Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 8/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 8/30

• Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/OPKs, I can't even say N&C this cycle because #militarylyfe

R/R: I'm all rant today because my CBD OPK was negative this AM. But when I checked the physical test lines the lines were darker than yesterday afternoon's positive test. I then fell down a Google rabbit hole at 6:15 this morning in an attempt to double-verify their accuracy on various interwebs forums. I got the digitals last month to keep things dummy-proof, but it looks like they're the dummies (maybe?). I'm also really mad that H doesn't come home until late tonight because my temp spiked this morning and it looks like this month was a f****** wash. 

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler if you want to take a look. I'm calling today's OPK a positive because f*** CBD and their stupid smiley faces. 

Oh and now TB isn't loading photos so, yeah

• Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited August 2018
    @harrierwife - I think you still have 24 hours after positive OPK/temp spike. Positive OPK just means you are about to O, temp spike means you have. So just try to get one in tonight and FX!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM, OPKs, HIO

R/R: Got in to work and immediately read an email that made my blood boil. I'm a proofreader, and one of the editors decided we needed a rule in our style manual that contradicts the dictionary and cited a bunch of crap forums. Like why don't we just throw out the dictionary altogether and just use your opinion. Much more credible source. :angry:

CS/Q: I don't know what my body is doing. After 2 positives and a negative, I still haven't gotten a temp spike. Maybe an-O? I wouldn't be surprised after the stressful month I had with my sister's wedding and all.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6ec950
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: Cycle 5 (second cycle doing BBT and OPKs)

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPK, CM check

R/R: since using Fertility Friends and tracking BBT, I know so much more about my cycles. I thought I was well informed and then FF entered into my life and I realized I knew squat. I already know how long this cycle is going to be. For example, I got a positive OPK yesterday which is 3 days earlier than last cycle. I know this cycle is going to be 30/31 days (O date will seal the deal). I wish I had started sooner.

CS/Q: I got a positive OPK yesterday and some EWCM so that was exciting!  I am going to test with OPKs again today around 11 and then around 5pm. Temp this morning was exact same as yesterday so I think I am going to O today or tomorrow. Let the TWW begin! 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @marebear15 If it helps at all, I usually get two days of positive OPKs, then a day of negative, THEN a temp spike. So hopefully you get a spike tomorrow AM! 

@harrierwife Yeah, I struggled with the CBD OPKs at first. If could have been that your LH surge was just very short. What did your temp spike look like? Don't freak out yet! It's not over until it's over!! 

Month/Cycle: 12/8

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Benched for now

R/R: 

CS/Q: Temps are still steady but no sign of fertile CM or positive OPKs, so it looks like another month of late ov, which I'm hoping to move from CD 17/18 to 14/15 to hopefully improve "egg quality" (Yes, I'm grasping at straws at this point) Womp.

• Options
    @marebear15 - We're going to try, but I'm not optimistic at all. It was a larger-ish spike and by the time he gets home.....I'm just gonna be a Debbie Downer today. 

And LOL @ your editor throwing out accepted grammar rules for a bunch of internet forum clowns' opinions. 

@rikiteacup - FX for O and good timing!

@nomangos23 - My LH surge last month was so short that I pretty much missed it with the OPK. I normally test first thing in the AM, but on a hunch tested yesterday afternoon and caught the positive. The CBD was "negative" this AM, though. I wish TB wasn't having glitch issues or I'd post my chart... but the temp spiked exactly 0.5 degrees from yesterday. I'm betting I'll see another ~0.5 degree spike tomorrow like I did last month. 

I know that you said that you're grasping at straws at this point, but is there any basis to that? 
  • Options
    @harrierwife Yeah TW

3 miscarriages in 7 months and am "perfectly healthy" by all accounts from my docs. So I've been grasping at straws at to what the "problem" could be. Acupuncturist thinks OV on CD 18 during a 28 day cycle indicates poor egg quality so I'm trying like heck to get to an "ideal cycle" before we try again. 
  • Options
    I guess I can post here since I'm technically waiting to ovulate? Or not ovulate because the eggs need to get sucked out of my ovaries before they pop out :D

Month/cycle: 12/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, supplements, IVF

R/R: Just kind of hanging out. Taking shots. Wondering what the hell my ovaries are up to and if they're responding okay. I'm nervous because I did an IUI in March and took 100 iu FSH over 5 days, then 125 over 3 days, and 150 for 2 more and only yielded 1 follicle. Of course my RE was fine with that because it was IUI but come on. 2 or 3 would've been ideal in my eyes. Anyway, my new RE has me taking 5 days of letrozole combined with 300 iu of FSH a day for 5 days. Seems like a lot. My AMH is 8.3 which is high. Part of me wonders if we're over-doing it. Not knowing really sucks. But I will know in a few days. I have my next u/s on Sunday.

