May 2019 Moms

Symptoms - September

Re: Symptoms - September

• Omg you guys. I am on a train right now and something or someone smells like ketchup. The smell is making me so queasy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cikcikpolicnik yes, I was going to go to bed at 7:00 last night but I wasn’t done grading papers for today! I was in bed by 8:15 and asleep at 9 but I’m up at 5:30 and uff, 8.5 hours is NOT enough sleep!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @bluesky24 eww that sounds awful! A guy in the office next door to mine has an oil diffuser and it's usually so lovely and minty, but now it smells barfy and minty. Not enjoying it haha.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom ughhhh I feel for you. Things that have a scent right now are the worst.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    @zuuls_mom I have the exact same problem! The person at the desk next to me is all about peppermint essential oil. I can't stand it right now - soooo barfy. I opened the window today, but I might just work elsewhere next time. 

AFM the sex dreams have begun! Probably the only fun pregnancy symptom  :lol:
  • @zuuls_mom @bluesky24 Lunch time at the office has become my least favorite part of the day. So. many. smells.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 I am so glad I don't work near the break room anymore! I did during my last pregnancy and it suuuucked. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @thismustbethemom omg I did have a sex dream like two nights ago. Haha I forgot this is a pregnancy thing. 
    Ticker

• aels12 said:
    TMI but is anyone else getting stomach aches and just pooping a ton this pregnancy? This is getting ridiculous. 
    Me! But I have IBS w/ D to begin with so that shit (pun intended) ain't new. 

• aels12 said:
    TMI but is anyone else getting stomach aches and just pooping a ton this pregnancy? This is getting ridiculous. 
    Me! But I have IBS w/ D to begin with so that shit (pun intended) ain't new. 
    This was me last pregnancy :grimace:

• kvh22 wait, insomnia is a pregnancy symptom?! I mean, I knew it's hard to sleep later in pregnancy because you're uncomfortable, heartburn, peeing all the time, cramps, etc. But it's really a symptom even early on when you don't have the other stuff yet? 
    If that's true that would make total sense as to why I can't sleep! That's actually why I ended up POAS in the first place. I couldn't sleep that night and was bored so I thought, 'eh, might as well do it now!" 

• @expandcontract yes! It's apparently caused by all the hormones. I had no idea last time so didn't get to appreciate the sleep to it's fullest before getting pregnant. I think the hormones settle down a bit after the first trimester so that part is better but you're uncomfortable, like you said, so just as bad, plus...still hormones  >:)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• See FTMs? Even STMs+ get their mind blown by learning new shits about pregnancy. 

woah face wow GIF

• I’m sooo crampy like I’m about to get my period. I remember this from last time but forgot how strong the pain can be!

• Today is 5 weeks for me and NO SYMPTOMS! I’m trying to enjoy it but of course it makes me wonder if everything is okay in there. 
  • Omg cramps wtf.
    Girl, same. 

• Okay, I have a weird one. Right before I got my BFP (I'm assuming around implantation time), the tips of my fingers swelled out so that the ridges were almost smooth. It was super weird. Now, my fingertips are peeling. Boo. Is this an actual pregnancy symptom? Or just a coincidence? I haven't been playing with any weird chemicals and I definitely didn't have HFM, so I don't know why this is happening! It doesn't hurt, it's just odd and annoying. I had some really strange symptoms with my previous pregnancy, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have yet another one that is super uncommon... 
    Ticker

• @missmcgonnagal @DuchessOfCambridge yes to the cramping! Today was so bad, for some reason. Could have to do with the intimate time DH and I had this weekend!  
  • Definitely tired. 2pm is nap time. Extremely sore boobs. Have to pee constantly! And a fair amount of nausea if I don’t eat frequently enough. 
  • FWIW cramping has turned into diarrhea and vomiting and constant nausea. I've thrown up three times since yesterday. Sucking down nasty coconut water to stay hydrated.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kvh22 said:
    @zuuls_mom Oh no!! I'm prepared to feel like crap when I hit 6 weeks but never threw up with DD. I feel for you and any other ladies who actually get sick :(

WRT sleep, maybe ignorance is bliss but I slept horribly all pregnancy last time and had no idea that was a pregnancy symptom beforehand...it did not get better. Tossing and turning all night, waking up randomly and not able to fall back asleep, etc. This has already hit for me at just shy of 5 weeks. Go to bed earlier! I was usually in bed by 9pm each night but with getting DD ready for daycare, I don't think I can sleep in as much this time so might have to push that up.
    You are pretty tired during the first tri since you are making the placenta - once that's complete, you get a bit more energy back (yay second trimester!!) but it doesn't make any insomnia issues better from my experience.

