April 2019 Moms
Options

S+TMs: How inaccurate was your previous child's due date?

Hi ladies,

I am a FTM and wondering what your experience was with your EDD(s) and actual delivery date(s). Did your previous child or children come early, on time, or late, and by how long?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Re: S+TMs: How inaccurate was your previous child's due date?

• Options
    DD came 4 days after her due date. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    My son was born at 39w2d. I was induced due to pre-e. 

There are obviously a ton of factors that affect this.  This chart may be helpful to you. I looked at it a lot before I knew I would be induced last time.

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate2.php

"What I mean is this: a woman who's not induced has a 61.5% chance of giving birth within a week of her due date."
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5 days after her due date
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Born 10pm the night before. I was scheduled to be induced on my due date. 

They also said said she would be 7 and a half pounds at the ultrasound I had just days beforehand and she was under 6.

So I kind of take it all with a grain of salt. It’s really all an estimate.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    DS was born at 11:59 p.m. ON his due date. 

I was told he was going to be around 7 lbs. He was a husky 9.39 lb instead and still ended up in the NICU for breathing issues. The nurses nicknamed him Bruiser. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Options
    DD was born at 26 weeks and a day, after my water broke at 25 weeks and 2 days. We are obviously outliers.

Her last u/s estimate was 1 lb 13 oz, and that’s what she was born at.

on the other hand, bff had her DS on 9/15, due 9/2, though at one point her due date was 9/7 and kid consistently measured small on subsequent ultrasounds. Sooo 41-42 weeks.
  • Options
    It varies so much, especially since cycles can very so widely from woman to woman.  I know that doctors use your last period to have a universal standard, but it drives me nuts that they stick to it like religion.  Especially when it comes to telling women they have to be induced by such and such a date, when that "42 weeks," could be only 40 depending on cycles and ovulation.

Anyway, off my soap box now.  My son came at 2 in the morning on his original due date (it had been adjusted back by two days at a previous appointment).  I had an ultrasound the day before and my membranes stripped - ultrasound tech estimated 7 pounds 14 ounces, he was only 6 pounds 13 (thankfully, since there were some problems in labor).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like @lyse01 said, I'm an exception.
    My twins were born at 30+5 emergency c section after I was hospitalized for monitoring for the 2 weeks prior.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-inducing-labor-for-going-past-your-due-date/

Lengthy discussion of why we calculate the way we we do (and the variation therein), average length of pregnancy, and if we should really care about due dates at all.
  • Options
    Mine have all been early. 
    DD1 - 37.5, induction, pre-e. 
    DD2 - 38.4, all on her own. 
    DD3 - 35.5, induction, pre-e. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DS was exactly one week early.. I don't remember what they told me he would weigh but I know he weighed more than expected at 8 pounds 9oz. 
  • Options
    That was a very interesting article, @lyse01!  Thanks for linking.

Interestingly enough, using the numbers from there of 266 days past ovulation, I get a due date of April 11th (what I had originally, before they adjusted to April 10th based on my dating ultrasound), and 268 days past ovulation of April 13th.  From my own tracking, this is right on course since I've had regular cycles and ovulation this year since removing my IUD.  And as they suggested, instead of a due date I may start telling people a "guess date," or due week....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date baby, 40 weeks. 
    Only becuase fluids were low and I was induced the night before. 
  • Options
    DD was exactly one week early. After laboring for 40 hours and pushing for 4. And then a c-section. 

Not that I remember vividly or anything.
  • Options
    Baby #1– 2 days late
    Baby #2– on her due date 
    Baby #3– 1 day late (although born at 12:45 am so technically only 45 minutes late lol)

no inductions...all natural
  • Options
    @kangstadt that entire website is full of info like that. I HIGHLY recommend.

also I’m pretty sure I’m going to be telling people “the beginning of April, hopefully not March” when they start asking.
  • Options
    @kyashley1227 did you not have pre-e with DD2? 

