Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 8/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 8/29

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPK, D2, prenatals 

R/R: happy to finally be returning to the TTC world!

CS/Q: not right now! But hopefully I will have a chart to stalk soon! I have no idea when O might happen this month.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lulu1180 yay for moving day! But what a bummer about the more open style cubicles. 
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited August 2018
    @meatballs37 - Yay for a positive OPK! It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I have my second positive yesterday but still no temp spike. Definitely keep doing OPKs until you get a negative.

@lulu1180 - Sometimes I tilt my screen so that my coworker can't see what I'm doing  :#:p

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPKs, CM, HIO

R/R: I just started a Bullet Journal and I love it! I've always been one for lists and tracking, but thought I wasn't artsy enough to do one. Well, I found a super simplified version of how to do it, and I'm trying my hand at it. This week is practice week, and beginning of September I'm going all in. Anyone else #BUJO?

CS/Q: Another positive (yay!), but still waiting on my temp.

• Options
    @marebear15 I have a BUJO at home that I haven't touched in months.  I used it mainly for tracking food and exercise.  I keep thinking I should start it back up.  It's all about finding what works for you!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @meatballs37 YAY for positive OPK! 

@lulu1180 Hope moving day goes super smoothly!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, Temping, Evening Primrose oil

R/R: Weeks leading up to long weekends feel sooooo long. How is it only Wednesday?!

CS/Q: I impulse purchased Evening primrose oil because it was near the prenatals (so great marketing, store manager). I think I've seen a few of y'all adding it to the mix between AF and O. Any noticeable difference? I googled it and of course there were some horror stories, so I was a little like "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" 
  • Options
    *lurking*

@lulu1180 Yay for moving day!
    @marebear15 I'm not artsy enough for a bullet journal, but I'm also a perfectionist. I think I would just ultimately get frustrated and give up because I couldn't make it look how I want. I just keep a plane jane journal. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 yay for + fx for a temp shift tomorrow! 
    @lulu1180 That sucks for more open concept. You need one of those screen deflectors.
    @marebear15 I love bullet journals, but I have a tendency to be a little to OCD and when one page isn't right I would have to start all over. Needless to say, I had to throw it away because it was giving me anxiety when I couldn't manage to make things look perfectly like I saw it in my mind haha! 

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, BBT, CM, PNV 

R/R: Got my football menu ready for the weekend, cornhole boards out and the firepit cleaned out! I am ready for a wonderful weekend, now if the rest of this week would hurry up and get with the program that would be great! 

CS/Q: Nope! 

• Options
    @meatballs37 Awesome on the OPK
    @Lulu1180 sending you all the good luck moving vibes today! 
    @heml I am an impulse buyer too (recently it's been every single Pro version of the many fertility apps)
    @marebear15 can you share where you found your simple BUJO - every time I start the perfectionist in me gets discouraged. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Temping, PNVs, CP, CM, OPK,...HIO 

R/R: We leave for Italy on Friday night for my DH 40th b-day trip. But right now I am more excited about my mani/pedi scheduled for tomorrow after work (I seriously should not even be wearing open toe shoes right now!) 

CS/Q: I am not new to tracking my cycle and have been sans hormones for 6yrs so I know know what my body feels like during my cycle. However, I don't know when I should start or how often I should be doing my OPKs. Any insight? 

• Options
    @meatballs37:  Hooray for peeing on things!  

Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, OPK, CP

R/R:  I'm so done with this week already.  I agree with the sentiment above that the week before a holiday seems to move THAT   MUCH    MORE       SLOWLY.  

CS/Q:  None right now, but ya'll, I've actually temped 3 mornings in a row!  I'm celebrating my small victories right now.
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    @marebear15 @lulu1180 @thegirlwhowaited_
    I am going to have to google BuJo. I used to be into the planning as well and have quite the washi tape collection. But I also gave up because my planner would look sloppy. I had an Erin Condren one for about two years. Maybe I should get back into it. My mom uses the happy planners and those are really cute without having to add a whole lot to it. You can find them at michaels and hobby lobby. Now to shop todayfor one or not is the question. Hmm. 

