Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 8/28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: WTO Tuesday 8/28

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 27 months

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Mg, Vit D, CM, CP, OPKs, haven't decided if I'm going to temp yet

R/R: I woke up some time in the middle of the night with a horrible cramp in my left calf.  It's still tight now although I'm trying to work it out so it's not so painful to walk.
    Rave: Move day is finally tomorrow!!  I have to finish packing up my cubicle/desk hopefully today; I can't wait!

CS/Q: nothing to see

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lulu1180 middle of the night cramps are the worst! They really ruin a night of sleep and sometimes the next day, too!

@marebear15 fortunately, you’ll still have great timing even with missing yesterday!

@LJMoon6 hopefully you’re able to do the treatment cycle that you want! And I hate that feeling of planning your life from the “what if’s”

Month/Cycle: cycle 1

CD:  362

WAYDTGKU: just temping and PNV now

R/R:  yesterday at work was crazy and it will still be today. I only have 2 weeks left at this job before moving so 1/2 of me is unmotivated and 1/2 of me just wants to stay busy to make the day not drag. 

CS/Q: not today!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R :no idea if I ovulated or not. The rise wasn't that much and fell back a little. Going to stay here until I get cross hairs. 

CS/Q:

• Options
    @LJMoon6 - I'm so sorry the cycle failed.  Allow yourself to be down for a bit, I think that's a normal reaction.  And FX that insurance comes through to let you do the cycle you want!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV, CM, OPK

R/R:  Had the worst headache yesterday and left work early.  No more than 4 people saw me leaving and said "Oh, leaving early?" or "Not going to conference?" --- Ugh.  Can you not tell with my squinted eye and angry face that I don't feel great.  Shut up.  

CS/Q: No questions, but have temped 2 days in a row!! (I'm the worst at remembering this stuff!)  
  • Options
    @marebear15 - That is some great timing, lady! FX

@LJMoon6 - I'm so sorry. Do something for yourself today, or better yet, right now? Can you make a cup of tea/coffee and take 5 away from your phone or computer? When I find that I'm in moods like that I make sure to sit in that dark place and take a good look around. Your feelings are valid and you shouldn't deny yourself that. It's a-okay to feel exactly how you're feeling. Don't worry about the insurance today - just feel what you're feeling and even state it out loud to yourself - "I'm feeling _______ right now because ________." I do this during my commutes a lot. If you look feelings like that straight in the eye it 1. validates them and yourself 2. they become less scary. 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: CP/CM/BBT/OPKs, N&C, supplements, etc. 

R/R: Hoping for a productive day today. That animal rescue Yappy Hour fundraiser is on Friday and there's still a lot to do. I was asked to emcee and am a little nervous. I don't like microphones and speaking to large groups of people - I prefer the behind the scenes work instead. Just not a fan of focused attention on myself. 

LOTS of EWCM this morning, but the OPK is still negative. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll be before I O this cycle - I Od on CD15 last time. I guess several days of EWCM before O is a good thing?

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler if you're interested. 

• Options
    @lulu1180 ouch, I used to get so many of those cramps. Even now, if I spread my toes apart I'll get a cramp. GL with the move! 
    @marebear15 hurray for the +OPK. Hope you get your BD in tonight! 
    @LJMoon6 *hugs* friend. Hopefully you have a bit of room in your insurance to cover the IUI but for now, give yourself some time to process your feelings. It sucks when your body fails you; we do everything right, we take all the vit/supplements, chart, give up alcohol, eat right, time BD, alll the things, then to have your body just completely let you down, it is hard to move past that. A little self-care goes a long way. 
    @mokay19 how's packing going for the move? 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm based on some of your past charts I'd wait another day and see if your temp spikes a little higher? Last cycle your rise was slow but consistent, two cycles ago you had that nice ~.5 degree jump. 
    @lcking82 how is it that I can get out of work on a normal day without seeing another soul all the way to the parking lot but god forbid I leave early or I feel like crap, it's like a beacon has been turned on and everyone is somehow between me and the door lol. Sorry for your headache. 
    @harrierwife i totally don't know you IRL and I'm sure we're all different online than in person (I know I am, I'm much more comfortable typing than speaking) but I can already tell you're going to ROCK this emcee business. Go get 'em girl! 

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: all the things.

R/R: Went in the hot tub last night. It wasn't nearly hot enough but felt so good, and slept like a rock. 
    Not really a rant but my period is so heavy this month. *TMI* like it filled my menstrual cup to the top (and I dumped it everywhere when I took it out, FML). My normal flow when I was on BCP was maybe 1/3 of the cup per day. I take it as a good sign because my an-o bleeds have been barely there but it's not a pretty sight. Especially when you're not expecting it and bleed all over the nice white bathmat :lol:  :s  My SO doesn't do blood so it's a good thing he was still puttering around in the garage or he would have passed out. 

