Options

Weekly EDD Check In: 1/22-1/31 w/o 10/8

ladystout08ladystout08 member
edited October 2018 in January 2019 Moms
EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: What's your favorite Halloween candy?
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly EDD Check In: 1/22-1/31 w/o 10/8

• Options
    1/27

General uncomfortableness; lightning crotch
    I do have to say that over the past 2 weeks I’ve probably felt the best I have all pregnancy. 

I have an appt tomorrow. 

Question: I have a dental cleaning coming up in a few weeks. I know it’s okay to have my teeth cleaned, but is it okay to lay on my back in the chair for that long? It’s something I intend to ask my OB about tomorrow, but I’m also likely to forget. 

Rant: DS climbed to out of his crib for the first time the other night. Nooo. He’s almost 2.5, so I know that’s inevitable, but he’s such a good sleeper in his crib. 

Rave: MIL bought us a convertible car seat for the baby. We still have DS’s infant seat, but will eventually need 2 convertible seats, so yay for that expense being taken care of. 

Fave candy is Reese’s pumpkins  :p
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    1/30

Way too many to rant about right now. All I know is my hands and feet are swollen, my wrists hurt, my pubic bone feels like it's splitting in half and my acid reflux is rearing back up again despite switching meds. My only sort of relief is that the iron is helping my anemia a ton. 

Fetal echo on Friday, another ultrasound next week and see the OB on Halloween. 

I'm not sure I actually have a favorite candy, I'm not a big sweets person. Maybe tootsie pops?

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 I think you’ll be fine. Ask to recline a little less and listen to your body. If it starts to feel weird, ask for a break. Your body will tell you if something is wrong. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    Heeeey there are 31 days in January! Pulling up the rear at 1/31

My tail bone is so sore after sitting at my desk all day. I'm considering bringing my airline neck pillow to sit on at work lol. All the stretch marks on my hips, and also a heat rash covering them which just makes it even more itchy. But for sure, super glowy/radiant. Ha! 

24 week check on Friday, but I think I get to wait another month for my glucose test. Yaaaas

I've been on a weird candy corn kick lately. I got them to fill a cute glass jar by the door and now I can't stop, but I've never really liked them before. Pregnancy eh?

• Options
    Due date is 1/23 and I am still on track.

Just finished our appointment... we had another ultrasound because she was hiding her face at the last one. She was in her favorite position again which is pretty much Child Pose so her head was down and she was covering it with her arm but they were able to see it just long enough to make sure structurally it was fine. She is healthy.

Next appointment is GTT again, they did one early because my dad has diabetes and that one was fine.

Does everyone else have to start going every two weeks in their third trimester? I was informed that it would start after my next appointment.

I second the Reese’s pumpkins, why are the Reese’s shapes just so much better than the regular?
  • Options
    @mtengl I’m pretty sure I don’t go every two weeks until after 36 weeks. It surprised me how late it was last time— I think it’s more common to start going more often sooner than that. But I’m pretty sure I do roughly: 28, 32, 36, 38, 39, 40? I’m actually not sure On the last two because I was induced at 39 last time. And this is all dependent on things staying good like they have been. If my BP acts up, I’ll expect at least some extra appointments for NSTs in there.

@kianarain lol. I suppose there ARE 31
    days in January. :lol:
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @MrsDho11 it seems like their policy but it is more the work issue for me. I can get out early but once I leave two times early in a month I have to take a half day.
  • Options
    mtengl said:
    @MrsDho11 it seems like their policy but it is more the work issue for me. I can get out early but once I leave two times early in a month I have to take a half day.
    That’s very frustrating. I’d ask if you can just go once a month still for a little longer. Or do you have an understanding supervisor who might left you make an exception? :grimace:

• Options
    @MrsDho11 luckily my first two week appointment is thanksgiving week and we are off that week (I work for a school district as administration for child nutrition aka cafeteria). It is December and January that is going to be a pain. My bosses have been understanding so far because I have schedule my appointments for late afternoon after most of the staff leaves for the day and things are calmer. It kind of sucks because I am salary and even though I do work over it doesn’t count towards when I have to leave early.
  • Options
    @mtengl my practice does 1 appt every 4 weeks until 28 weeks. Then 1 appointment every 2 weeks until 36 weeks. Then an appointment every week (36, 37, 38, 39, 40....) Induction at 41.5wks, if you are still pregnant. 

• Options
    EDD? 1/26

Symptoms? 
    Foot pain from joint laxity issues in my arch and ankles. Had this last pregnancy too, sucks. 

Reflux - manageable for now with zamtac and if I am careful not to eat big meals. I expect a steady uptick in reflux until delivery since that happened last time.

Ligament pain in my belly. Things are stretching.

Upcoming appointments? 
    24 wk appointment tomorrow 

R/R/Q: 

Realized today that I am just about 6 mo pregnant and finally was confident enough to wear a dress that highlighted the bump.

Reese's pumpkins ftw
  • Options
    EDD? 
    Jan 23

Symptoms? 
    Super sore in my glutes, hips and legs- I need to start prenatal yoga to help with this!

