Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - October 2018

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - October 2018

• @safire3 and @mtpbadger Be kind to yourselves and know that the first few days/weeks are tough. But you will get through it. To this day DH and I still scheme how I can stay home with our boy. My biggest fear was that he would forget I was his mama. But he knows, oh boy, does he know that I am the Mama!
    I really do feel that being away from my son during the day makes me really treasure the time I do spend with him after work and on the weekends. I can see how SAHM's can burn out quickly...it's a tough job! 
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Thanks @latershrader! I know it’ll be harder on me than her, I just feel so guilty leaving her and that’s something I have to learn to deal with. DH has said we’d be able to swing it if I really wanted to stay home so if it does end up not being the right decision (or my commute becomes longer than it is now) I feel better having that in my back pocket. I think I’d also feel guilty quitting my job - I worked hard to get a masters degree and work for the government so it’s hard to give up the benefits, even though I don’t love my job. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mtpbadger - I know that song and dance well right now - not a fan of your job, want to be home but "giving up" what you worked for prior to becoming a mother is difficult. You aren't alone! I'm only back at my current job because it's close to the current daycare and fertility clinic since we want a second. I feel the same way and while I can't quit my job, I consider taking the extended mat leave Canada offers if we have a second child and worry about the money and likely 'falling behind' at work. See how things go - you may want to opt to find a new job, or stay home, honestly you aren't giving anything up either way. Abigail will be in full time school, older one day - you can always go back to work at that time if you left, it's just change. If you're successful now, you will be later - It's a personality trait!! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I hate this teeth crap. Seriously, I'm so glad that our babies will not remember getting their first set of teeth. I hate seeing Parker in pain because of this and with his teeth, the top ones seem to take a few weeks to come in, going up and then back down. I've given him more Tylenol or Advil than I ever planned to but I feel so bad for him. We've been co sleeping through the tough teething rather than getting up to comfort him a ton of times in the night...then I just get super attached and get up set when he's not sleeping with me lol Can't win.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @jwatt thank you, it’s nice to know I’m not alone! I also feel like weve gotten into such a good groove and am much more confident going out and breastfeeding in public and now it’ll be back to pumping more. At least I’ll have extra breaks at work bc of it.  Parker (and you!). I’m dreading when Abigail starts getting her teeth. She had her first minor cold and it just about broke my heart hearing her stuffed up. 

Girl wants to be on the move now! Loves to rock when sitting on laps, prefers to be standing and keeps trying to get her knees under her during tummy time. I’m not ready for her to be growing up so quickly!! I’m thinking she’ll be ready to start solids here in a few weeks. 
  • @mtpbadger It's hard going back to work, whether or not you love your job. Hating or not liking your job just makes it worse! I eased into it, by starting her at daycare the week before I went back. That way, i could get used to the new routine without the pressure of work. I bawled sending her the first few days. But she loves it there. Gives hugs to her teachers, waves at her friends, and babbles about her day at night. 
  • @mtpbadger I feel you on the getting into a good groove. Although I have to warn you this first year goes by so fast that that sensation of things changes and re-finding a new normal seems to be happening every three or four weeks. Going back to work was one of the harder changes, I'll be sending good thoughts to you and all the new mamas working through this.

@JWatt5 +1 to teething pains. Both of them were up multiple times on Sunday night. I'm feeling especially bad for our little boy as it seems he's going to get the top four all at the same time. :'(
  • @stella_700 all 4 to teeth at once sounds like torture!! Poor little guy
  • Teeth are the worst! We co-slept through those last ones too, as well as the bad cold a few weeks ago. I miss the snuggles but lucky for me (or not haha) Graham has been waking at 4am since his cold and won’t sleep till he’s passed out on top of me. I’m definitely his pacifier ;) 

@JWatt5 <3 if you’re successful now, you will be later.. needed that! I freelance as a graphic designer and stepped even more back after having Graham. I’m totally the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” - I have mom guilt if I work more and same when I step back. I just have to trust that my clients picked me for a reason and that I’ll pick it back up again when it’s the right season. I toy with a totally different profession too... just hoping things all fall into place when the time comes. Good luck to the mamas heading back to work soon!! I worked in daycare and 110% promise those babies will be so loved - by teachers and kids and everyone there. <3
  • @2MomsHoping amazon (prime) is the best! I am so glad most things arrive before DH gets home from work because between amazon and target, he'd be cutting me off haha.

