Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 8/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 8/27

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, Supplements, BBT, and now Femara + Follistim this next cycle

R/R:  I had to take Provera to get my period started.  Right as I started taking it I finally got fertile CM so pretty sure I was going to O again somewhere after CD 22.  Which is still late again.  So annoying.  

CS/Q:  I am on my last day of Provera and then I will call when my period starts to get my baseline u/s and bloodwork and hopefully start the treatment cycle.

@harrierwife Yay for EWCM!  I have never really had that kind either.  Were you doing anything different?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited August 2018
    @harrierwife - Your temps look great to me. Hopefully O will hold off for a little while.

@sparklingdiamond - I'm looking at a late O too. So annoying.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM, OPKs, N&C

R/R: School is starting here, so the college campus has been crazy! I forget how crowded it gets after the long summer of quietness.

CS/Q: FF gave me dotted CHs but I'm ignoring her. Looks like it'll just be a late O.

• Options
    @harrierwife Yay for EWCM!  I have never really had that kind either.  Were you doing anything different?
    Yes and no - my body and I are still figuring my cycles out. I went off the NuvaRing April 30th after being on it for 14 years and my last cycle was my first O cycle. It may be that my body is starting to regulate, or it may be one or all the additional supplements I added:
    1. Magnesium (oil - I spray it on after a shower)
    2. Red Raspberry Leaf tea
    3. Nettle tea
    4. Fermented Cod Liver Oil
    Who knows! Those are the only things different along with a clean(erish) diet. 

And yeah....so sorry the timing is screwy for you. But, you're being proactive rather than reactive! That's a good thing!

• Options
    @harrierwife ait feels so weird to congratulate someone else in their cervical mucus.  :D But congrats! Wahoo! Hopefully O holds off until DH gets back! 
    @sparklingdiamond ah man. That’s a huge bummer about the provera right before a possible O. I hope your next cycle isn’t as frustrating.
    @marebear15 hmm I see why FF have you CH. you think CD 14 could be an outlier? 

Month/Cycle: 10 (6 benched)

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: PNV, coq10, bbt, cm, ps, OPK, dha

R/R: I think it’s going to be a late O for me as well. I had very sticky CM yesterday and this morning. plus my OPKs are getting lighter. 

CS/Q: nada 
  • Options
    @marebear15 hmm I see why FF have you CH. you think CD 14 could be an outlier? 
    This was my thought, too, @marebear15
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond is there a reason that you started Provera so early on in a cycle? 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM, OPKs 

R/R: I figure getting AF is my consolation prize for a negative cycle.  I've previously been SUPER irregular, and lots of anovulatory cycles, so I had told myself that while a BFP would be the BEST prize, just getting AF near the predicted/expected time is way better than no AF, meaning that I hadn't ovulated when I thought I had.  (also, interestingly, if my OPK's were accurate - didn't temp last cycle - then I had an 11 day luteal phase.  I'm kind of curious if that will line up with temping now, too)

CS/Q:  Woo hoo, starting temping this cycle! 
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ good luck with IUI!!  And awesome sauce at handling your trigger shot like a BOSS.
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @harrierwife Yay for a great “sign!”

@thegirlwhowaited_ I love it... when it’s “forbidden” is when you most want to, HA! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs. 

R/R: DH’s birthday is today! But he’s leaving today to go out of town for the whole week. The last two cycles I Oed CD15 so hoping for that again. I’ll start OPKs on CD11. 

CS/Q: Nope. 
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ yeeaaahh girl! Tomorrow!! So excited for you! GL with everything, FX for you!! 

PS on an unrelated note - did you fix the typo in your username recently or did I make that up? lol. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @lcking82 Thanks! I'm glad you seem to have tracked this pretty well last cycle and getting AF means you did O. Hopefully things still line up with temping.
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ That is so exciting about your IUI tomorrow! WOOOHOO
    @harrierwife - Congrats on CM! That's always a good sign, now if O can just hold off a couple more days! 
    @marebear - I would probably throw out CD14 temp and it probably will remove the CH. I can see why it gave them to you with such a low dip.

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, PNV, CM, Giving CP a try this month to see if I can figure that out  

R/R: I LOVE FALL! We got some nice weather this last week and over the weekend and then Bipolar Alabama is going to say, "Sorry that was only a teaser" I am sure it will be back in the 90's today

CS/Q: I just started temping yesterday so there is nothing exciting on my chart. 

