April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 (due 4/8-4/14) check-in W/O 10/15

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)

Re: Week 2 (due 4/8-4/14) check-in W/O 10/15

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/10 - 15 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments? Questions? Regular prenatal checkup next Thursday. I haven’t been seen since 12 weeks, which I know is normal but I’m really, really nervous. Just ready to hear the heartbeat again! I had ordered a Doppler, but canceled the order almost immediately after because I just felt like it was a bad idea. Also hoping we’ll finally get to schedule the anatomy scan.

Rants/Raves? No rants this week. I’m feeling great aside from RLP and sciatic pain, which I’m able to manage a bit better now. I got to pull my winter clothes out of storage (at least some of them) and I’m feeling bumpy and cute today. Drank hot chocolate this morning while working on homework. It’s been a good day!

How are you feeling? See above. Anxious for the next appointment but physically doing really well.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Morning person, as long as I get a full night’s sleep. I love getting my chores done in the morning and making breakfast for DH. But I also enjoyed evenings with a cocktail and a movie before getting pregnant. So I do like both!

• Options
    @lilpotatomama, I love the start of hot chocolate season.  It's my guilty pleasure and such a childhood throwback.

Due date/Weeks: 4/10, almost 15 weeks.

Any appointments? Questions? Not until next Tuesday.

Rants/Raves? Just found out the results from my NIPT testing and it's a boy!  Trying to wrap my head around it, because honestly I had my heart set on a little girl.  I know it's 50/50, but since this will probably be our last baby, I'm struggling right now.

How are you feeling? Physically, I've been able to eat more normal meals this week.  Sciatica and headaches are still bad.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)  Definitely a morning person.  DH hates how chipper I am when I get up and how I want to get stuff done right away so I feel productive.  He needs at least an hour to wake up and sip his coffee before he's willing to help me clean/cook breakfast/etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kangstadt the real bummer is that this isn’t going to last. We’ll probably be back in the 80’s or at least 70’s next week 😞 weather doesn’t get consistently cold here until around December, sometimes November if we’re lucky. I think January is the peak of our cold season - it always ices on DH’s birthday (1/24). 
    Also, I feel like I could have written your post. This is our first, and I’m really hoping for a girl. Of course I just want a healthy baby. I always call the baby “he” (so I don’t have to say “it”) and yet I always picture a little girl in my belly! Also, our DH’s are the exact same in the morning!
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, I was convinced with my first that he was a girl, then almost cried at the ultrasound.  I came around, and obviously I wouldn't change him for the world, but this being our last baby makes it feel harder for me to accept not having a little girl to raise.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 12 / 14 weeks 4 days

Any appointments? Questions? Had my monthly appointment last Friday. I was upset that I've gained 7 pounds, but my midwife said it was fine. Got to hear the heartbeat on doppler which was so cool! The baby was kicking around a lot - or at least that's what the midwife said - we kept hearing all these weird sounds!

Rants/Raves? I'm not nauseous anymore, but I feel SO full. Like, I'm hungry but can only eat a little at a time. I also feel short of breath often. Isn't it too early for that??

How are you feeling? See above.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Totally a morning person. I could barely stay up until 10pm before I got pregnant! Now it's 9/9:30 bedtime every night.....even on the weekends usually. Sounds like my DH is like yours, @lilpotatomama!

• Options
    @rennie1108, definitely not too early.  Shortness of breath was one of my earliest symptoms both pregnancies so far!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt It sucks!! Haha. I don't think I'm loving being pregnant. Oh, and I meant to tag you, too, about our DH's. I'm so bad at technology.
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 

April 9, 15 weeks

Not until the 30th. It’s makes me excited to schedule our anatomy scan soon, that always makes me feel more to connected to my pregnancies 

Rants/Raves?

I hate how people ask “how are you feeling” but don’t really care. My inlaws are the worse because they ask the same questions every time but don’t have anything else to add to the conversation. Like I’m not going to lie and say “I feel AMAZING!” lol

How are you feeling? 

Starving, then yucky from eating, it’s an endless cycle. Also I felt like a zombie....no second trimester energy for me

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!)

Neither! Lol People think I’m a morning person because I’m up at 5:30am to workout and all summer I have morning swim practice st 7:30. But I’m a “fake it to make it” and would much rather sleep in. I could go to bed at 8:30 with my kids but my mind and anxiety don’t let me.

@kangstadt I don’t have any personal experience but I know several people that have 3 girls, one has 4 now! They struggled with not having a boy but once their little one arrived they were 100% in love and can’t imagine their life without them. Just trying to say your feelings are normal and you will get through it momma!

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 11, 14 weeks 5 days

No appointments until 16 weeks (10/27), no questions.

Rants/Raves? 

Ugh...House has been on the market for almost 2 months and no offers. We are really hoping to move somewhere bigger now that there will be 4(!!!) kids and also move closer to my work. Trying to remind myself that we have a great house as is and plenty of room for the first 4-6 months anyways so there’s no real rush, but the nesting instinct makes this so hard!!!

How are you feeling? Good!! Back to running and spinning. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) neither, middle of the day is my jam. But I probably lean more “morning” than “night.”

• Options
    @catherineclaire78 Same here! Isn't it nice to be back to running? I don't know about you, but I am definitely feeling a little sluggish on my runs (and they're a bit shorter than before), but it still is nice to work out!

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/14 - 14w2d

Any appointments? Questions? Appointment is in 6 days! I’m so excited and nervous. I cannot understand all the hoops I’ve had to jump through just to receive care.

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? Pretty good physically, but having some anxiety. I feel like I have a lot on my plate and I can’t relax.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? More of a morning person right now. I get tired super early and keep waking up at 6-7am.

