April 2019 Moms

UO 10/4 Unpopular Opinions

2»

Re: UO 10/4 Unpopular Opinions

• @kosmo86 I hadn’t thought about that! I’m sure our situation could change eventually with a kid in the mix. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kateriee Congrats on your sobriety! My DH has 5+ years, my MIL has 20 months, my BIL has almost 9 months, and my SIL has 6 months. Phew. I'm surrounded by sober people. I agree. If I'm hungover, it's my own damn fault and I need to suck it up. (Although I probably would never admit that to DH). A hangover is a choice.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @Kateriee that’s a popular opinion.
  • lyse01 said:
    @Kateriee that’s a popular opinion.

Basically common sense. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • a bump-related UO (although it appears this might have changed?) - I strongly disagreed with the bump day pic rule requiring people to wear pants and / or a shirt.  Major flaming would happen if someone posted in their undies.  It was shameful.  This was back in F16...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sheslikeasunburn eh, I don’t really like to see bump selfies in undies in the bathroom mirror. It feels very voyeurish, especially when posted on the internet. Now, bikini bump pics on the beach I can get behind, or undie pics for yourself wherever you feel like. The judgement is not that they’re taken, it’s mostly where I’m seeing them.
  • @lyse01 thank you for your explanation.  I disagree, which is why it is my UO!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sheslikeasunburn, oops.  Does that mean I broke bump rules when I posted my bare belly pic instead of covered by a shirt?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt i didn't see it as a rule in this group!  Show off that bump  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kateriee yes if more than one person is under the weather, and one person did it to themselves, the actually sick person should win. And congrats to you on sobriety!

If only one person is hungover and the other person feels fine, and it doesn't happen very often, it's SO nice to pamper or be pampered. DH and I go all out bringing the Gatorade and the remote to the incapacitated person. Those days are probably over for good... Hangovers won't work with babies running around the house!
  • This feels like an unpopular opinion, but I actually like when people touch my bump. I think I’m an affectionate person so it doesn’t bother me. However, this only applies to people I know I wouldn’t like if a creepy old man came up and rubbed my bump 
  • @hcr0322 I agree I like when people I know and care about me touch my bump, makes me feel loved and like are interested & care about my baby. I’ve never had a stranger try to touch my belly (STM), probably because of my scowl face and don’t mess with me attitude lol!