Week 1 (due 4/1-4/7) check in w/o 10/8

lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
edited October 2018 in April 2019 Moms

ETA: Stolen from @mrstmoose/ M19!

Due date/Weeks: 

Any appointments? Questions?

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do?

Re: Week 1 (due 4/1-4/7) check in w/o 10/8

• Due date/Weeks:

4/2/19, 15 weeks

No appointments until next week. No questions.

Rants/Raves?

It's still 85 degrees here. Get your shit together, Ma Nature.

How are you feeling?

Overall pretty good. I'm still tired, but it's manageable.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do?

We have told family. I may never announce on social media.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Due date/Weeks: 4/2, 15+0

Yes, later this week, I don’t even know what for. I am so lost.

Rants/Raves?

I’m digging my ability to pull together healthy meals this week, even if lunch has been two Klondike bars and a chunk of feta.

How are you feeling? 

Tired...wish I had slept in more or woken up less in the night. While I was awake, my nose was really runny, but it’s totally dried up. 

No, I think I just want a family photo with an extra pumpkin in front of my belly, but that’ll be hard to pull off since DH is less into that stuff than me. Also we need to tell our parents first.

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/Weeks: 

April 2 (although my most recent ultrasound bumped me to March 30, my midwife and I decided to stick with April 2)

None for two weeks.

Rants/Raves?

One of my relatives had a weird reaction to me chatting about the different testing we have done that really set me off. 

My aunt asked how things were going. I explained that I was generally feeling better, nausea and fatigue are lessening, but I was a little frustrated because there has been some drama with different ultrasounds/tests we have had done. Nothing crazy but when the results from my first ultrasound came back when my family physician (who has obstetric training) was away and the doctor covering for her (does not have obstetric training) misread the results and incorrectly told me I was at a high risk of miscarriage. Got corrected but wasn't fun at the time. Now, the NIPT results have come back inconclusive twice, which is also  stressful but my NT ultrasound and EFTS bloodwork were all normal. So I haven't had the ideal experience with testing but all signs indicate I shouldn't worried. I had a pity party for about a day or two in each case and then moved on with it.

As I tell her this story my aunt starts grilling me as to "Why are you even having these tests? Do you really need them? If they stress you out you should just stop doing them and see what happens! The stress has to be worse for the baby! Stop having testing done!" This totally came out of nowhere, from someone who is generally pretty supportive, very data/information driven like myself (and someone very pro-choice whom I would expect to have my back if the worse case scenario did happen and we chose to terminate due to severe health issues.) I get that she doesn't like seeing me stressed but berating me for choosing testing didn't help my stress at all. Also, it is not like I am living with chronic harmful stress, like I said, I was stressed for a day or two and then decided to move forward.

How are you feeling? 

Pretty good, nausea is abating and while I am still going to bed at 8:30 each day I no longer feel like death during the day.

We have told family, friends and co-workers but I can't see us doing a party or social media announcement. I am not loving my body right now so I can't imagine taking and sharing a bump photo and I feel like the only people who would actually want to see an ultrasound photo are close friends and family with whom I have already shared our 12 week image.

• @lyse01 I was really happy last week to have both the energy to make health meals again and the appetite to keep them down. Crossing my fingers that the trend continues for this.
  • Due date/Weeks: April 7/14+2

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment is in a couple of weeks. Anybody else feel like they're almost not pregnant at this point, with first trimester stuff mostly gone (not entirely) but not really feeling the baby, either? I'm half unsure if this is normal and it's making me kind of anxious.

Rants/Raves? See above. I hate allergy season and I'm ready for it to be over. Also, trying to figure out how to calm down a control freak who is in my life that is also making me anxious.

How are you feeling? Alright, I definitely had two lunch portions today because I was starving. Having trouble sleeping but mostly because my allergies are so severe and I'm not sure what I can take, my midwife hasn't given me a valid solution so I'm just suffering through. Have round ligament pain every now and then, but nausea and fatigue has largely subsided.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? Family knows, close friends and coworkers know. We made a little image announcement thing we shared with the family and will probably post on social media some time soon.

• s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited October 2018

Due date/Weeks: April 2nd/ 15 + 0 ❤

Any appointments? Questions? I have a 16 week appointment next week. I will have a glucola test and normal urine analysis. Is the glucola test done more than once during pregnancy, or only one time? I have PCOS if that makes a difference.

