Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 9/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD: 
WAYDTGKU: 
R/R: 
CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/18

• Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: everything... but I'm reconsidering this temping thing. the anxiety of getting the temp at the right time is already getting to me. And I missed the temp this AM bc our dogs kept barking at loud thunder and I was basically awake/tossing at like 4am til 5:45. So I knew the temp wouldn't be accurate. 

R/R: this day. pouring rains. also my boss (thankfully not my new one once I transition roles) treats me like her 17 yr old daughter and I'm about to flip tf out on her. We are in a tighter space right now due to an office remodel and it gets loud on the phones etc and she literally snaps her fingers at me when she's on the phone and I am too loud. She NEVER does it to the other three people in our space. I'm actually getting mad retyping this. I'm trying to decide how to bring it up tactfully. 

CS/Q: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin - Wow, glad you're not going to have that boss after you transition. That's just rude.
    Month/Cycle: 5/5
    CD: 10
    WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, will start temping tomorrow
    R/R: Sunday evening I came down with a massive head cold, so I took Monday off and watched Friends all day (lol, jk I still had errands to run). And now I'm back at work but still with a headache. 
    CS/Q: Will start temping tomorrow since AF is finally! gone. Anyone else have 8 day periods, and not just spotting, but actually flow all those days? Google is telling me it means my hormones are out of whack.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 it's honestly jarring it is so rude. and I do think an 8 day cycle that is full flow and not spotting is something you should bring up at an appointment 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I think temping can be stressful when sleep isn’t as regular. I would always wake up stressed trying to remember to take my temp rather than wake up rested. I think it’s super helpful for those with irregular cycles though. 

Month/Cycle: 11 (6 benched) 

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: all the supplements. I’ve been sleeping ahhhhmazing since I started working out again about two weeks ago. 

R/R: We have had so much rain and warm weather that the mosquitoes have multiplied like crazy! So I’m stuck indoors for the next few days until they die down. I seem to get bit like crazy. They love me. Rave: I bought some cheap new workout shoes and I love them! So darn comfy! 

CS/Q: nada. I’m taking a relaxed approach this cycle. Not temping has also improved my sleep significantly. I was sleeping only 5-6 hours a night. Now I’m sleeping 7-9 hours! By 9pm I can barely keep my eyes open. 
  • @chichiphin my mouth literally dropped open reading about your boss. HELL NO. That is beyond disrespectful. Bring it up to her higher-up if you don't want to address it with her. Also, I totally feel you on temping. My temps were so erratic and rocky and more than half of the circles were open on my last chart, and it really stresses me out. I find temping helpful to understand what's going on with my cycle, but last month was so bad that I have no idea what day I ovulated. There's no way for me to get a temp at the same time every day. I wake up at different times throughout the night. Just a longwinded response to say you're not the only one!

@marebear15 I'm sorry about your long periods. The only time I had that happen was when I had the copper IUD - heavy flow two weeks out of every month. It may be your hormones.
  • @chichiphin my rage was bubbling just reading that too. Wow, so disrespectful. I'm glad you won't have to deal with her once you transition but that's just so rude. 
    @marebear15 sorry about your head cold. Hope you feel better soon!
    @meatballs37 ew to the mosquitoes. But yay for feeling good about your workouts. Sounds like your new relaxed approach plus your workout routine is making a difference. Sleep is so important. I actually set a reminder for 9:30p tonight to start getting ready for bed early because we're both so dead tired after a busy weekend. 

Month/Cycle: 9/7

CD: 24

WAYDTGKU: things

R/R: My SO is going through a bit of a rough patch right now. He suffers from pretty severe depression and work is stressing him out. That's contributing to him not sleeping, which just amplifies everything even more. I feel helpless, especially knowing he's lying there awake most of the night and I sleep like a rock. HIO is just not happening this cycle either. I'm a little bummed, but I also need him to be ok too so just using this time to try to get my cycles under control.

CS/Q: This chart is so frustrating. Trying not to stress myself out over it because we're kinda benched until he's feeling better.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Lurking

@kiki047 Happy belated birthday! How was your golf trip? It's so hard to watch SO struggle. Mine shuts down and keeps to himself and it breaks my heart to watch. I try to do subtle things to show my support like make his favorite dinners, turn on shows he likes in the evening, leave little treats around etc. The no sleep thing is the hardest, I think. Maybe a back rub and some lavender oil in a diffuser might help?

