December 2018 Moms
Options

BitchWeek 9/10/17-9/16/18

Re: BitchWeek 9/10/17-9/16/18

• Options
    My low tire pressure light is on AGAIN! This is the 4th time since May. I’m hoping it just needs another patch, but it’s so annoying!
  • Options
    Ugh that is so annoying @katy0990. That was happening to me about once a week last winter.  I used one of those cans of slime tire sealant and it stopped.  I've read those can be bad to use but I didn't have any issues.  I've since had all the tires replaced and they didn't say a thing about it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katy0990 I hate all things car. I feel ya so hard.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @katy0990 hope it's nothing major! Mine was going on every couple of days recently and when I had it checked it turned out to be that I cracked the rim  :( I will say though if it's something like that, check out online prices before doing anything! The tire place wanted $600 for one new rim and I bought the same one online for $175.
  • Options
    @katy0990 Good luck! Mine went on for about 5 minutes last week and then went away. I'm calling it a fluke until it happens again.  :D 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so irritable today. Way too many urgent emails all morning that I couldn’t do anything about because of a busy clinic schedule.  

My colleague who quit and the was hired back part time is doing basically nothing. And the one time I insist on having her see a patuent because I am totally slammed, she interrupts me to have me see the pt instead. When I told her no because I was with another pt, she just helped him schedule with me another day. Literally ANY of us on my team can to an initial evaluation, including her. She is sitting doing nothing, and now I have more work to do later because she is slacking. 
  • Options
    @lippy625 Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    @temmetime   I would use that as an excuse to clean the toilet less often lol
  • Options
    @katy0990 I'm sorry about the low tire pressure light! That's so frustrating when you think you fix it and it keeps happening! 

@Jens_Hoes LOVE the meme to start this thread!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 Ugh, all things car related make me cringe! Good luck.

My bitchfest is a big one today.  We brought our dog (our first, best, and favorite...but don't tell the others) to the vet Friday to have a mass on her leg tested.  Of course we get the news today that it's malignant.  Stupid cancer.  She is our baby.  We swear she is more human than canine.  I'm falling apart. Even SO cried, and in 15 years, I've seen him cry exactly 4 times, this included. 

So we have an appointment tomorrow with the oncologist.  As of right now, we are treating with antihistamines and steroids to try to shrink the lump so it's more operable and easier to remove.  This is the absolute last thing we need right now.  So on top of my massive medical bills because insurance is bullshit (thank GOODNESS the hospital billing department is willing to work with us on a payment plan), we will now need to pay potentially thousands of dollars for cancer care for our first baby.  We WERE planning a babymoon in early October, but that is no longer happening because 1) we can't afford it anymore, and 2) we don't want to leave our dog behind while we are away and stress her out in boarding.  And any hope of a traditional wedding in the near future (or even engagement ring, for that matter) are out the window.  We seriously can't afford anything else to go wrong with a baby on the way!  I know they say bad things usually happen in 3s, so I'm just bracing myself for more bad news!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Oh friend, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dog. That's so crushing. Hopefully she responds well to the treatments. Is the vet willing to do some sort of payment plan for the services? I had a cancer scare with my dog last month, and it really is the most helpless feeling :heartbreak: Hugs
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy thank you for the support. It sucks.  I'm sorry you had a cancer scare recently too.  We have our first oncology appointment tomorrow, and I will definitely ask about a payment plan. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared So sorry to hear the news about your dog! Our pets really are cherished members of the family. <3 Hopefully you'll be able to work out a payment plan with the vet. Since you can't do the babymoon now, could you do something special during the time you meant to be gone? Like a special dinner (homemade or out to eat?) And an evening/weekend alone - staycation style? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer thank you. They really are our babies!  We are hopeful about a payment plan, but honestly are willing to do pretty much whatever it takes. Now that we know baby is ok, focus and concern is definitely on our dog.  We were actually talking this morning about a staycation.  We will be planning day trips and dinners at some of our favorite restaurants :)
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Oh no I am so sorry to hear that.  That is my worst nightmare.  Here's hoping your pup responds to the steroids and the operation goes well. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I’m so sorry about your pup! I hope the treatment for him is effective. I know it’s not the same but my mom’s dog had nose cancer and they were able to treat it with steroids for 10 years without him getting any worse. I hope whatever treatment they use works perfectly!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    My car got broken into in my driveway Saturday night. I never leave stuff in the car... but of course that night my purse was left in there and was stolen. So I spent all day yesterday canceling every card I can think of, and then today trying to get a new license and new cards issued. It’s so frustrating and infuriating. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I'm so sorry about your sweet puppy. My dogs and cats are so my babies so I totally understand all of the tears and being upset. I pray she responds well to the treatment and they are able to work with you financially.
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I'm so sorry. I lost my beloved 13 year old dog last fall and it was just heartbreaking. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @scaredunprepared so sorry to hear about your dog. Our pets were our first children - long before we had our oldest kiddo. It’s so hard when they’re suffering. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared so sorry to hear about your furbaby. Fx that you hear good news with the oncologist tomorrow. 