The midwife at my doctors office says she likes to use the term birth month and not due date lol. Since so few people actually give birth on their due date. 
    DD 5 days early. Induced due to amniotic fluid being too low 
    DS exactly two weeks early. Induced for pre-e

As for baby’s weight, the ultrasound technicians always tell me the estimate can be off by a pound in either direction. I think both my babies weighed less than their estimates DD 6lbs 15oz, DS 7lbs 2oz 
  • Options
    Yeah I've really just been saying, "Probably sometime in March." 
  • Options
    My son was 3 days late after 2 membrane sweeps (one the day before EDD, one the morning he was born), so who knows if it would have been even later.  You really never know - I had been progressing for weeks and nobody thought I would be late, but my little guy was just comfy in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter wad born a month early at 35 weeks, 6 days - no sign she was coming early, and then my water broke, contractions kicked in, and here she was!
  • Options
    My sister was induced with my niece due to low amniotic fluid- they kept her overnight 2 nights, and even with pitocin she never went into labor.  Apparently the fluid regenerated, so they sent her home.  A week later, they tried again.  Again that kid was stubborn and did not want to come out.  The doctor tried to send her home again, and my sister lost her shit.  She told him she was not leaving that hospital without a baby outside of the womb, so he better go in and get her.   My niece was born 12 days after her due date I believe.  She is still stubborn, but the best kid ever at 9 years old.  
  • Options
    DD was born 2 days before her due date. They were considering inducing for HBP, but I was already so dilated they just gave me a little pitocin and off I went!
  • Options
    DS was born 5 days early. I had my appt at 39 weeks and was at 3 cm so they stripped my my membranes and he was born 2 days later.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was induced at 41 weeks. I think I inherited something from my mom because she delivered my brother and I at 42 and 43 weeks, idk why she was not induced for those
  • Options
    @kyashley1227 did you not have pre-e with DD2? 

Oddly enough I didn’t, and my doctor was somewhat surprised when I got it with DD3 because she said it doesn’t usually skip pregnancies. I’m taking a daily baby aspirin this pregnancy because new research shows that it reduces the risk of getting pre-e when there is a history. We’ll see! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey! I am also telling people due mid to late April instead of the 22. 

With baby 1 I was due dec 15 and went into labor dec 16 and stayed in labor with contractions every 3-8 minutes (pending the time of day/how tired I was) until December 19, and I pushed for three hours and she came a bit before 1am on Dec 20.

So, that’s complicated but true. She was stuck in a slightly askew position and nobody checked her position. She had a giant bruise and blisters on her head. 2 days in my doula (highly recommend getting one if you can) tried to reposition her a bit and that seemed to help.

So, I’m an outlier too I guess. 
  • Options
    DS #1- 41 weeks with an easy induction. 

DS #2- 40 weeks and 4 days. Born on the 4 hours before I was scheduled for an induction. 

I had fertility issues with both and their due dates were ultrasound based. This one I have a chart that is insanely accurate and baby is matching exactly with it on ultrasound.... it'll still be "late" though cuz babies are honey badgers and do what they want. ;-) 
  • Options
    DD was six days early. She was born two hours and 45 minutes after being admitted. No time for an epidural. 
  • Options
    DD was 4 days early. Water broke before contractions even started, thank goodness too because I had had enough of being pregnant at that point. 5"1 didnt give me much room for the belly.

• Options
    Delivered on 38+4 after 25 hours of labor. He was 10 days early.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    Baby 1 was on her due date, baby 2 was 4 days late and baby 3 was 2 weeks late and right on target weight-wise.  I know typically they say later babies come earlier but i truly think it's all a guesstimate and babies come exactly when they are ready. 
  • Options
    DD was born at 38 weeks 1 day. I was induced due to IUGR. Admitted to the hospital late the night before, started on a pitocin drip, doctor broke my water at about 8:00 the next morning and she was born at just after 11am. It was a surprisingly easy (compared to other birth stories I've heard) and quick labor. 
  • Options
    Babies come on their own time, your due date is more accurate if you have regular periods, or were testing for ovulation, and/or know when (what dates you got busy) and have shared this with your OB/midwife. With my first I had regular periods and my son was one of the rare kiddos born on his due date via non-medicated vaginal birth. 
  • Options
    DS born four days early.
    DD was one week early with an induction.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    I was induced with DD, at 41+2.

I also just tell people I'm due mid April with this one.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Ds: emergency delivery at 38+0 due to hellp syndrome.
    Dd: scheduled delivery @ 37+0 due to icp, pre-e
    This time I will go as far as 37+0 again. If I make it that far, this will be the only baby I have that will be born in the month I'm actually due.
  • Options
    Both kids were 1 week late. My second had to be induced.
  • Options
    DS was born at 41+5 via induction. He was cozy :)
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS was born Feb 16th and his due date was Feb 28th. He came all on his own. 
  • Options
    Quite inaccurate.  I was induced at 41W 5D.
    Pregnancy Ticker