Eta: post cut off  

• Options
    Sorry about posting and running, the stupid app doesn't like to load or kicks be off.
    From yesterday :
    @kiki047 @nomangos23 thanks ladies this temping thing can be so confusing. 

Today:
    @meatballs37 Yay for +opk! 
    @lulu1180 good luck on the move! 
    @marebear15 I've thought about trying it. But I'm more of a organized choas. I might try again with just tracking habits. 
    @julfiastro have fun on your trip! I would say start opks on CD 10, that's about the average. 

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: HIO,  temping, OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R: we started trying to level an area in our backyard. It seemed like an easy thing to do but its not. My hands hurt and feel like they were carpet burned. 

CS/Q: 
    I did get a temp rise today but no cross hairs. If I use the opk detector it puts ovulation on CD 16. 

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU:  OPKs, HIO, PNVs, CM

R/R:  I slept the ENTIRE night (woke up 5 mins before my alarm). I haven’t done that in what feels like forever. I’m feeling really optimistic about this cycle. Last night DH proposed a mini weekend trip before one of his (many) work trips in October and we haven’t done that in forever. I’m getting excited for the possibility...even if it means we go to a football game of the team I despise. At least I get to see a new stadium? 

CS/Q: Nada aquí.

@julfiastro Yay for Italy!! They have the best pizza and gelato there!! What cities are you visiting there? I loved Rome!

@meatballs37 FX for your crosshairs!

@heml Dr. Google is the literal worst!

@marebear15 I have never heard of a bullet journal so I had to google it. Some of them look amazing!! I did a regular journal for about 10 years, but I definitely don’t have the artistic ability to do a bullet journal. 

@lulu1180 Have fun moving! Hopefully you’ll find a way to keep on bumpin’! 

@klmmcguire Yay for football!!

*edit because mobile sucks
  • Options
    @meatballs37 - I read that its very common to have a temp dip just before, or right at O. That happened to me last cycle, actually! My temp dipped the day before O and then spiked as it should. I bet $10 you O today so GET TO WERK, hah
    Also, I use this magnesium oil, here. 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: CP/CM/BBT/OPK, N&C, supplements, PNVs, etc. 

R/R: Day 3 of EWCM, and another negative OPK which @nomangos23 says is good, so yay!

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler if you're interested, but nothing to see yet. 

• Options
    @heml I think @harrierwife is using evening primrose oil. I’ve never heard of it for ttc. Just for softening the cervix near the end of a pregnancy. Adding it to my google list for the day. 

@klmcguire football yasssss! 

@julfiastro depending on your cycle is when you should start them. If you have a shorter cycle, you should start them sooner after AF. Most kits come with directions on what CD to start them. I’ve been doing them my whole cycle out of pure curiosity. I will say that yesterday morning I had a negative OPK, but by afternoon I had a positive. So if you do one a day, I would make it split the time between the two. 

@lcking82  I’ve definitely turned into the crazy person who has peed on all the things. I’m not even ashamed. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife I ordered a spray last night out of insomnia desperation. I’m sure this is how amazon makes half their money. Ha! And DH is coming home for “lunch”  :D  Your chart is looking pretty good! When does YH get back into town? 
  • Options
    @g8rmama_16 Welcome! 
    @lulu1180 GL with your move today. 
    @meatballs37 yay for your OPK! I was amazed at how much my diet affected my temps, curious to see how the rest of your chart looks as well! Enjoy your special lunch break today ;)  B)
    @marebear15 FX for O soon! I had to look up what #BUJO was. That looks so cool! Knowing me, I'd be terrible at it but I love the idea of it. 
    @heml I feel like a lump on hump day. 
    @klmcguire Your weekend plans sound awesome. What's on the menu?
    @julfiastro welcome, hope your stay with us is short but looking forward to getting to know you. Italy sounds ammaazing, so jealous. Between you and @literatureandink traveling I'm having serious fomo over here lol. 
    Re: OPKs, depending on your cycle, some say to take your average cycle length and count backwards 17 days. Others would say to start around CD10, and even test twice a day once you start getting EWCM because if you have a short surge you might miss it only testing once a day. 
    @harrierwife you have me googling magnesium oil sprays now. My SO has restless leg syndrome so I've got him on a chewable supplement but given that oral supplements don't have a great absorption rate, the spray sounds perfect. 

