December 2018 Moms
Options

Check-in 10/9 (EDD 12/1 & earlier - 12/8)

ab_canadaab_canada member
edited October 2018 in December 2018 Moms

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: Yay or nay on Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas presents between you and your SO?

Re: Check-in 10/9 (EDD 12/1 & earlier - 12/8)

• Options
    I feel like our week has slacked off lately, so let's here those updates!

32+3, baby should probably be nearly 4lb by now..

The last week or so I've had adductor pain, which I think means I am getting SPD. Not really sure what to do about it - I have a Dr's appointment next week and will see if they have any suggestions. Still went to the gym today and, oddly, squats didn't hurt (but walking does), so for now I will continue to do things that don't hurt.

We built the crib yesterday  <3 And I also just ordered a few things from Amazon with the "completion discount", so the baby's room is slowly getting stocked with things!

GTKY: Yay or nay on Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas presents between you and your SO?

We sort of ask each other if there is anything we want and go from there. I did surprise DH with the last anniversary because it was a big number (10 years together) but it was in the "small but thoughtful" category. 

• Options

31w6d, baby is the size of asparagus. Which sounds good right now.

I'm so tired all the time and have braxton hicks every day, multiple times a day. I also have started crying over everything which has been fun. I thought I was going to escape this pregnancy with minimal crying compared to the other 2 but it seems like it's going to all come out here in third tri.

Just got my insurance covered breast pump in the mail today and out of the billions of tubs of baby clothes in the basement I narrowed down which are girls clothes so H will be bringing them upstairs tonight for me to start going through.

We like experiences more than material gifts so we try to plan date nights for anniversaries and birthdays but Christmas is always dependent on how much we have left after buying everyone from both sides of the family gifts as well as the kids. We try to keep us last on the list.

Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MDKC14 +1 on the tired.. I am currently trying to sit through the last hour of my work day without falling asleep at the desk.. BH - are you drinking lots of water? I heard that triggers them a bit more..

• Options
    ab_canada said:
    @MDKC14 +1 on the tired.. I am currently trying to sit through the last hour of my work day without falling asleep at the desk.. BH - are you drinking lots of water? I heard that triggers them a bit more..
    Ugh, yes. I fill my old hospital cup up 3 times a day which comes out to 90oz of water per day. At least. I think it's  stress and chasing my two toddlers around. Doc said to rest more but.... Lol, easier said than done.

• Options
    How far along/how big is baby? 31+5, baby feels a lot bigger than he is 
    how are you feeling/new sx? I feel tired. I also have to take Tums frequently not to throw up. I don’t know how much like longer I can run. The runs themselves are fine, but later that night I feel like my hips or back are falling apart. 
    R/r/dd: Work is so busy! It’s not going to get less until maternity leave.
    gtky: gifts with so? Yes to birthday and Christmas. For anniversary it’s usually a dinner if we can organize that and cards (and I always get flowers, so I guess I still get a gift :smile: )
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited October 2018

32 weeks exactly today! Getting close!

I've been feeling really, really exhausted. Mentioned this in appointments, but found out I was borderline anemic 4 weeks ago, and I have since switched from my prenatals with iron to gummies, so I am guessing I'm fully anemic at this point and low iron is why I've been feeling SO very tired. But I just bought a ton of iron rich food at the grocery store and switched back to my prenatals with iron, so I will hopefully feel better soon. Reflux is actually better than it was, which is amazing for third trimester! It still exists but I am in a good rhythm with medication and diet, so I haven't thrown up for weeks. I am having nausea if I don't eat enough or often enough, but it's not as bad as first tri and I'm almost at the finish line, so whatever. It's fine.

Rant: how does every day go by so fast and how do I not get more done? Rave: I currently have pumpkin bread cooking in the oven, and it's making the whole place smell amazing.

Yay! Except, we are always broke around Christmas, since it's my lean time of year, work wise, so we don't do very extravagant presents or anything. But yes, to presents in general! 

@MDKC14 The breast pump thing is on my to do list this week - your post was a good reminder!

@ab_canada Yay for getting the crib together! I think we may do that this weekend or the next. I want to wait until we order the mattress though because I know DD is going to want to "test" it by jumping in it, lol.

• Options

@Activebaby I am impressed you are still managing to run.  Sometimes I feel pretty bad just walking!

31+4, asparagus

An increase in BH like @MDKC14 and some groin pain when walking.  I don't know what is going on with that.  Everything else is about the same (heartburn, sleep, back/hip aches, tiredness).

We generally do very small gifts for Christmas and birthdays, sometimes just making a cake or doing a favor is a gift.  This year I replaced the buttons on a bunch of my husband's pants and made his favorite cake for his birthday.  For our anniversary we have gone on trips both of the past two years.  The first year we just got each other cards and this year I regifted the same card.  That's my plan going forward, to reuse the same anniversary card every year.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

31+3; I've seen that baby is as big as a pineapple at this point

Feeling alright. It doesn't seem like I can walk for as long without starting to feel uncomfortable. (So, I'm also impressed @Activebaby that you are still able to run!)

Nothing at the moment.

GTKY: Yay or nay on Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas presents between you and your SO? Definitely yay. We don't go as big on the gifts for our anniversary, mostly because we usually take a trip every year, so we figured that counts as a gift to each other. 

• Options
    Thanks @whitneyb89 and @kadeephd. I’m going to keep running for as long as I can. My pace and distance have slowed. My runs themselves feel great, and I stretch afterwards, but that night and the next morning (today) is starting to be really painful. I Don’t know how much longer I can keep it up. But I’m happy I’ve made it to 32 weeks. I did minimal running/exercising when pregnant with ds1 or 2. 
  • Options
    @kadeephd I think just about everyone is starting to get groin pain when walking. I am pretty sure it's SPD. From what I understand, just minimize activities that hurt. It feels like a sore muscle to me, so I thought maybe stretching it would help, but apparently that's the opposite of what you should be doing  :#

• Options
    @ab_canada I just looked up SPD -- I hadn't heard of it before.  That sounds like it might be it!  Ugh another lovely pregnancy symptom to deal with for the next 8 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd Lol yup - pregnancy is such a magical time ;)

• Options
    @ab_canada Yay for getting the crib together! That's so fun! And I hope your pain starts to mellow out soon.

@MDKC14 I've been really into asparagus this pregnancy. But - the asparagus pee-smell is no joke! And it's so much worse now than normal!

@maureenmce Sorry to hear about your anemia. It seems like you have a good plan to combat it, though. Hopefully you won't have to move on to iron supplements. And pumpkin bread sounds amazing! Even just to smell it while baking - drool!

@kadeephd Using the same card every year is such a cute idea!! Love it!

32 weeks 4 days! Around 4 lbs - aka, big!

Feeling rundown. Things are starting to catch up with me and I'm finding it hard to keep up. It's getting difficult for me to make it through teaching my 100-minute class twice a week. By the time class is over, I'm exhausted! And I usually have to work afterwards! And there's just so much going on right now between prepping for the baby shower (I've taken on a lot of responsibilities for it b/c my MIL is super stressed), my brother and SIL moving into their new house, getting ready for my cousin's wedding on 11/3, including her shower and bachelorette (which I may skip the bachelorette), etc. I just need a week of vacation, with no plans, so I can sleep and cuddle with my puppy!

Rave - We had our first birthing class last night at the hospital! It was actually really fun and so nice to meet a bunch of other mamas due right around the same time. I loved our instructor! We have the 2nd part of class next Tuesday, and that one includes the tour of the maternity ward - I can't wait! It's getting so REAL!

We do presents for Christmas, definitely. For our anniversary we usually plan a fun date night (although that may difficult this year since we'll have a 1-month old!) and for birthdays we usually cook each other something amazing for dinner and bake something for dessert.

Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @ab_canada So, instead of walking down the street you'll be squating down the street?   :D
    @MDKC14 Good luck with the sorting of baby clothes! I forced myself to do that a couple of weeks ago. Also, magnesium helps when I have non-stop BH
    @activebaby Yes to the aftermath of being active. It's not bad in the moment but later it's excruciating.
    @maureenmce I could definitely go for some pumpkin bread. I made banana bread this weekend and I have to tell myself multiple times I'm only allowed 1 slice a day, lol
    @kadeephd +1 on the groin pain
    @whitneyb89 Were you and hus able to take a trip this year?
    @mag1cbeli3ver Yay for your birthing class!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 32w3d
    How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Not too terrible; sore and feel pretty gigantic
    Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? We went to a hospital tour of the new L&D wing where my OB moved that's opening on Monday. It's gorgeous and I think it will be perfect!  Also, Repeat C is scheduled for 11/26 @ 1:30!
    GTKY: Yay or nay on Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas presents between you and your SO?  Yes to all because we both like buying gifts for each other!

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I sorted by gender last night and then sorted the girls clothes this morning by size. Didn't take as long as I thought because we packed them fairly decently. I had forgotten how I planned ahead for that, haha.

• Options
    texas_t said:
    @ab_canada So, instead of walking down the street you'll be squating down the street?   :D

OMG yes, imagine crab-walking down the street  :D  

That's so awesome that you have your RCS already scheduled! I am such a planner, that the potential 5 week birth window from 37 to 42 weeks is making me uncomfortable. And the thought of potentially going 2 weeks over the EDD does too, since I can't imagine I will feel good at that point..

• Options
    @ab_canada yeah, I was induced at nearly 42 weeks and it's definitely not the best, lol!
    @MDKC14 Your current self said thank you to your old self, I'm sure!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Hey ladies! 