**********************++++********+++++
    UGH STUCK IN BOX

My insomnia last pregnancy was awful and traumatizing and debilitating. I  not at all exaggerating at all when I say that I didn’t sleep more than 7 hours in an entire week and didn’t sleep for 96 hours straight at one point. It was Crazy pants. I ended up on a bunch medications and eventually I started getting 4-6 hours a night. I am the only person I’ve ever heard of who started sleeping more after the baby was born. 

Anyway, needless to say I’m terrified this will happen again. The last couple nights I’ve woken up in the middle night and been awake a few hours before falling back asleep. I would take pretty much any other symptom over insomnia- it’s the worst!
  • @chloe97 that sounds absolutely awful! I will no longer be complaining about my mild insomnia anymore! I hope it doesn’t happen to you again. 
  • @chloe97 that is just awful! I've had bouts of insomnia in my life and thankfully they were very short lived.  I know it feels 10× worse due to the fact that you're usually up by yourself and it feels so lonely.  What kind of medicine did they put you on? Im just curious.  I seriously hope this doesn't happen to you again.  Hopefully, in your case this pregnancy will be different in a better way. 

• @expandcontract So at first I was on Ambien (which is Class C) and I would get 4-6 hours a night. It took a week though for me to find a Dr who would prescribe it to me. I’m not kidding you when I say that 3 benedryl and unisom were doing nothing to me at all. I actually was delusional and made DH take me to the hospital 4 times. After I started Ambien things got better, but then it stopped working and I got switched to trazodone which I took the rest of my pregnancy (also class c). My Dr also put me back on zoloft (I had gone off of it 3 years before TTC). I’m not going to lie, I was super worried about taking all these drugs, but I had a psychiatrist who specializes in maternal psych and she told me the risks were greater if I would not be on them. DD is amazing and shows no issues. There are times when I wonder if her pretty constant bronchiolitis was caused by the Ambien since that was the one birth defect reported are related to lung issues, but my pediatrician thinks she will outgrow it. She’s met or exceeded all her milestones so I worry less about it these days.

When DD was 6 weeks old, I weaned off the trazodone and slept 6+ hours every night without any meds. I never tried to breastfeed though bc of the sleep issues, we made the decision that we should formula feed and share nights. I would sleep 8-2:30 and DH would sleep 2:30-9.  I would love to breastfeed this next time, but I know focusing on my health and well being is more important that breastfeeding for the long term development for LO, so we will see. Because of the deep deprivation I suffered severe pregnancy depression. It was all awful. 
  • @chloe97 That's so interesting that they put you on Trazadone. I take traz normally and have stopped since I found out I was pregnant but my sleep has been awful, was thinking about taking some tonight.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @missmcgonnagal Yes- definitely consult your OB AND psychiatrist (if you have one), they may tell you there are risks- but there are risks if you aren’t sleeping well too! Particularly driving drowsy is as bad as driving drunk and of course risk of depression etc.  I was a wreck with worry about it, but DD is doing great, so I’m glad I made the decision to follow their advice.
  • @peachy13 Haven’t had a loss of appetite so far, and kind of wish I would because I’m on the FEEEEEED MEEEE train all day every day
  • poshspiceposhspice member
    edited September 2018
    @peachy13 I'm beginning to lose my appetite... 