CS/Q: I'm not charting and I don't think I have any questions :) just want to see how everyone else is doing this cycle.
  • Options
    harrierwife I'd give it a shot tonight anyway, you might still be in that 24 hour window!

marebear15 I worked as a proofreader too, albeit briefly, and that would make me nuts! (I have a deep and abiding love for the Chicago Manual of Style and have absurdly strong feelings about things like Oxford commas, haha).

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, vitamins and supplements, TCM

R/R: Never fails, BD week hits and it's the busiest, most exhausting week in months! FI is working 10-12 hour days prepping for this apprenticeship program for high schoolers, so by the time he gets home, I'm half asleep and not remotely interested in BD (persevering nonetheless, of course...). But I got my solid smiley face today (blinky face for the last 3 days)! Also, my CM has been severely sparse the last few months and it's 1000% better this cycle, not sure if it was the addition of evening primrose oil or l-arginine, but something turned it around. And I've been hydrating like mad, so that helps too. I started a pre-natal with ayurvedic herbs and taking TCM herbs too, but that's all been in the last week, so it's probably too early to have had an effect. I'm going in for my first fertility-related acupuncture tomorrow, fingers crossed. Running out of new things to try, haha, mentally exhausted from the effort...

CS/Q: None

• Options
    klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited August 2018
    @harrierwife Definitely HIO tonight! I think you still have time.

@marebear15 I give you all the props. In a world with slang and text talk, being a proofreader has to be hard and very frustrating.

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pnv bbt, opk, cm 

R/R: I think I have a cyst. I feel like someone is stabbing my ovary and my back is aching. I have a call in to make sure it is nothing to worry about, but come one body get your crap together. 

CS/Q: Nothing new just a couple of temps. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife do you have Wondfo OPKs? I started using OPKs last cycle and I had already bought the First Response. Since the Wondfo are so cheap, you can test twice a day and not feel bad about it. You need to test late morning and afternoon though, not FMU. You might want to try both. Test with the Wondfo and if it's positive, use the CBD for confirmation...or not! In my case, the First Response is crap. It was never positive when the Wondfo was. I tested last Tuesday, Wondfo was negative. Tested yesterday and it was positive. First Response was negative. CM and temp spike confirmed the Wondfo results last cycle which confirms FR is crap.  
    I would post pics but it's not working at this time.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I would DEFINITELY say you're WTO :) 

Fingers crossed for your IVF cycle. I get the RE frustration for sure. In my experience they're not concerned unless it's worst case scenario, rather than focusing on best case scenario for each patient. I've been grilling my RE on my TSH level for months now. It's borderline high and no one will even talk about meds to help level it out. They keep saying "I've seen women have perfectly healthy babies with a TSH as high as 14!" ....  :|  
  • Options
    @kiki047 When is your birthday?? Mine is coming up too. That would be so fun if we were birthday twins! I'm the big 3-0 this year and am very pouty about it :/ I just need to just feeling sorry for myself. And GL with acupuncture, I love it! I'm definitely seeing changes since I've started my new health regimen, they're just not coming as quickly as my impatient self was hoping for. 
  • Options
    @rikiteacup - Isn't FF amazing! I love how much knowledge it can give you about your body. But then there are those times where it doesn't explain everything, and you're like, what on earth?

@nomangos23 - Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm going to hope for a temp spike tomorrow before I decide it's an-O. *TW: MCs
    Did the doctors mention the MCs have anything to do with a short LP? I know that normally just affects implantation and so it would give you CPs, but maybe it has to do also with how the placenta forms or something?

