May 2019 Moms

Symptoms - September

Re: Symptoms - September

• Is anyone else having hot flashes?! I did not have this with either of my first two kiddos but oh man. It’s insane.

Also, all of the emotions. There’s a lot of ugly crying going on over here.
  • @FutureMrsSteelers I have had a couple but contributed it to all the estrogen and progesterone I am on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing major yet!  Mild breast soreness, fatigue, some cramping, frequent urination definitely!!!
  • Unbelievably tired, my sister was visiting the past 3 days and were keeping it a secret still so not getting to take a nap was torture! I have small B boobs but I swear are now at a C yaaaay except they are so painful, nipples too.
  • I have slight fatigue, food aversions, crazy sense of smell and my body itches all over   is that normal?  
  • Soooo sleepy, thats how the BF knew I was pregnant before the positive! Also cant stop peeing or crying! oh the joys of hormones 
                                                  <3<3Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker <3<3   
  • @floridamom2be39 I totally had the itchiness early on with my first pregnancy -- I had to switch deodorants for a little while to one of those "natural" ones that doesn't really do much of anything because my armpits got so irritated if I used any antiperspirant.
    kids with flags
  • @secicc12 lol my Husband said the same thing. I am so bloated, my jeans are so tight right now.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Painful itchy boobs and I want all the red meat. Otherwise I'm good so far 
  • Starting to realllyyyy feel nauseous, which happened with my son as well. I’m honestly surprised I’m having any symptoms this early, but it is slightly reassuring. 
  • Before I found out I was pregnant I would gag everytime I brushed my tounge while I was brushing my teeth- and it was when I was brushing the front part of my tounge, not the back, which NEVER happens. 
    Right now I'm 5w1d and my symptoms have been sore boobs (and nipples, holy cow!), fatigue, increase of flatulence, bloating, mild nausea here and there, and the backpain just started today.
    I'm really hoping when the morning sickness kicks in it's either at night or it's not super bad. I teach toddlers so I can only imagine how it's be if I couldn't make it to a bathroom on time
  • I have been super emotional, EXTRA tired, I have mild cramping, my BBs are sore, I have been waking up in the middle of the night to pee. I am usually in bed and asleep by 9:30, and wide awake by 4am... tonight I just can't sleep. 

:D 
  • Lots of trips to the bathroom.
    I am craving fruit, like I did with my daughter.

Previous pregnancies I had sore boobs and nausea at this point, so I am expecting those soon.

• Before I found out I was pregnant I would gag everytime I brushed my tounge while I was brushing my teeth- and it was when I was brushing the front part of my tounge, not the back, which NEVER happens. 
    Right now I'm 5w1d and my symptoms have been sore boobs (and nipples, holy cow!), fatigue, increase of flatulence, bloating, mild nausea here and there, and the backpain just started today.
    I'm really hoping when the morning sickness kicks in it's either at night or it's not super bad. I teach toddlers so I can only imagine how it's be if I couldn't make it to a bathroom on time

My biggest fear is puking in front of one of my classes (I teach high school... so that would pretty much be it for the rest of the day... it would be terrible, and they would probably all instantly suspect that I'm pregnant.)  Last time, I stocked up on snacks and sour candies to keep in my desk so that I could keep a little something in my stomach all the time and keep the nausea at bay.

kids with flags
  • atinsley0625atinsley0625 member
    edited September 2018
    @brie_and_almonds That's a great idea! I'll definitely be doing that. Thank you for the great tip
  • Well 12 hours of sleep seems to be the right amount lol. 
    Woke up today to my hips sore, lower back aching, cramps in my lower abdomen. 
    I have a gallbladder stone so I might be getting ready to pass that but if this overall sore feeling doesnt stop, I might call my doctor tomorrow to see me. I would normally take Advil but thats a no go when pregnant. And no tylenol here. 
    I know its too early apparently to crave things but I'm craving coffee but the moment I try it it tastes horrid so I dump it. Been two days of that. and I'm craving apple juice something fierce 
  • Is anyone else having hot flashes?! I did not have this with either of my first two kiddos but oh man. It’s insane.

Yes!! I don't remember the hot flashes with my other two either. I guess I've had a few more birthdays since then though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel like junk every day and I have for about 2 weeks. I had no morning sickness during my last 2 pregnancies and my first pregnancy has minor ms that started at 7 weeks so I am shocked to be feeling so sick so early. I am nauseated & fatigued every single day.  

Yes to the hot flashes!!
  • @quinnbabies I am super shocked by the fatigue. This is my first pregnancy but I can barely make it through the day without a nap! I was supposed to start work last week (I’m a 4th Grade Teacher) but we were closed due to busing issues. I have no idea how I’m going to make it through a full work day without my nap! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @brie_and_almonds meeeee too! My 8th graders would totally put two and two together (what do you teach, btw?).  I just purchased a bunch of ginger drops, sour candy, and rice cakes to help keep nausea at bay.  Today was my first day when I felt nauseous midday.  I'm really hoping it doesn't get much worse, but, really?  Who am I kidding?  :lol:
  • @mrskoz428 I def. fell asleep at my desk a few times during my prep period last time.  Not gonna lie, that's how my principal discovered I was pregnant.  He walked into my room to ask a question and I was fully passed out, almost drooling on a stack of math tests I was grading.  I had to let him know what was going on...thankfully, I was 12 weeks at that point and fatigue disappeared within a week or so after that.
  • @MaggieG183  said:
    @brie_and_almonds meeeee too! My 8th graders would totally put two and two together (what do you teach, btw?).  I just purchased a bunch of ginger drops, sour candy, and rice cakes to help keep nausea at bay.  Today was my first day when I felt nauseous midday.  I'm really hoping it doesn't get much worse, but, really?  Who am I kidding?  :lol:
    Yes! Rice cakes sound amazing right now. Last time I ate a ton of cashews... aiming for less weight gain this time.

