April 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: What is your crazy?

2»

Re: GTKY: What is your crazy?

• Options
    mermaidca said:
    I feel like a mess reading all these.  None of you would want to see my closet....or the piles of clothes on the chair next to my closet.  Or the floor...
    My organizing by color ends at candy. I’m sure my closet would horrify. My clothes aren’t even fully separated from DHs :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mermaidca I think I once tried to organize my closet by color and realized I either have too many colors or not enough hanging clothes for it to look like anything but a jumble. 

And at the moment I don’t even have a closet so our clothes are in a giant semi-folded jumble in the playpen that DD can’t reach into because she screams bloody murder when you try to put her in baby jail.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to excessive budgeting 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @mermaidca, I always say I'm a lazy perfectionist.  If I had more energy, I would also have an organized closet and all the toys would be in labeled matching bins and my kitchen would be a chef's dream...

But alas, I have no energy.  So my hubby leaves his clothes on the floor and I occassionally get mad and throw them all in the laundry.  Same with the kid and his toys, although they just get thrown in his closet :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz ALL the doors need tiki be closed.  Bathroom,  closets,  basement,  cabinets,  etc. I hate any door being left open and with three kids i feel like i spend hours every week clising doors!
    I'm also obsessive about floors. I sweep,  vacuum and mop daily and also run the roomba daily.  
  • Options
    @roo1381 DH leaves his dresser drawers open all the time. It drives me mad because it makes everything look so messy!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz and @roo1381, this.  DH leaves drawers and cabinet doors open or half open constantly.  Whyyy?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely have a small collection of crazy going. Here's sample:
    - I have synesthesia which means I connect colors with letters (each letter has a color), which means I'm right now feeling super picky about which letters our babies names could potentially start with. Luckily DH is very understandable.
    - I work with doing research on fungi (mushrooms) and love going out to pick them, both for eating and just to figure out which species are around.
    - on the same theme I actually get stressed if I don't know what species of plants I'm surrounded by (this mostly just happens if I'm in the tropics).

The list could go on... Lol but I love quirky things about people, and honestly most of my friends are my friends just for the reason of not being all that normal. 
  • Options
    @BarefootContessa I clean my ears out with QT once in the morning and once at night.

My crazy... I trained my cat. Yes, you heard that right. My siamese cat walks on a leash and does tricks. He can sit, shake, high-five, roll-over, and sit pretty. I procrastinated doing homework in nursing school, and trained my cat instead. haha.
  • Options
    I love organizing by color/hue especially 120 box of new crayola crayons. 

I have to have the fan on to sleep. 

I have an anxiety disorder called Misophonia. It means the hatred of sound. I can’t choose which sound will trigger it but eating, dry skin rubbing/scratching and most mouthy noises cause extreme anxiety and sometimes pain. Recently it had been a bit better but worsened with my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    fuzzywombatfuzzywombat member
    edited September 2018
    @midwestmommy90 that’s awesome. When I was in grad school I toilet trained our cats. One cat really hated it and we eventually had to switch back to a litter box, but it was pretty awesome for a while. Now the only thing they’re trained to do is sit before we put down their food dishes
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz lol totally agree on the excessive budgeting. I made myself a net zero budget in excel that I have open basically at all times at word and share a template with anyone even mildly interested. I love budgets 
  • Options
    @midwestmommy90 I was gonna ask if you potty trained them too, but @fuzzywombat is on it :-). A couple of friends of mine have their cat potty trained. It seems so strange to me!
  • Options
    I love organizing by color/hue especially 120 box of new crayola crayons. 

I have to have the fan on to sleep. 

I have an anxiety disorder called Misophonia. It means the hatred of sound. I can’t choose which sound will trigger it but eating, dry skin rubbing/scratching and most mouthy noises cause extreme anxiety and sometimes pain. Recently it had been a bit better but worsened with my pregnancy. 
    My mom has that, chewing is a huge trigger for her. Also muffled talking. She didn’t even know it was a thing until about 10 years ago when she saw a special about it on tv. Afterwards she realized that she’s had it since she was a child. She has to have the radio on at night or can’t sleep due to outside sounds.

Also I sleep with a fan on all year round(even in the winter) Mine isn’t for noise, it’s because I feel like the room gets too stuffy and I can’t breathe without it on