MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
edited October 2018 in May 2019 Moms

This thread is for those due May 1 - 7

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? 

(GTKY from April 2019 board.)

Re: Group 1 Check-in - Week of 10/8

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/5 10+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Any appointments? Questions?: No appt until the 30th, but I will be scheduling my Progenity test soon so hopefully I will know the sex in a few weeks!

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I just found out that my current employer will only pay out 60% of my salary while I am on leave. Don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful that I get paid leave at all, but thinking about being short that much each month makes me super nervous! H and I are going to sit down and talk about how we can save better to prepare. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Finally over my cold which really helped make me feel better. I'm nauseated all day, but it's definitely manageable. I have gained like 6 lbs. already though which really sucks. So hard not to eat all time!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a radiologist! I would even study the books and stuff since my mom had a bunch of them. It was my dream to go to Stanford. Reality was I was too poor for my parents to help me pay for college and they had such shitty credit that we couldn't get much for loans. I went to a state school to major in Biology and ended up having to drop out due to out of pocket expenses. Fast forward 13 years and I am a manager at a cyber security company. I've been in management for nearly 5 years and I LOVE it. I never ended up going back to school so I just started at an IT company when I was 21 and worked my way up to where I am. I try not to be embarrassed about my lack of formal education, but I think I have worked my ass off and made a name for myself so I am proud of my accomplishments! Wow, that turned into a novel. Sorry lol.  

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited October 2018

Thanks for starting, @MaggieG183!

Due date/W+D: 5/2, 10+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry/Golden Snitch

Any appointments? Questions?:  NIPT bloodwork this week.  Not sure what to expect at the consult.

Rants/Raves?:  I told my work today.  My heart was in my throat.  

How are you feeling?: So. Tired.  Sometimes ravenous, sometimes nauseated, always weepy.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now?  I wanted to be a doctor.  I can't even touch raw meat when I cook, so I don't think I would have done well with any open wound anything.  I now am an attorney in-house for an outpatient psychiatric facility, and for a few years I did hospital malpractice defense.  I think that's as close as I ever want to be to being a doctor, but I have the upmost respect for anyone in the medical field - those are some HARD jobs.

ETA: @zuuls_mom That sounds like such an interesting field!  I'm not even sure what cyber security entails, but I would imagine with all the developments going on today you have your hands full!

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/3, 10w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels Sprout

Any appointments? Questions?: debating genetic testing, if we do that I’ll have another appt soon, otherwise we had an ultrasound Thursday, everything was looking great. Our next appt isn’t until nov 2nd

Rants/Raves?: mil is here today taking care of ds who has hand foot mouth. I’m grateful she’s here but also constantly irritated by her, soooo

How are you feeling?: okay, nausea off and on, eating everything in site

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? A vet! I’m not, I didn’t think I could handle surgeries but I’m regretting that choice now a bit!

• Options

Due date/W+D: due 5/5

Baby is the size of a(n): paperclip

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an OB appointment on Thursday (and hopefully a hematologist appointment soon too, since my blood sucks)

Rants/Raves?: Today DH and I both had the day off of work, and both girls still had school/daycare. It was good just to hang out and spend some one-on-one time together. Definitely a rare occurrance.

How are you feeling?: I was pretty gross this week, but feeling better today. I just finished a course of antibiotics, so I wonder if some of those exacerbated symptoms were side effects of the antibiotic.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? When I was really little, I wanted to be a secretary because that's what my grandma was and I thought it was very glamorous. When I was a tween, I wanted to be a marine biologist and then an astronaut. When I was a high schooler, I decided I would probably like to teach English, and that is what I do now. 

kids with flags
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 4, 10w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat. or a lego man

Any appointments? Questions?: tomorrow! Finally! It's an hour and a half first appointment with my midwife and I kind of can't wait to see her again. My midwives were awesome last time.