Rants/Raves? A couple weeks ago I mentioned a uti. I since took medication and had a follow-up appointment. And I have either another uti or it never completely resolved. I'm embarrassed about it, but I have been so diligent in the restroom that I'm not convinced it's due to improper wiping. 🤷‍♀️

How are you feeling? No pain from the UTIs, thankfully. But I'm concerned because I haven't been able to tell I have one so I guess I'll need to make appointments to check on it every couple weeks. At least that's what my doctor wants for now to make sure I don't develop a kidney infection. Thank God for prenatal urine samples 😅 I still have mild daily headaches. Do any of you have daily headaches as well?

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? My husband and I are announcing face-to-face so our families know (we've made out-of-state trips to tell my family), his coworkers know, most of our friends know, and others will know when we send out invites. We are not on social media and we chose to announce face-to-face because we like to see the reaction. We dealt with infertility for some time before our surprise pregnancy and we were very open with everyone about our infertility so that's why we've chosen to do it this way.

@happymoni21 I'm sorry to hear about the stress from others right now. Funny how the people who tell you not to stress are sometimes the ones that cause it. I am in the same boat with you on bedtime.

@lyse01 I think your pumpkin idea is very nice!

@aggie0812 Some days I feel that way. DH and I use an at home Doppler once a week which helps make it more real. :-) My pregnancy has been largely uneventful. Aside from the ultrasounds and Doppler, I think I would still be questioning the existence of my LO.

@BarefootContessa I cannot wait for the weather to be <70°! 

• @mighty_montgomery I’m expecting two glucose tests - one already happened due to BMI (passed with flying colors), and then another around 27/28 weeks.
  • @loveanddatadriven How is the car situation- are you still down a car? DH has ordered a couple parts to hopefully get his car running again. We don't know if the new parts correspond with the root issue and my dear, sweet husband will not take the car to a shop so who knows how long we'll be down a car. *nervous laugh*

@gollygeeitsamy The Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box came on Monday. I wasnt able to include a picture of the contents so here is a list of the brands and their samples. I think it was worth it but not everyone has the same opinion and not every box is the same.
    Carter's: plain white 3-6m bodysuit
    Seventh Generation: several coupons, 10 wipes, and 5 size 1 diapers
    Dr Brown's: 8oz Options bottle with slow flow nipple and 1 0-3m blue pacifier
    Amazing Baby: white muslin swaddle with grey palm trees
    Johnson's: 1.7oz head-to-toe body wash/shampoo
    Mama Bear: 2 size 1 diapers
    Philips Avent: Breastfeeding guide, 1 pair of daytime nipple pads, and 1 pair of night time nipple pads
    Honest: fragrence free shampoo and body wash 0.75oz, fragrance free lotion 0.75oz
    Moon and Back: white with grey elephants organic cotton short-sleeve 3-6m bodysuit
    Huggies: 56 natural care one-wipe-at-a-time wipes
  •  @mighty_montgomery Thanks for asking! We had to get it fixed at the shop. There were some broken sensors that totally busted the alternator. It was so painfully expensive. :s But we only have one car, so had to be done. We're actually on the hunt for a new car right now because of the whole situation. Who knows when it'll break again? Hopefully your DH can fix your car himself! That'll save you a bunch of cash and earn your DH some serious husband points.
  • Due date/Weeks: April 2, 15 weeks!

Any appointments? Questions? I have my next OB appt next week, first appt with midwife at birth center the following week. @mighty_montgomery does the in home Doppler work? I just downloaded an app to hear the baby’s heartbeat, but it didn’t work... prob too early. Also have been trying to feel her kick, but not with much success yet. Anyone else had luck on that front yet?

Rants/Raves? I’m glad to be over my cold, def have more energy and less nausea. (Although still get hit by sudden nausea if I forget to eat for a while).

I’m grateful for my friend who just had a baby and gave me all of her maternity clothes- they are so comfy. Still having beginning of hemorrhoids.. not fun but have found that sitz baths help a lot. Hopeful now that I can manage the symptoms and reduce the problem. 

How are you feeling? Good!

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? I’m telling everyone in person/letting word of mouth travel. It was so fun to announce to all my colleagues at a work meeting, I told my immediate family a while ago, find it hard not to share. I’m not planning a social media announcement until maybe the birth...

• @mighty_montgomery thank you for the list! I think I would use almost all of the things you mentioned.  I guess I'll have to wait to buy something off my registry to get the box. Also, I think most people only have 1 glucose test unless there is cause to have more than 1.  The drink tasted like Gatorade to me during my last pregnancy so it was easy for me. I noticed that if I don't drink enough water throughout the day that I get a headache, so try upping your water intake to see if it helps with headaches. And if you work in an office, you might want to see if you can put up a fluorescent light filter on any overhead lights near you. And don't be embarrassed about the UTI situation, the last time I got one it took 2 round of antibiotics to clear it up and then I got a yeast infection.  The joys of being a woman. 