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, rosmarinus, seed cycling, homeopathic hormone rebalancing program, anti-estrogenic diet, and of course HIO  

R/R: I have to eat a tbsp of each of raw ground flax and pumpkin seeds everyday for this seed cycling and I'm running out of ideas to try to integrate it into my diet. I put a bit in my smoothie but I hate the gritty bits (I don't even like berries with seeds), this morning I stirred it into my yogurt and berries but the ratio is off so it's mostly just like lumpy oatmeal. lol I'm still eating it but it's a struggle. 
    Rave: Saw Crazy Rich Asians last night with the fam. So so so good. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 Did you read the book also? I’m curious if it is similar...the reviews are great so I’m sure I’ll see it regardless. 
  • Options
    @lulu1180 - What kinds of pages did you have in it?

@heml - Ugh, don't those weeks seem long? I was actually confused at first to why you were talking about a long weekend, but then I remembered Labor Day. Unfortunately, I don't get it off. grr   :|

@thegirlwhowaited_ - I think BUJOs and normal journals are a little different because a normal journal you are writing about what has happened, a BUJO is more of a goal tracker for the future.

@klmcguire - I'm having trouble not trying to be perfect, but mostly I just do a few doodles on each page and the majority of it is all business style.

@julfiastro - I just searched in Pinterest "simple bujo." Also https://bulletjournal.com/get-started/ is the scientific approach.  
    You can take your normal cycle length, divide it in half, and subtract 5 to get the CD on which to start OPKs. So if you have a 30 day cycle, start on CD10.

@asupernovablizzardstorm - Maybe one more day of high temps and you'll get CHs.

@lillywonderland - I love nights where I get to sleep through! I got one last night as well.

@harrierwife - FX for a positive soon.

• Options
    @marebear15 Oh, I fully understand that. But I put goals and stuff in my regular journal in addition to writing about my day (I don't journal daily though), and then I also add goals to my monthly/weekly planner. Maybe it's twice as much work this way, but I don't have to draw anything. 
  • Options

@heml My only advice with EPO is to only take it up until O.  I’ve read that it can cause uterine contractions, which could possibly inhibit implantation.  I have taken it on and off in the past and did notice a little bit of an increase in EWCM, which is why I took it in the first place.

@klmcguire I don’t remember if you mentioned this before, what team do you root for?

@julfiastro Enjoy the trip!!  That sounds amazing!  How long will you be in Italy? 

@lcking3 Yay for remembering to temp! 

@meatballs37 If you’re interested, this is what I got when I started last year (around this time, actually)

@asupernovablizzardstorm Have you tried putting a fake high temp in for tomorrow to see what it does?  That’s odd that it didn’t give you CHs for CD16, I wonder if all of the open circles somehow threw it off.

@lillywonderland I hope you’re able to go on your mini weekend trip, those are the best!  What team would you be going to see? 

@harrierwife Yay for EWCM!!  That’s always a good sign that O is impending!

@kiki047 I’m so sorry you have to eat that, it doesn’t sound at all pleasant.  I hope it does its job!

@marebear15 I’d have to look at it again to see but what I remember was a weight tracker, meal plan (and a shopping list), food tracker, gratitude tracker, fitness tracker, healthy habits, water consumption.  I can’t remember if there was anything else.  The one thing I will say is if you find that the layout you decided on doesn’t work for you, then change it!  The original layout I had was way too cramped so I changed it slightly.  Then when I picked it up after a couple months of not using it, I changed it up again based on what I thought would work better and give me the room I felt I needed to write things in the spaces.  I can send you pics of what I had in a PM later tonight or tomorrow if you like.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I read half of it but then I started a course for work and never got around to finishing it. Now I've lost the book in the move but it's packed somewhere. 
    @lulu1180 pretty sure it would taste great if I could toss it with some coconut and honey and toast it, then eat it over ice cream... but alas... I'm told it must be raw, and I'm not allowed to have ice cream. lol. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I realized after looking online a little bit more that BUJO is way out of my league. I would probably give up after a week. But I’m all about having a hard copy something to write in. I’ve tried using my phone calendar before and I just don’t like it. 

