Pregnant after IF

Funny Mom moments **this topic contains humorous comments about babies/kids/toddlers**

I'm reading that a lot of Mom's, not just here but in everyday life (with new and with older babies), are struggling right now and was hoping to share some funny things that have happened to me/us mostly to cheer people up. Chime in add to the conversation. Sometimes we just need someone/thing to make us smile to get us over the hump.

I will start:

#1 So I shared that our ten month old was assessed for occupational therapy since he's behind his sister by about a month. The nice ladies came to the house and were working with him and observing him, then one of them passed him to his Dad with both of them saying that he needed to be changed.  We checked him, nope that's just my son's normal stinky gas. #aboy'sMomlife# #greendeathcloud#

#2 So I've been sick with bronchitis/borderline pneumonia (bad excuse) and I was thinking of asking my husband (who is the pick up person from child care) that IF they have recently eaten (their schedule waffles with have ate the last meal at daycare or at home depending on traffic at 6:15-6:45 etc.) that he drive around the block a couple of times so they would go to sleep and we could just move them from their car seats to their cribs. Survival mode is activating. #badmomguilt#

Re: Funny Mom moments **this topic contains humorous comments about babies/kids/toddlers**

• @stella_700 I love this idea!

when were were just a couple days home from the hospital I was falling asleep and told DW can you hold the baby, they gave her to me. She took her and I instantly fell asleep. When I woke backup I found DW holding the my childhood teddy bear cradled in her arms while full on asleep. I was in a screaming/crying panic searching the covers for the baby only to find her safely sleeping in her bassinet next to the bed. Aaaaaaaand that was the day we ordered the owlet..lol. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Loading the player...
  • @2MomsHoping
    Omg, that would freak me out so bad! I can see why you got the owlet!!

Here's a funny dad moment --

So, my husband is an avid video game player and fan of watching his online friends play games live on Twitch tv....I had fallen asleep early that evening and when I got up, it was about 11 pm, heard him watching games in his office, and I assumed he had put her down for sleep in her crib or pack'n'play...but no baby there.

I walk into his office, trying to figure out where she was (this was before sleeping through the night) and she's sitting with him while he is watching someone play a super gorey and bloody video game. He says, "She was getting fussy." 

I freak out: "She can't watch that!! What are you doing?!! You're going to give her nightmares and traumatize her!!!" etc etc

He shrugged. "She can't understand it; it's fine."

My jaw just drops and I look at her staring intently at some scene of a monster getting blown up. I tell him, "Well, at least cover her eyes..."

/sigh  My poor little girl...
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Around delivery I had a lot of complications and late night ER visits. One night after all this I was up late feeding baby (we were both fine). Ozi made a noise and DH went from deep sleep to jumping out of bed and starting to get dressed. I was so shocked I watched him for a bit before I asked him where he was going. He looked at me completely bewildered and said ‘I don’t know’. My poor traumatized husband :D
  • @mbradfo2 hahaha to the video games.  I was listening the the radio and singing along to some old throwback 90s rap song which had very dirty lyrics and used the same defense.

@safire3 your hubby gets the sweetheart award. Wanting to jump at a moments notice for his family. ❤️
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @mbradfo2 oh my goodness that is funny.
    Am I bad because I listen to really real rap music with cuss words etc and my 4 month old loves it?! He doesn't like country and dances and moves around to the rap, so hmmm haha. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Gaming DH and their babies. Little girl wants nothing more than to "help" her dad play on the PS4, she is really, really focused on that controller.  Baby boy, totally not interested.
  • @2MomsHoping I have regularly woken up clutching a pillow and think I've suffocated the baby. I look over and he's asleep in his crib. Its terrifying.
    @JWatt5 hahahahha. I literally laughed out loud when I read that
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Hahaha @JWatt5 I'm LOL'ing at your story. I had a similar one, except one day I found my toddler digging in a flower pot and trying to eat dirt lol.

The other day he was climbing on my lap saying "sit, sit, sit"....only it sounded like "shit shit shit". Naturally I whipped out my phone and took a video and we've been laughing at it ever since. He had no clue why I was laughing so he started laughing with me. I know it's bad, but he doesn't say the actual S word, so I think it's ok to laugh at his expense this time. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 - my mom was surprised he liked it - clearly she hasn’t taken a whiff of powdered baby formula - that stuff is disgusting (as well as the nasty baby burps from it) - I’d rather eat dog food. He always sucked it down though haha. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Victoria has decided that cheerios/puffs are fun to play with. She's discovered that they can be used as arts and crafts and has begun "decorating" herself with them sticking them to her face, brother's face, Mom's neck, Dad's hair, etc. She laughs and laughs, thinking its funny. Her brother hasn't found it as amusing, poor sweetie.