January 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/27

no GIF because bump mobile is the actual worst. 
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/27

• Tooth extraction today and I forgot my dang headphones. Ughhhhh. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • My mom made the decision to move in with my sister an hour and a half away from her job, which I told her at the time was a bad decision. I live 10 minutes from her job. Now she's occasionally asking to spend nights at my house, which is causing tension between me and DH because she's a boundary crosser. WWYD? It's really difficult to say no when I don't have anything going on that evening, but I can't let this become a habit. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • @ladystout08 FX tooth extraction goes smoothly!

@kns1988 That's a hard one. Is she the kind of person where you could be like: why don't we plan on you staying over every Tuesday (or whatever day typically makes the most sense), but not any other days. And then you and she both stick to that, or would that be a slippery slope of moving stuff into your house and then she's there Tue and Wed? Or would even the once-a-week thing be too much for you and DH? In which case I think I would just tell her (or not tell her, but have your policy be) -- if you and DH invite her to spend the night she's welcome, if she asks without being invited the answer is always no, whether or not you have something else going on.

Anyone else notice you're getting hit on more than usual now that we're all starting to show? Can't decide if it's a weird primal I'm fertile/put out so guys are interested, or lack of ring (swollen fingers), or I just look so haggard they feel bad for me, but there's been a noticeable up-tick in guys making passes at me.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @Kabazaba, even once a week is too much for me. I'd be more inclined to do once a month. It's so difficult because she takes everything personally. I like the idea that the answer is always no unless we invite her, but I'm not sure how to convey that. I'm usually a direct person, but it's so hard with my mom.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• nononormannononorman member
    edited August 2018
    @Kabazaba yes to getting hit on and it makes me cringe. 

@ladystout08 I’m amazed/horrified you just went through that  :# they need to get you those damn drugs!!

Edited to say this is potterphile, I have no idea why my screen name is changed... going to figure it out!
  • @kns1988 tough situation but I agree w others. It’s most likely going to hurt her no matter what that she can’t just stay over whenever she wants but I think you should be honest w her and definitely suggest when she can join you all on a specific day. Otherwise, she may see your guys’ place as a second home where she can come whenever she pleases. 

@ladystout08 glad to hear everything went smoothly! I am so overdue w my dental check up. I’ve been wondering if I could get novocain and all bc I’m pretty sure there are new cavities since my last check up. I’m just too much of a chicken!!

Happy Monday(?). I basically feel like doing nothing until DH & DD come home. I’m teleworking for the rest of the day but I am currently watching reality TV shows and catching up on here bc #priorities.
  • @ladystout08 Glad everything went well and I hope you get those meds soon! 

@kianarain Good luck with the move. I hope you find time to get everything done! 

I’m really looking forward to my facial on Wednesday. My skin is absolutely terrible since I got pregnant. They used to be my once a month treat but then I resigned from my teaching job so we couldn’t afford it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I should probably start taking some bump pictures now that I'm 20 weeks but meh. I just can't get excited about pics right now because this hot weather is making me feel less than beautiful.  
  • This kid has been doing somersaults like crazy today! It kind of makes me feel like I'm on a roller coaster lol

• @ashva I'm so jealous! I only feel LO like every other or every third day, and even then just barely.

@jgil85 I am with you on the pics. This weekend asked DH to unzip a dress and he goes "wow you're sweaty." Yeah thanks hun, maybe it was just walking around outside for half an hour in the 90+ degree heat? :neutral:
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @saltedcaramel518 I had serious preg-somnia last night, too. Why must our brains randomly go into overdrive? For me, it was just worrying about everything moving (what if the movers don't show? what if the person taking over our lease backs out last second? we should pack some things and bring them over on Thursday night - what if our accent wall isn't dry?!), and my PGAL brain running wild. "I haven't felt her kick in 2 days - something must be wrong!" I am 17+4, and I think (???) it's totally normal to go a couple days without feeling much. 

Ugh, now I'm trying to be work & moving superwoman on less than ideal sleep. I think this is practice for motherhood! 
  • @Kabazaba I understand the feeling! I'm 21+2, and have only started feeling movement with any regularity over the last few days.  Before that I had my fair share of envy for those on here that have been feeling movement for ages! 

• @AshVA At first I found it super weird and exciting to feel baby moving, but as baby is getting stronger and is landing more solid hits, I'm starting to get nervous! Sometimes I feel like a kick is just short of being painful, depending on where it connects, and I can physically see my belly moving around when baby is kicking or rolling. This might be an unpopular sentiment, but it weirds me out a bit! The midwife said, "Just wait until you see a foot jutting out somewhere." She's helpful. :lol:

• @kns1988 oof, that's hard and probably a bit frustrating, especially if you predicted it happening. As long as she's a reasonable person, just having an open conversation sooner rather than later is probably the best bet. Having a schedule like @Kabazaba suggested sounds great if that frequent could work for you. I think just deciding what is best for you and your family and then setting boundaries is a good way to go, before anyone's feelings get hurt. Good luck!

@Kabazaba yes to getting hit on more! So funny you mentioned it. I thought it might be the boobs? lol. Also I find that women strangers are talking to me more too, so it might just be an attitude thing (less resting bitch face compared to normal, etc).

