November 2018 Moms

Appointments and Updates 10/1

13»

Re: Appointments and Updates 10/1

• @josie12367 yeah I would be super frustrated too! Any time I have a rough day they check me. And you’re own gbs swab??? Three pregnancies in and I’ve never been asked to do that! I’m so sorry you have to deal with that 
    nws
  • @josie12367 I am so sorry you were treated that way at your appt. That would make me super ragey too. Hugs!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • @josie12367 i’m sorry they treated you like that. it’s not right.
  • @josie12367 - Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. First off it hardly takes any time to check someone, secondly, you're own GBS swab!??!?! WTF? Not that you're clueless but why would a provider trust patients to do it correctly (even if they were really trying to)? The consequences of that could be pretty severe. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @josie12367 Seriously? I can't believe they just blew you off that way! The only reason I don't get manual checks is because I get an u/s every week. That is so weird and to wait until 38 weeks?! Ridiculous!
  • @josie12367 That's awful! I would complain. I basically have to beat them back from checking my cervix (I don't want cervix checks, just my preference tho!) here. It takes like 20 seconds! Your own GBS swab? WTH? that took the nurse like 2 seconds!

• @wildrainbow yayyy for the countdown beginning! 

@ashkee05 so glad you were able to go home! Here's hoping you can get some rest while on bedrest and baby can sit tight for a little while longer! 

@josie12367 I'm sorry your doctor's office made you feel that way. I would probably complain as well. Treating a patient who is 8 months pregnant like they don't have time to review your routine medical concerns doesn't seem right to me.
  • Thank you ladies for supporting me in this! Even my husband questioned the whole appointment when I told him about it, and he knows nothing about all this stuff. 

Oh and I forgot to mention that she measured my fundal height as 33 weeks... and I'm 36 weeks Sunday. She also blew it off as no big deal. Isn't three weeks behind at least enough to warrant checking her growth again?! I'm just so put off by today. 

@mockingjay1 I agree! They gave me a laminated sheet that described how to collect it, but even then I was unsure if I did a good enough job...
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @josie12367 a laminated sheet?! good grief!
  • @highsteaks woah! Glad the babies are doing fine and so excited for you to meet them next week! I am sure it’s scary to be having them on the early side with some concerns from the medical team though. Thinking of you!

• @highsteaks I am so ready to be done. I cried after my appt Thursday because I am done and then I felt horrible guilt because technically, if this was a normal pregnancy, I have so long to go. He needs to bake more, but my body is done, and starting and starting hard contractions everyday is exhausting. 
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited October 2018
    @wildrainbow like i said, i totally don’t blame you for feeling that way. i mean, i feel great other than normal pregnancy complaints, yet i am also so done emptionally and physically. you’ve had it much worse.
  • @wildrainbow @highsteaks that would be so crazy! I know we need ours to cook longer but my body is also so done! I can barely even pick my toddler up and am so ready to breathe normal again!!

I hope all goes good with your girls though! Will be thinking about you and sending all the good vibes!! 
    nws
  • @highsteaks Eeeep! That is so exciting, but you must be so nervous. Let us know when you get it scheduled. So happy to hear that both babies' growth looked good. Good luck getting everything ready and prepared for next week! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @highsteaks i’m sure you have lots of nerves, but how exciting. Can’t wait to hear when they will get you scheduled. Rest up this weekend!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @highsteaks - I know it's probably scary having them early, but I'm glad your doctors are being proactive. Thinking of you as you prepare for their delivery the next few days!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green