@mtpbadger oh my gosh, solids!  will you start with cereal, fruits or veggies?  We just had her 4 month check up last week and my pediatrician said we can start any time between 4-6 months, but she recommended I start at 5 months and I am excited but also sad she is growing up that fast.  I gave her a tiny taste of banana this morning when I was making my smoothie and her eyes lit up.  
  • @Aera11 Mackenzie LOVES banana. Would eat nothing but bananas, but they constipate her if she has them more than one day a week. It's her favorite day at daycare when she gets them. Hahaha

@2MomsHoping Amazon is amazing and terrible. Amazing, because you can get everything you never knew you needed. And terrible because it's so ready to spend money. Haha. We have the basics set up on subscribe and save. Diapers, wipes, diaper genie refills, makes it so easy!
  • @aera11 at Abigail’s 4 month she wasn’t quite ready (I figured as much since she was 7 weeks early) but in the last week her head control has gotten so much better and she’s really starting to watch us eat more now. I’m not sure what I’ll start with...from what I’ve read you don’t really need to start with cereal but it seems the easiest to gauge how ready she is. Might start with avocado, banana or sweet potato. It’s gonna be a whole new world! It makes me sad and excited too. If it were up to my DH, she wouldn’t start solids for another few months lol. He is having a really hard time with how fast she’s growing up! But he’s also way more on board with talking about baby #2 now too lol 
  • @persnickity how can they not love a banana? after months of just milk, I'd be excited for pretty much anything else too haha.  Yeah I have heard they can constipate them so I should keep that in mind for sure.

@mtpbadger yeah I don't think Aisleigh is ready...plus, I don't have spoons or any of the feeding gear for her.  I read that too; I think you can start with whatever you're comfortable with; my pediatrician said I could do cereal, fruit or veggies...but to pick for example bananas, do them for 3 days, then add in something else.  I am not sure what I will do.  My DH is the same, isn't that funny!  He was like, I want her to wait til at least 6 months and I have no idea why.  He has done zero reading about the first year so it's not like he is basing it off of anything...I think he just doesn't want her to grow up.  That's exciting that he's on board with thinking about #2!  Mine is the same, again :) haha.  I think he didn't realize how much he could love her or a baby, having never been around one.  I am actually going to meet with a new RE thursday to talk about egg freezing.  I want to enjoy Aisleigh but I also know with my egg quality, time isn't on my side.
  • We have all the stuff but I need to find it. I read about the 3 day thing too, to make sure if they have a reaction you know what it’s from. I told DH we need to start getting her used to the high chair and he keeps saying not yet. He wants her to stay little forever! So do I but each day and each new development is so much fun too! 
  • @mtpbadger - we started with avocado and sweet potatoe. Introduce banana and sweet potatoe slowly - they are known for causing a bit of constipation. We kept some prunes on hand just in case - and then needed them lol. Mango is another good one to give. DH said the high chair made Parker seem so big too. I had soooo much fun with BLW with Parker! When we took him on vacation to Mexico when he was 7.5 Months he tried a ton - even lobster! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @mtpbadger I agree, each new milestone is so much fun!  She's close to being able to sit in her bumbo so I probably should get a high chair soon! Time to research more baby gear. 
  • We started Bryson right after his 4 month with some rice cereal, apples and peaches tonight. He loves the peaches. He is teething now the past couple days. Feel so bad for him. :( 
    We love amazon here too. Just got his high chair on the porch from amazon as well as some natural teething stuff and some other crap. I think I get things in the mail a couple times a week now. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @JWatt5 we didn’t do BLW but both kids went very quickly to self feeding pieces within a month or two. But it’s the BEST, graham literally stole my cheeseburger tonight. Crazy to think he had his first food 5 months ago (sweet potato) and now he’s stealing all my meals. My daughter is SO picky but used to eat everything under the sun so I’m determined to ignore Graham if he doesn’t like a food haha. YOU WILL EAT IT haha (kidding kind of)

@mtpbadger I put it off with Graham till 6 months only for a trip (so much easier to travel with just formula/boobs) but my hubby was the same, had a hard time with that milestone. It’s so fun though! Especially now when we can all eat together. 

