Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 9/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**  

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 9/27

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 32/16

Timing: who even knows now with this cycle...

Typical LP length: ?

Testing: AF due yesterday...BFN

R/R: rant- I just wish AF would come because feeling like crud from this stupid messed up cycle is really freaking annoying....
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies for answering my crazy CM question yesterday. 

Month/Cycle: 11 (6 benched) 

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: -2,-1

Typical LP length: 10-12

Testing: next Friday, 12 DPO, unless AF shows up

R/R: I have been getting 7-8 hours of sleep lately and it’s been so darn nice. Last cycle I was getting 5-6 hours a night. Cutting out caffeine and cutting down on alcohol has probably helped a lot. Along with being more active and not temping this go around. I think I’m going to take the same approach next cycle as well. Although I miss having a chart to confirm O. I still think I will treat myself with the temp drop monitor when AF shows up. 

CS/Q: nothing to see here
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 9 

Testing: If temps remain high and I'm at 10DPO

R/R: rave - I'm so happy there is a lot of activity on here these days :) 

CS/Q: Changed my settings to OPK rather than advanced. This puts me at the O date that makes the most sense I think.. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @b_1029 sorry about the BFN :(

@chichiphin I’m loving the activity here lately too. I almost stopped posting in the dailies because I think I’m gonna be here forever. 
  • @meatballs37 I’m starting to think I’ll be here forever too...guess I’ll see you around  :D
  • @meatballs37 Yay for more sleep! I've cut back on coffee and wine, too and noticed I'm sleeping longer as well. Get your rest on, girl!
    @b_1029 I'm so sorry about AF, but enjoy all of the coffee!
    @sparty18 I'm sorry that you are still feeling under the weather. Hopefully, you feel better soon!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 22/2

Timing: -3, -2, 0

Typical LP length:  7-8

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Oh my gosh, so remember how I had to sit at the back of the classroom because I'm awful at OPKs and not temping? It got worse and I had to give myself detention. I thought that I was in the TWW on Monday, but on Tuesday I got a blazing OPK at 5 PM and I swear I am never testing only once a day ever again. I'm going to buy the Pregmate OPKs that @chichiphin recommended next cycle. Rave: I filmed a commercial for Universal Studios these past two days and it was so much fun!

CS/Q: Nothing.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited September 2018
    @ThompsonHM2 hoping AF stays away still... but I'm sorry for the BFN
    @meatballs37 I'm glad you're getting more sleep these days! 
    @Sparty18 hope you feel better soon. and yes, take off Friday and enjoy it. 
    @b_1029 I'm hoping you aren't out this cycle. Enjoy those extra cups of coffee. 
    @elle-0409 congrats on the commercial! and I'm glad you're getting those OPKs :) 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin sadly with a giant cramp as a hello, AF arrived. Drinking all the coffee today to make me feel better :)
  • Month/Cycle: 14/11

CD/DPO: 22/6

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Sometime after next Wed depending on temps

R/R: Still tired. Forgot to take magnesium because it was a hectic night. Rave - found a house we might be interested in. BUT DH thinks the master is smaller the one current dispite listing measurements saying otherwise. We may have to go back and measure it.

CS/Q: Nope.
  • Off topic. @chichiphin Your new profile picture made me 

• @b_1029 ugh I'm sorry. 
    @prpl11butterfly yay I'm glad you found a potential house option! 
    @marebear15 lol tis the season ;) 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @b_1029 Sorry about your AF. I am also drinking ALL the coffee today, because I am definitely not KU, just also still waiting for AF. It is the perfect weather for it! Finally!

@prpl11butterfly oooo! Excited for you about the house! What do you most like about it?

@Sparty18 @meatballs37 FX that maybe this is it for you and you get to graduate together. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: AF today or tomorrow, hopefully, because knowing nothing happened but not having confirmation that it's time to restart is getting OLD.

Timing: bad

Typical LP length: still figuring that out

Testing: BFN a few days ago (because I wanted to check before drinking a glass of wine) and our timing stunk this cycle, so fairly confident I'm not KU, but I also was due for AF this AM and she's being inconsiderate this month. But on the off chance that doing everything wrong this cycle actually worked (since doing everything right hasn't worked for the last 5) I'm not moving over to WTO until she's actually here.

R/R: it is SUNNY today!!!! That plus stopping for a latte on my way to work today and also sleeping off my cold yesterday makes today awesome. Additional rave: we are going to Opera in the park this weekend, which is probably my favorite date every year, AND it's on our wedding anniversary. Stars are aligning to make this weekend be worth going through the first half of this week.
  • @spacepiraterunner Happy anniversary! Opera in the Park sounds amazing. I don't think we have anything like that in Florida. We might have Alligators in the Park, though.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• edited September 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 30/11

Timing: Every Other day during fertile week

Typical LP length: 11 days

Testing: Saturday (but i already tested super early even though I knew it was too early)

R/R: I am just feeling down lately and I feel like I am gonna get a bfn when I test on Saturday. My cycles are about 30 days and I think I am ovulating around day 20. But I have been spotting before all of my periods and I am not sure if I should consult my doctor to see if this spotting could be due to something that could be making it difficult to conceive. My doctor did mention that I may potentially have endometriosis based on symptoms I was having but she never did any further testing. Also it is my Birthday on Wednesday and a bfp would be the best gift ever!