How is your diet plan going? And the program your new doc has you on?

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: All the things!

R/R: Rant: So tired from the crazy thunderstorm last night that kept me up. Rave: Doing well with trying to drink more water this cycle. 

CS/Q: None yet.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2018
    *lurking from TWW*

@chichiphin that's why I stopped temping as well, it got too stressful. I'm not the best sleeper, always tossing and turning, so I'm not sure when it was even accurate. Then I was anxious over every little fluctuation. Also I usually go to the 6 am class at the gym during the week, and getting up at the crack of dawn on weekends was too much. I never wanted to tell DH what I was doing so I would be like "oh shoot, forgot to turn off my gym alarm, sorry"...haha.
    Also, cannot believe your boss! Thank goodness you won't work with her once you transition to your new role. 
  • @chichiphin I feel like we are in similar areas. This is not the first time we've ranted about like weather patterns... My former boss was like that too! She actually demanded I turn off the keyboard sound on my phone because it annoyed her when I was texting DH. Major eyeroll. And also, I never did it and we got laid off a few weeks after.

@marebear15
    I know a few women who have longer periods but none have taken this journey on yet so I have no idea if it means anything. For your sake I hope it doesn't.

@meatballs37
    oh the mosquitos.... here too and my back yard is essentially a swamp. I read an article that suggested O blood types are bit more frequently because the blood is "sweeter" to them. O+ here so I'll agree with that.

@kiki047
    sorry about your SO. I understand not worry about this cycle since you need him at his best for supporting you. Maybe taking some magnesium will help him? Hopefully once your cycles are making sense he'll be feeling better to and things go swimmingly ( ;) )

@jessig2223
    I am trying to up water intake too. But failing. Coffee tastes better lol

Month/Cycle: 
    14/11

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: CP/CM, OPK, CoQ10, Folate, B6&12, Green Tea, HIO EOD, softcups

R/R: Rain. So.much.rain. I know we shouldn't complain because this is nothing compared to what they got down in NC, but it's a lot for us. Rave- Appt with OB went well enough. I'm getting my testing without any fight even though he doesnt think it will be convulsive. But I have to wait until next cycle (if there is one) and go during AF. 

CS/Q: Decided to temp enough to confirm O. Since I've got plenty of data history, I'll be able to recognize the shift and use manual detection. I realized the stress of not knowing when O was and being "late" and getting a BFN would out weigh the few days of temping stress.

• @nomangos23 happy birthday to you too girl! The trip was lovely. We practically had the golf course to ourselves, it was peaceful and quiet and we didn't play half bad either. How was your birthday? The diet is going.... I've been cheating a little on the carbs but I'm still staying away from gluten and being really careful with everything else. I do feel like it's helping, my body is clearly trying to ovulate but things are still super wonky. I definitely failed on the seed cycling part though. 
    My SO can fall asleep the first time without much trouble but his antidepressants give him really wild, vivid dreams and it wakes him up. He can't fall back asleep after that. I've told him to wake me up if that happens and we can talk through it and I'll rub his back until he falls back asleep but he's only ever done that once or twice. He feels guilty for waking me up. 

And @prpl11butterfly I did start him on magnesium a couple weeks ago. It has helped his leg twitches and sleep quality before he wakes up in the middle of the night but he has trouble staying asleep. I don't even know if something like melatonin will work. Glad your OB was willing to run the tests for you without too much push back. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 my blood is still boiling lol

@nomangos23 any update on that job you mentioned a while back?? 

@prpl11butterfly we must be... I assume you're east coast! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Month/Cycle: 5/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, Femara and FSH

R/R: I need lots of good thoughts for my DH .The job thing is stressful right now which is really all I can say.  I went in for my follicle check today. The biggest was almost 13, then one around 12, one around 11, and some around 6-9.  I am waiting for them to call and give me next steps.

CS/Q: 
  • @chichiphin .OMG that sounds super annoying!

@meatballs37 Ew I hate mosquitoes!  Yay for new workout shoes. I need to get some new ones.

@kiki047 sounds like our husbands are going through similar work stress.  I feel like there isn't much I can do to help mine either.

• rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited September 2018
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: prenatal vitamins, BBT, OPK

R/R: I am so busy at work today. Barely have time to check the boards.