• @mtpbadger
    I just started doing solids consistently each day after her 6 month appt two weeks ago -- before that, we had some cereal in the formula for reflux and occasionally did a fruit puree for fun. I really like the pouches; quick to throw away and easy to pour into her little bowls. We got a bunch of baby bowls and spoons -- some of the bowls have little suction cups on the bottom so we can stick them on her tray.  She sits up in the ingenuity 3-in-1 infant seat w/ tray but I'm planning on buying an actual high chair at some point and putting the seat in the car for travel purposes (restaurants, grandparents house, etc).

The doctor said to start with veggies then fruits so she gets a chance to get used to veggies before introducing sweet fruit. She likes the fruits best though (of course)! The biggest hits have been anything with apples or raspberries (!), followed closely by pears. She's never been a big fan of squash or sweet potatoes. Some of the food mixtures are sorta gross, imo -- I had to throw away the first pouch I poured out for her yesterday because I just couldn't stand the smell (it was tomatoes, kale and carrots mixed with flax and oats). 

I usually do one meal of solids a day right now, but I'm sure we'll start increasing it over time. DH let her lick at his ice cream spoon tonight; she was a little surprised at the coldness of it but caught on! It's fun now that she's eating some regular foods. He really enjoys feeding her and picking out food for her; each time he goes to the store, he comes back with a bunch of baby food! I'm not sure at what point she will start learning to feed herself (although she tries to take the spoon and bowl from me when I'm feeding her) or when we can do some soft finger foods. She has two teeth now and I think she's getting another as she's been super duper cranky the past day or two and sticking her fingers into the same spot in her mouth. 

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• edited October 2018
    So, the LC wanted me to pump after every other feed, which I was more or less doing, but has been hard to time bc some feedings drag on so long, and then sometimes she still cluster feeds... then she'll nap for 3 hours lol  so I've stopped writing down *feedings, but just my 10-15 min pumping sessions, aiming for four a day.  I got four in two days in a row, last couple days has only been three, but I already notice an increase in what I'm getting. (Like yesterday nearly doubled from getting 77 ml in three sessions, to 140!)

Last night tho, I was having trouble getting her to stay down, and I wonder if doing my last pumping session too late in the day had something to do with it.  I am supposed to go ahead and give her back what I've pumped if she wants it, but in the MOTN I guess I just wanted to give her the boob, rather than go in the kitchen and get it. (At a certain point, I gave up on the sns feeder and have just been using a bottle, but then I worry I'm going to screw everything up by introducing it too soon etc. So I've still been going back and forth to the boob, and trying not to use the bottle unless really necessary.)

Anyway, I'm glad my supply seems to be increasing and more or less keeping up with my big, hungry baby!  But it still feels like I'm flying by the seat of my pants all over again.  Does anyone have some experience with pumping and supply issues, how to keep up with baby / eventually build a freezer stash for work?  I know it's still early, but so far I've already frozen 16 oz!  I just want to make sure my boobs are meeting her present needs FIRST, so that anything I'm freezing, (and ideally, anything I'm pumping), really is, "extra."
  • @BusinessWife - try not to over think it too much, it really sounds like you're doing well. If you are able to pump anything after baby feeds (releases on their own, appears full) then you can call that a great supply. It does take a little while for it all to regulate. In the early days I was feeding, pumping and supplementing with formula, eventually able to "supplement" with my own breast milk, and then not needing to supplement/give a bottle after at all. Defiantly took DH & I to become confident with it (even more do DH because he didn't understand that the goal wasn't to supplement in the end, it was that Parker gets enough. He'd keep forcing extra milk on him and once Parker projectile vomited on him a few times from being over full he finally got it). Eventually we exclusively pumped - I had a terrible case of thrush I had trouble getting diagnosed/treated and the pain while I had it turned me off breastfeeding. Now you can continue the pump as the LC has said and build the freezer stash - are you going back to work in a few weeks? It'll be important to keep up with your regular pump times - you typically don't "regulate" until around 12 weeks. You'll have dips in your supply, increases in your supply over your pumping days - try not to let them get to you. I think all of us here who pumped in some way had our freak out day where for whatever reason your supply dips. Kelly Mom website is awesome for help with lacation!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @businesswife I agree with everything @jwatt said. It’s such a  guessing game and can be stressful but it sounds like you’re doing a great job! Eventually the little one will sleep thru the night and you can still pump to build your supply, or even pump after she goes down for the night and before you go to bed. That’s really helped me build my freezer stash. 
  • @BusinessWife it's really hard to pump after feeding to build your supply, so getting in at least 3 sessions is awesome! I second everything that @JWatt5 said and I'll add a reminder that some days are just hungry days. There's been more than one occasion when i was sitting pumping after putting her to bed and just as I'm wrapping up, she wakes up starving. They're really good at getting milk out, so don't worry to much about her not getting enough. 