• Options
    @lcking82 I feel the same way, AF showing up when she's supposed to is still better than an-o cycles. GL with your temping this month! 
    @heml HBD to YH. Sucks he has to be out of town the whole week but FX he'll be back to line up nicely with your O date.
    @klmcguire I also love fall! So beautiful. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @harrierwife Good job! Maybe I'll try magnesium next... do you take the cod liver instead of fish oil for the omega-3's?

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, vitamins and supplements, pre-seed, TCM

R/R: I'm exhausted with all the things I've been trying to up my fertility this month. I never used to have a lack of EWCM, but it's been scant to nil for months. I switched to a new prenatal that includes a ton of fertility-boosting ingredients (Conception by EU Natural), added evening primrose to my never-ending list of supplements (I think I'm up to 7 pills now?), cut my coffee down to one a day, and bought Pre-Seed for BD time. Also have an appt with a TCM practitioner tomorrow for herbs and acupuncture. Oh, and drinking an absurd amount of water and raspberry leaf tea. FI's morphology was a bit sub-par, so now he's on supplements too and quit any and all drinking. 

CS/Q: Anyone notice an increase in cramps and general twinges throughout their cycle after they started TTC? I feel like I have them all the time now, beyond PM cramps and mittelschmerz, before and after O, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention before...
  • Options
    @kiki047 Thanks! I changed it last month I think. 

@klmcguire Thanks!

@heml Of course! Because what sense would that make!

When I refresh TB it's not showing all things... :unamused:
  • Options
    @harrierwife Congrats on the EWCM!  

@tinybluesprite TTC can be so exhausting. So much research and different supplements to take and remembering to temp....it's a lot. And yes I've learned so much about my own body with all of this, it's crazy that I'm just now learning it and it's not something taught to us when we're younger. I feel much more in tune and notice the smaller things.

@hemi FX for O on CD15.

@thegirlwhowaited_ So excited for you for the IUI tomorrow!  Also, you're a major badass for giving yourself that shot! 

Month/Cycle: 7/9 

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, BBT (hopefully), Evening Primrose Oil, OPK, Pre-seed.

R/R: Well AF came 4 days early and arrived my first day full day at the beach. Luckily I was able to get into the ocean for an hour or two before it started but I was majorly disappointed, and the cramps were incredibly bad for this cycle so I was in a good amount of pain for the trip. Thank goodness for ibuprofen and tylenol. 

Despite AF, I still had a good time with my family and DH at the beach and we had a nice time on our anniversary on Friday. We're hoping next year we can find a pet friendly place so we can bring the dogs with us. 

CS/Q: Going to try really hard to remember to temp this month. I need to because I'm having a really hard time pin pointing ovulation without it. 
  • Options
    @tinybluesprite absolutely. And I think (at least in my case) that it's a combo of me not paying attention before and an increase in psychosomatic symptoms, which my body is REALLY good at. Like, if someone on the bus in the morning sneezes, my body will immediately start triggering cold symptoms all day. 

@merebear15 yay higher education friends! This week is weird for me because our classes don't start until tomorrow (registration is today) and I'm only teaching Mondays so my first class isn't until 9/10...but start-of-school fever is going strong!

WAYDTGKU: CM tracking, vitamins, fish oil, trying to eat healthier/lose 10 lbs to get into the "optimal weight window" for ovulation

CS/Q: I'm stepping it up and planning to start OPK this month. Does it matter which kit I use? Anyone have R/R about their kit?

• Options
    @meatballs37 and @harrierwife and @klmcguire - No if anything CD14 was a good temp. CD 15 and 16 were after only 2 hours of sleep, so that could have messed with them. I'm just going to keep peeing on OPKs and watching my temp. It normally goes into the 98s during my LP.

@thegirlwhowaited_ FX for a good IUI!!

@kiki047 - I think I might vote for CD36 as your O day, giving you a 8 day LP. Just need to lengthen that to 10 to give you a shot!

@lcking82 - 11 days is a good enough LP! Good luck with temping this time around.

@klmcguire - I love those days where it feels like fall, but then it's back to sweltering heat, ugh.

@tinybluesprite - I feel every little twinge now! Never paid attention to them before.