CS/Q: When should I talk with my doctor? I don't want to seem like the crazy person whose stressing but I also would like to know if there is anything making conception challenging. 
  • @hayleysullivan63 I know it's hard, but 4m is really nothing. It can take the average, healthy couple up to 12m. More then likely your doc won't do anything until that point (unless you are over 35, then its 6m). If your doctor suspects endo, then she should test you. But, from what you've said re:cycle length and spotting, it's all in the range of normal. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2018
    @spacepiraterunner enjoy all your coffee today! Sending a caffinated cheers from over here. 
    @hayleysullivan63 I feel ya. Once we started TTC, I finally booked a gyno appointment for the first time in a while- oops. Even though it had only been about 4 months at the time, I expressed my stress/worry about something being wrong (just my type A self haha). She referred me to an RE to go to when we were around the year mark but they had an opening around the 7-8 month mark, so we went even though I felt a little dumb going so “early”. I know they say to wait a year if you’re under 35, but if it’s something you want to do, are ready to pay for appointments, and it would make you feel better, I would say go for it. I know it made me feel better just to know everything was normal based on the tests they did and the SA. Plus if something was clearly getting in the way of TTC, you could start treatment earlier rather than later. But again, that’s just me. 
    @prpl11butterfly that’s so exciting about the potential house! 

Checking out out of the TWW board, I equally hope and don’t hope to see you ladies over on WTO 🤞🏼
  • @prpl11butterfly Thank you for the reply... I know from reading all the literature that the average is 12m unfortunately my brain just doesn't want to listen to me and instead it just puts me through a roller coast of emotions. I am trying to tell my self my body will do what it wants when it wants but that is easier said then done.  :(
  • @hayleysullivan63 If you know you're ovulating (temping/charting), and you are BDing within the fertile window, I would not wait a year to talk with your doctor. I think the 12 month rule for healthy couples is a little misleading since most women assume they ovulate at CD 14 and if they don't, then they could totally be missing their fertile window (really suggest reading the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"). I would say if you are charting and getting good timing and nothing happens within 6 months, it might be worth a trip to your OB. Bring your charts with you and have a real conversation with them about your concerns. *TW* That's what I did my first time trying and it was the best decision since I ended up getting the tests/treatment that I needed. 

• @prpl11butterfly how exciting about the house! Keep us updated! 
  • grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited September 2018
    @ThompsonHM2 I'm sorry your cycle is so confusing. After getting a BFN it's nice to at least look forward to starting a new cycle... the limbo is agonizing.
    @meatballs37 I'm so glad that you are able to get more sleep and noticing that it's making a difference! I'm also cutting back on alcohol and coffee - I switched to tea a few months ago but am going to try to make it through this TWW without any tea or wine. Already craving a glass of wine tomorrow evening though...
    @chichiphin I'm glad you were able to force FF into agreeing with what makes the most sense!
    @b_1029 Ugh so sorry about AF. Treat yourself tonight :heart:
    @Sparty18 Hope you feel better! Thanks for the heads up on emojis - I can't wait to use them! :lol:
    @elle-0409 No worries - I thought I O'd on CD16 because FF gave me CH's, but then took them away the next day. I hope we both actually belong here this time!
    @prpl11butterfly Weird, I would definitely want to measure it to know for sure! I always wonder if people lie on house listings...
    @spacepiraterunner Wow have an awesome weekend!!
    @hayleysullivan63 Your OB might be willing to at least run bloodwork if you are having strange spotting before your periods. I know for a lot of women that a day or two of spotting is normal before AF. Last cycle I had almost a week of spotting before AF actually showed up (3 days later than I expected) so if that happens again this cycle I think I will reach out to my OB too.

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 23/5

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 12 days (but last cycle was 15 with daily spotting starting 9DPO??)

Testing: Definitely by next Friday (13DPO) but likely sooner. We're going to a family wedding with my parents and sister next weekend, and I want to be prepared for either outcome a few days in advance.

R/R: Rave: I think I (cautiously) get to be in TWW now! Temps are steady increasing, although I didn't get one large jump. Rant: The rain started again... Would really like some nice fall weather before it starts to get cold!!

CS/Q: I got a +OPK on CD19, but didn't take one on CD18 because I was out of town and by CD20 it was negative. Last cycle I got 2 days of +OPK's, so I put in a fake + on CD18 which FF has decided is O day. If I take out the fake +OPK, FF moves O to CD20, and if I take out all OPKs, FF moves O to CD16. Sooo realistically I could be between 3 and 7 DPO, but 5 seems most reasonable (and the average) so I'll stick with that. Our timing was good either way.

• @dogmomma271 I am with you on the rain.  It was nice here today, but it's going to pour again tomorrow.  :(  
    @spacepiraterunner I hope you enjoyed your latte!  And happy anniversary!  Enjoy your date night.  
    @chichiphin that new profile pic...fabulous!
    @prpl11butterfly that's great about the house!
    @elle-0409 that commercial shoot sounds like so much fun.  
    @Sparty18 I can definitely see myself getting into trouble with the emojis.  That's probably why I am hesitating to figure out how to gif on here! 
    @b_1029 so sorry about the BFN.
    @meatballs37 so glad that you're feeling good and sleeping well.  
    @ThompsonHM2 sorry you're so frustrated.  It's never fun when our bodies go all screwy.

Month/Cycle:3/3

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 11-14 days

Testing: Holding out until October 5

R/R: Almost the weekend!  And I can dress down at work tomorrow.  Sometimes just getting to put on jeans instead of having to iron slacks makes a huge difference in my attitude in the morning. 

CS/Q: Nope.  Fertility Friend is giving me all these warnings saying this cycles was out of the norm.  I've only been really tracking with this for 3 months, so I am not sure how a norm has really even been established.