Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

~September Randoms~

Re: ~September Randoms~

• Options
    @chichiphin - That thread is BMB legend! 
  • Options
    @chichiphin, @marebear15 I *may* have fallen down that rabbit hole, too. Omg, so crazy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited September 2018
    @holly321 a day off doing nothing would be great. I was in hospital last year for two weeks and felt like I was on vacation! Food served to me, got to lay in bed all day. I wasn't well, but I didn't have to clean or cook and it was so nice that part of it.

Ahh to have a day off. Monday I finally get to do something for me! Massage and Chiripractor appointments. My body is seriously messed up since a year ago. With treatment I am hoping some or all the pain subsids. Gonna be nice.

***edit because of wrong user name**
  • Options
    I'm looking for a new perfume and I have no idea where to begin. I'm not big on florals (trigger migraines) and while I like fruity scents, I'm in my 30s and would prefer not to smell like a teenage girl. I got samples of J'adore and D&G Light Blu Intense with my last Sephora order but I'm just meh on them. Any recommendations? 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly how much are you willing to spend....
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin definitely under 100, I'd be more okay with 50 to 75. I dont wear a lot of all the time so I'd probably get the smallest size available.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly, Cool Water is my favorite.

AFM, DH and I got tickets to see A New Hope to a live orchestra.  The nerd inside me can barely contain her excitement!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly hmmm okay. So while I can't point to a specific brand, I think you should try looking at oil-based perfumes rather than alcohol based. The oil based seem to have a richer scent and better stay power. I also think they can have a 'sexier' scent rather than super fruity or floral, probably because there is usually an undertone of spice. Not sure if that is helpful... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @holly321 that sounds really cool!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I don't really wear perfume, but when I do, I use "un jardin sur le toit" by Hermes. A nurse was wearing it once when I was in the hospital and I really liked it! From what I remember the bottle was fairly expensive but since I never wear it, it has lasted me several years. It's not a super strong scent. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly if you like a rose scent, there is Chloe parfum. I remember spending $25 on a rollerball applicator for that fragrance and it’s lasted me forever! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly I tried to take phthalates out of my life last year which meant for a long time I didn’t wear any perfume because most have phthalates. Instead I wore natural roller balls I got at Whole Foods - Pacifica brand I want to say. They didn’t work great.

I found a brand called Atelier which is French and the French have banned phthalates from their products so the Atelier perfumes are free of those chemicals. Their stuff is a little pricey but if you’ve never done this before Sephora will give you samples of anything in the store - I would recommend this even if you don’t want to try this brand, get some samples and try them for a few days at home because perfume smells different as it settles on your skin.
    This is the one I liked best and bought: https://www.ateliercologne.com/figuier-ardent-100-ml.html

I’ve also gotten samples from Skylar which is phthalate free - $20 will get you like 4 good sized samples. I didn’t buy a big one because I already have the Atelier which was so pricey.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I am ADDICTED to perfumes. 
    My absolute faves are nina ricci and hot coture. You should get them a try ! Also keep us updated 
  • Options
    Thank for the input ladies! I'll look into these

@zamora_spin I always forget about samples in store there!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly They will let you have I think three samples from each “world” - and I’m not even sure how much they police that. I went in once and got samples of crazy expensive skin care stuff (Good Genes for a friend and some Drunk Elephant stuff for me) and didn’t buy anything and they didn’t bat an eye. They want you to try stuff rather than buy and return it.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Thanks for the links to the perfumes. I cut out perfumes three years ago as well for the same reasons you did and have been living with my natural scent. ha! I used to love wearing it. 
  • Options
    What brand razor do you use/recommend?  I have been using Schick hydros for years and loved them, but the last 2 packs have been awful.
  • Options
    @holly321 I use the same. I also have a Panasonic wet/dry electric for days when I need to shave but dont have time for a shower or time to put all that effort in during my shower.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin yep. That's a part of what I study (chemicals in the built environment and their relationship to human health). Summary - they are everywhere. Good news for BPA at least is that it is avoidable if you don't touch receipts or eat/drink anything out of plastic or canned food, and it will leave your body after about 2-3 months. We just won't talk about pthalates...or the fact that the US EPA is now allowing aesbestos to be put into building products again.
  • Options
    May19 has a crazy... :D
  • Options
    @marebear15 are you talking about the no grammar one? Good grief....
  • Options
    @marebear15, @b_1029 I tried to read that, but then I was like nope. It would take way to much effort for me to decipher that nonsense. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland @b_1029 - I about died when I got to the "bubbly" and it feeling like "rice krispy treats."
  • Options
    @lillywonderland @marebear15 I skimmed it but gave up...way too difficult to read. The gist of it is crazy though. and I know @chichiphin what the heck are people thinking?!? At the very least it's incredibly entertaining to watch unfold.
  • Options
    May BMB is somethin else lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    That intro in May   :D I love lurking the intros #guiltypleasure 

*TW* 
    We had someone like that in my Aug ‘16 board. People stopped responding to her messages less and less. They were always so darn weird and hard to read. And when the FB group came around, she didn’t get added. We were convinced she was a catfish. And then a year later she showed up in the Aug ‘17 board pregnant again. Same sn. I still think she is a catfish. 

• Options
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    The May BMB has been my entertainment all day....well and the gifs in the fb post here on TTGP  :D
  • Options
    The May BMB has been my entertainment all day....well and the gifs in the fb post here on TTGP  :D
    It’s been a while since I’ve had a good giggle around here. I’ve also been highly entertained 
  • Options
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake your eyes are amazing. Reading the thread totally took the sting out of my insomnia tonight. Can't wait to see what happens next!!! 

(On mobile, as always, so can't gif Colbert eating popcorn...)
  • Options
    Does anyone want a ff coupon code. It's 90 days for the cost of 30 days. I'm not going to use and I'll rather let someone else use it before it expires. 
  • Options
    Seems quiet around here lately. Just me?
  • Options
    @marebear15 I think so too
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @marebear15 yup, agreed. I've been feeling guilty about how much time I spend on TB at work though so I tend to lurk in spurts. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 - I don't even feel guilty.  :D Work is soooo slow right now.
  • Options
    @suzycupcake #detectivesuzy That chick in May is totally a troll. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 - I leaning more toward she's crazy rather than trolling.