Rants/Raves?: We just had a pretty great Thanksgiving weekend, but I am getting so sick of feeling sick. I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on some nausea medication tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: Awful. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? At one point I said I wanted to be an architect, but mostly I just thought architectural drawings looked cool and didn't really understand what they do. And then I wanted to be a vet because my best friend wanted to be a vet and she had this plan that we would get a house together and the third floor was where we would keep all the sick animals. By high school, I actually developed my own plans and wanted to be an anthropologist for a long time. And... now I'm a librarian. You could probably draw some parallels, but really, I'm no where close to any of those plans. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options

Due date/W+D: 9w+6

Baby is the size of a(n): some cute little North American blue butterfly.

Any appointments? Questions?: TOMORROW!  I cannot wait!  I have a sub starting at 12:30 and I have a massage scheduled before the appt to help me relax. DH will be flying in from Ohio at 1:09, which is a total surprise to both of us as we both thought (because DH is sooooo great at writing down important dates...) that he was flying in on Wednesday.  I'm thrilled that he will be there for the US and then after, when I meet with my midwife, he will go pick up DS.

Rants/Raves?: One of my students decided it would be funny to prank call me Saturday night.  I'm glad I don't sleep with my phone in the bedroom, but I was super frustrated all day long that I had to address the issue that prank calling your teacher is a "no-no".  I haven't had to deal with this sort of thing for a while so I'm a bit testy about it all.  I'm hoping tomorrow afternoon's appointment will help me level out a bit.

How are you feeling?: So freaking tired.  It's really throwing me for a loop today.  I could have crawled underneath my desk and slept all afternoon should that be acceptable for a teacher. Also super gross feeling, nausea is hitting hard today.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a pilot when I was really little or an astronaut.  Then when I was in middle and high school, I wanted to be a teacher.  Weirdly enough, while it took me forever to become one - went to college for mechanical engineering, changed to German Language and graduated, lived in Germany for 4 years, ski instructed and landscaped after that for 3 years, and then finally went back to school to become a teacher - I'm now in my 7th year and LOVE it!  I know, had I started right out of high school, I wouldn't have been the teacher I am today.

• Options

Due date/W+D: I'm actually due 4/29 but it could feasibly fall into the first week of May.  I'm 11 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): My app said a fig

Any appointments? Questions?: Finally had one!!  All is well with wiggly baby!

Rants/Raves?: Not really...I didn't want to put pants on this morning but had to come to work so...there's that

How are you feeling?: Pretty good.  I'm trying to eat healthy to maintain whatever energy I can...I failed miserably this past weekend and there's still cake in my kitchen. Better luck next week?   :#

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a veterinarian until I realized that they had to put animals down and that, sometimes, animals die in their care.  I realized I couldn't handle that.  I do, however, own a dog bakery so I guess my love for animals still resonates.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Due date/W+D:  5/4, 10w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry?

Any appointments? Questions?: Had genetic counseling and high-risk OB on monday. Got to see and hear the HB. In two weeks, I'll have the 12 week NT U/S and another OB appointment on the same day.

Rants/Raves?: My parents are here and can they just move in already? Besides that we don't have an extra bedroom for them and they're sleeping on an air mattress on the floor...they are so helpful. Hands on with DD. My dad has done almost everything on my to-do list around the house and in the yard. My mom cooks and cleans so much. I told her I wanted to help her last night but gravity was too strong, and she was like "don't worry about it, just rest." <3 

How are you feeling?: Nausea is dying down. I'm a little less tired than usual.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?  Are you anything close to that now? I wanted to be a teacher and then a doctor. I'm kind of a dr now (but PhD, not MD), but I don't do any teaching.

Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz I feel ya on the parent part.  My parents live in the same town as us and they have been lifesavers lately while DH was out of town.  His parents were also in town for 10 days ending mid-last week and they finished all the odds and ends jobs I've been trying to even pretend to tackle for the last 6 months.  I'm so glad they are so supportive for you.  This first trimester fatigue is no joke!