November 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments and Updates 9/23

2»

Re: Appointments and Updates 9/23

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I also hope he cooks a little longer! My doctors keep telling me we are in a great spot though and he’ll more than likely avoid nicu if he comes. There will be no intervention if he does. Exciting and scary. I’m on his time though and ready when he is!

@josie12367 I know exactly what you mean I dilated all the way to 6cm with my second and they stopped it at 32 weeks. Then I walked around until 36 before he actually came. It was super annoying to have weekly appointments hearing wow we can’t believe you’re still pregnant!

@middleschoolmommy it is awesome to know we both have babies still cooking! It is a little wild experiencing the further along stages of pregnancy!
    nws
  • Options
    32w1d; had mfm appt this afternoon for ttts monitoring and bpp. baby b’s umbilical flow was too high (or something). doc decided to go ahead and give me the steroid shot today instead of at 33w. going in for a second shot tomorrow at l&d. she said she still wants to see if i can make it to 34w, but wanted to make sure i got the shot in just in case because of the iugr and high flow. 

those who have gotten the steriod shot—did you have any side effects? my back feels pretty tight and now i’ve got a headache. just curious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  So far today it’s feeling better but I am still being cautious with my movements. Don’t want to tweak it again. Fingers crossed. 
    I’m glad it’s feeling better. I’m sorry it was so awful :(
  • Options
    @highsteaks crossing my fingers you can still make it to 34. I am not help with the steroid shot because I was also on magnesium so I felt all kinds of crappy. Hopefully you feel better ASAP! 
    nws
  • Options
    @highsteaks hope babies get to stay in a little longer! Thinking of you 

• Options
    @highsteaks I don't have any experience with steroid shots unfortunately, but I would definitely ask them when you go for your second shot. Here's to hoping those babies stay put and healthy for a bit longer! 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    @highsteaks hoping babies can stay put a little longer. My back gets tight when I have the shots because it feels like liquid hellfire. I don't remember a headache, but to be fair, I've never been in the best health when receiving them. 
  • Options
    @highsteaks hang in there! I do not recall any side effects of the steroid shots. 
  • Options
    @ashkee05 i’m sad that the magnesium steroid combo made you feel extra cruddy.

@wildrainbow i was totally not expecting the hellfire, ha, but now i know what you mean. i was super tense about getting a shot in my backside that i probably gave myself a tension headache. 

@lifesabeach85 @josie12367  @emjohn517 thanks for the good thoughts ladies! 
  • Options
    @highsteaks hoping you can keep babies in a little while longer and that the side effects of the steroids go away quickly and don't happen with round 2!
  • Options
    @highsteaks - I'm glad they are being proactive and giving you the steroid shots now. Hoping you can still make it to 34 weeks! Thinking of you and your sweet babies.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @highsteaks I had a course of two doses of steroids at around 24w. After the second dose, I found it really hard to sleep and my thoughts were racing (definitely not helped by being super worried about my baby and in hospital). It only lasted about a day though. I also got a bright red flush over my face, bump, and breasts. It looked like I was sunburnt but only in very specific areas and was warm to the touch but not itchy. Again, only lasted a day or two.

I had a second course of just one dose of steroids earlier this week. No particular side effects but the injection hurt like a ***** and my leg was sore and a bit crampy for about 12 hours after. 

Sounds like most people have fewer side effects so hopefully you react well to the steroids. Fingers crossed those babies can hang out inside a little longer.
  • Options
    @highsteaks I hope the babies can stay in until 34 and that your side effects lessen soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NSTs Tuesday and Thursday. I will 34+2 and 34+4. That is assuming that my labs are ok and I'm not delivering this week. I should (hopefully) hear about my labs tomorrow. I would like to make it to 35 weeks if I can.