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next week I have an extended appointment with my CNMs and the glucose screening

R/R/Q: 

I have always had a soft spot for candy corn! Haven't had any yet this year....
  • Options
    @kianarain I guess there are! I'm blaming the face that I had to cut out caffeine completely. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    EDD?
    1/30

Symptoms?
    the nausea/vom/diarrhea saga continues! Zofran did not help, so back to the fake Diglecis + Zantac + Immodium cocktail that seems to be giving the most relief. Definitely feel like the bump hit a growth spurt this week too. Making the cool umbilical hernia I apparently have even more sticky-outtie (actual belly button still innie). Sleep quality is getting way worse (I track on Fitbit) which adds to the amazing exhaustion. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Just had one yesterday -- all good. Got a flu shot. Next up is GTT! 

R/R/Q: 
    Just excited that it's finally cooled down here (KY) -- the forecast has a high of less than 70 degrees for the next week+! Also excited that we have a baby shower trip next weekend (to AL), then maternity photos, then another baby shower, then it'll be Thxgiving, Christmas... woot! Excited for time to pass more quickly, I'm ready for baby time! 

Duh, Reese's pumpkins. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    EDD? 
    1/24

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn game is on fire lately (pun intended).

Upcoming appointments? 
    In two weeks! When I hit 27 weeks, apparently that appt will be at least an hour long. I’m getting a Tdap shot, flu shot, and the glucose test. 

R/R/Q: 
    Add me to the “I love cooler weather” team. It’s the last day in the 70s and starting tomorrow, it’ll stay right around 60s. I’m washing my sweaters and leggings today bc guess what I’m doing this weekend? Being extra basic wearing them out to the Farmer’s market and pumpkin patch. You bet I’ll have a tall PSL extra hot in my hand too! 

I’m also addicted to shopping for baby boy clothes. At first, I felt so lost and kept going to the girl’s section but now I’m beginning to love these suspenders, plaid shirts, etc. 

Hard to pick just one but Reese’s cups and 100 Grand are high up there on my list!
  • Options
    EDD? 1/26

Symptoms?  Sore hips, feet, back. 

Upcoming appointments?  Glucose test Tuesday the 16th US 10/30

R/R/Q: Rant: I hate that people feel like need to comment on the size of my bump. Usually it’s that a look to small to be jue in January. 

Rave: my snoogle. I love this pillow, it honestly helps me sleep better and more soundly. Except for when LG uses my bladder as s pillow or punching bag. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Halloween candy?   Halloween specific would definitely be candy corn, even tho I can’t eat much of it. Non holiday candy is m&ms PLAIN.  😍
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I keep having people tell me I am so small for 25 weeks... I have gained 20 lbs there is a belly there and I do not feel small.
  • Options
    EDD? 1/27

Symptoms?  I. Cant. Sleep. Im literally just a walking zombie. I took benadryl one night this week and that helped a little, but i seriously just want to sleep. And eat carbs.

Upcoming appointments? Next friday i have my glucose test and a regular prenatal visit. Ill only be 26 weeks but im going to see if theyll give me my tdap then too. Got my flu shot this week!

GTKY: What's your favorite Halloween candy? So glad to see other candy corn fans... Im at work right now but im literally thinking about walking to the cvs across the street to get myself a bag of candy corn
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 - ugh. I'm sorry. I'm on the opposite side of that where people clearly think my bump is to big. Either way, it feels shitty, and people need to shut their damn mouths and not comment on the bodies of pregnant women!

• Options
    I feel your pain, @MrsDho11! Being on the shorter side (5'2") where is the bump supposed to go? People just get wide eyed and tell me they feel sorry for me. I'm like well, there are a multitude of reasons to pity me, but this ain't one of them :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    wkuandrea said:
    I feel your pain, @MrsDho11! Being on the shorter side (5'2") where is the bump supposed to go? People just get wide eyed and tell me they feel sorry for me. I'm like well, there are a multitude of reasons to pity me, but this ain't one of them :)
    Yeah, I don't know what my deal is. I'm pretty average height, though with long legs for my height. I've gained a lot this time and my bump is definitely bigger than last time. But at the same time my pants haven't really gotten any tighter in non-bump areas, so I feel like it's mostly bump and boobs, so like *shrug*. It is what it is, and the people who comment on it are thoughtless dicks.

• Options
    mtengl said:
    @ms_stevens87 I keep having people tell me I am so small for 25 weeks... I have gained 20 lbs there is a belly there and I do not feel small.
    I’ll be 25 weeks tomorrow. Same thing. People always telling me how small I look. How about, if people feel the need to comment just tell us how beautiful we look. Not that we are to big or small. 
  • Options
    MrsDho11 said:
    @ms_stevens87 - ugh. I'm sorry. I'm on the opposite side of that where people clearly think my bump is to big. Either way, it feels shitty, and people need to shut their damn mouths and not comment on the bodies of pregnant women!
    People should understand that each woman’s body is different and we will carry and show differently. I’m almost 5’8 so I have plenty of torso area. But anybody who knows me knows I’ve been “small framed “ as long as I can remember. So they can definitely tell 
  • Options
    I got kind of annoyed the other day because I have been mainly wearing dresses (all about the comfort) but the other day I wore maternity pants and a shirt that showed off my bump and everyone at work kept telling me how much better that outfit was on me compared to the dresses. 
  • Options
    @mtengl ugh how annoying and rude!
  • Options
    @mtengl why on earth?! Ugh. People.