Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday 8/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**  

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 8/29

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1 post benched

CD/DPO: I didn't start tracking until now cycle. FF says 31/8, but I think I O'ed a week before that.

Timing:  good

Typical LP length:  14-15 days

Testing: none, waiting for AF.  I have been spotting for 2 days now.

R/R: I have another unexpected day off of work, so I plan to try and be productive and get stuff put away around the house.  We are having a guy come tonight to pick out stuff for our patio, which is exciting. Otherwise, I am incredibly exhausted 

CS/Q: none, my chart is a mess.  I have tried to get back into the habit of temping, but it is not going well!

• Options
    Thanks for getting us started today @holly321 :) Enjoying the heat wave here lately?!

Month/cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 36/7

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: 14d?

Testing: holding out for Monday. It usually gets harder the further out I get!

R/R: Some spotting and a little bit of cramping this morning...I don’t usually spot but I’m sure there’s a first time for everything. Sometimes I’ll get light cramping the week up to AF so that’s not as weird to me.
    Rave is that I’m off today :) 

CS/Q: nope!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321 @Swiftlethope you enjoy your days off! I'm a bit jealous but as we are also in the heatwave, the AC at work is nice.

Month/Cycle:
    13/10

CD/DPO: 29/10

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: maybe Fri (12dpo) so I can be moody at work and not camping with family in the event of a BFN 

R/R: So I finally broke down to DH. We might be heading in a better place now. I also made some calls about counseling yesterday. I cant believe how hard it was to say "I need help working thought emotions xxxxxx" but I did and it felt really good when I was done.

CS/Q: Still not temping. RHR is going back up and I'm having hot flashes (but hello, heatwave!!!). I'm still having the usual cramps. Trying to remain level headed and not develop false hope. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @holly321 Exciting about the patio! I hope you get some rest.

@Swiftlet Enjoy your day off! and FX the spotting is a good sign.

@prpl11butterfly I'm glad you took the step to reach out and I'm very happy to hear you felt good about it.

Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD/DPO: 29/ 1 day past IUI

Timing: -3, -2, IUI/0

Typical LP length: 11-13 not sure what it'll be like since this cycle was my first medicated.

Testing: waiting waiting waiting

R/R: I'm nauseous this morning and having a hard time eating my breakfast. I'm also staying home another day because I'm crampy on and off and just feel uncomfortable and still bloated. Luckily I can work from home, but I may just take the afternoon off. 
    Rant: We had a slight fiasco with our wedding pictures last night. I still haven't seen all of them and the SD card they were sent to me on is corrupt and every computer (mac/pc) wants to reformat it, which will delete everything. Good part is we are trying to get them on a google drive file so we can save them from there.

CS/Q:I'm hoping I actually O'd yesterday. At 10am when the IUI was done and the RE looked at my ovaries with the ultrasound there was still a big black follicle on the screen so I'm not sure I had by the time the IUI was performed, but I did have a temp spike today from my skin temp with Ava. I've been putting the temps in FF. *Edited to add chart:

• Options
    @holly321 enjoy designing your patio!  
    @Swiftlet I hope you have a nice relaxing day off.
    @prpl11butterfly internet hugs for you.  I know how hard it is to take that first step towards getting help.  I was scared, but once I made that phone call and got an appointment, I felt so much better knowing that help was on the way.  Hang in there! 
    @thegirlwhowaited_ it sounds like your IUI went pretty well! Fingers crossed for you!  And ugh to the wedding picture situation.  That has to be SO frustrating!

Month/Cycle:2/2

CD/DPO: 20/4

Timing: -2 (was expecting to O much later and DH was sick)

Typical LP length: I think around 14 days

Testing: Only if I'm late. Our timing wasn't great, so I am not expecting anything.  

R/R: Rave: I'm going to lunch and maybe shopping with my mom today since it's her day off.  I am looking forward to it since I go back to work next week and it'll be nice to have a last day out to relax. Rant: My dog is a pretzel thief.  

CS/Q: Nope.  I think I might start temping next cycle since I will be waking up at a more consistent time.  That, and I feel like Fertility Friend is shaming me for not using that feature.  Ha.
  • Options
    SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited August 2018
    @prpl11butterfly good for you for reaching out. That’s always the hardest step, acknowledging that you need help with working through certain emotions. I hope YH continues to be a good sounding board for you and that you find a good counselor <3

@thegirlwhowaited_ I’m sorry you’re feeling crummy still today :( I hope you can take a little extra time to yourself today at home. Very cool that the Ava showed such an obvious temp spike! Seems like perfect timing for your IUI :) FX so hard for you this cycle!

