Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Week of 10/15

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment?

Re: TTCAL Week of 10/15

• Hello all I’m back after a month or so. I participated on the board until I got my BFP at the end of September but sadly things didn’t work out for me so here I am again...

How are things going? Good, my body has come back to “normal”

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Not knowing where I am in my cycle. I typically have ovulation pain and so I guess I’ll just go off of that this month and see what happens!

What is going well for you this week? Nothing particular 

R/R? I let myself go and I really have a lot of self dislike about it- I need to get past that!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment? **Children trigger warning ** My older two kids are without a doubt my best accomplishment!!

Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @ThompsonHM2 *lurking* I’m sorry to see you back here. *hugs*
  • Loading the player...
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited October 2018
    @ThompsonHM2 sorry you’re back here  :(

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 5 losses

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Started temping after my loss last month and saw when I o’d. I need to get better on tracking and taking my temps around the same time every day. It’s so hard when I am not consistent with wake up times. I’m definitely struggling with my diet. I’m insulin resistant and the carb cravings are legit. Hopefully that’s something I can address at my appt that’s coming up.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? First appt with re is on Halloween. Hopefully testing happens shortly after.

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment? LC Tw* my son for sure. End tw* Im also proud of how well dh and I have been able to navigate the world of miscarriage together. I think we can all agree pregnancy/child loss can have a huge effect on a marriage and I’m proud that we have gotten closer through it all. 

Edit somehow I missed part of the questions

• @kbrown2385 I really hope you find some peace working with an RE. I've enjoyed working with mine. The RPL testing is pretty simple and its good to rule out several of the things they test for. Sending big hugs and fingers crossed for your appt. 

@ThompsonHM2 I'm sorry you're here again friend. I typically take the cycle after a loss "off" from any tracking so I can focus on getting my head right so I normally don't normally track. Maybe just allow yourself the rest of this cycle to reset so you don't have added stress about tracking it? 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 3  losses in 2018 - @21 weeks, @5.5 weeks @6.5 weeks

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? We're FINALLY off the bench and I wish I could say I was excited. I've waiting 4 months to be here and now I'm nothing but a ball of anxiety again. I'm terrified of another loss. It makes me think maybe I should wait some more. But will I ever be at peace with trying again? I'm so in my head right now. I really want to be able to enjoy the holidays this year, but watching every FW come and go is PAINFUL. Digging deep and doing a lot of yoga breathing these days.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? TSH and prolactin levels should come in today. 

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment? Probably the success I've had in my career thus far. I started this job right out of college as a kid who didn't know much and have worked my way from a coordinator to a director in 7 years. If you had asked me 7 years ago, I would have had no clue I had what it takes the climb the ladder. 

• @ThompsonHM2 I'm so sorry you are back and for your loss. 

@kbrown2385 Good job on tracking, even if you don't feel like you are very consistent. At least you are getting in the habit. I definitely agree that our miscarriage brought DH and me closer together, even if it has been hard at times. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I've been having a rough week. More so with TTC than our loss. I'm starting to feel like this is never going to happen for us. I know realistically it hasn't been that long, but I just feel so defeated and bitter. Also, the heat in my office is broken and I'm freezing. It is legit hard to type because my fingers are frozen!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I'm a poas addict so I tested today at 10 dpo and got a BFN. Pretty sure I'm out, but I guess we will see. Appointment with OBGYN at end of the month to get a referral to a RE. 

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment? I'm not feeling very motivated right now, but my career. I have a great job and have excelled pretty quickly. 

• @kgg2241 Hugs to you my friend. I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated and I'm sorry for the BFN. I'm right there with you wondering if it will ever work out for our family to bring home a baby. Luckily, the stats are in our favor... Know that helps me keep my head high. Also, have you looked into or have a counselor? I saw mine yesterday and felt so much relief. 

Also, I brought a space heater to work and it has been my LIFELINE. I've been written up by the fire marshall 3 times now but I refuse to get rid of it. GIVE ME HEAT OR GIVE ME DEATH. I haven't been fired yet. 
  • @nomangos23 Very good point. They are in our favor and I feel lucky that at least it happened once, so I know it is somewhat possible. I actually just requested an appointment with my therapist. Your comment and @coco2787's comment last week have encouraged me to go back. Thank you!

