May 2019 Moms
Options

Flame-Free Friday Confessions

Re: Flame-Free Friday Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I went to dinner with some friends and my son last night and as we were parting ways, they decided to go to a club downtown. I had to bring my son home and I was pretty exhausted. I showered and went to bed and woke up this morning to see a text from my friend telling me to go down to the club because they're having a good time. That was at 9pm... I was already asleep. What has happened to me? 😩😂

This wasn't a confession.. Should've posted in randoms 🙈
  • Options
    Sometimes, I look at older kids and I get really excited for my kids to grow up. The age they're at is good too, but it's so so hard some of the time. I'm excited to have another baby in the family, but I really don't miss my girls' babyhood and I imagine I won't really miss their toddlerhood or early childhood either. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited October 2018
    @brie_and_almonds That just made me literally LOL, thank you for that.  And also, thank you for the potential baby nickname.

@wishiwaspreggo @peachy13 You both hit on my FFFC - I just really miss wine.  I miss it so much.  

ETA: I have one more.  I brought leftover pizza for lunch, but no ranch dressing. This diminishes my excitement (I don't like dry crust, is that weird?).  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I got to leave with early today! It was already a scheduled holiday for our public schools, so our preschool was only open to full day students. Then Trump scheduled a rally here in our small town today, so a lot of families kept their kids home since roads will be shut down all over town and they don't know if they can get to school this afternoon before we close. We were over ratio so since I'm one of the first to arrive I was the first given the option to leave!

My FFFC is my favorite thing about grocery order pickup is that I can sneak things in the cart that I want (like Halo Top ice cream and broccoli cheese veggie tots) without DH noticing them during checkout at the store and telling me they are overpriced for what they are and make me put them back so we stick to the budget.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @imrachellea I do the grocery shopping alone for just that reason. But now that DD is 2, she's becoming a bit of a snitch. 

My 9th period study hall is completely empty, yet I'm not doing any of the work I will be complaining about later. I might even push my luck and leave 5 minutes early too. 

Also, we are going to my husband's best friend's house in Vermont this weekend, and I don't want to go. At all. I don't like him that much, it's a long drive, and they don't have kids so it won't be super comfortable for my daughter. 

Speaking of things I don't want to go to, tonight is my other mother's birthday dinner. My estranged sister is coming to that, so I don't want to go that either. It's at a Japanese hibachi restaurant, so I'll spend most of it making sure DD doesn't burn herself, which is better than making awkward small talk I suppose. 

TL;DR I'm a lazy whiner. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    My FFFC is that Im so glad they finally took MIL into surgery... for my own selfish reason being that her breathe was putting me through the ringer (since she couldn't eat since last night). It took everything in me to not vomit anyone I got close to her. She should be able to eat and drink after she comes out.  

• Options
    I ate 3 pastries yesterday morning. There was some fruit, too, but it was glorious! Breakfast is usually the only time I can eat healthy before I feel like crap but I had a basically 2 1/2 hour commute (daycare drop off, drive to the train station, train, 1-mile walk) to a conference and breakfast was done by the time I got there and the pastries and a bit of fruit was at that was left. I was literally going to leave and buy something to eat (charged to my company) if they didn't have anything left, though.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge OMG the worst. I saw a woman pushing a cat in a stroller. Cats on leashes are bad enoguh. Also, dogs wearing sweaters or puffy jackets. I'm sorry, can you not?  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 when our cockapoo gets a grooming in the dead of winter, I definitely put a sweater on her! Just for a few days until she adjusts.

Definitely no to strollers though. Dogs LIKE walks - why would you take that away from them? And cats hate them, whether they're in a stroller or not. So why would you force them?

• Options
    @secicc12 my dog shivers in the winter, she has short fur. Plus, sweaters make her cuter 😂 
  • Options
    @k2k2tog @eatinwatermelonseeds Okay maybe it's just my dog that I feel would look ridiculous in a sweater. He's too big and clumsy for it to be cute! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 we actually have a leash for my cat! When he was a kitten he was extremely curious and enjoyed exploring. That’s since gone away as he’s grown so we don’t use it anymore but I have quite a few friends who walk their cats because the cats enjoy it. You can tell if a cat doesn’t, they play dead 😆

• Options
    @kvh22 I also find it somewhat entertaining when people truly think their bloat is bump before 12 weeks. I feel like a few people on our last board INSISTED they had a baby bump at 6 weeks....as a FTM. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 I made a fleece sweater for my dog to go outside in the snow. We get enough here that it’s deeper than she is tall and she gets awful ice balls packed into the hair on her chest & belly bc she’s basically crawling through it. But it’s practical, not to be cute. 😂
  • Options
    @kvh22 my midwife pointed out this week that - at 10 weeks - my uterus still has not grown above my pelvic bone. You are 100% right - it is not possible to have an actual baby bump this early. Bloat a-plenty though.

• Options
    I don't have a stroller for my dog, but I kind of get why some people do it, if someone needs to get from point a to point b with their dog, who maybe is either too small and can't handle long walks, or maybe an older dog who can't handle long walks. I know it looks totally silly but I guess it's nice to see a dog enjoying fresh air than sitting on the couch at home, which is what they do all the time anyway.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy13 Ohhh I didn't even think about a poor older dog who can't go on a walk. <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    k2k2tog said:
    @kvh22 my midwife pointed out this week that - at 10 weeks - my uterus still has not grown above my pelvic bone. You are 100% right - it is not possible to have an actual baby bump this early. Bloat a-plenty though.
    Lol yes, this! Literally not possible before 12 from what I've read but I don't know everything so good to have that confirmed by an OB at 10 weeks.

@eatinwatermelonseeds lol I know! If I were from the south, I would say "bless your heart" to myself. I was looking at a picture I took at 12 weeks at like 3pm and the bloat is serious but still nothing compared to later.

My OB took out the measuring tape at my 12 week appointment and then was like "oops, not yet." at 16 weeks I had a fundal measurement though so there was some sort of bump!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    haha I also thought I had a bump with my first when in reality you probably couldn't tell I was pregnant until 20-24 weeks
  • Options
    I have a pet stroller story that I am sure we can all agree with...I was shopping once and was in a store with a woman pushing a stroller. I looked in it and it was a pet stroller with about a dozen ferrets. WHY!? It was so creepy.
  • Options
    @liliumstargazer13 Have you ever taken your daughter to hibachi before? We've taken our girls a few times; the first time I was paranoid about the little one (who was somewhere between 1.5-2) getting burnt but it ended up being the most relaxing dinner experience ever. The girls were so entertained, loved the food (we ordered them white hibachi noodles and they picked off our plates), and had a blast. We told them the table was hot and even my incredibly mischievous/ornery second-born never tested it. I would suggest a couple snacks before hand as they got a little antsy seeing food they couldn't quite eat yet.
  • Options
    @imrachellea incredibly mischievous/ornery... 🤔 Do you think if my first born could be described as that I might luck out the second time? 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds So we thought our first was mischievous/ornery...Then the second came along 😧 DD2 gives a whole new meaning to the word and she is totally her daddy's child. I'm not sure what I'll do if that trait increases with each child......
  • Options
    @imrachellea I don't know if I can handle worse behaviors. So, I'm just going to keep telling this baby it's a good good baby and hopefully it'll listen 😂