April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 (Due 4/8 - 4/14) w/o 9/17

angelob88angelob88 member
edited September 2018 in April 2019 Moms
Yay for another week! Let's check in!

When are you due?

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?

How are you feeling?

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?

Re: Week 2 (Due 4/8 - 4/14) w/o 9/17

• Options
    When are you due? 4/10 

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? 10 week appointment last Wednesday went well. ER visit on Saturday did too. Still trying not to beat myself up for going, but I admit it was nice to see my little one and have peace that everything is okay. NT ultrasound 10/1, 13 week appointment and NIPT blood draw 10/3! 

How are you feeling? Exhausted, but otherwise good. 

Any questions? Sharing a one-bedroom apartment with baby for a while. Is it worth getting a mini crib, or would a regular sized crib be better? Our room is fairly large and could fit either. 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Sitting on my parent’s front porch and handing out candy with them. First Halloween at their new house and it is very bittersweet for them, since it’s the first time my brother won’t be there to hand out candy with us. Just me this year. We miss him so much, but looking forward to enjoying their new neighborhood. 
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/8

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?  Had an appt with my doc where she tried her old at Doppler and we didn't hear a heart beat.  I will not calm down until my nuchal next Tuesday.

How are you feeling?  Still burping like crazy but good otherwise.

Any questions?  Nope.  Just lots of waiting.  Typical pregnancy haha 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?  Take the kiddos out to a couple houses.  Friends are having a little party at their farm the weekend before so we'll hit that.  I'm thinking of an avocado costume and my belly as the seed.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/8

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I had one today and there was a strong heartbeat of 150bpm on doppler!!

How are you feeling? Ecstatic that baby is doing well and overall I think the nausea is dying down. I've felt pretty good today and only had a bad day Saturday when I had an outrageous dizzy spell. My DH had to walk me to the couch or I would have fallen over.

Any questions? None right now.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Not sure yet. We'll probably take DD trick or treating around the new neighborhood but no plans adult wise.

• Options
    @sdelg09 I had a bassinet with DD and loved it. It was nice to only have to reach down instead of get out of bed so I would say worth it in my opinion.

• Options
    When are you due? 4/11

Had a great ultrasound last week. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow.

How are you feeling? Mostly just exhausted, and sore. My abs actually feel sore/tight, I think from trying to “suck it in”. I’m not actively trying to hide my stomach, but after 31 years of being overweight it’s basically a reflex so I have to try to let myself relax.

Any questions? Not right now

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We’re actually going to Disney World that week! We’re not going to any of the extra Halloween parties, but we’ll be at the parks. And DS is getting his first haircut at the barbershop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom! I’m a huge Disney nerd and this is his first trip to WDW so I’m excited to share it with him!
  • Options
    @sdelg09 What about a pack n play? That’s what DS slept in for a while and then you’ll have it when you need something portable. And most have bassinet attachments.
  • Options
    @sdelg09, I second the pack and play idea.  That's what I used for my first kiddo for the first three/four months with the bassinet attachment on top.  It helped me go back to sleep after all the middle of the night feedings since I didn't have far to go.

@mermaidca, that outfit sounds adorable!  You'll have to post photos.

@angelob88, ugh for dizzy spells.  I've been having my vision go dark when I stand up sometimes, so I definitely feel you.  The only thing my doctor told me was to stay hydrated and take a deep inhale when standing up.

@wearegroot, I think that I'm subconsciously sucking in my stomach too, by the end of the day my low back is killing me.  Disney sounds awesome!  That'll be such a cool experience.

When are you due?
    4/10

I had a dating ultrasound last Friday, everything looked great and the little gummy bear was wiggling around.  My DS got to see it, and see the heartbeat flicker, which was probably more emotional for me than for him, lol.  No appointments until next Tuesday.

How are you feeling?
    Last week I was feeling better, able to eat again, this week I've been feeling awful.  I spent 80% of today lying around on the couch trying to not vomit.  I went in to work late cause I didn't know if I could handle teaching kids while my stomach is in knots.

Any questions?
    No questions really, I'm just so ready to be feeling better again.  My digestive system is screwy, I can't eat normal foods (especially veggies, which I'm usually good about), and my low back and migraines are killing me.  Arghhh.  When will first trimester misery end already?!

Take DS trick or treating downtown, hopefully with some friends.  I'm not sure what he wants to be for Halloween yet, I haven't even thought past this weekend, haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When are you due? April 11

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I had the NIPT testing yesterday. My next appointment is next Thursday.

How are you feeling? Tired.

Any questions? No. It’s my 4th...no big surprises.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Trick or treat with the kids and pass out candy. I ordered a pregnancy skeleton costume from Etsy, it was kind of a splurge at $90 lol but I couldn’t resist.
  • Options
    When are you due?
    April 9

Oct 1 is my next appt. 

