April 2019 Moms

Is it possibly this is an empty sac?

My OB says a septum but when I did my HSG test months back the doc told me my uterus looked good and my tubes were clear. I remember looking at the screen and I didnt see anything out of the way either. Just confused praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Re: Is it possibly this is an empty sac?

• How many weeks are you?
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly I would just trust your doctor. Can you call the office and ask some follow-up questions?

The only thing that line down the middle could be is a septum, time will tell if it's a problem. You might have developed it after your HSG.

6 weeks is really early to see the embryo clearly as well, so the little guy on the right looks as good as it gets at 6 weeks. When is your next ultrasound? Wishing you best of luck.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @sikesbaby19 I had septum removal surgery this past May. They’re actually pretty tricky to diagnose though you’re born with it- mine wasn’t visible on the HSG (they initially thought I had the more benign arcuate uterus). It eventually took a hysteroscopy and an MRI to know for sure- neither test is ok during pregnancy.

I’d suggest getting a second opinion/ultrasound if you don’t want to trust your doctor. There isn’t a ton they can do about a septum while you’re pregnant, it’s just something they’ll have to monitor and introduces risk. That looks like a pretty big one if it is a septum, but ultrasound isn’t the way to actually diagnose them.