February 2019 Moms

Appointments - September 2018

The weekly appointment thread didn’t do so well, so let’s try a monthly one!

Any appointments coming up?

Feel free to update with how it went!

Re: Appointments - September 2018

• Loading the player...
  • @cassafrass15 That’s too bad that you need to get your cervix checked a lot :(

I’m going for my anatomy scan on Wednesday and then I have my OB appointment on Friday. Busy week!
  • A/s on monday the 10th and mw appt the 19th!
  • Monthly check on Monday. Nice thing is if they can’t get her on Doppler they’ll grab a portable ultrasound machine. Either way I get to hear or see her. I have my A/S on the 29th which is awesome because it’s a Saturday so H and DD get to join me. 
  • Anatomy scan and appointment on Thursday! Can’t wait to see this feisty little babe again. I think I’ll be 18w6d, but the nurse who scheduled it said I’d be 21 weeks soooo that’s fine too I guess lol
  • I have my gender reveal scan Monday. It is an elective scan where they will just look at the gender, in 5D!. Not medical but exciting anyway because there was a special I could actually afford.  It will be in 5D with a video recording, color print out and access to all the black and white photos digitally as well. We also opted to purchase a "heartbeat buddy". It is a stuff animal that will have a recording of the kids heartbeat. So excited.

Then Thursday normal OB appointment. Seems less exciting than the scan coming up though
  • @ChloandCoco Yea, it sucks. But better safe than sorry I suppose!

Exciting week for you next week! Good luck!
  • A/S sept 20 and then seeing OB on the 26th (I think lol)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have to have ultrasounds and see one of my OBs (I have two) every two weeks, so I go this week and then have my anatomy scan and another ob appt at the end of the month. So much scheduling. 
  • I swear my lady is the only one ALWAYS running late. People that have 11:15 appts have gone back before me. Thank goodness for free WiFi.
  • AS on the 17th, and OB on the 18th! I am getting impatient here just to see this kiddo again.  Ditto on the free WiFi!
  • @madreofdragons if you want i can start scheduling same day same practice as you and I can  guarantee you'll be seen before me. Without fail. I'm used to waiting and being last as my maiden name started with Z, 24 years of that doesn't just disappear even though I moved up in the alphabet ha

We have our monthly appointmnent on the 21st, I imagine we'll set up our AS after that, I'll be 19wk 3 days so hopefully sooner rather than later. 
  • @ksdelong20 my maiden name was the last of the Ws, my married name is V -_- The struggle is real. I feel you.

And fwiw, the worst of it was all during school. Preschool through college. AWFUL. Now that I'm not in school it's not as often of an issue, thankfully.
  • notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited September 2018
    Yesterday was a regular check-up but it took FOREVER waiting. Poor DD got antsy and when the doctor finally came in, I was distracted and couldn't wrangle her quick enough and she pinched her finger badly in the stirrups  :s

Needless to say I made sure DH is coming to the next one.

Got to hear the heartbeat, which was the main goal. Anxiety temporarily assuaged.

ETA level II AS scheduled September 25 (18w6d)
  • Had my OB appointment today and he told me that on the u/s they noticed that the umbilical cord is offset, so I will need to go for a growth scan around 30-32 weeks to make sure the baby is growing properly.
    My OB didn’t seem concerned, and there’s nothing that can be done about it now.
  • @ChloandCoco If your doc doesn’t seem concerned I wouldn’t worry either. Even though I know it’s hard not to worry, it’s in our nature to worry if the doc so much as coughs in a weird way.

At least this means you’ll get to see your baby again before birth! I bet everything is fine!
  • @grebretso Thanks! I’m sure everything is fine too. But I really wanted this pregnancy to go as smoothly as possible.
  • @ChloandCoco thinking about you, I know how even things your doctor “isn’t concerned about” can still be concerning for you. Hugs. Fingers crossed that your next scan comes back looking a-ok!
  • Had a regular OB appt on Tuesday. HB was good and I’m measuring about a week ahead, which makes sense with how big I’m feeling. I’m also anemic, which I trend toward even when not pregnant, but my levels aren’t improving even with increased iron intake. Anybody else ever had a similar issue? Do they do iron infusions during pregnancy?

Level 2 ultrasound on the 20th.
  • @wrensnest, they definitely do iron infusions during pregnancy and frankly I find them a lot easier 
  • I have my anatomy scan Monday, at 19 weeks.  I am paranoid AF about it!  
  • @lifeislove87 Good to know! Thanks! I’ll definitely ask about that at my next appt.
  • @sjnsjnsjn same here, girl (but mine is on Friday). Let us know how it goes! We'll be thinking about you.
  • Thanks, @eggsandwich2019! I will def update afterwards, hopefully with good news. :)
  • I have my anatomy scan and then an OB appointment this morning! It feels like my 12w scan was a lifetime ago. I want to know that everything is fine, placenta is in a good spot and that my weight and blood pressure are ok. 
  • sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited September 2018
    @eggsandwich2019- Mine went totally great yesterday. Hope yours does too.  I imagine you are wishing Friday would get here stat!
  • @becks_726 How did everything go today? 
  • Mw appt yesterday (20weeks) heartbeat was all good, and my stomach is measuring on track.  Could hear baby moving around lots through the doppler :).

I have at U/s early October at the high risk unit to have a look at the placenta (placenta previa over here), and will have another one scheduled around 28 weeks.  Otherwise, all is good!

Have to book a dr appt for DTAP? shot around 27-30 weeks, apparently a newer recommendation within the last couple of years. Yay, love needles...