...And it's for a horrible reason. I had this symptom with DD and it's the grossest and super unusual because no one else in my BMB had it - so I don't really expect anyone else here to have this one, either. So apparently my mouth chemistry or pH or something changes drastically when I'm pregnant, because I get a gross coating/buildup on my tongue that needs to be scraped off at least once a day. It makes my mouth feel gross and makes everything taste bad. I was hoping it wouldn't pop up, but it was evident last night that it is going to be bad again. I was tested for yeast and all kinds of things last time around, and it was nothing. I finally saw my dentist and she said to just take care of it with a tongue scraper and mouth wash, so at least I know what to do this time. But oh man, the next 34 weeks with this crap is going to suck. At least I know from experience that it will be gone after delivery!

So if you have a gross taste in your mouth and your food is starting to taste sour, just stick out your tongue and look at it the mirror! It took me weeks to figure it out during my first pregnancy. 
    Ticker

• chloe97chloe97 member
    edited September 2018
    @poshspice Do you have dry mouth at all? Because I was on so many meds so I never knew for sure that it wasn’t the Ambien, but from 5-20 weeks pregnant my mouth and eyes were so dry I had to sleep with these dry mouth lozenges and put eye drops in my eyes constantly. I thought for sure I had an auto immune disease, but then it just went away when my meds were switched up. No Drs could explain it.

ETA But I would have like a yeast buildup in my mouth and a gross white coating on my tongue. I used coconut oil mouth rinses and it helped, but it was miserable. 

Also my fingernails were so hard that I could not cut them with a clippers. Has to file them down and it smelled like burnt hair. So weird and gross. Now I feel like vomiting thinking of that smell.
  • Feeling blah today. Not nauseous but not 100%. Slept like crap last night and my nips aren’t so hard and sore they could probably cut paper. Happy to be having any symptoms at all though! Feeling like good things are on our horizon.
  • I took a nap because I felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open and am now even more tired. I feel like I am in a daze. I hate first-tri exhaustion!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @poshspice my friend had that while pregnant with her DD!!! She complained that everything tasted really nasty and sour she brought it up to her doctor several times but I don’t think anything was every figured out.  Heres to hoping it’s not so bad for you this time around! 

On a side note I am a huge fan of using a tongue scraper in general it just makes my mouth feel cleaner or something. Although gag reflexes have put that on hold. 
  • @chloe97 all of that sounds awful!! I guess my mouth was a bit dry when I woke up this morning, but I feel like I have enough saliva. I feel like I’m getting some sore tastebuds, too. Ugh this is the most miserable symptom! 

Add indigestion to my list. That’s when it feels like heartburn in your stomach (the organ), right? I don’t have heartburn or indigestion in my regular life and I didn’t have it with my last pregnancy. So this is fun... 
    Ticker

• @jessica41879 this is the first time I’ve ever heard of anyone else having that symptom! Glad to hear I’m not completely alone!! It is seriously the worst. And yes, the gag reflex is so strong right now. I hate using the tongue scraper but I NEED it lol. 
    Ticker

• @chloe97 I'm so glad your doctors were able to help you sleep at least a little bit.  Im on Zoloft, too, for depression.  And they are definitely right when they say that it's also dangerous if your depression is not under control. Thats what made me finally stick to the meds.  

@poshspice I used to get that when i was little. It would happen whenever I couldn't breathe through my nose and I'd wake up with that coating in my mouth. I think it could be related to dryness.? 

• One of my coworkers is due in February and today at lunch someone asked her if she's had any unpleasant symptoms. Apparently not, except that her clothes don't fit anymore. Ugh, I'm so jealous! 

I've been barely getting through my days. I refuse to puke anywhere that isn't home, especially not in the staff washrooms which I'm sure are not soundproof enough for that. Even worse, with book fair on this week, I'm never alone throughout the day to regroup and recover and eat crackers - there's always at least one volunteer, and most often a minimum of 5 kids. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• edited September 2018
    @k2k2tog it's very possible your coworker is lying.  I don't know why people do it but they lie about stuff like this.  I wouldn't believe what she says. And you def don't need to stress yourself out comparing yourself to her.  

ETA: Autocorrect complaining to comparing

• @expandcontract I'm generally pretty trusting, so I didn't even think that she might be lying! But... why? I am going to feel such relief when I can start to tell people and don't have to put on a face as much any more.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019