LOL about the heat. You rebel. I just took a space heater from someone who isn't in today. It is gonna be hard for me to give it back!
  • @coco2787 yay coco!! Monday was hard. I had every intention of posting something beautiful publicly about pregnancy loss but I just couldn't come up with anything I felt did justice to the topic. And sooo happy to hear you're trying out a new OB who specializes in women who have miscarried. While she may not be able to give you more answers, hopefully you can feel better "taken care of" by her. And yay for the therapist. Mine also specializes in RPL and has had miscarriages herself. She keeps me sane in so many ways. 

Any ladies on this board diagnosed with high prolactin levels? Mine have come back @ 28 two times now. My doc is ordering an MRI to make sure everything is functioning normally with my pituitary gland but a quick google search has me low key freaking out. A brain tumor? Really? 
  • @kbrown2385 you may have already mentioned it, but what testing are you having done?  I know RPL related but curious as to what they're checking.  

@nomangos23 as much as the bench sucks it is kind of nice to not have the TTC stress.  So much envy for people that don't have to know about the roller coaster of TTCAL.  As far as prolactin levels I don't have any knowledge but I hope that they can figure something out with that.  I always Google even though I know better but I'm still going to say stay away!  

@kgg2241 I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged :(  I'm always so happy for ladies that move on from here but it sucks when it's not you and it still always stings a little.  

@ThompsonHM2 I'm sorry you find yourself joining this group.  Side note- (in spoiler for LC triggers)
     I think I recognize your name from the July2013 BMB.  I changed my sn but I was cfreymc on there. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 I don’t really know yet. It’s my first appt so I’m hoping to get full fertility and genetic done on both myself and my husband. I had some basic testing done at my ob after my second loss. They found insulin resistance so we did what we could to help with that and continued on to have 3 more loses. I’m not convinced it’s the issue. 
  • @nomangos23 how has your eye sight been?  I don’t know a ton about prolactin, but it was one thing my doctor was concerned about when we first started trying.  My eyes had a significant change in vision around that time.  I am sorry you are dealing with this, I know how scary it can be.
  • @ThompsonHM2 I’m sorry you are back here
    @kbrown2385 I hope you and RE can find some answers 
    @nomangos23 YAY OFF THE BENCH, but I get the anxiety. Don’t start until you’re ready. LOL about the heater.
    @kgg2241 Creepy internet hugs !!
    @coco2787 I hope the new clinic works out. I love my OB but can tell from the way she’s said some things she’s never had one. Sometimes I wish she could relate.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 early losses 8/17, 1/18

Status: ? I’m not tracking anything this month I need a break from thinking about TTC, probably WTO though 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

I’m okay, Monday was really hard for me. I’m pretty mentally worn out this month; going into cycle 6 this time around has really messed with my head. I wish there was a clear answer for someone if their body is going to work or not. I brought up the idea of getting the uterine scope thing done(can’t remember the name) with DH and he didn’t seem to have an opinion, just a concern about more medical bills, we’re still paying off my miscarriage from January. He’s got a really valid point there so idk what I’m going to push for yet. Hopefully by January I won’t need to decide, but I’m not exactly hopeful.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY?  What's your bests accomplishment? Idk

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @nomangos23 I must have posted at the same time as you before because I totally missed your update. Yay for being off the bench! I'm sorry about the anxiety of starting to try again. Completely understandable. 

@coco2787 I'm glad you had a coworker to talk to. It helps to talk to people you know in real life and can find some community. Also, I think it is good you shared on your story. I'm sure it was emotionally draining, but hopefully, it helped and was somewhat freeing. And awesome news about the potential new clinic. Keep us updated!

@kindbytealikat Creepy internet hugs right back at ya. I know what you mean about wanting a clear answer. I keep feeling like, well do I pull the trigger now and do more advanced treatment or give it another month? I guess the right answer is whatever choice we make? So tough. Also, I completely understand the bills. We are still paying off our miscarriage too. Talk about insult to injury. Hopefully, you won't need to decide and things will work out before January. 

AFM, my therapist was so nice and fit me in right after work today. Since it was my first appointment back, I wouldn't say it was particularly helpful or insightful, but at the very least it was good to just talk and have someone listen. She is also a feisty lady and let me vent about my bitterness and jealousy with no judgment. That was especially nice lol. I'm looking forward to going back and think it will help me work through some of my feelings. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

Hi everyone, I am new-ish to the boards and @coco2787 was nice enough to tap my figurative shoulder in the newbie thread to come check out this TTCAL thread. 