I teach English... I used to teach 8th grade too, but now I teach Sophomores and Juniors, which I much prefer. What subject do you teach?

kids with flags
  • So yesterday I started having a small amount of brown discharge/spotting (no red or pink and no cramping). It was not a lot but continued throughout the day mostly when I wiped but a little was on my underwear. I was not too concerned about it because I have alway heard that brown is usually normal as it is old blood coming out. I decided to call my OB just to let them know because I was having some brown spotting with a little bit of red spotting early in week 4 (? Implantation) so they had said to call if it continues at all (and I know that occasionally brown can be bad). When I talked to the nurse (I am also a nurse) she was kind of freaking out saying protocol is labs 48 hours apart and rhogam. I was like can you please review this with one of the docs to see what they think because they did not want labs or rhogam during week 4 (no rhogam they said because it was before week 6). So she calls me back a few minutes later and all the docs had gone home for the day. So now I am sitting here waiting for a phone call this morning to see what they want me to do. The brown discharge stopped last night and I was super nauseous this morning so I am hoping that is a good sign.

• @MelissaMay82 the waiting must be torture. Hoping they get back to you quickly with some answers!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• It's totally weirding me out how different I feel this pregnancy vs how I did with DS!! I was SO sick by this time last time and I've only had a little nausea. I also had no appetite last time, but this time I want to eat all the food all the time. The only consistency has been sore boobs and dehydration/headaches in the morning. I know I will feel better after my dating scan on the 28th, so that day can't come soon enough!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom I have YET to have sore boobs. Makes me feel like I’m missing out on something! My fatigue is the only thing that has been constant.
  • @brie_and_almonds I teach math and gym this year, but for the past 7 I’ve been quite bipolar teaching math and English. So hard! I’m much more logical in thinking so teaching English was a huge challenge for me. Even though I love teaching gym this year, I’m missing how well I knew my students by now. Writing samples are such an amazing window into students minds and souls. <3 
  • How is everyone combating the fatigue? I am trying so hard to just completely avoid caffeine but I could barely get out of bed this morning!
  • mrskoz428 said:
    How is everyone combating the fatigue? I am trying so hard to just completely avoid caffeine but I could barely get out of bed this morning!
    I...don't avoid caffeine  :# I mean I limit it, but I couldn't survive going cold turkey
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Thanks @kvh22
    I had my first beta drawn yesterday and it was 26741. I feel like that is a pretty good number for 5w6d. I will have it drawn again tomorrow, so fingers crossed it doubles. I also had a Rhogam shot, omg those hurt so much.

• TMI but is anyone else getting stomach aches and just pooping a ton this pregnancy? This is getting ridiculous. 
  • poshspice said:
    I might have a touch of insomnia. I can't fall asleep until after 11pm and then wake up around 5-5:30am. Or DH wakes me when he gets up at 4:50 and I never go back to sleep.
    I’m really struggling with insomnia, too! It started just a couple of days after I got my BFP and has been going on several days now. I’m exhausted. I’ve had bouts of insomnia before, but the level of fatigue I’m feeling now is beyond anything I’ve ever felt even after sleepless nights in the past. I get crazy tired during the day, but can’t take a nap at work. I tried Benadryl last night and all it did was make me groggy. I really hope this goes away—I need sleep more than ever!

Other than that, at 4w+3d I’m starting to feel queasy around mealtimes (could just be the jitters from not sleeping, though). My boobs are just now starting to get pretty sore. What’s been surprising is the nipple soreness. I often get sore boobs before AF, but I never get sore nipples like this! It’s quite painful, and that symptom started even before I got my BFP. I’m also pretty sure I had implantation cramping for several days before AF was due.
  • @sleepy33 I got green tea this morning. My coworkers are starting to figure it out because I’m just so damn tired! 
  • mrskoz428 said:
    @sleepy33 I got green tea this morning. My coworkers are starting to figure it out because I’m just so damn tired! 
    FFTC, I had to quit smoking and my ADD meds all at once when I got the BFP, so it's been a rough transition. I feel like I'm doing well to limit myself to a couple half-cups of regular brew a day. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @aels12 Yes. Super gassy but also kind of constipated...

• @mrskoz428 try going to bed earlier, I put my DD to sleep at 7:30 and I'm in bed right at 8 haha. I get the no coffee thing, I did that my first pregnancy, you can do it! Soon you won't even notice you're missing it :) This time around I'm having some coffee but can never get past drinking half a cup, it just won't go down oh well!
  • I spoke too soon about my lack of nausea. The vomiting has begun  :'(
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom Oh no!! I'm prepared to feel like crap when I hit 6 weeks but never threw up with DD. I feel for you and any other ladies who actually get sick :(

WRT sleep, maybe ignorance is bliss but I slept horribly all pregnancy last time and had no idea that was a pregnancy symptom beforehand...it did not get better. Tossing and turning all night, waking up randomly and not able to fall back asleep, etc. This has already hit for me at just shy of 5 weeks. Go to bed earlier! I was usually in bed by 9pm each night but with getting DD ready for daycare, I don't think I can sleep in as much this time so might have to push that up.
    You are pretty tired during the first tri since you are making the placenta - once that's complete, you get a bit more energy back (yay second trimester!!) but it doesn't make any insomnia issues better from my experience.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker