March 2019 Moms
Options

The SEX Poll—2nd Tri

This has recently come up in our group. Let’s spice it up! How’s your sex life going?

The SEX Poll—2nd Tri 59 votes

I feel like a teenage rabbit again!
27% 16 votes
I lost my libido & don’t know where to find it.
35% 21 votes
I/my SO is scared to hurt baby.
11% 7 votes
Wake me up at the 6-week post-delivery checkup.
8% 5 votes
I’m revved up but my partner isn’t.
6% 4 votes
I don’t care if I never have sex again.
10% 6 votes
N/A My SO & I broke up.
0% 0 votes

Re: The SEX Poll—2nd Tri

• Options
    My poor husband isn’t likely to get any until my hormones change again. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy I had to break up with my cheating boyfriend. I remember wanting to have sex but I was single so no dice. 

With my husband I’ve had ZERO desire during both pregnancies. What luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted that I feel like a teenage rabbit, but that's not entirely accurate. Not to criticize the poll, but there's a whole spectrum between "teenage rabbit" and "lost my libido." If that's the spectrum, I'm maybe 3/4 of the way toward teenage rabbit. Definitely wanting it quite a bit and enjoying it a lot without the annoyance of BC.
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2018
    @lovesclimbing I was wracking my brain for what might be in between but I’m in the “Don’t care if I never have sex again” group so apparently I can’t even imagine what it’s like to be anywhere else in this range. :o It’s such a sad state of affairs. Sorry!  I guess I could’ve put “Meh, ok, let’s do it” and “Sure, I’m game”? I really can’t think on this one.  :D
  • Options
    @keikilove LOL when MH asks...I am that "meh, ok, let's do it". He's gotten to where he asks, are you sure you'll be ok  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    I’m a 50% up the scale. Definitely better than when I was on birth control. I’ve initiated a couple times, which would have been unheard of a few months ago. I shed a tear of joy the first time we had pregnant sex this time it was so good.

Last time DH was deployed for 4 months and when he got home I desperately tried to get him to screw the baby out of me, with little success. Apparently being jumped by a 9 month pregnant lady after being gone 4 months didn’t do it for him. Hopefully with it being a gradual change this time he’ll be able to keep up. :wink:
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I want it, but dh is sick. He feels ok in the morning, when I've got morning sickness, and he feels like crap at night when I want it. Basically, I'm all out of luck. 

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    I’m terrified. It’s irrational, so I do it anyway- but every time I’m in my head and it’s not any good because of it!!!!! I’d LOVE my sex life back again. 
  • Options
    I’m in between as well, I’m game when DH is interested, but not raring to go!  :D
  • Options
    I have no interest, I’m more interested in cuddling and being held and touched but SO is all for it. I feel bad bc I know he wants to, and I try to act enthusiastic lol, but he can tell. I really do feel bad but my hormones are just like “nope” and plus, he’s trying to be really lazy about foreplay and if you won’t “warm the oven up” I’m REALLY not interested. I try but he wants me to do the work and it’s like he doesn’t understand that I’m really not about to jump you for something I halfway don’t wanna do anyway. (._.) like the earlier poster said, I was single my first pregnancy and always horny, it’s funny bc this is so opposite. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    My vote is that everything is pretty much the same as pre pregnancy. Not afraid of hurting the baby, no increased or decreased libido. Everything is pretty much the same.
  • Options
    I'm with @chocolatelemons.... Nothing has changed. MH and I have always been like rabbits
  • Options
    i had a ton of bleeding and PTL at 23 weeks right after I had sex last pregnancy. Perinatal folks definitely think it could have caused it (trauma, bleeding, irritation, blah blah). so i'm a bit terrified of sex this pregnancy. i was ok early on (didn't want to anyway because i was so sick), but now i'm getting more apprehensive. might try condoms. sex always caused a ton of contractions for me.
  • Options
    17 weeks and mine is FINALLY coming back around ... DH will be happy when I actually have the energy to act on it poor guy doesn’t try because he’s so tired to hearing that I don’t feel like it. 
  • Options
    Mine was also in the middle of where’s my libido? And rabbit. We only have sex in the middle of the night. It’s odd like when I’m awake it’s the furthest thing from my mind. But when I’m asleep I’m so down and it’s the best sex ever. So it’s like I’m half roofied with sleep and it’s amazing. It’s soo weird I know, but hey the sex is amazing. 
  • Options
    My mind is a rabbit, my body doesn't want to keep up :( With DD I couldn't get enough and now while my mind is wanting it my body is left uncomfortable and sore each time almost like things were too dry when I know for a fact they weren't..ugh pregnancy.
  • Options
    Libido is great, but on pelvic rest....so that sucks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    Kenneylynn3 I feel ya, I think that's coming for me too sooner rather than later :/
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 I’m right there with you. We’ve been fooling around in other ways, but it’s not the same. When I was spotting after sex, we said no more. I’m in the too scared to try vote. 
  • Options
    @jesiannv Dr said no moderate or excessive exercise. With my heart condition, sex qualifies as moderate exercise. Plus my wife is too freaked out after I bled (not due to sex) so we are just bound to be horny abstinent spouses until cleared by the Dr. I feel bad for my wife.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    I am not interested at all. To make matters worse, we were having some really incredible sex before I got pregnant. 😭
  • Options
    We were definitely getting it in a lot more, but not currently because it is YI city over here. I've never had one this bad and 2 rounds of monistat 3 didn't help! I just picked up a script from my doc and even after this clears up, I'm rationing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @toyah81 I never had a YI until my first pregnancy. My midwife recommended the 7 day treatment instead of the 3, but I found that a natural treatment worked much better without the pain and irritation of Monistat. I use plain unsweetened yogurt. I know it sounds crazy, but it really works for me. 
  • Options
    Definitely somewhere in the middle on this. There are times I’m ready to go but not nearly as much as pre preg. Most the times that my husband is looking for some action, I’ll go for it but there’s been times I’ve had to say no from straight up exhaustion. Mostly in the first tri. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit, I have heard of that! and a few other natural remedies, but I was so desperate that I didn't want to experiment, lol. I'm going to keep that in mind and an ACV rinse that I heard about for next time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @toyah81 So sorry you’re going through that misery! Hope it gets better ASAP. Like @maggiemadeit, I never had a yeast infection until my first pregnancy. I was also put on the 7-day treatment. After that I just drank straight cranberry juice (no sugar, as it feeds yeast growth) and ate lots of organic yogurt to keep everything in balance (also lower sugar than Yoplait or Dannon). I totally believe in the natural remedies but understand 100% why you went for the immediate treatment! 
  • Options
    @toyah81 I never had a YI until my first pregnancy. My midwife recommended the 7 day treatment instead of the 3, but I found that a natural treatment worked much better without the pain and irritation of Monistat. I use plain unsweetened yogurt. I know it sounds crazy, but it really works for me. 
    This might be an awkward question but... how do you do this? I have constant yeast infections like all the time and I’m so sick of antibiotics. 
  • Options
    @mamakeeg Is there even such a thing an an awkward question in this forum?  :p

I use a plastic tampon applicator. Remove the tampon, put a small amount of yogurt into the top of the applicator, and freeze it. Then, when you need it, you have a little yogurt pop for your yoni. Insert and lay down (I always do it before bed). The cold feels good when you are all irritated from yeast too. Just wear a pad or something because it will leak out a bit. You can also apply some yogurt externally if you have a lot of itching/swelling.

This only works with plain unsweetened yogurt. The idea is that the good bacteria from the yogurt will take over and more or less choke out the overgrowth of the yeast. 

It works like gangbusters for me. I have never needed a second application. My midwife thought I was a little crazy when I asked her about it, but she said it couldn’t hurt to try it. I also think that if yogurt is okay to eat while pregnant then it seems logical that it is safe to use like this during pregnancy too. 

I know it sounds crazy, but I hope it helps. Preggo yeast infection is just the worst. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I’m definitely trying this like ASAP. I’ve been on such a terrible kick of YIs that I’m on probiotics and doing all sorts of stuff (baby laundry detergent, baby soap to wash). I get them constantly and always after I have sex which is awful. Thank you so much for that advice! You da best. I’ve been looking for a natural remedy to try. I’m going to go to a naturopathic doctor after pregnancy because my balance is definitely off somehow and it was going on way before this pregnancy but I wanted to wait until this baby pops out. 
  • Options
    Also, on the topic of sex, it’s been two weeks. This cannot continue. I will lose my shit. 
  • Options
    More like a rabbit, but currently on pelvic rest  :(
  • Options
    @stmgsam3 you're not alone

• Options
    We were rabbits, but last time I had heartburn during! That's a new one for me. Kind of took the spark out of the moment for me since the flames were all in my chest! :D