@tinybluesprite - I can rant for hours about certain rules and things like that. And Chicago is my Bible! 
    RE TTC mental load: I got mentally exhausted last month, and was very disappointed with another negative PG test. This month, I've sort of mentally prepared myself for a long road, and I'm finding myself less stressed about it. Just ask me again during TWW though, haha.

@klmcguire - Thankfully I work for a textbook company, so our stuff is normally very professional!

• Options
    Month/cycle: 4/4
    CD: 2
    WAYDTGKU: OPKs, sex, PNVs
    R/R: yesterday I was spotting and got excited that it was IB as I was 7dpo. But it as the day went on it was red/brown and more period like so I figured probably CD1. ***TMI*** then this morning I passed a HUGE clot (like lemon sized) and the light flow
    continues. 

I am so confused about what’s going on with my body. I had STRONG positive OPKs on August 21st afternoon and August 22nd AM and had really good BD timing. So why the hell is AF here only 7 days later? I don’t temp so I guess maybe I didn’t ovulate after all, but I thought an-O cycles were longer. I am so frustrated and upset with my own damn biology :disappointed: 
  • Options
    @Swiftlet I'm sorry for CD 2 :( Is there a reason you aren't temping? It's a lot of work but I found it tells me SO much more about my cycles than I ever realized it could. 

@marebear15 TW MC

Nope, they pretty much have nothing to say about any of it. My LP 10 days, so again, since it's not worst case scenario they're not considering it. W/ the last pregnancy I was on progesterone and got KU but lost it at 6.5 weeks. So the only other thing I can think is egg quality? 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 Thank you <3 I haven’t started temping yet because of my tendencies to obsess over things. And I don’t want to have to set an alarm to wake myself up and then end up waking up before the alarm fretting and fussing, etc. I don’t want to get into an obsessive, over-wrought mindset if I can avoid it. I’m considering the Ava which would eliminate a lot of the extra work- some of the girls around here have one and they seem to like it so far. May be a good compromise? Just so many weird things happening with my cycle lately- long, irregular and now this. 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 - 30 is still young! You're good :) and sorry about your TSH issues... it sucks when doctors don't take concerns seriously. I worked with my last RE for 2 years and she just told me at our last appointment with that clinic that I have PCOS. I wish I'd known when I first started treatments. I'd have approached a lot of what I did differently. No one seems to think it's that big of a deal though. It's so strange.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7 (when is AF going to leave?!?)

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, CM, OPKs, HIO

R/R: I have a ton of rants today. The bump app is the freakin worst! I couldn’t post anything all afternoon and evening and had to bust out the iPad to use the desktop site last night and I stayed up too late sewing because DH is out of town so I am tired today. Finally I have to put my lunch bag on the floor of the train today (eww) because I am so non-threatening that someone decided that they had to sit next to me today and couldn’t sit next to anyone else on the train.

CS/Q: Nada.

@harrierwife Seconding what @marebear15 said. You still have time before you actually ovulate, so as long as you jump YH’s
    bones as soon as he walks in the door you’ve still got a chance!!

@marebear15 Stress does weird things to our bodies. Take some time to have a cup of tea (or whatever you prefer) today and relax. Do some breathing excercises. They seem really weird, but I always find myself much calmer afterwards. Also very sorry about your kooky coworker. It sucks when someone has crappy ideas and makes out work life harder!!

*edit because I can finally post on the app!! Tagging more people now...

@nomangos23 I‘m sorry Drs suck and can’t give you any definitive answers. I’m a firm believer that it is always a good time to focus on your own health and that will only help things.

@wishiwaspreggo WTO for you for sure! I’m keeping my FX for a good outcome!

@rikiteacup yay for O!! 

@Swiftlet The literal exact same thing happened to me a week ago - AF was a week early and at first I thought I was having IB and did a little happy dance! Annnnnd then no. 

@kiki047 Do you and YH golf, or were you just planning on eating at the golf course? DH got me into golf a few years ago I may have gotten a little excited at the thought of another lady golfer (who isn’t retirement age!).

• Options
    @lillywonderland I completely agree, the app is the worst. Also, when DH works night shift I literally get no sleep. Then after 3 days in a row I finally get used to it then he is home again. 

• Options
    @nomangos23 I have the super memorable birth date of September 11th. I was super bummed about 30 as well, I'll be 32 this year and although I'm feeling better about it (especially since I forgot and have been telling people I'm 32 for a year now :lol: ) I still need to learn to let go of the idea that as a 16 year old, I wanted to be married with 2 kids by the time I was 30... still working on that, but everything else is going great so I need to chill out. 