I had two losses in 2017 (January and July). We benched ourselves for a little under a year after I suffered pretty significantly with grief/trauma particularly related to the circumstances of our second loss. In August 2018, my new OB was reviewing my medical records from the previous pregnancies and noticed a footnote that suggested I might have a uterine septum. A sonohysterogram confirmed a pretty formidable chunk of unwelcome uterine muscle/tissue living smack dab in the center of my uterus, rent free, and likely contributing to our losses. That m-f'er comes out mid-November and we can return to TTC after one normal post-op cycle. 

Side Note: My OB referred to the tool they use for this procedure as an "Electric Melonballer" and if my current career totally flatlines that is going to be the name of my rock band. Please don't steal it. 

I struggle quite a bit with the anxiety and pre-occupation with it all and find that I sometimes can't focus on anything except post-surgical fertility statistics and other fertility/pregnancy topics. A pretty healthy dose of panic that this won't be the solution we're hoping it is. I have a countdown app that is counting down to surgery day in... my own heartbeats (just over 2 million to go, give or take). Like, that's probably not normal and I know that. :smile:

Rant: Being invited to a baby shower with FIFTY other attendees and so assuming mom-to-be won't notice that I am not going but she did and she asked what I was up to that day and it seemed not cool to say, "Well, the last time I went to a baby shower I was so anxious I sweat through all of my clothes and threw up after tea, and I hate this shit" but I also couldn't lie fast enough so it just came out like, "Unnnggggh, you know, well... unnngh, maybe I can make it after all?" Dumb. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing upcoming except surgery.

GTKY?  What's your best accomplishment? Probably running a marathon or bikepacking 250 miles of Idaho forest service roads.

• @minnek8 1) Welcome and sorry you're here :( 2) lol at pretty much your entire post except for the parts that aren't really funny but you have a way with words 3) counting down to your surgery in number of heart beats is totally normal. I do it all time. 4) I LOVE Idaho and 5) I wish you would have told baby shower girl what happened the last time you went to a baby shower. Her face  :no_mouth:

Anyway, I'm sorry for your losses. I have a very good feeling for you and your TTC future after your surgery. I got a pack of Tarot cards for my birthday so I can practically see the future. Have you had a RPL work up yet? 
  • @minnek8 I'm sorry you find yourself here, but you are very much welcome. I just read your intro on the newbie page. I'm so sorry for your losses and traumatic experience. 

I completely agree with nomangos. Your post made me lol. You should just dine and dash at the baby shower. Let her see your face and then leave. If there really are that many people, she'll just think you're in another room (hopefully)!

And finally, are from Utah? I have also spent lots of time adventuring through Utah and Idaho and I'd love to have another "local" here. (Feel free to message me if you don't wanna answer publically)

@nomangos23 I love Tarot! 
  • @minnek8 welcome! I’m sorry to meet you here but I already love your point of view. Your post made me laugh so much! I look forward to seeing more of your posts. 

I really hope surgery is the answer to your prayers. I think it’s completely natural to be so anxious. Especially when it comes to your fertility. It’s a big deal. Hopefully you can find some comfort here :) 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

1 loss at 10 weeks July 27th. Natural miscarriage with a follow up D&C to really rub salt in the wound. I have PCOS.

Status: waiting to start my period. We took the last month off because of a move and also because I’m afraid/want it so much.

My humor has been pretty dark lately. I’m also feeling a little bitter. I think everyone in the world is pregnant and due January-March. That doesn’t help. 

Also, I’ve been stacking all my bills from the ER, hospital and doctors office in a pile and not paying attention to them. Apparently that doesn’t make them go away, lol. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Nope

GTKY?  What's your best accomplishment?

Surviving and becoming a successful adult. That sounds dark but it’s true. Major depression hit when I was 12 and lasted until I was 25. 

Man, this post was a downer, lol. 

• hi @minnek8, glad to see you decided to join us over here :)  I'm so sorry for everything you've been through but I appreciate your sense of humor about things.  I hope your ute melon-balling goes well ;)  We've had a few former posters in this thread get uterine septum surgeries and have gotten pregnant afterwards so hopefully that is the case for you too!  If you have questions about it we can probably page one of them, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help.  

