Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 9/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 9/10

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 4?

WAYDTGKU: Everything + temping this cycle

R/R: It's monday, it's raining, 30+ degree temp drop here and I think I'm getting sick. Standard.

CS/Q: Symptomatic question - so with temping I will confirm that my LP really is only 9 days, but now I'm concerned it is an overall progesterone issue. My AF this month has been VERY light. like, I haven't filled a tampon once. It also last about 2.5 days. Looking back on my time on bc pills (the past 13 yrs), I'd have at least one day out of 5-7 days of heavy flow that resulted in full tampons or even sometimes leaking unfortunately. Am I reading the literature correctly that these are all signs of poss low progesterone? Thanks!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, will start temping when AF is gone

R/R:
    Rant: Disappointed to be here. Although my hopes were low the whole month after I first thought it was an-O, and then a late O, and then my LP was freakin' 8 days, EIGHT!
    Rave: Had a crazy weekend of birthday parties and still have two more this month! It's hectic but fun. Anyone else have a crazy amount of birthdays in September?

CS/Q: Nothing to see.
  • Loading the player...
  • @chichiphin - I haven't read anything about a light flow being the cause of low progesterone, but I know that a short LP can be a symptom. Did you try B6 last cycle?
  • @marebear15 sorry for the 8 day LP ugh. Yes, I've been doing vitex & B6 over the past two cycles. At one point I swore I got to an 11 day LP this cycle, but I think the most likely case is that I misjudged ovulation. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD:  17

WAYDTGKU:   did OPK, BBT (but dropped the ball)

R/R:   I have no real idea if I'm WTO or TWW.  Usually 30-32 day cycle with O near day 20...did Clearblue Advanced OPK and it had me at "high" for several days last week, never at "Peak."  No real EWCM (I usually do have it), and I totally messed up with temping (chart looks like a mountain range and I missed several key days this weekend due to travel).  If I *did* O last week, then we likely missed my FW for HIO...DH and I had several days of travel/meetings that kept us apart for all but one night.  

CS/Q:  I'm going to keep checking CP/CM, with fingers crossed that I might still O this week?  Timing would be so much better for HIO.  
  • meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited September 2018
    @chichiphin  @marebear15 *gets out google to look up about B6* I didn’t realize it helped with lengthening LP. I have heard of ladies increasing their vitamin C to help. But not B6. Interesting. 

@lcking82 I definitely giggled when you said your chart looks like a mountain range. My LP looks the same right now. I can totally relate. 

Month/Cycle: 10 (soon to be 11, 6 benched) 

CD: 26, DPO 12. But another bfn this morning. Still brown spotting. Come on AF, just show your ugly face. 

WAYDTGKU: all the supplements...I may take next cycle off from temping since my OPKs matched up with my temp rise last cycle. Definitely upping my CoQ10 to 200 mg. 

R/R: Just feeling a bit sorry for myself again today. I need to get over it and buck up. 

CS/Q: nothing to see

eta: AF arrived literally an hour after posting this. I’m a little worried my LP isn’t long enough since I had brown spotting a few days before. My last cycle was short too. And before that I took a break from tracking. 
  • @chichiphin super light af here too. Can you schedule a progesterone test?
    @marebear15 I have a lot of cousin birthdays this month.
    @lcking82 fingers crossed you didn't O this past week!

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: HIO, Temping, OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R: its monday but I'm actually being productive this morning.

CS/Q: nothing yet. 
  • @meatballs37 I've seen B6 as an overall good vitamin for a regular cycle. I should try vit C too...
    @asupernovablizzardstorm I think I'm "too early" for testing. Only month 5. My doc did say tho that due to my LP and **TW** my CP last cycle, we can talk and look at options around month 7 or 8. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin did you stop taking vitex & b6 during your AF? I think both of those can affect your flow if you keep taking them without a break. 
    @marebear15 I'm sorry about your cycle :( 
    @lcking82 I hope you get your ewcm this week! 
    @meatballs37 I'm sorry about your bfn :( 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, fish oil, acupuncture, kindara app, cm, bbt, opk

In preparation for this week's HIO, I dug deep yesterday and discovered some "new to me" info in the Kindara knowledge base that I plan on using this week:
    1. Saliva immobilizes sperm, so goodbye oral
    2. Women who O with their parter or after their partner retain more sperm in their vagina than women who O before their partner or not at all. 
    3. Elevating your hips after sex does nothing but laying still for 15 minutes to retain sperm in the vagina improves chances of conception. 
    4. There is a treatment for low CM on the market called ToConceive that is approved by the FDA, you apply it daily for at least 3 months and it is supposed to increase the amount of fertile CM that your body produces. I think if this week doesn't work I'm going to try it next cycle.

