March 2019 Moms
Options

Factor 5 blood clotting condition

I recently found out I have Factor 5 blood clotting condition. I'm not worrying about it as much as possible. They're going to speak to me about it at my appointment on Tuesday, the risks and our plan moving forward. So far I am taking one baby aspirin a day to ward off preeclampsia (scary). Any other Factor 5 mommies out there? 

Answers

• Options
    Hiya. I don’t think there are any other moms with a blood clotting thing on this board (I have a protein s deficiency but not a specific diagnosis). I take baby aspirin and lovenox daily and it seems to be working since I’m 18 weeks after several early losses. I hope that’s not the what led you to testing but if so we have a great PGAL thread you can join. There is also a lovenox ladies Facebook page  that could be a good resource for you.
    I recommend posting an introduction on our intro thread (sorry if I missed it!) and reading the “read first” post to get oriented with our regular threads.
     Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    **April lurker**

@magr8r I have the Factor V Leiden clotting disorder.  This is my second pregnancy.  I was admitted to the hospital 10 days before my twins were delivered due to Twin B having IUGR (blood was not being properly pushed through her cord so she wasn't growing).  In those 10 days I was getting 2 heparin shots a day and they made mention of continuing the shots after the birth but we never did.  I really think that if I wasn't admitted for my other issue that I never would have gotten the heparin.  Even with this one it's been noted but no one is worried.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker