What is your favorite quote?

Re: GTKY Wednesday 8/29

• Loading the player...

• "It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    I don't have a single favorite, but here are a some that I really love.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Girls compete with each other. Women empower one another. 

Only God can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, and a victim into a victory.

Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. 

Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack. 

There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on. 

Speak even if your voice shakes.

A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms. 

Grief is like an earthquake. The first one hits you and your world falls apart. Even after you put it back together again, there are aftershocks, and you never really know when those will come. 

Rain falls because the clouds can no longer handle the weight. Tears fall because the heart can no longer handle the pain. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• "I'm through accepting limits 'cause someone says they're so.  Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try, I'll never know." - Wicked (I love the whole musical, obviously)  I have a pendant that says "Defy Gravity" that I wear a lot.

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." - Shakespeare.  I have this on a pendant, my phone case, and I just bought a wooden sign with this quote for my desk.  I like to remind myself on my bad days that I am much stronger than I think.
  • What if I fall? Oh, but my Darling, What if you fly? 
  • I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give. -Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre. 
  • I have so many ! 

"Don't let anyone rent space in your heaf unless theyre a good tenant"
    "Its OK if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get up you rise as the whole damn fire"
  • Late to the game. But I actually want to get the first line tattooed on my wrist to look like a bracelet.

A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.
    - Stephen Hoeller
  • @kindbytealikat I have bible verses also, but really like;
    "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'" -Stephen King- The Shawshank Redemption