Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Thursday 8/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**  

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 8/30

• Options
    I've been MIA this week, partially because it was the first week of school and I'm a zombie, but also because I have no idea what's happening with my cycle and whether I belong here or in WTO. But I've been lurking and crossing fingers for all of you and will hope to respond more today!

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O (If I actually O'd on CD17...)

Typical LP length: 11-12 days

Testing: Tomorrow afternoon

R/R: Rant: TL;DR Just really frustrated with my body and not knowing for sure whether I O'd.

I turned my first positive OPKs this cycle which I thought to be a good sign, and had 3 days of high temps after that. But then my temps started to drop, FF lowered my cover line but then they went even further down and FF took away my CH. I had 3 temps below the lower cover so assumed I must have never actually ovulated, but then yesterday and today's temp's went back up above cover. I was only temping with Ava and from looking at some Ava charts online, they look pretty different than temps taken orally (not just that they're lower, but the shift doesn't seem nearly as obvious if at all). To top it all off, I woke up to some spotting yesterday morning (CD9), which I know is more likely to be impending AF than IB but of course can't stop googling since I'm so confused. So far today, no spotting and temp went up a little.

Rave: School is going well so far and I like all the kids! Super busy, but nothing really to complain about!

CS/Q: It's a hot mess and nothing makes any sense. Hopefully I'll have a definitive answer by this weekend, although if I never even O'd then AF probably won't even come and this will be dragged out forever.
  • Options
    Hi all!  I have also been mostly MIA the last two weeks, partially due to a hectic couple of weeks and partially due to me needing the mental break from focusing on all of this.  I have still been lurking a bit but sorry I haven't been more supportive lately.

@dogmomma271 So sorry for all of the confusion, hugs.

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD/DPO: 25/10

Timing: -4,-2,-1, IUI on O, IUI on +1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: No plans to test.  Blood test on 9/5 which would be 16 DPO, so I'll basically know by then anyway.

R/R: Rant: So much to accomplish at work today.  Rave: If I accomplish all the things, I'm taking tomorrow off.

CS/Q:  I stopped temping on 7 DPO when I realized it was causing way too much anxiety.  I have not been handling this first treatment cycle well emotionally and will definitely take a break from it all next cycle if this month is a bust.  My FF VIP expired earlier this week and I did not renew and have not looked at my chart or logged anything since.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 sorry about your Temps. I pretty say I that about my body everyday.

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD/DPO: 20/4

Timing: according to ff (-4,-1,0)

Typical LP length: 12-13 

Testing: next week

R/R: This cycle was all off. Ff finally gave me cross hairs after 4 days. 

CS/Q:  the app isn't letting upload a photo. I'll try again later. 

• Options
    @dogmomma271 Thanks for starting, sorry your body is being so confusing. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3(Been trying since May 17’ though)

CD/DPO: 27/11

Timing: -1,-4,+1

Typical LP length: 14-15D

Testing: Only if no AF Monday 

R/R: Yay I woke up this morning not feeling like death, still didn’t sleep well because nothing is taking care of the constant tickle in my throat. Overall just happy to finally be feeling better after a miserable 4 days. Asthma really makes a general cold suck. 
    Oh and I went to the craft store yesterday and bought a bunch of fall decor for outside, Thank you 40% off, I am officially ready for the start of fall now.

CS/Q: Nothing to see here stopped temping when I started progesterone 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Month/Cycle:13/10

CD/DPO: 30/11

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: plan was tomorrow but honestly, I'm terrified.....

R/R: I start counseling on Tuesday. I feel good about it and already feel like shes being attentive to me. New tenants signed yesterday so I'm thrilled to have that behind us. Now if only we could find "the" house.

CS/Q: Still not temping. RHR holding steady with yesterday. I've had a few SS moments. Im trying to stay calm but I'm a basket case of thoughts.
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 forgive me if it's been discussed, do you have a history of An-O? I can see what you'd be feeling that way with the temps. Hopefully it's just the changes to the Ava.

@Sparty18 fx you rock it today and get en extra day off! I'm sorry your feeling stressed over this cycle. I hope there's no need to think about the next....

@asupernovablizzardstorm sometimes it takes an extra day to get my crosshairs too. I've had some very slight temp shifts between 1 and 2 dpo that confuse FF.