@MissAmber23 sorry to hear about the break in!! This is the kind of stress and extra work we dont need right now! Hope replacing all the cards go well for you!!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I’m so sorry about your pup. Hopefully they can come up with a good plan moving forward. Hugs!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared that is absolutely heart breaking.  I wish there was some way I could help.  I hope you are able to come up with a plan that works for your pup and your pocket book.  
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I’m so sorry about your dog. That must be so tough to handle, especially right now. Good luck tomorrow!

@MissAmber23 I’m sorry about your break in. That really sucks!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I am so sorry about your do.
    @MissAmber23 Ugh about your purse! WORST

My BF is that work sucked HARD today and we just found out that my MIL is in the hurricane evacuation zone in VA and we have to get her here tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lexidawg Good luck getting your MIL!
  • Options
    @MissAmber23 thank you.  I'm so sorry about your purse! I've had my credit card info stolen somehow 3 times in the last year, and that was bad enough to deal with! Good luck. 

@kadeephd @mamajudec2018 @hannelorre @Jens_Hoes @LLynde5 @katy0990 thanks for the kind words, ladies.  Definitely need some love and positivity right now. 

@rosebud332 I'm glad your mom's dog did so well for so long. Hoping ours is the same!

@hkom sorry to hear you lost you dog last year. It's never easy. 

@lexidawg thank you.  Wishing tomorrow's work day is better, and that your MIL gets to you safe (and stays out of your hair).
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope treatment goes well and they work with you on a payment plan as much as possible. You have a lot on your plate right now bills wise, and I know how stressful that can be! Sending hugs!
  • Options
    This stupid hurricane is going to be the death of me. It keeps shifting North so now I'm seriously considering evacuating. By myself. With 3 kids and 2 dogs. 26 weeks pregnant. That honestly sounds even more crazy to me than staying!! UGH! I just want someone to tell me "No, you don't need to go, you'll be fine" or "yes, get out now. It's bad" but the forecast is so up and down and changing constantly that I just don't know the right call to make. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @orangecrush29 I was wondering if you were having to evacuate. I’m sorry you are having to deal with this! Do you have family or friends you could stay with?

@maureenmce That sounds like such a rough day! Not having full bladder control sucks, for sure. If I am wearing a dress, I always slather lotion between my thighs and that really helps to prevent the chafing. I hope tomorrow is better!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I'm so sorry to hear about your pup! They truly are our family! I've been through the ringer with my dog, two and a half years ago he severed his spine and had emergency surgery and a 2 week hospital stay. Take a look in to Care Credit. It saved me when trying to figure out where to come up with all the money for his care and a lot of vets/animal hospitals accept it as payment. I hope the oncologist appointment goes well today! <3
  • Options
    @maureenmce ugh that’s super poopy. Peeing myself while coughing, sneezing, walking has become a way of life for me. Hope today is better for you!
  • Options
    @orangecrush29 Good luck with your evacuation, if you decide to do it!

I have a stupid complaint which is really my fault.  I have been using Sun Bum zinc oxide on my face, and I just realized it is not just a mineral sunscreen.  It also has a chemical sunscreen in it.  This is the second time this pregnancy I have made the mistake of using a chemical sunscreen after actively trying to avoid it.  Why is this so hard for me?  I know it's my fault, but at the same time I get so frustrated with having to check the ingredients on every single thing.  If I buy a zinc oxide sunscreen, it's because I want ZINC OXIDE in the sunscreen, not a bunch of other crap like octisalate.  Back to Aveeno baby for now.  Hopefully I didn't poison my kid too much.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I can understand the frustration of try to avoid something but don’t be hard on yourself!