• Options
    @rennie1108 I’ve been getting out of breath real easy as well. It doesn’t take much. I find myself going in the back to sit down while I’m at work a lot. 
  • Options
    @rennie1108 yes!! Lol...much slower. It’s definitely a jog and not a run. :) 
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: 4/11, 15 weeks tomorrow 

Any appointments? Questions? I have an appointment next week Thursday to hear the heartbeat for the second time, anxious for that!

Rants/Raves? No rants, just glad to be feeling better! This last month has been 3 different sicknesses and falling down the stairs/sprained ankle so I'm just excited to hear if the baby is okay! It's been a trooper through everything so far!

How are you feeling? Good actually. I'm feeling the energy return which I didnt think would happen. It's a wild, foriegn feeling. Excited to *maybe* start enjoining this pregnancy! 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? Tough.. I'm the most productive in the morning but I prefer nights because they are the most fun right now..baby is asleep, husband is home and we have our late dinners and stay up talking and playing video games lol but I get tired so quickly (I literally fall asleep mid conversation, sitting up..soo not like me) but I'm treasuring this season of life.

• Options
    @rennie1108, girl, I have been out of breath for WEEKS. much more than I ever remember being w/ my first pregnancy. I did start heavier this time around, so I'm sure that has contributed some to my shortness of breath, but it's seriously unreal. I work on the second floor, so I'm climbing up stairs quite a few times a day. I pour through the door totally out of breath every time. I haven't told anyone at work that I'm pregnant, so when someone asked me if I was ok, and if I was catching a cold, I just replied, "nope! just fat!"

@blueberrymomma, that question got so annoying w/ my first pregnancy. granted, I know people were being sincere about it, but I would be like, "do you really want to hear a pregnant woman complain about all the things that suck about growing a human? let's just say I feel like everyone else who's been through this."

@catherineclaire78, @rennie1108, I wish I could say you guys inspire me to exercise, but that would be a total lie, :( I am in awe, though! I bought myself some maternity crop workout pants, but then this crazy cold front moved in, and it's just so hard to pull myself out of my warm & cozy house! man, I even got waxed w/ plans to swim at the Y... it hasn't happened :-/

Due date/Weeks: 15 weeks, due 4/8

Any appointments? Questions? next appointment is next thursday. I still haven't heard a heart beat yet!!  :( so I'm on pins and needles while I count down the days. has anyone started to feel flutters/movement yet? I think I might've felt a few flutters, but it's hard to know the difference between that and gas this early on...

Rants/Raves? rave: watched the first episode of haunting of hill house last night. I can't wait to tear into that series! so good!

How are you feeling? out of breath!  :D  and RLP were a bitch a few days ago! I think I'm finally starting to feel some relief, knock on wood.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) I'm too old to stay up late anymore, and I'm not quite old enough to enjoy mornings the way my mom does. so I'd say I'm middle of the road. joys of middle age. -_-

• Options
    @batmama31 That's hilarious! I should start telling people I'm just getting fat. Actually one of the higher ups at my work I can NOT stand, so if he even dares to mention how big I've gotten (he would, too, without knowing I'm pregnant), I've got to think of something snarky to say!
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 10th/15w1d

Any appointments? Questions? I was supposed to have one next week, but we moved and I am in the process of setting up all my info with a new obgyn in the area.

Rants/Raves? I really want a belly or to start showing! But I know we have a few weeks before that.

How are you feeling? Bloated with lots of stomachaches and indigestion. Every time I eat a meal it upsets my stomach. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Neither! Lol I love going to bed before 10 and waking up around 9am. I love sleep!

• Options

Due date/Weeks: April 10 / 15 Weeks ... Which seems like some serious progress I have to say!

Any appointments? Questions?  I had an apt on Tuesday, prenatal checkup. I was told the first trimester screen and NIPT was all good... YAY. Been waiting for that. The apt was super short and I go back in 4 weeks and have the anatomy scan in 5 weeks, a couple days before Thanksgiving. I think we will find our gender then. 

Rants/Raves? Nah. Pretty chill over here.

How are you feeling? Good! Normal just a little more tired than usual. I am trying to work out regularly but hard to motivate (typical). I have a small bump so I am going to be wearing leggings the next few weeks while I am in this in between phase. I can't wait to look preggo! Thinking I will by Thanksgiving anyway...

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? Def a morning person! My favorite hours.

Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @rennie1108, if that dickhead says anything, just reply, “yeah, i’m pregnant, what’s your excuse?”
  • Options

Due date/Weeks: April 8th, 15+weeks

Any appointments? Questions? Had an ultrasound on Monday and an appointment on Wednesday. Midwife clarified that my previa is the inferior edge that is covering and it's posterior so it's good and bad news but I'll take it because it could be worse.

Rants/Raves? Work is starting to get really difficult in a sense that we work in a small office and for some reason little things are starting to irritate me. Happened last pregnancy too so it's just riding it out but my emotions go a little crazy when I'm preggo.

How are you feeling? A little tired but regaining my energy. This week was rough but I was able to fit in some yoga which was nice.

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? More of a morning person now if you ask my DH but that's the toddler and working early all the time. I used to be a night owl when I was younger. I enjoy my sleep but it doesn't go past 8am every any longer.

• Options

Due date/Weeks: 15 weeks 5 days.  Due 4/9

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments until 11/13. 

Rants/Raves? Moving while pregnant sucks. Somehow I've managed to have a major move during all 3 of my pregnancies too.

How are you feeling? Pulled something in my back yesterday. I could hardly move all day. Today I'm sore but not in excruciating pain. So that's a win. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or morning person? (Stolen from STM check-in!) Used to be night owl. Now I'm a permanently exhausted pigeon.