@laurainoakland I have felt the baby kick maybe 2-3 times in the past week or so.  If you're a FTM then you probably need to wait another week or so.  But if you think you are feeling flutters and you're sure it's not gas then it's probably baby. Also, for hemorrhoid I really liked using witch hazel pads (you can get them at the pharmacy) so they may help you as well. 

Due date/Weeks: 4/5 - 14w + 5d

Any appointments? Questions? I had an appointment this morning, I'm so happy to hear baby's strong heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves? It's finally supposed to be below 80 degrees this weekend.  Hallelujah! 

How are you feeling? Most of my energy has come back and I feel like a normal person again.  I noticed I still feel nauseous in the morning if I forget to take unisom before bed. 

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? We've told family, friends, and co-workers.  We'll probably wait till sometime in November to do social media after we find out boy or girl. We have family pictures in early November but I'm going to try to think of something cute. 

• @gollyfeeitsamy I'm a 2nd time mom, but still not feeling much yet... Oh well, it is still early days! Looking forward to that next appointment :) Glad everything is going well for you!

• Due date/Weeks: 15 + 3

Any appointments? Questions? Last appointment was 10/5, it went well.  The meatball's heart rate was 152.  Got the order for my 1 hour glucose test, not looking forward to that.  Next appointment is 11/2, and then we'll go back 2 weeks after that for the anatomy scan.  

Rants/Raves? Nothing either way.  I've been kind of blah lately.  Not depressed by any means, just unmotivated to work, clean, whatever.  All I want to do is lay around and read or watch tv (which is not an unusual thing for me)

How are you feeling? Pretty good, just tired/lazy.  I've noticed that while everyone else is saying their hormones are crazy and they cry at everything, I get mean.  I've called people names that I never use.  However, I think I'm starting to get to the random crying phase.  Crying over something that  I wouldn't usually cry over, and then holding a grudge against my husband for 3 days.  

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? We announced to family and friends at our housewarming party.  As I said in the why are you crying thread, I was upset because my DH doesn't want me to announce on social media.  I'm still pissed...I feel like I'm growing this kid, it should be my choice.  If I want it out there, then I should be able to put it out there, but since he's so against it I'm not.  And I'm bitter. 

• Due date/Weeks: April 7th, 14 weeks 

Any appointments? Questions? Not this week 

Rants/Raves? Insurance. I lost my job in late September and had to get Medicaid. They make it nearly impossible for the honest person to get benefits.

How are you feeling? Meh, still feeling pretty tired and not able to eat much. My migraines have kept me feeling crappy too. Their always worse when I’m pregnant. 

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? I have not. My fiancé is out of town on business and doesn’t know what baby is yet. I’ve ordered a onesie with baby boys name on it and I’m going to give it to him when he gets home. We’re going to have family pictures done and include our announcement in those for everyone else. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Hi guys! New to posting here. 

Due date/Weeks: 4/1

Any appointments? Questions? Next appt is 10/30. I found out at my 12 week US that I have several placental lakes, which can be an early indication of accreta. They said it is too soon to know for sure, so I am trying not to worry about it, but it’s hard not to be a little scared (accreta can cause severe bleeding after birth and often is treated with a hysterectomy 😢)

Rants/Raves? I am so over working right now. And I work so much (I’m a lawyer- poor life choices). Just want a week to be lazy so badly. 

How are you feeling? Ok other than hating work, pretty great.

GTKY: Have you made your pregnancy announcement? If so, what did you do and if not, what are you planning to do? We told friends and family slowly/ as we saw them. I’m totally “out” at work, but my bump is huge right now, so didn’t have much of a choice there. I sent my family and friends this pic of a pie we made to announce the gender. 

• I've been posting in week 2, but my due date got changed so here I am! 

Due date/Weeks: 4/7

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment is 10/17

Rants/Raves? eh, not really.. 

How are you feeling? Still insanely tired, and still getting sick. I keep telling myself, I'm out of the first trimester so I should be feeling great! WRONG. I feel like I'm almost there, though. 

Yes! I took a picture of DS in a "brother shark" shirt holding a "baby shark" onesie. Our last name is Moore and with DS we announced with "Adding one Moore" so we did with DD this time around! If I could figure out how to blur our DSs face i would upload the pic..  :|