March 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Monday 9/10

A little late, but since @meggyme is out of commission due to the hurricane (stay safe!) I'll get this started for the week!  

How are your fitness goals going? 

Any new goals for this week?

Making any modifications? 

GTKY - What sports did you play growing up?  Same or different as what you do now to say fit?

Re: Fit Mama Monday 9/10

• Options
    How are your fitness goals going? 
    Better!  I made it to the gym 5x last week. I'm exhausted, but I did it!

Any new goals for this week?
    Same as last week, my work schedule will get in the way of my work out schedule, so it will be a challenge this week. 

Making any modifications? 
    Definitely now. My run is slower, and the ab exercises are completely out for me at this point so I am doing a lot of obliques and bird dogs in place of crunches and leg lifts. 

GTKY - What sports did you play growing up?  Same or different as what you do now to say fit?
    I was always a swimmer growing up, and I continued to swim before work as an adult. When I wanted to tone up my legs some more I had to switch to dry land exercise and now do a combination of running, rowing and strength exercises. 
  • Options
    How are your fitness goals going? Really trying to give myself some grace and know that anything I'm doing is better than nothing. High hopes last week of getting all my strength workouts in (4-5) and I only had 3 but I had at least a 20 minute walk every day. Slowly realizing my body isn't always going to do what I want it to do and that as long as I'm getting walks in at least I'm doing something.

Any new goals for this week? Just keep rolling with a new mindset - going to try again for 4 strength days and at least 5 days of walking. 

Making any modifications? I started not timing myself in my workouts - if it's 3 RFT I'm just doing the 3 rounds in however long it takes. Still pushing myself but not driving myself crazy with the timer. 

GTKY - What sports did you play growing up?  Same or different as what you do now to say fit? I was a sports junkie - not that I was good at all of them but I played softball, basketball, volleyball, and soccer. Wanted to join track to be a thrower but they said I'd have to run so I didn't join....hahaha now running is what I do for "fun". I haven't played any sports since college, can't bring myself to join the "old lady drinking league".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How are your fitness goals going? Actually hit them last week and am on track this week.

Any new goals for this week? I was a runner pre-pregnancy and I’m feeling like walking and yoga aren’t quite enough. Might try to figure out something to add.

Making any modifications? Monitoring heart rate.

GTKY - What sports did you play growing up?  Same or different as what you do now to say fit? I ran and danced. Pre-pregnancy I was running regularly, it’s been a relatively consistent part of my life.

• Options
    @HoneyBear40 I hear you on running in track!  I like it now, but in high school I joined senior year because my friend who was a runner did swimming with me. ...I chose to do high jump (and can't recall a time I actually cleared the bar) because that workout had the least amount of running. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 That is awesome! Looking back at it now I laugh because I was actually in pretty good shape in high school thanks to basketball conditioning but I never realized I was.
  • Options
    How are your fitness goals going?  Not too good. I've been sick this past week and haven't run in 3 weeks due to the continued morning sickness I was having until I got sick.

Any new goals for this week? I need to run at least a couple of times and get some walking in. Still getting over a cough though.

Making any modifications? Run/Walk and just rest more

GTKY - What sports did you play growing up?  Same or different as what you do now to say fit? I played everything growing up at least one time, but I do not play any sports now. I enjoy running now, which I hated doing as a kid.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19