Trying to Get Pregnant

~September Randoms~

Re: ~September Randoms~

• I almost forgot it is my anniversary tomorrow and I have nothing planned and no gift for MH. I have no idea what to do for him because I have been so preoccupied with now departed family visitors and ttc. 
  • @mamanbebe oh no! Maybe an experience for the two of you?
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamanbebe I'm so lame and bought a massage gift card last minute last anniversary.. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• MH loves giftcards, so not lame at all!
  • I literally just watched that P&R episode last night where Leslie wore the Garfield shirt. Are you in my brain @marebear15??

Also...is it weird that DH and I don’t do gifts for each other? We usually try to plan trips together around birthdays and anniversaries. But it doesn’t always happen. I do try and give him a card for all those days...him not so much. Lol.
  • Just got back from starbucks and omg the Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew (yes that is the name) is AMAZINGGGGG
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @mamanbebe Oops! I am terrible at planning gifts myself. Maybe planning something nice for him over the weekend is a good option? Picnic or dinner? Something that gives you a bit of time to plan it out. 

@chichiphin Wow that sounds really good! I may have to treat myself sometime soon. Although I am still recovering from all the cake that I ate last week.  :#

AFM I am frustrated with the way the legal system works, and I am sure that it is similar in most places. But particularly in relation to split families. Old school thinking and generalization to every situation has my blood boiling. 
  • @mamanbebe happy anniversary! 

Anyone else finally getting some nice nice cooler weather? I was able to be outside this morning without instantly sweating! It was sooo dang nice! 
  • Thanks for the suggestions @chichiphin @riff323 @nitnat007 ! And thank you, @meatballs37 !

I'm trying to see if I can make the stars align to get out of the house tomorrow night for something cute but if not, I may just cook something he loves tomorrow night, crack open a nice bottle of wine and let him pick the movie on netflix :) I like the idea of a massage gc, I got him a sauna gc for something last year that he hasn't used yet, I might try to get him a gc for float tank or a funky ayurvedic treatment. 
  • @mamanbebe that sounds delightful! And I forgot to say... happy anniversary!!

@meatballs37 we finally got some nice cool weather but it's going to get hot again next week... blah. Bring on 40-degree weather!
  • @riff323 whoa whoa whoa why don't we start with mid-60s first!!  
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin never!!! Hahaha! I like 60s too but 40s always makes me feel so energized.
  • So, tomorrow is supposed to be my first day off alone, so I was was hoping to relax, and it isn't going to happen.  I have to drop the dog at the vet, get my rental car oil changed, go to the pharmacy, go to work for an hour or two, get groceries, go to the butcher, get the dog from the vet, all while trying to find time to get a run in and try to do laundry/house stuff.  I wanted to lay in bed and read all day.

It is sad when I am looking forward to my carpal tunnel surgery so I can have a forced "nap" and relax for 2 days.
  • :D@coco2787 lol lol! I’m sorry, but that made me laugh a lot.  :D I hope you trap it soon 
  • @coco2787 omg seriously? a chipmunk?! haha I wouldn't sleep I'd be so paranoid. That being said, my cats would go bonkers so it wouldn't last long.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• "I'm Paul. My name's Paul Allen, you got that? You're Christy. You will only respond to Christy. You got that?"

What movie?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @coco2787 he/she is so stinking cute! Squirrels and chipmunks = cute rodents that can come in the house. Mice and rats, not so much.
  • @coco2787 and @ruby696 - I must be the only female that thinks all rodents are cute! I love mice, rats, chipmunks, squirrels, hamsters, and guinea pigs. They're so cute and fuzzy. That being said, unless they're domesticated I don't want them in my house. We had a few mice and I set some sticky traps to get them. I felt so bad seeing them struggle on the pad so I took them to the woods and dropped some oil around their tiny feet. That freed them and they scurried off into the brush.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I actually had pet rats when I was younger, so I'm okay with the domestic variety. However, I am currently in the trenches in my fight against rats from my neighbor's ivy eating stuff in my garden. I suspect a squirrel might be involved too. We've live trapped three rats (released into the hills) and a young racoon, but veggies continue to go missing. The war wages on.
  • edited September 2018
    IT is working on my computer remotely so I literally can’t do anything at work right now. I guess this means I have to stalk the BMBs. 

ETA when I was younger we had something like 9 skunks living under one of our bedrooms. It was crazy.
  • Yes, I love rats and mice too. I don't mind rodents at all. Not the only one!
  • @ruby696 - Rodents immediately stop being cute when they get into my veggie garden! You're kind to trap and release. I work really hard on my garden and am relatively ruthless when it comes to guarding my harvest...
  • He was pretty cute but the whole not potty trained thing and the fact that I own a hunting dog was a bit of a dealbreaker for letting him stay. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @wishiwaspreggo I seriously cannot figure out how to get rid of them. They're smart, so you can only get a few before they learn to stay away from traps. I'm getting desperate. It's totally ruined our gardening fun this summer. 
  • I'm not crying, you're crying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=865nKudhLfM
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• jhems776jhems776 member
    edited September 2018
    I'm helping a coworker and she keeps touching (practically pushing) my screen, grrr.  It was hard to even listen to her while she was talking as all I could think is get your f'ing hands off my screen! Image result for stop touching my screen
  • @coco2787 We once had a family of squirrels get down into our chimney and live there. It was the worst thing I have ever done in my life trying to get them out. Dang Rodents.

• Uplifting story for the day... just kidding the human race is going extinct and everything you eat, drink, or put on your skin is causing infertility.
    https://www.gq.com/story/sperm-count-zero
  • Well that’s sort of depressing @zamora_spin, but really interesting read.   That last part about IVG is crazy, that’s some science fiction type stuff.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @zamora_spin Holy f*ck. What an interesting and terrifying read. It’s a tiny bit reassuring that they have the IVG process in the pipeline, but no doubt that will be even more expensive that the current fertility treatments.

@literatureandink Mmm. Looks delicious! I’m glad you’re having a fantastic time!!