32 + 2. Feeling ginormous. Baby is around 4 lbs and like 16-17 inches long. He's ginormous. I am petrified of the fact that he's only around half his birth weight. Maybe he'll be 6 lbs, 12 ounces like I was? Or will he be 10 lbs like my husband  :#

I'm starting to get the groin/upper thigh pain as well. Heartburn is back with a vengeance. Insomnia has started. Dammit. Complaining aside, I honestly don't feel that bad. I'm lucky that it's been such an easy, low-stress pregnancy and that I work somewhere that gives me some lee-way to work from home and flex my hours as needed. 

R/R/Q/DD?
    I have a breastfeeding class on Saturday. Besides postpartum depression and anxiety, breastfeeding is probably the other thing I'm most nervous about after baby's born. I watched these fantastic videos that have put my mind at ease a bit. YouTuber Ellie and Jared had the lady from Lactation Link on for a 3 video series. I definitely recommend.

GTKY: Presents Anny/Bday/Xmas?
    My husband's love language is gift giving so presents are required in my household. Side note: wish he'd get the memo that my love language is words of affirmation/physical touch. Grr. I typically buy him 3 gifts for any holiday. He gets the most expensive gifts for his birthday. This was our first wedding anniversary so we did the paper thing this year, which was fun. It was cool to have a theme to work with. For Christmas this year, we've decided our gift to one another (and everyone else) is the baby. I spent 9 months making it and wrapping it, so there ya go.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    32 + 6. 4 lbs ish, woo! 

I don't think I have new symptoms - still having random sciatic nerve pains. I am battling a cold, so hopefully that exits quite soon.

R/R/Q/DD?
    Is it Friday yet?
    Loving the new FB group!

GTKY: Presents Anny/Bday/Xmas?
    Nope for us! We try to spend time together for bday & anniversary and for Christmas we spend a morning a few weeks before ordering what we want online. It's really fun because we get what we want & don't spend a lot leading up to that point while we keep what we want in mind.
    We nixed gifts a couple of years ago because we don't want to get things just to get them and end up with trinkets.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mommythlegendmommythlegend member
    edited October 2018

32w + 3d  FL Pomelo, should have an ultrasound next week

Ok, been stressed a few days about lack of movement but she is behaving today

Not really. Ordered my breast pump today! Baby shower Sat. Excited. Can't believe baby girl will be here in 25 days!

Depends how much money we have at the time. When I was working definitely, but now sometimes.

• Options

Ok, been stressed a few days about lack of movement but she is behaving today.

I had the same thing just a couple of days ago, but she perked right up after I ate lunch, so I was able to calm down. I can't imagine being stressed for a few days over it - I would have gone to the doctor by the end of the day.. (although I am in Canada, so I wouldn't be worried about extra charges...)

• Options
    @mommythlegend my 2nd did that. It was over 48 hours so we went in for NST and within 5 minutes of being there she was moving like crazy.  :|

• Options
    Quick question for fellow early Dec due date people - are you waiting to buy any major things until Black Friday or is that cutting it too close for comfort? I really want to try to wait it out for our big ticket items but don't want to be cutting it too close. I was very overdue with my first so I feel like I have plenty of time, but I know that doesn't mean anything this time around!
  • Options
    MDKC14MDKC14 member
    edited October 2018
    @maureenmce The carseat is all that I'm waiting until then to buy. If she comes early we can just run to the store and grab it before we leave the hospital but I'd like to get a good deal on it since I want to buy all 3 at the same time.
    Also, my first was also due Dec. 5th but came a week and a half early so 2 days before Thanksgiving. I'm still comfortable waiting haha

• Options
    @maureenmce I'm a ftm and I think I'm too nervous to wait for the big stuff until Black Friday.  Especially the car seat and a place for baby to sleep -- I want to have those ready to go by 36 weeks, just in case.  I think if you are comfortable waiting though and could figure something out in a pinch like @MDKC14, then go for it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bumping this because I'm just getting to read it.
    @maureenmce I am waiting to buy stuff for black friday/cyber monday, but I don't need any of the stuff I am buying for baby immediately.  (I'm getting a crib mattress, sheets, white noise machine, nipples, etc).  You also want to factor in that depending on where you buy from, sometimes it takes a while for the stuff you buy to come in, since SO many people buy that day.  If you can have a place to sleep and car seat available if baby comes before the stuff does, I say wait. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce I had planned to wait til black Fri, but the Dr bumped my c-section date up to 36 weeks, so I ordered the car seat this week & installed it yesterday. I'll be 34w on Sun.
  • Options
    @mommythlegend
    OMG, this is so soon! I can't believe it's "go time" for so many December mamas <3. You must be very excited!