CS/Q: Will resume temping when AF vacates the premises.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @LJMoon6 No words, but sending hugs  <3<3<3

@harrierwife I would take that as a VERY good sign! Get it girl! 

@kiki047 While a bitchy AF SUCKS to deal with, a health bleed is a VERY good sign of cycle health. (btw I act like I'm an expert but I'm actually just telling you what I've read in all of my desperate google research :) )

@lcking82 lol I call that migraine face. Most of my co-workers know to avoid me when I'm walking around looking like I can't see anything. Glad you're feeling better today. And it's all about the small victories! Two days strong! Yeah!

@asupernovablizzardstorm If I was a bettin' man I'd say you might see a rise tomorrow morning and FF says you ovulated today. I usually get two days of pos opks, one day of negative, THEN I see a shift. 

AFM, not participating today. Just here for support :)

• Options
    Month/Cycle: Cycle 5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, PNVs, PreSeed

R/R: I just have 0 motivation these days. I want to be on a vacation 24/7!

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler, nothing too interesting yet.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @lulu1180 Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow for Move Day!. Sorry to hear about the leg cramp, they can be so painful. 

@LJMoon6 Hoping you will have some room in your insurance for it to cover another IUI. I'm so sorry to hear about CD1 coming. TTC is truly so draining and controls so much of our lives, it's so hard to explain to people who aren't going through it the sadness and darkness you feel when CD1 comes. Please be kind to yourself and allow yourself to process your feelings. Sending you lots of hugs and support. 

@lcking82 I hope you're feeling much better today. As somebody who gets migraines, I know how painful headaches can be. Great job on remembering to temp! I struggle with it too.

Month/Cycle: 7/9

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, pre-seed, bbt, opk, evening primrose, etc

R/R: 
    I was supposed to see a psychiatrist today to help me with my anxiety, but last night my printer wouldn't work to print out the paperwork and then today I got in my car to drive somewhere to print out the paperwork and to the appointment and my garage door wouldn't open. I tried everything but couldn't get it to open so I could get my car out. I called to reschedule and was made aware how strict this doctor is about reschedules and how it's not great which made me feel terrible, like I got off on the wrong foot before even seeing them. 

I have an interview for a job at a museum on Thursday. I applied for part time since I'm doing contract work but they're only interested in me for a full time position? I'm still going to the interview to get more information and if it's something that I think is a good fit I may accept if offered. 

CS/Q: Will post later in the month when there's more to see. 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 thank you, I am embracing the flow (omg that sounds so gross :lol: ). tbh my barely-there cycles were freaking me the hell out. Dr Google diagnosed me with lots of crazy things. Turns out I just didn't ovulate, lol. womp womp. 

Finally picked a fertility clinic. It's not the "best" one in the city but from what I've read about the doctors they're both very good and it's not an hour drive away. The way I figure, if it comes down to it and we end up needing further treatment we can always switch clinics, right? When I called they said they were booking about 4-6 weeks out so we'll see what happens! OBGYN sending the referral docs over this week. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @LJMoon6:  I don't get a ton of headaches, but every now and then I get a rip-roaring what-I-assume-to-be-migraine.  I usually take Motrin for those, and try and sleep.  I use a microscope all day at my job, so when I do get them it's NO FUN to stare at the light.  I do feel lucky that it's a rare occurrence, I know lot's of folks get frequent headaches.  
  • Options
    @lillywonderland normally I hate running into people I know in public (introvert) but in your case, thank god for your former coworkers! Haha glad your public transit commute was a success! And yes, you're right, a good night's sleep makes such a difference. We were so tired we slept through 3 of our alarms this morning. My SO is a really light sleeper but he didn't even hear me yelling at my google home to STFU :lol: 
    @LJMoon6 YH sounds like a sweetheart to even understand and offer to try to take some of that burden from you. He'll be a great Dad when the time comes, when there really will be things he can take off your plate. 
    Yes, I decided that even though I still want to try to regulate my cycles naturally I still want to know what's going on inside. That'll be on my list of questions to ask the RE, whether she'll be open to working with my naturopath at least for another cycle or two before we resort to medicated cycles. I can go get the tests done, talk about treatment plans and go from there. And if she tries pushing something else then maybe that'll be how I know it isn't the right clinic for me. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @LJMoon6 I decided to take the cycle off.  The unsuccessful cycle hit me harder than I thought it would.  I hope you're able to figure out your insurance woes.  Take care of yourself tonight.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Yes, this is going to be a permanent thing. I have a few logistical challenges to work out, but I think in the end I’ll be a lot happier not driving everyday. People are terrible drivers here and I get so frustrated when people break the laws and make my commute so much longer just because they can’t be bothered to wait in line like every freakin’ kindergartner can.

@kiki047 I felt like such a dope until I saw them. I was trying to explain to the driver that I needed to get off at XYZ but I’m not quite sure he understood me.