March 2019 Moms
Options

Morning sickness back???

Help! I think my morning sickness is back with a vengeance!!

For the entire first trimester, I had horrendous morning sickness 24-7, and was diagnosed with HG. Around week 13/14, it was like a flip was switched inside, and suddenly I started feeling "normal". I still had occasional nausea that I would maintain with zofran, but I could eat (and enjoy!) food again. It was amazing! (although my anxiety brain worried I might not have been pregnant anymore because for so long vomiting=pregnancy in my world). 

But now, I'm almost at 17 weeks, and I'm feeling awful again. The last two days I've vomited what I could eat, and even with the zofran, I have a constant level of nausea. I have no desire to eat anymore, and feeling super emotional all the time. 

Is this a new flux of hormones? Has anyone else experienced this? Help me feel not alone! ;-)

-Amy

Re: Morning sickness back???

• Options
    Hi Amy! Welcome - and congrats on your pregnancy! First and foremost, please create a new username instead of the "knottie + numbers" that we all get as a default. This will help us get to know you better. Additionally, check out the Intros and Questions thread! You can introduce yourself formally and ask all questions in a place where you'll get timely responses.

As for me, I am on the flipside - I have not vomited once! I'm 19 weeks 2 days and I haven't had a stitch of nausea which is also anxiety inducing (as you said vomiting = pregnancy in your world!) So I can't be of much help to you but I do know friends that had been sick on and off throughout their entire pregnancies, unfortunately. What you thought was the nausea going away for good could have just been a positive but temporary fluctuation.

Keep us posted and please do introduce yourself and join the group! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome to our boards! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so sick! Are you sure it's morning sickness and not something you ate or a stomach bug?

In any case, I recommend you reach out to your doctor, especially if the zofran isn't helping. Hopefully your doctor could then recommend something else so that you don't have to continue suffering through this. Stay hydrated and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Amy! Sounds like @mayoduck and @indigoheightsblog have given you some great advice this far! I have dealt with a lot of MS this pregnancy also and I completely understand how draining it can be! At my last appointment my midwife switched my meds for the 3rd time and I finally found relief until yesterday (exactly 3 weeks later-ugh!). I suggest you call your doctor as was mentioned above, zofran didn’t help me and I was so glad to finally find something that does. I also posted about this on our symptoms boards so definitely check things out there it may at least help you to not feel so alone.