@saltedcaramel518 yes :( The insomnia is so bad. Even benadryl isn't working for me anymore and it used to put me out like a light. Anyone know if there is a biological/evolutionary reason for this insomnia that makes any sense? Something to do with our brains rewiring?
  • @merostomata Ditto to women strangers being friendlier! I think pregnancy puts other people at ease, maybe because they associate pregnancy with "mother" and nurturer. There are even women at work who I have seen a million times over the last 8 years and who have never spoken to me, but now they are chatty chatty chatty.
  • @merostomata I'm with you on the boob theory. I feel like my boobs bursting out of my clothes takes all the attention away from my giant belly.

@saltedcaramel518 I've never had a problem falling asleep in my life but pregnancy insomnia is hitting me hard this week.  :s I can fall asleep okay but then I wake up at 3am and cannot fall back asleep for the life of me.
  • @saltedcaramel518 I had a similar experience the other night! Same thing - woke up to pee and couldn't go back to sleep because my brain wanted to try to recall which college dorms H and I both lived in and in which order.

@leighbrek You are not alone in feeling weird about the movement. At first, I found baby girl's frequent kicks and squirms reassuring. But now, she's summersaulting in there so much sometimes, it almost leaves me with a queasy feeling. I have a feeling this girl is going to be a feisty one.
  • @Rachel2066 I worked 55-60 hours last week and this weekend I decided I need to pace myself. I asked my boss what time she wanted me to come in and she reassured me that I don’t need to come in early. Which helped because I had bad insomnia last night for deciding to go in on time instead of 2 hours early.
  • I've had a real craving for Hooters wings the last week or so. But the nearest Hooters to us is almost 2 hours away, and my SO and I don't have schedules to accommodate going out to get it. The struggle is real.
  • My mouth still hurts. I left my entire purse at home and got to DS’s eye appointment 15 minutes early only to find out it was an hour ago.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I left my wallet (with debit cards and license) at home this morning and didn't realize it until I got to work, which is an hour commute. I did not bring my lunch today, so I guess I'm going to be having a yogurt and a cinnamon roll from the break room for lunch. At least I'll be extra hungry when we go out to eat tonight at our favorite Mexican place. Just hope I don't get pulled over on the way home! 
  • @kaf1788 That's a good idea! I didn't even think about doing something like that.
  • DS got up at 6:30 this morning when he usually gets up at 7:30. I drank two cups of black tea this morning because coffee upsets my stomach early in the morning. DS should be nice and cranky this evening. Here’s to Tuesday! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This whole transitioning to no nap and kinder routine blows. Last night, DS was falling asleep in the car on the way home at 5 but then caught a second wind at 7 and finally went to sleep at 830. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @kns1988 why are we even going on vacation this weekend?!? New GBBS, new season of Ozark.... :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• kns1988 said:
    PSA to other Great British Baking Show fans! A new season drops on Netflix Friday. 

https://www.upi.com/Three-more-seasons-of-Great-British-Baking-Show-headed-to-Netflix/6971535303657/

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Monday was soooo long but then I woke up at 3am today because I thought I heard the dog getting sick - it was all in my head BUT I couldn't go back to bed so I got up and made DH and DS cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Then I laid on the couch watching TV and finally fell asleep at 5:30am only to be woken up by DS at 5:45 (I usually wake him up at 6:20).  I'm pretty grouchy today because of it and this full moon has people extra crazy so I really just want to tell everyone where to shove it today.  Then I told SIL I'd come to her house tonight to get my baby stuff back (she just moved 30 mins north) and really do NOT feel like it because its my only free night this week.  Tomorrow DS has a GI appointment then its straight to back to school night Hell.  Thursday I have a viewing to attend and Friday we're leaving for the last beach weekend of the summer.  I want to cry from exhaustion already just thinking of everything :'(  :'(  :'(
  • @kns1988 Yesss GBBS is my jam and I am unashamedly addicted to it. 
    Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • @kns1988 I'm so excited! I love me some GBBS! Texting DH now...
  • @wkuandrea I love ozark!! I'm counting down the days!!
  • @Rachel2066 good for you for setting some boundaries! I feel like us pregnant ladies sometimes feel pressure (whether from the outside or ourselves) to "prove" that we aren't slowed down by our pregnancies, but sometimes it's best to listen to our bodies and take it a little slower, no matter what others may think. 45-50 hours is still more than plenty!

@MrsDho11 Just...wow. That would make a great addition to the 'Say What?!' thread *shudder*
  • Hi all - been on "vacation" visiting the in laws for the last few days. Of course I forgot a charger and my phone died and then I had to buy a new one, so I've been out of touch.

RE being hit on: I have not been hit on, thankfully. It seems crazy that some guys get really bold when you are pregnant. I remember being hit on last pregnancy and feeling sort of gross about it.

RE Ozark- I'm also looking forward to it! I thought season 1 was great.

Add me to the pregsomnia list. I have weird anxiety dreams and then can't fall asleep. Last night I had horrific gory nightmares that came out of no where but definitely kept me up for over an hour.

Finally, MS came back this evening. Poor DD had a bit of diarrhea and I almost threw up helping her in the bathroom. I had to ask DH to come in to wipe her. Ugh.