to have the 3D elective ultrasounds to determine the sex with both of my previous pregnancies. DH just didn’t want to wait the first time and then we had really bad experiences with the ultrasound technicians at our OB office so we NEVER want to find out exciting stuff through them. They are a special kind of evil to be so rude and ridiculous to pregnant women. Anyways, we have an appointment for another elective ultrasound at one of these places in about a week. I absolutely love the experience. It’s lots of fun and often the images are much better than what my OB office produces. The 3D pics are a little freaky lol. I think now that we’ve found out at 15 weeks every time it would seem way too long to wait til 19-21 any other time :)
  • Due date/Weeks: Apr 18/ 13 weeks

Any appointments? Questions? Not til next week. Regular OB appointment and elective sex determining ultrasound!

Rants/Raves? I have a freakin yeast infection that is about to drive me insane. I wrote it off as random irritation for a few days and now it’s unbearable ugh

How are you feeling? See above. Otherwise pretty good. Slight nausea in the evenings before bed.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Night owl for sure. Though since having kids I’m much better in the mornings but I could accidentally stay up forever lol

• Due date/Weeks:  4/17 - 13w6d

Any appointments? Questions?  Nop

Rants/Raves?  I'm really starting to show.  I don't know how much longer I can hide this at work.  ;)

How are you feeling?  I'm starting to feel much better.  Still tired but getting more energy.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person?  I'm definitely a morning person.  I work best from 7:30-11 am!  Once I hit 8:00 pm I'm done with any type of work.
  • Due date/Weeks: April 21, 13w2d

Any appointments? Questions? Have a HB scan next Monday.

Rants/Raves? I can hardly access the boards to read, let alone post, since my internet has been so slow. Apologies for not interacting more. Rave, felt baby kick the other morning! Well, more like flutters and I think he/she was stretching out completely since that's a favorite pose.

How are you feeling? Meh. Thought I was past the fatigue and nausea, only to have it come racing back.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) I'm with the pigeon. 

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Due date/Weeks: April 18 / 13w5d

Any appointments? Questions? Next checkup is Nov. 2, and my anatomy scan is Nov. 19. They're sending me to a MFM for the anatomy scan because of my Grave's disease; they don't think anything is wrong, it's just an added precaution.

Rants/Raves? Not really to either *shrug*

How are you feeling? Feeling betterish but still vomiting. I'm thinking it's not gonna go away for a while yet, if at all.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) I'm definitely a night owl, although I've trained myself to be more of a morning person. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Due date/Weeks: April 18 - 13 + 6

Any appointments? Questions? Saw my ob on Columbus Day - NT went well, NIPT showed no cause for worry, and we found out we're having another girl!  Next appointment isn't until early November for my initial anatomy scan.

Rants/Raves? I'm so dang excited to be having another girl.  My husband and I both wanted a boy this time and I expected to be disappointed to hear otherwise, but I'm through the roof happy.  In my head, I'm pretty set on a name - it's one my husband and I both like, although we never OFFICIALLY discuss names until we know the gender.  Every time there's a lull in conversation, I want to bring it up!

How are you feeling? Good!  Morning sickness has pretty much abated and my energy's improved SO much over the last two weeks.  I mean, I'm still in bed by 9, but I'm functional up until then!

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)  Morning person.  Saturday mornings are my favorite - I wake up early with my daughter, change her, feed her, read her a story, and put her right back to sleep.  My husband sleeps in late, so I get to just hang with the dogs and drink hot coffee while going through our finances.  Sounds so boring, but it's my favorite part of the week!

• Due date/Weeks: 4/15 & 14w2d

Any appointments? Questions? No appointment again until Nov

Rants/Raves? I have 6 weeks between appts and the wait is killing me?

How are you feeling?  So much better.. I can eat vegetables again & stay up past 8, lol.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) I used to be a morning person, but now I'm just tired, lol.

@m@mrstmoose I had a boutique ultrasound done with DD when I was 16w. They accurately predicted her sex & it was a really nice experience overall, though the 3D bit was kind of creepy. I was glad we did it because they weren't able to tell 100% at the anatomy scan. I actually wasn't planning on doing it again because we moved farther away from a boutique place,  but now my anatomy scan won't be until 22w so I'm feeling extra impatient and considering making the drive, lol.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Due date/Weeks: April 21st

Any appointments? Questions?

So many appointments these past weeks... On Monday we did our US where they did the NT scan and combined with my blood values to assess the risk for chromosomal abnormalities - all looked good for both babies! We also have an appointment with the in house doctor at the midwife clinic tomorrow to discuss high risk pregnancy, twins etc. 

Rants/Raves?

I already ranted about starting to bleed, and my not so fun hospital visit the other night in the randoms thread, but it really sucks to worry about bleeding, and even though it's just been a few days for me and I saw the babies were doing ok, I feel like you @chrissdee I just want it to stop!

Rave this week though is that my babies were actually sooo cute on the US! Their little noses, and the fact that they were sucking on their thumbs, and the way the US-nurse was talking about them like actual little people!  <3<3<3

How are you feeling? 

Major headaches the last few days and worried about small bleedings on/off, otherwise starting to try to eat more veggies and whole grains again and not feeling quite as nauseous. The dietist told me to eat more small low sugar meals between the big ones, so trying to have little portions of cottage cheese with nuts, or a sandwish.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person?

Definitely night owl. Normally never in bed before midnight. 

• I sympathize with you guys who are antsy to find out the sex of the baby. Knowing just made it feel so much more real to me - I could actually imagine this tiny little person who would be arriving in April. We ended up getting the blood test / panorama. We agreed that if insurance didn't cover it we'd just pay out of pocket since the most they'd charge is $200. Plus, we were relieved to see everything was low risk. 

Due date/Weeks: April 19 (13 weeks 5 days) 

Any appointments? Questions? No appointment again until November. 

Rants/Raves? Totally irrelevant to pregnancy, but omg I hate grading. I'm really behind. Also, we still can't come up with a baby name. We used the only boy name we liked on our 4 year old, and I can't come up with a second name! 

How are you feeling? Overall good. Although last night I started burping / gagging and I couldn't stop, which turned in to barfing, which I then couldn't stop. Gross. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Neither. I like to be asleep by 11pm and awake by about 7am. Pretty solid middle of the road sleeping hours. 

• Due date/Weeks: 4.15 14 weeks and a few days

Any appointments? Questions? Oct. 29th our insurance runs out on the 31st and all the jobs DH is being offered won’t cover health insurance until 60 days after he starts... so I’m trying to get everything done this month

Rants/Raves? Every insurance company we have called refuses to cover pregnancy. DH said he signed up for covered California but I haven’t heard anything 

How are you feeling? Pretty shitty. Everything is making me cry. I’m still nauseous all the time and my exhaustion is getting worse. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) at this point I’m barely a person. Before pregnancy, definitely a night owl. Mornings can go eat burnt toast. 

• Due date/Weeks: 4/16, 14+1

Any appointments? Questions? DH did his carrier screening today, otherwise nothing until November 

Rants/Raves? This week I finished some work stuff that’s been stressing me out and booked a trip to Hawaii for after thanksgiving! No rants today

How are you feeling? hungry always, energy is coming back! 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? I’m not a morning person in the slightest, but I probably can’t call myself a night owl when I’m in bed by 9:30