CS/Q: Boring chart at this time.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @sparklingdiamond we thought things would get better after his last psycho boss just decided she was going to retire 6 months early and never came back to work. Claimed "long term medical leave" and the board of directors gave her a pass since she was so close to retirement. The new boss is better so far but he has been doing all of the extra work since May and he's so overwhelmed. I'm doing everything I can, short of doing his actual work for him, but he's still so stressed. I hope YH has a light at the end of his tunnel soon. Sorry he's going through that too. Any more news on England? Lots of positive thoughts for your treatment cycle too! 

TTC History:

• Month/Cycle: 2 after bench, since 2/17
    CD:  15 sounds right
    WAYDTGKU: Temping, opks, sex
    R/R: no work tomorrow, but now I have to appear for a deposition on Friday, which was also my day off.
    CS/Q:  I asked in chart stalk, but how many days of positive opks is concerning?
    @kiki047, I am sorry for you and your dh, My dh has depression too, o know it can be rough 
    @chichiphin, I am sorry temping is so stressful. I am a horrible sleeper though, and FF can always tell when I O.  I second guess it by a day or two sometimes, but it is still pretty accurate.  If I wake close to my normal time, like 1-2 hours, I take my temp twice and just use the one I like best!  ha!
    @prpl11butterfly , I am glad the appointment went well, and while I think he is right to wait a cycle to test, I am certain that is frustrating.

• @chichiphin I had my 3rd and final interview last Thursday... It went okay. She did say it was between me and another candidate so I'm not sure how I'll fare. I'm thinking I should be hearing any day now. Either way would be okay. All 3 interviewers asked me "Have you ever had to deal with difficult people or been disrespected in the work place?" At first I was like, okay, standard interview Q. No problem. But then after the THIRD time someone asked me that... It has me a little nervous. The last thing I need in my life is more difficult people. So... I'm not really sure what to think.

And OMG your boss. Are you kidding? I would have snapped my fingers right back at her. 

@kiki047 I'm glad you guys had a nice time! I was hell bent on making my birthday miserable but decided to stop being a brat and just enjoy the time with friends and family. It turned out to be a really great weekend. Thanks for asking :) 

@prpl11butterfly I'm glad your doc didn't give you too much trouble. My OB wouldn't run any tests after my first chemical and said I was "perfectly healthy" so I moved right on to an RE. What all is he doing? Thyroid, Blood Clotting, Prolactin?

PSA to all my bump friend. If you haven't read Girl, Wash Your Face yet. Please. DO IT. Reading this is SO exactly what I needed in my life right now and if it helps anyone else as much as it has me, I will shout it from the rooftops. 

• We are in a tighter space right now due to an office remodel and it gets loud on the phones etc and she literally snaps her fingers at me when she's on the phone and I am too loud. 

• harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited September 2018
     All 3 interviewers asked me "Have you ever had to deal with difficult people or been disrespected in the work place?" At first I was like, okay, standard interview Q. No problem. But then after the THIRD time someone asked me that... It has me a little nervous. The last thing I need in my life is more difficult people. So... I'm not really sure what to think.
    After three bad terrible workplaces in a row, I've started treating interviews differently. I interview them as much as they interview me. I've experienced this exact line of questioning and came right out with it - "You're leaving me with the impression that xyz manager or xyz team isn't easy to work with..." I'm not advocating doing that, but the looks on their faces were priceless. They backpedaled and the whole tone of the interview changed - for the better, funny enough. 

YMMV.

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/OPKs/N&C, #allthesupplements

R/R: Eh, not a whole lot to share or complain about today. I made a pretty bangin' batch of kombucha, though. 

CS/Q: Meh, but here's my chart if you like stalking them as much as I do. 

• grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited September 2018
    @chichiphin Ugh how incredibly rude of your boss!! I agree that's a tough situation to know how/what to do about it, but I wouldn't be able to put up with it for long!
    @marebear15 I hope your headache goes away quickly! I seem to have the opposite issue - periods that seem too light/short and I'm also reading that could mean my hormones are no good (which I kind of already knew but was hoping they were regulating!).
    @meatballs37 I'm glad to hear you're sleeping better! Maybe working out would help me fall asleep, although I have very little motivation and there aren't many workouts that I actually enjoy doing...
    @kiki047 Thinking about your H and hoping this stressful time passes quickly!
    @prpl11butterfly I'm glad your appointment went well and you're able to get testing without any issues!
    @sparklingdiamond Thinking about your H too and FX for you with your medicated cycle!
    @harrierwife Wow your temps look really consistent!!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs (I had to order more - they've shipped but haven't arrived yet!), PCOS supplements + pnv

R/R: I've had wet CM so really hoping O is near. I'm new to tracking CM so not sure if I've ever noticed EWCM but haven't exactly gone looking for it lol. If I O in the next few days, the end of the TWW will be right before a family wedding, so I have mixed feelings about that.