@kindbytealikat hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @Sparty18 Hugs to you and FX!
    @kindbytealikat Glad you are starting to feel better!!
    @prpl11butterfly FX for you and I hope counseling is a positive experience for you! Yes, I was diagnosed with PCOS in May, initially due to irregular cycles but confirmed with bloodwork which revealed high testosterone. I didn't really start tracking things until May, so I have no idea what was going on but I had a 75-day and 63-day cycle in the spring/summer. My cycles seemed like they were getting more regulated, but I know with PCOS it can just be a crapshoot.
  • Options
    @Sparty18 I’m sorry you are struggling, I hope the break from bumping and temping helps. I had to do that earlier this summer and it did seem to help me.
    @prpl11butterfly I just want to send you lots of creepy internet hugs. I hope you get your BFP tomorrow.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @dogmomma271 "back to school teacher-tired" is its own kind of tired!  That'll be me when I start again next week.  I'm glad the year is off to a good start.  
    @Sparty18 I hope you can get everything done so that you can enjoy a day off tomorrow.  Fx for you!
    @asupernovablizzardstorm sorry things seem wonky and that Fertility Friend is being a pain. 
    @kindbytealikat feel better!  Summer colds are absolutely awful. :(
    @prpl11butterfly I'm glad you found a counselor that you like!  :)  

Month/Cycle:2/2

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: Not great (-2, then DH got sick)

Typical LP length: I think around 14 days

Testing: Not unless I am late.  Hopefully the change in routine with the new school year starting won't mess up my body too much.

R/R: I finally got over my reservations about testing with OPKs while at work next cycle.  Our staff bathrooms are all single occupancy, but I am not too worried about hiding the tiny test strip in the trash.  Besides, it's not like I am going to just leave the packaging around for anyone to see.  

CS/Q: Nope.
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have been lurking for a while but thought I should officially join the Bump + post. Hope everyone is doing well in the TWW.

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD/DPO: 26/ approx. 13

Timing: -2, 0 (I didn't use OPKs this month at the request of my husband, so this is based off of cramping)

Typical LP length: 14-16

Testing: Yesterday (BFN), was going to Saturday when period is due but probably won't now

R/R: Rant- TMI but had several chunks of  (bright red) blood/mucus when I used the bathroom this morning. This has never happened and now I am in a bad mood knowing I'm out again this month. I was really looking forward to telling my husband while we are out of town this weekend.  Rave- at least I am going to a lake this weekend to relax. 

CS/Q: none. I tried temping for a few cycles but it caused me even more anxiety than I already have about the process. 
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 how was your first week of school? FX for your testing tomorrow. I really hope you O'd.
    @emeraldduchess that's the worst! single-stall bathrooms at work drive me nuts. glad you're able to come up with a plan for testing there. 
    @prpl11butterfly so glad to hear you are going to counseling. I truly hope it goes well!
    @Sparty18 happy you're back! hope you had a good reprieve. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3 +1 benched

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: -4,-2,0

Typical LP length: 9 days

Testing: y/d BFN. If AF doesn't show today, tomorrow.

R/R: Mild cramping today. I feel like either AF is showing today or FX it's not happening. We'll see. Trying to temper expectations.

CS/Q: I'm sure I could search and dig into a million posts on CM. But is excess CM a good sign? I think I'm SS too much. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 29/13

Timing: -5,-3,-1, +1

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: holding off, waiting til several days late (don't break my heart, BFN's!)

R/R: I'm not sure what this acronym means! 

CS/Q: This one either!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 29/13

Timing: -5,-3,-1, +1

Testing: holding off, waiting til several days late (don't break my heart, BFN's!)

R/R: I'm not sure what this acronym means! 

CS/Q: This one either!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/15

Timing: -3, -1

Testing: AF was supposed to show up today and she hasn’t....
  • Options

• Options
    Sorry for the ridiculous amounts of crappy comments! My phone went on the fritz for a second!

• Options
    mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited August 2018
    Sorry for the ridiculous amounts of crappy comments! My phone went on the fritz for a second!

Testing: AF was supposed to show up today and she hasn’t.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 30/8

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 13-14 days

Testing: Holding off until next week and/or WFAF if I can. Had a discussion on if its (+) with my DH when in Scotland does he want me to wait and tell him in person or call him. The decision is he wants to know in person, but if my mom finds out (I'm travelling with her) then he wants to know right away. Haha this would be a great problem to have. 

R/R: Rave: I decided I'm getting a manicure today before my trip tomorrow and the weather is slightly cooler then the beginning of the week. Rant: None its almost Friday.