@emeraldduchess have a great time with your mom today! I don’t use FF for that reason, other apps seem much more friendly to the non-tempers :lol:
  • Options
    @holly321 hopefully you can get a lot done today & picking out things for your patio sounds fun
    @swiftlet fx that spotting indicates something other than AF!
    @prpl11butterfly I'm so glad you're getting to a better place emotionally and try and stay cool (it's 105 here with the index today ugh)
    @thegirlwhowaited_ I hope the wedding pic issue gets resolved! and fx you feel better soon
    @emeraldduchess enjoy the day with your mom today! I think FF is shaming me as well for not temping lol

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 22/10

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 9

Testing: BFN this AM on a digital. making me think I haven't O'd yet. if AF doesn't show & I'm still BFN on Friday with a FRER, I'll accept that I didn't actually O and will just be in limbo lol

R/R: Rave: BFF comes in Saturday! so ready to show her my city :) 

CS/Q:
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @holly321 it’s so hard getting into the habit. I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle. I don’t temp during TWW because the progesterone throws everything off but I feel like I’m starting over every month. And two days a week I’m up 1.5h earlier than usual. 
    @prpl11butterfly I’m so jealous of the camping, we didn’t manage one time this year. Good job for making the appointment that is one of the hardest things to do.
    @thegirlwhowaited_  glad the IUI went well. I hope the wedding pics is an easy fix.
    @chichiphin Sorry your body it’s being making things easy. Yay for BFF visits!!

Month/Cycle: 3/3(been trying since May 17’)

CD/DPO: 26/10

Timing: -4,-1,+1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Only if no AF Monday 

R/R: I’m starting to feel better finally. Took today off though because I still don’t feel I’ve got the air power to walk around a school for 8 hours. I’m supposed to work twice a week but that’s not going to happen this week. Since I didn’t go to the doctor because it’s jusy something viral/asthma I hope work doesn’t give me a hard time. 

CS/Q:nope 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Hello all, new to this, but I could the support. This ttc roller coaster is exhausting. AF came last week so roll over to Sept. Now on CD 5. Have had two loses and a DnC hat left my cervix scarred. Had adhésions removed in June and this is cycle 3 ttc since procedure.  Am really happy to see the how some you of are talking this all in stride. I could use a bit of that. There are days that it all gets so overwhelming. 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat glad you are starting to feel better!
    @chichiphin I'm right there with you, but also scoured the internet last night for a lot of reassurance that bfp before 11 or 12 dpo is really rare. Fx for you! 
    @emeraldduchess have a nice day with your mom, that sounds fun!
    @thegirlwhowaited_ that's so infuriating about your wedding pics! i hope everything gets sorted soon! 
    @prpl11butterfly that's so great that you were able to communicate that to your H. and +1 for counseling being a good thing, MH and I sought that out a few years ago and it saved our marriage just being able to communicate freely in a safe environment. 
    @holly321 what kind of setup are you all doing for your patio? 
    @Swiftlet all the Fx for you this cycle! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: I broke down and had DH buy tests last night. I took one partly because I just want to know but also because I needed to go get antibiotics today for my UTI. Of course it came back nil on 9dpo (I don't know why I bothered), so now I'm going to try to hold out again until Friday. 

R/R: These LP symptoms always throw me for a loop but it's particularly hard to ignore this month. Two nights ago I had such bad hot flashes that I woke up feeling like the bed was on fire, even though it was only warm to the touch of my hand. I cranked the AC but I was still burning up all night and got very little sleep. Of course that did not happen at all last night so who knows what is up with my body. 

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @holly321 anything fun planned outside of housework?

@Swiftlet keeping everything crossed that AF doesn't show. I hope you also get to do something fun with the day off. 

@prpl11butterfly yay for AC! Glad to be back in the South where it's required in all homes. I am happy to hear you're talking with your H and finding some outside help. Hope you're able to get some guidance. 

@chichiphin sorry about the BFN. I got one this morning, too. FX for a BFP on Friday.

Month/Cycle: 3/3 + 1 benched

CD/DPO: 22/8 I think

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 9

Testing: This morning (couldn't hold out longer), BFN. Will try again on Friday if AF doesn't show tomorrow.

R/R: Had the best time with DH on our concert date. We were at a soul concert. Was really awesome to get out and enjoy live music. It's been forever.

I just want to know if AF is coming before we go camping this weekend.

CS/Q: None today.
  • Options
    @vl_16 sorry about your BFN. <3 But I'm glad you had a good date with YH.

@mamanbebe sorry about you BFN. <3 I hope your UTI goes away though and doesn't throw off your digestive track too much (I think it was you who has been trying to naturally get rid of the UTI so you din't mess up your gut flora).
  • Options
    Just a quick check in today, work is busy!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 29/7

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: None yet, decided I'll take a test with me on vacation and test if I'm SS! If not I'll WFAF. 

R/R: None yet, works been busy.

CS/Q: Temperature still high. 
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @chichiphin - This could be a positive sign that your LP lengthened, FX!
  • Options
    @marebear15 right!! so even if AF shows, a LP longer than 9 is def a silver lining 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 30/13

Timing: eod

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: BFN today (wondfo)

R/R: Ugh, BFN and still brown spotting and cramping, no red.  Like can you have a period of just brown discharge? That doesn’t sound like a thing.  With all the spotting for the last 11 of 13 days I know my chances are a unicorn so I’m just ready to move on to the next cycle.  To be honest though, there is still a tiny voice saying but maybe baby and I feel like a crazy person. 