How are you feeling?
    Better. Nausea comes and goes. When I’m feeling good I’m starving and inly
    want to eat carbs. Veggies still make my gag.

Any questions?

We sadly don’t get trick or treaters where we live. So we typically take the kids downtown for trick or treating and then stop at a few relatives on our way back. DD wants to be either a super hero(which I’m all for so we can do family costumes lol) or a unicorn. I saw a cute kangaroo costume idea on Pinterest where you belly is the baby kangaroo pouch. I figured I could easily diy it. 
    @mermaidca love the avocado idea
    @wearegroot super jealous you’ll be at Disney for Halloween, it’s on my bucket list. I went when I was 2 and 4 becaue we lived there but I obviously don’t remember lol
  • Options
    @kangstadt I’m feeling your pain!! I was feeling so good last week and then all the sudden I’m totally miserable again. So ready to for this second trimester energy I’ve been hearing about...

When are you due? 4/11

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Appts last week were so good!! So reassuring to hear a heartbeat and see the little peanut. This is our first and DH has no sisters... so a transvaginal ultrasound was a bit... unexpected for him... hahaha. Next appt Oct 8.

How are you feeling? Suddenly super crappy!! Which is so disappointing. I thought I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Any questions? There is a weird tradition in DH’s family that the first born boy’s name has to start with T. We are struggling to come up with any names we really love. Any ideas???

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Hahaha.... we never plan that far in advance. Who knows!
  • Options
    @b9315, my sister didn't help reassure me when she mentioned her nausea lasted til 17 weeks... I'm crossing my fingers it's done and over with in the next two!  As for names, I'm partial to Tyler, it was always a favorite name of mine as a kid cause of the nickname Ty (and it's my son's middle name).  Or there's Tanner, Theo, Tristan, Tre....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdelg09 I agree with a pack and play.  Assuming you may be moving if you're saying you'll be in a one bedroom apartment for a bit. I wouldn't invest in a crib until you had a room for baby...unless you have a house and know what you're working with and you're just waiting.  Pack and play would be easier for moving too if that's in your future!
    @mermaidca Cute idea for a costume!!  And yes, please share pictures if you do that!
    @angelob88 Yikes that dizzy spell sounds scary! Hopefully that's the last of them!
    @wearegroot Have fun at Disney!! Do you need to fly from where you're located or are you able to drive? I get nervous thinking about flying with our son - just seems like there'd be so much involved.
    @kangstadt Oh yikes - I hope your symptoms start to relax a bit with the first trimester kind of coming to an end! I've been eating way too many carbs, and probably gained some extra lbs and I don't even feel bad about it.  It's whatever I can stomach at this point.
    @catherineclaire78 I've been eyeing up skeleton shirts for Halloween! They have some cute ones out there.
    @blueberrymomma Oh girl team carbs all the way!  I had cereal for dinner last night.
    @b9315 All I can think of off of the top of my head is Thomas! Do you guys have any real options yet?

When are you due? 4/11

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Had our weekly scan this morning!  Kind of bummed only two more left with my RE.  Brought our son with us this morning to see his little brother...he gave zero shits lol

How are you feeling? Blah...the usual. Puking in the morning, suuuuper sick feeling at night.  Meh during the day.

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We do a lot the weekends leading up to halloween. We're going to The Glow in Philly - if anyone is in or near a city that has it, I recommend it! It's a really cool Jack o lantern thing.
    We go to an amusement park up the mountains to do their Halloween thing. Might do a train ride.  Actual halloween we will do trick or treating that night..that's about it. No one comes to our house so we drive a few blocks away and trick or treat there. We're on a quiet dead end street with not much going on.
  • Options
    aggie0812aggie0812 member
    edited September 2018
    When are you due? April 10

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Have an ultrasound appointment on Saturday and a 4-week follow up next week.

How are you feeling? Nausea came back with a vengeance on Sunday night, lingered into Monday and is finally slowly subsiding. Boob still sore and I feel drained--doesn't help that it's super hot outside today. I'm a little paranoid of m/c but I'm just generally like this I think...

Any questions? I feel like I'm gaining too much weight, but I know dieting is not a good idea. I've been trying to exercise. Any advice on what I can do?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Well, I have class that evening :( and the weekend before we were invited to a wedding, so I guess we'll just say that I'm going to a wedding. Sounds more fun than class!
  • Options
    @aggie0812 I agree that "dieting" isn't a good idea, but I don't think a diet is ever a good idea, pregnant or not.  Just make smart and balanced choices as much as you can.  Everything in moderation.  As for exercise you should be good to do pretty much anything!  It totally depends on what you did before you got pregnant but any sort of movement and exercise will be beneficial for you throughout this time.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    When are you due? April 14th

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I have a subchorionic bleed. It got much worse over the weekend so I went in to be checked out yesterday. Gummy Bear looks fantastic! Big difference in the sonogram from just 10 days ago. It was a blob before but now you can really tell it is a baby! Next appointment is the 3rd. 