I like the idea idea of doing a grateful tracker though. Dh  and I stared a grateful jar this year and have been putting one thing in every week. We plan on reading them on New Years. We really thought this year was going to be a good one compared to 2017. But it’s been pretty mediocre. 

I stopped at michaels and picked up a new planner because they are 50% off. They also had goal inserts too. So I got the budget planner one. 

@lulu1180 love those pens. Do they bleed at all through pages? I suppose it depends on the thickness of the paper. 
  • Options
    @lulu1180 - Yes I would love that! Did you have all of that on a single spread? Or multiple pages/spreads?
  • Options
    Wow - thanks for all the feedback regarding the OPK. I have a fairly regular 28 day cycle complete so I may take one Friday (CD9) since CD10 is going to be a travel day. 

@lillywonderland, @lulu1180 we're doing a week traveling around the Amalfi Coast and Capri and then a few days in Rome. We're traveling with my DH's parents...so, it should be a lot of fun (and yes separate hotel rooms every night!)

• Options
    @kiki047 Buffalo Chicken Dip, Sliders, wings and a strawberry sheet cake! 

@lulu1180 War Eagle... I am mainly just here for the food and football atmosphere haha!  

@meatballs37 I do love a good planner. If you like the EC and HP layouts take a look at Plum Paper, its my new favorite. Mainly because of the monthly stuff I can add to it! 

• Options
    lulu1180lulu1180 member
    edited August 2018
    @meatballs37 They've bled through the pages a little bit here and there but nothing major.  It's usually at the points where I pressed a little harder or used the pen to mark a spot

@marebear15 They were all on different pages.  I'll send you pics of some of my layouts later (it might not be until tomorrow as I'm going with my BFF to get a dress for a wedding she's going to this weekend
    ETA also, I scoured Pinterest for layouts that interested me and then personalized them to fit a little better to exactly what I was looking for

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @meatballs37 - he's getting home tomorrow night and I'm sweating it a little bit. I dunno if we'll be able to HIO enough this month, but we'll see. 

And yeah, Amazon takes all my money each month. We have Prime and live in a town that's 85 miles from the closest Target and Starbucks, so its my lifeline along with Thrive Market. The magnesium oil might make you a little itchy the first few times you use it - apparently its typical of those that are deficient (which studies show almost everyone is) - but it goes away in 15-20 minutes. It makes me pretty Zen after I use it so I make sure to use it before bed and not as I'm getting ready in the morning hahahah!
  • Options
    @kiki047 Hmmm, how about on TOP of yogurt like granola? Then you'll be done with it in 3 bites and don't have to deal with weird bits for the entire cup? Oooor maybe with a 1/4 cup of water and just down it like a shot? 

Ok I didn't know bullet planners were a thing but now that I do I'm kind of pissed because just spent like FOUR hours last weekend making calendars in a regular journal with a freaking ruler. 

*Adds bullet journal, magnesium oil, pens, and the book crazy rich asians in my amazon shopping cart*  

:# 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 - I read Crazy Rich Asians a few years ago and it may be one of my favorite books ever. Its not going to win any literature awards, but it was so entertaining
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @harrierwife I read some reviews on the Mg spray. And they said putting it on the bottom of your feet instead before bed will help you avoid the itching. Interesting that the itching is associated with a deficiency. 

Also adding crazy rih asians to my amazon list. 
  • Options
    I JUST TURNED AN OPK AND MY HUSBAND ISN'T HOME FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURSSSSS

• Options
    @harrierwife nooooo! You must attack him at the door when he gets home. I have been analyzing my OPKs for the last two days. They are still positive. And from all the reading it’s 24-36 hours after a positive that you might ovulate. And then the egg livesfor 24 hours. So you have totally got this! 
  • Options
    @harrierwife you got this girl! 
    @kiki047 I use to mix them into a shake but really began to hate the consistency.  So I started speaking peanut butter in apple slices sprinkling then on top of peanut butter - crunchy PB obviously. Good luck. 
  • Options
    @lulu1180 The Steelers. I am not a fan but I’ve never really spent time in Pittsburgh some that would be awesome.