When it comes to building your freezer stash, just keep doing what you're doing. Depending on how much you pump and how much she eats, you'll only need a weeks worth as backup. I sent thawed milk the first day of daycare, the second day was a mix of mostly fresh bottles and a thawed bottle, by the third I was sending fresh only. So I had plenty to supplement if I had a bad day of pumping. Each week, I froze what was left at the end of the week from pumping at work. It made me feel better having the extra in the freezer, but i only used it when we came back from vacation, since I didn't pump during that time.

When you go back to work, be prepared for your pumping amounts to change again. Stress, being tired or in a different environment, all of that can affect it.
  • All this talk of work is a bad dose of reality. I’m very happy with the daycare we picked but I DREAD leaving her. It also doesn’t help that I’m also in one of those crummy job situations. I was looking before I got pregnant but decided to stick it out after we got our BFP for the fmla protection.   My boss has been driving me crazy even while I’m on leave. Seems a little crazy to be job shopping right now but I know staying where is just too many hours away. 

@aera11 hope your appointment with the new RE goes well.  So exciting to think about siblings. 

@businesswife I never exactly found my groove with pumping and had supply issues but I did notice some success with adding in a power pumping session basically it is 20 on, rest 10, 10 on, rest 10, and 10 on. I’m Would bet you can sub the first 20 for on the breast. Even if you don’t produce anything it will send signals to your body to make more.  It’s best to do power pumps in the early am (2am-5am) because hormones produce more milk then. Of course that time stinks for being up any longer than absolutely necessary so...I rarely did it then. I found supplements to be no help for me. Honestly it sounds like your supply is doing great so for the most part just keep doing what your doing Your doing awesome. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Thanks for all the back to work advice. I’m just happy it will be part time. I met the caregiver today that we will be using once a week on my full work day. My mother in law will watch Ozi on my half days. I feel a little better now that we have a plan in place but still nervous. I start on Monday and DH will be home with us the next 2 days so I can get some time to get stuff ready for work.

@2MomsHoping it’s nice to know I’m not the only amazon addict out there. I just ordered an electric kettle today. It seems most days there is something I ‘need’  :D

@BusinessWife you are a super star. Sounds like you are doing awesome. I never took to pumping because my supply was always on the low side and we had to supplement so I have no stash but I plan to pump when I go back to work and just leave that to be given the next day. 

I feel so sorry for you guys dealing with the teething. Ozi is only 3 month and recently I’ve noticed him trying to chew on his hands frantically and crying. I put my finger with a wash rag over it in his mouth and he tries to bite it so hard, even tries to bite down hard then pull it out quickly. I’m surprised how rough he is with his gums and that this is happening so early. I can’t imagine how much worse it will be when the teeth are actually coming in!
  • @safire3 - a lot of us saw our babes teething like that around 3.4 months. Parker did and then didnt get a tooth until 6m...two bottom were easy. The next two were the tops and they were rough around 8m.

TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I hide amazon boxes from my husband.. it’s baaaad. We even do amazon grocery delivery now...
  • DH lost his job when Parker was about 4m - He thought I was insane being home to see a package showed up everyday lol. Between clothes for Parker, Amazon Prime and Well.ca it was pretty bad hahaha. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I told DH not to tell me the amazon prime password bc I would get in too much trouble lol!! He’s just as bad as I am about ordering stuff. My problem is thechidrensplace.com. I look at their clearance section all the time and it’s always free shipping! 
  • @JWatt5 it sucks that they have to suffer for so long. I though we would have another couple months before having to deal with this, 

@Polythene Pam I’ve been wondering about amazon grocery. I’m afraid if I get into that we may never leave the house again though.