How are you feeling? Morning sickness seems to be getting a little better. Noticed I have had more of an appetite the last day or 2. 

Any questions? 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? No clue! that is way too far off lol! 
  • Options
    @kangstadt @50Wife I love Theo!! But my hubby is dead set on Thea whenever we have a girl... so that may be out. We have a super long last name so I’m trying to keep first names short. So we have really liked Tate and Tage. Thought about Tarren, but unsure about that so far...
  • Options
    @b9315, for me personally, I think of Tarren as a girl (Terryn or Taryn).  You could also go with a two syllable name that has a cute nickname.  Our last name is super long also, so I feel you!

I like Tate a lot too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wearegrootwearegroot member
    edited September 2018
    @b9315 Theodore, Trevor, and Tobias are the T names I’ve got on my list...I have way too many names on my list.

@50wife Yeah, we’re flying. Luckily it’s only an hour and 20 minutes, but it’s going to suck because DS does not like sitting still and does not like napping on us. The last flight he took was just shy of 6 months and he was nearing the end of the newborn tolerating being held all the time phase, but since it’s a relatively short flight we’ll manage somehow. I stopped nursing him almost two months ago but I’m thinking of whipping a boob out anyways to keep him occupied and sitting still :lol:
  • Options
    When are you due?
    April 10

I had an apt on Monday... my "new OB' apt. They used the doppler and could not find the heartbeat so they sent me next door for an ultrasound and right away the tech showed me the wiggling baby and the heartbeat. Was such a relief! They also took a bunch of blood for the genetic testing. Next apt for that is Oct 4.

How are you feeling?
    Have been feeling pretty normal since 9 weeks which is great. I'm currently en route to France to lead a culinary tour (I have a travel business) and I am so relieved to be able to be comfortable traveling and reasonably energetic. Sad I can't enjoy the wine on this trip though!

Any questions?
    Anyone traveling international while pregnant? I'll have 3 trips before Christmas and then I will settle down and nest hardcore for the last 4 months of my pregnancy and all of 2019. Looking forward to that.
    I'm not really sure what to expect for the genetic testing apt. They said it is with a genetic counselor? Blood work results and measuring the neck I think... I don't think the OB is involved in that... anyone know what to expect?

I don't know -- feels far away!!! Definitely a good excuse to eat some chocolate.
    Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I think I’ll start out with a bassinet and work my way from there. There’s a small possibility we’ll move next month (sigh) and just thinking about where to put this baby makes me scream. So I’ve decided on a bassinet and I will worry about the rest in 5 months or so. 

Edit: y’all are so helpful that you literally made me cry. Why???
  • Options
    @kangstadt @wearegroot my husband has a friend named Tarren, DH really like the guys but I think he’s a little weird. So I’m not sure I want to use that name anyway😂
    i like Tobias too!!
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/8

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I had an apt on Tuesday, heard the heartbeat and did my blood draw for the NIPT.. Can't wait to get the results back!!

How are you feeling? Mostly just tired. A little indigestion which is absolutely awful but I think I am past the nausea finally.

Any questions? Nope!

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We are going trick or treating for the first time! Last year it was just too cold for us so we will see how it goes! My son is 2.5 so I think he'll get it. He will be going as a Fireman
  • Options
    @himolly88 I plan to go see my family in Mexico for New Year's. Wish I could afford more travel but hubby and I live on a tight budget due to some job changes and such, b/c if we could I think we would totally travel a bit more! Planning to "settle in" by last trimester. May consider a babymoon near where we live or something.
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/9

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Just a quick scan to make sure the spotting was nbd. I have my official 12 week scan next Friday. 

How are you feeling? I've been feeling a bit better this week. Still tired. 

Any questions? Nah

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Take my boys trick or treating. Little one wants to be spiderman big wants to be a pokemon. 
  • Options
    @himolly88
     I'm in Italy. We went to Ireland a few weeks ago. Headed to Paris / Disney in 2 weeks.  Germany and Austria in November... and then we'll fly from Italy to Maine in December before we drive from Maine to Virginia to Tennessee to live.  

So loads 😂 

Ireland was hard because I was like 8 weeks and throwing up and falling asleep randomly. I'll be at the end of 1st tri for Paris so I'm crossing everything that I'll feel alright. 

Oh and probably you already know this but my OB here in Italy says that 
    toxoplasmosis is really prevalent here in Europe so she warned me against soft cheeses,  meats like salami,  and unwashed raw veggies.