CS/Q: Temps still high.
  • Options
    @rvtrotta Hi! R/R stands for rants and raves. Feel free to use that section to share your little victories or petty complaints. CS/Q Stands for Chart Stalk / Questions. If you are charting your temps and would like some insight on how your chart looks you can post it in this section. If you're not charting temps you can ask questions about your cycle or any other TTC related questions. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @dogmomma271 Sorry to hear about your confusing cycle. FX you did O and you get your BFP! 

@Sparty18 TTC can be so anxiety provoking. Hugs to you and just know you’re not alone. 

@kindbytealikat  glad you’re feeling better! 

@prpl11butterfly Hoping you can find some calm vibes and the strength to test when you’re ready. I get super nervous about testing too. I try not to get my hopes up but it’s nearly impossible! 

@vl_16 I feel like I’m always SSing. But I have read that excess white CM late in the LP can be a good sign! FX it is for you! 

@jessg2223 that’s a fun discussion to have with YH! Would be so hard not to tell him over the phone if you do get your BFP! 

Month/cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 22/10

Timing: -4, -3, -2, -1, O

LP length: 11-12

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I’ve been cramping on and off for the past few days so I’m not super optimistic at this point. 

CS/Q: Temps are still high..first cycle temping..based on your experiences, how many lower temps do you get before AF shows? Or is it just that morning one low temp and then she shows? Or is everyone different? 
  • Options
    Hi all,

@dogmomma271 I'm right on that same page with you on wondering wtf my body is doing this cycle and whether or not I even O'd. Fx for you that your students stay awesome to keep from adding to your stress!

@Sparty18 fx that you got all the things done!

@jessg2223 keep on holding strong on the WFAF. It is a crazy spiral to go down when you start testing early and then are constantly questioning your results (and getting disappointed by each BFN, even though you know it may just be too early).

@kindbytealikat what kind of decorations did you get? Door decor? Glad you are feeling better!

@prpl11butterfly glad you found someone you like. That can often be part of the hardest bit. Hope you get all the things tomorrow, including finding a house you love.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 30/14???

Timing: -5,-3,-1,+1 (if I O'd when I usually do)

Testing: CD 28, CD 29. Bought my first OPK (excited to join the POAS club more frequently) to use in my next cycle because this one has been all screwy (see below) and I'd like to figure out when things are actually happening.

R/R: Rant: I am usually regular enough to set a clock by (literally, it's every 29th day between 8 and 9 AM, only ever deviating ONCE in the 22 years I've had a period) but this month I'm 2 days late. A BFN testing yesterday and today, though, so clearly it's just my body playing a practical joke on me. Rave: taking tomorrow off to glory in an extra-long weekend before my class starts a week from Monday. Might also finalize the readings my students need to do for their first assignment...

• Options
    @lilyan1522 Ha it was! I would only have to keep it from him for a few days based on not testing until 14DPO! I don’t know if I could though! 

@spacepiraterunner Yep I’ve been down that road the last few months...really trying to hold out this cycle and avoid early testing. Good luck with figuring out O! Temping the last two months has helped me a lot. 
  • Options
    @spacepiraterunner I bought a door hanger that has acorns on it, I bough 2 Raggedy Ann type scarecrows, a small Peanuts fall yard flag and a big fake pumpkin

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2018
    @dogmomma271 yay for the + OPK at least, although it sucks that it happened on such a messed up cycle.

@Sparty18 Good luck this cycle! Glad you're getting a break form temping for your sanity.

@lilyann1522 Do you normally cramp for a few days before AF? So many pregnancy and pre-AF symptoms are similar it's hard to distinguish but I wouldn't say that definitely means AF is imminent. Also, I think the temp drop is usually one or two days before AF. Have you had that drop happen yet or just trying to figure it out for the end of your cycle?

@vl_16 Agree w/ Lilyann, I think excess CM later in your LP is a good sign

I've been MIA since Sunday while at a work conference but excited to join you guys in the TWW after 35 days in WTO.

ETA that I'm going to wait and post on me tomorrow but wanted to jump in on today's thread (it's still Thursday in California) to provide a bit of support.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 I do usually cramp for several days before AF. These cramps feel really similar so that’s why I don’t have high hopes. My temps are still high as of this morning though, so that’s giving me what I’m guessing to be false hope. I still have 2 days before AF is officially due so guessing my temp will drop tmrw. Whomp whomp!