Rave- Because I need to have a positive attitude, I had lunch with someone I haven’t in a long time and it was really nice.  

• Options
    @jhems776 Sorry about the BFN <3 I'm keeping everything crossed that brown is good news! I feel at some point you would start a full flow if not, but brown means old blood doesn't it? And old blood means not AF. 
    Image result for fingers crossed gif
  • Options
    Well, I need to move over to WTO...boo, but,
    @Swiftlet, I am hating this heat, and the little taste of fall we had last week is making it 10X worse!

@vl_16,no, I am stuck at home today.  And I went to try and do some baking, and realized how much I still need to buy ( we moved recently, and had been staying with family, so I had nothing!)
    I am glad you enjoyed your concert!  

@kindbytealikat, I am glad you are starting to feel better, hopefully eork doesn't give you a hard time. 

• Options
    @holly321 oh I'm sorry :( 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options

@thegirlwhowaited_ Thank you so much!!!  Hope you feel better fast and your wedding pictures find their way to you correctly.

@holly321  Yay for the day off and getting things done.

@Swiftlet Two people in a row off lol, hope you are enjoying it.  Spotting can really mess with your head, good luck.

@prpl11butterfly It’s so hot here too, hope it cools a bit for your camping trip.

@emeraldduchess I too feel shamed for not temping from FF lol.  Have a great time with your mom.

@chichiphin  I feel you being in limbo, maybe it’s just a bit early for a digital FX.

-       Boss called, hope to respond to everyone later  

• Options
    *lurk*

@prpl11butterfly and @mamanbebe Gl on Friday ladies, fx! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Hello, I'm new so I'll probably fuck this up. 

I'm trying to get pregnant and don't think I know some acronyms but let's give it a shot:

Month/Cycle: Does this mean how long, month and cycle wise, that I have been trying to get pregnant? Well I think 3 months. 

CD/DPO: CD? I think DPO means days past ovulation? I ovulate tomorrow. I think. 

Timing: Uh...the timing couldn't be better?

Typical LP length: LP? Last Period? 5 days.

Testing: Not yet.

R/R: I have no idea. Rest and Relaxation? none. 

CS/Q: geez I have no idea what this means either. I'm obviously gonna be a great contributor. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @PowderKeg technically since you haven't ovulated yet, you would go to WTO (waiting to ovulate) and then move over to TWW ( 2 week wait). Also, did you read the newbie guide and intro in the weekly newbie thread?

Month/Cycle: yes, # of months/cycles

CD/DPO: Cycle Day / Days past Ovulation 

Timing: days you had sex leading up to (and after O)

Typical LP length: Luteal  Phase, # of days between Ovulation and period

Testing: when you plan to test

R/R: Rant / Rave

CS/Q: Chart Stalk / Questions
  • Options
    Long time no post since we moved and have been without internet for 2 weeks now!

@holly321 @swiftlet Lucky you guys for the day off! It’s so nice to have a “you” day!

@thegirlwhowaited_ ugh, I remember waited for what seemed like forever for our wedding pictures! It’s a tough day sit, especially when you thoought you had it!

@emeraldduchess my dog is an everything their! I was doing some work from home and he stole a pile of papers off my desk and started eating them. Good thing we love them!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 27/14

Timing: -3, -1

Typical LP length: 15?

Testing: waiting on af, but I haven’t had any of my typical pms symptoms and I’m due tomorrow. 

R/R: Rave: My home and I finally moved into our first home about a week and a half ago and I finally feel like we are completely settled in!
    Rant: I’ve been really struggling with my emotional health. My anxiety and depression are hitting hard right now and I’m struggling to feel normal, which is making going back to work (I’m a teacher) really difficult.

CS/Q: Only tracking my timing, CM, and AF so I have nothing to show.
  • Options
    @powerkeg welcome! We are a friendly group. Rule of thumb, WTO is if you haven’t ovulated yet. TWW are for those that have ovulated and are waiting to see if aunt flow shows up. Best of luck on your journey TTGP (trying to get pregnant)!
  • Options
    @PowderKeg technically since you haven't ovulated yet, you would go to WTO (waiting to ovulate) and then move over to TWW ( 2 week wait). Also, did you read the newbie guide and intro in the weekly newbie thread?

Month/Cycle: yes, # of months/cycles

CD/DPO: Cycle Day / Days past Ovulation 

Timing: days you had sex leading up to (and after O)

Typical LP length: Luteal  Phase, # of days between Ovulation and period

Testing: when you plan to test

R/R: Rant / Rave

CS/Q: Chart Stalk / Questions
    Thank you @prpl11butterfly !! I'm a lurker, technically not TTC yet, but the BOTB board is soooo quiet. I've been lurking here as much as possible to learn the ropes for when we are TTC, and I've been able to figure out most abbreviations with the help of the Glossary and also context, but hadn't been able to figure out CS/Q. So thank you! I'm gonna go back to lurking now, hope to be chatting with you all soon!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll get this figured out!