R/R: I am having some weird stuff the past day.. a bit of spotting, a bit of ewcm, mild cramping. I'm not at O yet so I'm thinking I must have jarred my cervix over the weekend and it's retaliating at the worst possible time. If this cycle is a bust, I'm going to go to my Obgyn to have her take a look. 

CS/Q: Anyone else have random spotting before O and still continue to have a normal cycle? 
  • @mamanbebe heyyy cycle twin! [Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, though!]

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, prenatals, preseed (sometimes), monitoring CM (does that count? ha) 

R/R: none at the moment. I started Whole30 today and am hoping that helps...I'm sure tomorrow - the rest of the week I'll be in a "ranting" mood

CS/Q: Has anyone had EWCM really early...like CD7? I usually get a +OPK around day 11-12, but have been having lots of EWCM (when typically I hardly have any) since day 7. Weirding me out. 
  • @mamanbebe interesting - no I stop everything once AF comes bc I hate taking pills ha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin that's so weird. maybe the vitex is just making your periods lighter? i've also noticed some changes in my cycles with supplements this year but i still have the one crazy heavy day in the mix of a bunch of super light days. it makes me wonder what "normal" is for other people. 

@b_1029 Hey cycle twin! I think it's normal to have 3-4 days of ewcm before O. I used to have heavier cm in general and several days of ewcm in my 20s to early 30s but now I'm down to 1-2 days. 
  • *lurking* to ask @mamanbebe about your acupuncture experience... I want to give it a try! How often do you go? Do you time it before ovulation? General thoughts? 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, Supplements, and now Femara and Follistim

R/R: I am happy to have finally started because now we can do our treatment cycle. I go tomorrow for baseline u/s and blood work .

CS/Q:  I don't even know if I will temp this cycle .
  • @chichiphin Actually I think a light flow means your lining isn't building up much. This is the problem I have. 

@marebear15 That sounds like my August. My husband and a couple other family members all have August birthdays. 

@meatballs37 I am glad she at least showed up so you can get on with itbut sorry she showed up again.

@mamanbebe I definitely am going to look up that supplement you mentioned to help with CM.

@heml Butting in but I've been doing acupuncture for several years.  I have PCOS and didn't have regular cycles.  It helped regulate them.  I went once a week. 
  • @heml It's been good! I have been going almost every week since May. I went with the intent of reducing stress and balancing energy (Qi) but it has now had the added benefit of helping fertility along. I also see a naturopath separately who is also an acupuncturist, and she said recently that whether you see someone specifically for fertility or for other concerns, acupuncture will always be beneficial to fertility because it improves your body's flow of energy. 

@sparklingdiamond Let me know if you get it! I am super intrigued.
  • Thanks for chiming in @sparklingdiamond! And thanks @mamanbebe. Contacted someone re: an appt so I’ll report back! :)
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 post bench, started ttc 2/17

CD: 9 maybe

WAYDTGKU:  hopefully having sex at some point, lmao.  

R/R:  I could rant all day, so I will try and be positive. Although it is rainy, I am loving the cooler weather.

CS/Q: none

@sparklingdiamond, I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!
    @b_1029, I have before, but, my cycles can vary in length.  
  • @marebear15 I'm sorry you're back here and that last cycle was so confusing. :(
    @lcking82 I love your avatar with the dinosaur!
    @meatballs37 I totally get your frustration with a few days of spotting.  I had that longer than usual last cycle and I felt like my body was TRYING to piss me off. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm kudos to you for being productive on a Monday morning!
    @mamanbebe that's interesting that there is a treatment for low CM.  I barely had any EWCM last cycle so I might need to look into this if that trend continues.
    @sparklingdiamond good luck at your appointment tomorrow!
    @holly321 glad you are enjoying the cooler weather. :) I'm glad the 90 degree heatwave is over here, but was not prepared to have to wear a jacket today!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, tracking with Fertility Friend, red raspberry leaf tea, OPKs, HIO

R/R: Posting super-late again...hoping I can find time earlier in the afternoon from now on! Other than the usual back to school adjustments, not much is going on.  

CS/Q: Not temping, so no chart to stalk. 
  • Super late today so no tags but...

Month/Cycle: 14/8 (6 benched)

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs, temping, PNVs (when I remember)

R/R: rant - work will be very busy this week, rave- we are getting some fall weather and I love it!

CS/Q: this cycle has been very weird. I didn’t have any CM and then yesterday all of a sudden, but I typically get a positive OPK on CD12 and nothing today, but felt O pain earlier. I have no idea. But hopefully my body is doing something :) no question here, just more of a rant