@antera23 I'm sorry things have been rough, it really does feel like pregnant women are everywhere.  I've been staring at my medical bills and doing nothing too, it just feels so insulting to have to pay them.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @nomangos23 Thanks for the love! I haven't really had a full RPL work-up because my OB noticed this right away and she didn't think it was worth pursuing anything additional at this point because a septum is so likely to cause loss. I did have some testing for autoimmune issues in 2016 after suffering Bell's Palsy, but all was clear. She did recommend baby aspirin if we do conceive, just in case. 

@kgg2241 Oh the way people would gossip when I dine and dash a baby shower- LOL! I love it and is actually totally something I would do. Lately, DH and I have been getting the babies in our lives totally non-baby gifts and I think it might be freaking people out a tiny bit. It's mostly been like, vinyl records, and I think people could be more grateful that we are starting their kid off with a great music library...  ;). Oh, and not from Utah/Idaho. From the upper Midwest, but we LOVE to travel to the west and Utah was a total surprise to me in terms of how amazingly beautiful it is. We were in Grand Staircase-Escalante and to say there is nothing like that in the Midwest is a dramatic understatement.

@antera23 Ugh. Sorry things are hard. It does feel like pregnant women are everywhere. Or pregnancy shows up in a tv show/movie/book where it isn't really important to the story and it's just like... "Whyyyyyyy?!" Last night I was watching old episodes of America's Got Talent (you can judge me, I judged me) and they asked this singing couple what they've been up to since the last audition and of course they got pregnant. And so then there was like three minutes of how excited they were to be starting a family... neat. I just hit rewind to the singing Golden Retriever and watched that twice. It's a darn tragedy he didn't make it to the next round. 

@coco2787 Thanks! It doesn't feel like a very common procedure, so I am glad to know there are some other people who may be floating around here that have had it done. I had a close friend have it and she got pregnant with twins her first cycle after. I told my OB she didn't need to do THAT well. We don't need to hit it out of the park here. A base hit will do for me. :) 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. - 1 loss.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Went to the gyno yesterday and the vampires took 10 vials of blood for testing. still trying to figure out why I fainted at work and again at home a few days later. low blood pressure and low blood sugars which we dont know why are so low considering I had something to eat before each time. 
    We bought a house yesterday so that's my rant and rave. I feel like we completely settled by buying this house which is a terrible feeling. I personally dont feel like the house will become a home however that's only based on the fact that it doesnt have our stuff in it. we still have move in with the inlaws for 1 month but that'll be fine. 
    Tw* my bfs sister is having a baby any minute and the entire family is basically waiting to go and help once she goes into labor and I selfishly have no desire to go there* End TW* 
    We leave for Tofino (google it, its beautiful) to stay at a resort for the weekend for my bfs 30th birthday so I took today as a personal leave day from work so I can pack and organize. its just a weekend but my to do list is like 35 things long and I havent left my bed yet. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? results from all of this blood work november 19th. I have to start provera today. im terrified as last time I did (with other issues too) I bled for 18 months straight and no one could make it stop and I was so sick. 

GTKY? What's your bests accomplishment? I saved a kids life back in 2011. its a long story but I performed CPR on him and stayed there until the paramedics showed up. I was in the newspaper (no one asked me to autograph it though) and was praised a bunch by first responders. I almost became a first responder because of how great that felt but then soon realized that you don't get to save everyone. 

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited October 2018
    @antera23 I'm right there with ya on being a downer. I swear everyone is due in January or February. I actually just paid off my D&C bill this morning (bye bye paycheck and then some). It definitely stung. 

@kels0091 Congrats on the house! What an exciting time. I'm sure it will start feeling like home soon enough. Have a fun weekend relaxing! 
  • @coco2787 and @kgg2241 I’m glad other people are feeling that dealing with medical bills after a miscarriage is unfair. It definitely feels like adding insult to injury. 

Thank you guys for being there for me. I really am ok. Everything in my life is good except TTC. So when I talk about it I end up sounding negative. 
  • @coco2787 yes July 2013!!!! Crazy!!!
    Anniversary

• @kels0091 that’s amazing that you saved that kid!!! I’m always afraid that I would panic in a situation like that rather than come to do the right actions!
    Anniversary

• @ThompsonHM2 thank you. 
    I think I froze for like 20 seconds and then grabbed gloves (thankfully since he was covered in blood) and ran over. adrenaline is an amazing thing.