@mtpbadger you are so awful because now I have to go check that out!  :D Carter’s usually has some good deals in the clearance section as well.

in spolier is some memes for you amazon addicts... ( I don’t know how to resize and they are huge on my iPad)

• @safire3 it’s AMAZING! Especially when we travel, we come home to fresh groceries on our door step. My hubby will do one run for fresh meat or specialty items but everything else is Amazon.
  • I think when Anne first arrived we had multiple amazon boxes showing up each day! It's a little calmer now, but one of my favorite "relaxing" activities is browsing baby clothes and things on amazon and tossing a bunch of stuff in a cart (just to delete it later when I come to my senses). I've been tempted to try their grocery service since getting out to the store with the baby during the week is sometimes challenging, especially trying to wrangle her and a cart. (I'm very thankful for Publix's great service and the baggers helping me out to my car after a big shopping trip!). 

I feel like a conquering hero today; I got her to go down for her nap in the morning AND her afternoon nap. There were some tears and fussing in the afternoon, but I know she'll be much happier when she wakes up well rested. She's just been super cranky in the evening if she didn't nap enough during the day and I just decided to follow a nap schedule to see if it would help. I'm also tired of her getting up at 5 am! So hopefully she'll go to bed a bit later since she'll be less cranky and more rested, and wake up a little later. Fingers crossed.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Yay for going down for naps! That’s a win. Have you ladies tried the Camilla (not sure if that’s the right word) drops for teething? I read great reviews on Amazon (of course) and ordered some... 
    AFM I’m going back on intermittent leave with FMLA for my pain. I still have 200 hours left since I worked during maternity leave. I would honestly just quit but I can’t justify not working at all and paying for daycare too. 
    Going back to work without baby does get easier even though every day you miss them. Our daycare has a great app where they update on every little thing he is doing and send pictures too. I think anyone can download it so maybe you could have a nanny to use it as well? It’s great! 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • The app is called baby connect by the way. 
  • @holls214 I’m sorry to hear the pain is still an issue! But very glad you still have some Fmla left to use!!

our daycare has an app where we can send notes to the teachers and get updates during the day with pics. DH can’t have his cell phone at work (secure building) so they have a website too but he said it’s not as easy to navigate. I’ll have to try and remember to email him any good pics throughout the day. 
  • @Holls214 - we use it! It works for the easier teething days for sure! We didn’t use Tylenol until I think 8m/top teeth. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• stella_700stella_700 member
    edited October 2018
    @Holls214 Ugh, I'm so sorry that you're still in such pain, I know it has to cut into your enjoyment of your little guy. I am glad that you are able to make use of the FMLA time to try and get the fibro managed. Are you working with a specialist doctor at this point?

@Polythene Pam @mbradfo2 @JWatt5 The shear amount of cardboard that amazon has sent to my house...I've filled up like three recycle bins with just the boxes. I am making use of the subscribe and save function, is anyone else using this for reoccurring orders. I order a 12 package order of water wipes every two months.

I haven't hid boxes from my husband mostly because I haven't bought anything he hasn't known about since the middle of my pregnancy. We are watching our pennies right now pretty closely with the twins + broken timing belt+ giant increase in property taxes + hospital bills + fertility loan. Ugh, I don't like this much, I had though that paycheck to paycheck was behind us at this point. Does anyone have any ideas on savings? What worked for you all? I'm clipping digital coupons and using a couple of apps that give monetary rewards.

edited grammar
  • @stella_700 we use subscribe and save. We also switched to generic for most things at the grocery, started getting big tubs and portioning it for work into containers. We bought reusable pouches and fill those for Mackenzie too. We're really watching our finances right now too.
  • @stella_700 - we use subscribe and save too for diapers. I started with wipes and quickly ended up with too many boxes lol. Likely have enough to get through the next year and I haven’t bought any since Christmas lol. 

Im sucking badly on the saving front. I’m stressed out with our actual finances, working, and juggling life which just makes me spend - lunches, impluse buys. Spending is a bad habit of mine I need to reign in. We make less than last year and now pay daycare like the rest of you - blah haha
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Yeah I’m with a specialist and seeing a naturopath on Monday. Hoping to do the more natural med route.

We have been doing a lot of meal prepping to save money and that means lunches as leftovers etc. We save a lot of extra money by not eating out that much anymore and being prepared for meals rather than going to the store all the time. I’m not great at saving either. Typically I take cash out for a couple weeks and budget that to spend then if I run out of cash I’m out of spending money... and save my change and dollar bills in a jar. Probably have about $400 in “left over” money saved to do something fun with.