@swiftlet is clotting like that normal for you? I used to get huge clots too. That's probably a good thing for me because I use a diva cup and... yeah.... it ain't pretty. But it sounds like the ava might be a good compromise for you because your BBT can tell you so much about your cycles. 

@lillywonderland Yes! we're both huge golfers. I took him on a golf vacation for his birthday to Vegas and Arizona in March, and we're still planning on golfing (just not at a resort) for my bday. We love it. Going out with our families on Monday too, there are 14 of us golfing. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    Just popping on here quickly to say hello today. Not sure if I am going to pop over to TWW tomorrow or not. My chart didn’t really show a rise, but my OPK is neg. shrugs. 

@nomangos23
    interesting that you heard ovulating on CD 18 on a shorter cycle indicates poor egg quality. Did they say why/how? 
    *TW* 
    It makes me wonder because I’m sure I ovulated late two cycles ago because of when we DTD. And I ended up pregnant. BUT, it ended in a blighted ovum at my first appointment. Which after much googling has been eluded to poor egg quality. 

@harrierwife Still hoping this could end up be your cycle! 

@marebear15 your chart looks very much like mine. I had two positive OPKs. And two negs today. And no real definitive temp spike. Sigh. Hoping we both see one tomorrow! 

@rikiteacup yay for the positive OPK! 

@wishiwaspreggo I hope the ultrasound goes well and it yields lots of follicles for you! 

@tinybluesprite so sorry your fertile window fell during a busy week! Hopefully you guys can rally and get through the week! TTC BD is so much work! 

@klmcguire ugh! That’s awful. Have you had a cyst before? Does the pain go away at all? 

@kiki047 happy early birthday! 

@Swiftlet so sorry about CD 2. Maybe you didn’t ovulate? Hoping this cycle goes more smoothly. 

@lillywonderland ugh! That was AF for me last cycle! Spotting until day 8. So annoying. 
  • Options
    @klmcguire Does YH work nights all the time, or is it just an as needed type of thing? DH used to work second shift (when we were first in luuuuve and all that good stuff) and only does it once every couple months now. OT sucks. I hate it. I am a light sleeper so I always wake up when he gets home.

@kiki047 OMG *happy dance* hello fellow golfer! Where in Vegas did you play? We’ve done Bear’s Best, Canyon Gate CC and Durango Hills (par 3 course but I love it!). We haven’t been to AZ yet to golf, but I’m sure we will get there eventually. We play a lot in the Palm Springs Area.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 TW MC

It's not something my western medicine doctors think indicate anything is wrong, but my eastern medicine doctors (acupuncturist) is the one who suggested late ovulation could lead to poor egg quality. Again, just grasping at straws here b/c I have no others answers. Plenty of women ovulate after CD 14 and don't have miscarriages :) 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 true, very true.

TW
    But it’s an interesting thought. I’m kind of grasping at straws too with my losses. They don’t know what causes TTTS in identical twins. But it’s something to do with the genetics of how the placenta forms. My Ob said my last MC was completely unrelated to the twins. But I can’t help but wonder. I’m all about trying new things that even if they don’t help, at least mentally it might make me feel better. 

Hugs to you. I hope your cycle normalizes more with acupuncture. How often are you going? 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I have never had one... That I know of. The last couple of months with an IUD I had started hurting around what I assumed was O because I had Mirena and no periods. I expressed this at removal and they told me that they would likely go away. 

TW MC
    FF to after MC I am dying. Like doubled over after a run yesterday, but it eases after sitting on a heating pad for about 30 minutes. Now its just a constant dull ache. I assume it ruptured? I really have no clue. 

@lillywonderland He is a NP in an ER, so he doesn't have set hours, which totally messes me up. His shifts run 7a-7p, 2p-2a, 4p-2a, 7a-5p or 10a-8p. Normally he works 3 days in a row on the same shift, but it's never constant. The only god thing is that they plan their schedules 2 months out. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, period traker app and just trying to time things.

R/R: Stressed with life in general. Have alot of things going on. Trying to stay positive because things are not that bad.

CS/Q: None.