CS/Q:

• @nomangos23 I'm glad you ended up having a nice weekend after all. I've never been one to make a big deal about my birthday, in fact I used to go out of my way to avoid it, but my parents and SO always try so hard and sometimes it's just easier to go along with it. I hate asking for gifts so this year I gave them a bunch of really specific things with links to Amazon and everything, so they just gave me gift cards :lol: WIN! At least I put the GCs towards the things I said I wanted so it isn't like I just went on a spending spree. My new ninja blender should arrive tomorrow, I'm so excited to blend all.the.things. I have a cuisinart blender already but the motor is dying and it smells like burning plastic when I make our morning smoothies everyday so I'm a little concerned it's going to start a fire one of these days. 

Thanks for the recommendation on the book, I've downloaded a sample on my kindle app! 

@harrierwife I am always in such awe of people who have "normal" charts. So neat and pretty!

TTC History:

• @Kiki047 haha, I do the exact same thing. I got a wind chime and a new of non-stick pans. Also, I LOVE my ninja. Blend to little seeds into a pulp! 
  • @nomangos23 oh good cuz I need to find a way to sneak those seeds back into my diet. Putting it on yogurt wasn't working because it just became yogurt sludge and I couldn't force it down after a day or two of it. The sesame and sunflower aren't so bad but raw pumpkin and flax are gross.

TTC History:

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited September 2018
    thank you EVERYONE for hating that with me. I cooled off after a while and writing it out on here totally helped. You guys are the best haha

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Also sorry for double post - mobile. @nomangos23 I feel you on the potential red flag on that question too many times but don’t sweat it yet!!! fx you get the offer 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @dogmomma271 I hate working out too. I’ve just been watching tv and speed walking on the treadmill. It doesn’t seem as bad when I’m watching tv. 
  • @nomangos23 I think the MMC is what's giving me the leg up with him. I'm not exactly sure what it will be but I told him I want to be tested for clotting disorder. My family history would support the testing so now add my own struggles and I think its justified. If we get to next cycle, I'm planning to take pics of the lab orders so I can look into the what the tests are.

@holly321 yea it's a bit frustrating but I do get it. I seriously doubt there's any lingering hormones. And maybe hes hoping (as I am) that next cycle wont come. As for you OPK, how positive are we talking here? Like blazing undeniable for 3 days straight?

@kiki047 add me to the Ninja love! In fact I have 2 lmao.

@dogmomma271 I'm with meatballs on watching TV while running. It makes it go by much faster. 
  • @prpl11butterfly 100% no doubt positive 
  • Hmmm. Maybe because of the surgery and everything going on your body just needs more time. 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD: 9
    WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, PNV
    R/R: Crazy week with conferences and travel, but I keep analyzing the little data I have. 😂 Good luck all!
    CS/Q: We’ll see if I upload this right!

November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • @chichiphin I have no words for those boss shenanigans...snapping her fingers at you?? No.  Just no.
     @prpl11butterfly I am glad you didn't have to fight with the OB over testing.  And BTW, I am on the east coast, too. :) Love it except in the winter.  One snow day and that's all I need.
    @meatballs37 treadmill and TV is exactly how I work out too (although I do work with weights every few days).  Thank goodness for Netflix and tablets.
    @marebear15 I hope you feel better soon!
    @kiki047 I am so sorry your SO is struggling.  Depression is such a beast.  Hugs to both of you.
    @nomangos23 happy belated birthday!
    @sparklingdiamond sending (belated) good thoughts to your DH.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, tracking with Fertility Friend, OPKs, HIO, red raspberry leaf tea, trying to eat cleaner and cutting down on alcohol.

R/R: Nothing really today.  I just can't believe it's only Tuesday.  I am going to need more chocolate.  Just set me loose in the Ghirardelli factory.

CS/Q: No chart since I'm not temping.  My OPKs were negative today, but I had some EWCM so I am hoping I'll O within the next few days. FF is predicting FW this weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if it's off. 

• @kiki047 That sounds so frustrating for him!  My DH ends up with the bulk of the work too, even though I know a lot of the other employees do work hard too.  But he's always so stressed.