@spacepiraterunner - I'm not a professor, I just work with textbooks, but I'm still surrounded by the college atmosphere all year long. It's exciting! I'm using Wondfos from Amazon, and I like them because they are cheep but you do have to pee in a cup and then dip them, which is kind of a pain.

@nomangos23 - Whoa girl! What a beautiful chart!

@literatureandink - Sorry to see you over here, girl. Have an amazing vacation!!
  • Options
    @nomangos23 wow, what a huge change in your chart already. Isn't it so nice when you make some small lifestyle changes and actually see results? It's so rewarding, and is the positive reinforcement I (personally) need to stick with it. GL with the interview too!! This feels like a sign from the universe, and is hopefully exactly the change in pace you need right now. 

@literatureandink :disappointed: Booo for CD1 but omg Europe! Your trip is finally here! Hope you can keep us updated in the Randoms thread or wherever is appropriate because I am dying to hear all about it. I'm sure we'll talk to you before then but hope you have the most amazing time!!!

TTC History:

• Options

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, green tea, BD, opks

R/R: Traffic was terrible today. Why are there so many more people on the toll road nowadays?? I feel like since I pay to take a road, there shouldn’t be as many people there! 

CS/Q: If you get AF late in the day (around 8pm or so), do you consider that CD1 or will the next day be CD1? 

@literatureandink Have the best time ever  in Europe!! Eat and drink all the things! I love the cheese and chocolate over there. Mmm. 

@tinybluesprite Yes! I am uber aware of every little twinge when TTC. It is really quite interesting!
  • Options
    @literatureandink : Ahhhh....so jealous of EUROPE!  Have an amazing trip!!
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    @thegirlwhowaited_ I can’t believe you gave yourself the shot! #badass I can’t wait to stalk your chart in TWW! 
    @littleredm I hate when AF shows up at the most inconvenient time. Boo. 
    @nomangos23your charts have inspired me to clean up my diet a little more. I haven’t been eating well for months and I’m sure it’s why I O so late or not at all. 

• Options
    @lillywonderland yes I'd still consider that to be CD1, if it's full flow. If it's just spotting or if she showed up overnight I'd probably count it the following day. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @meatballs37 Honestly, the changes I've made are noticeable but not back breaking. I'm eating no fast food (chick fil a was LIFE) and including vegetables at every lunch and dinner. Breakfast is oatmeal and is boring but whatever. Less (but not zero) sugary items and very little alcohol. I did a lot of "comfort eating" and decided it was just time to clean my act up. Anyway, I'm sticking to it and seeing the results on my chart. I'm hoping they stay consistent but will keep you updated!

@lillywonderland I would def considering AF @ 8pm day 1! Also, agree on the toll roads. Traffic these days is NUTS. I also feel like there shouldn't be any traffic on those "bank holidays" but there always is

@literatureandink Boo for CD1, sorry girl. What are you doing in Europe? More importantly, what are you eating in Europe?? I hope you have a blast :) 
  • Options
    @nomangos23 I need to meal prep for the week still. I think I’m going to add oatmeal to my list of stuff. The kicker is always remembering to prep the rolled oats to soak overnight for me. I have been comfort eating for basically the last 10 months. And have gained 20lbs. It’s awful and I need to get it together. What veggies are your faves? 
  • Options
    I am on CD4 today. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 - That looks like an O cycle to me :)

@klmcguire - Right? I'm next door in MS and last week was "cool" enough that the dogs could do the full walk around our neighborhood at 7:30 PM instead of 9 PM. Both of them are in good physical shape - its just too damn hot. I'm not expecting relief until late October.

@tinybluesprite - I've been taking 5,000 IUs of Vit D3 daily for years thats fish-oil based, but decided to add the fermented cod liver oil recently.

My D3 dosage is that high because my mother (she's an OB/GYN NP) went to several conferences that discussed studies done that showed that the vast majority of pregnant women (or of child-bearing age) are highly deficient despite PNVs. This is also true of folic acid/folate.... she recommends 800 mcg daily. I've seen several PNVs that have HALF that. Always read your labels! 

The magnesium oil is great! Many vitamins only contain 10% or so of the recommended dosage and I've read that magnesium is better absorbed topically anyway - its why Epsom salt baths are so effective. I've only been using it 3 weeks, but I'm sleeping like a baby between the Magnesium and the D3. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife My prior daily vitamin had 600 mcg of folic acid and my prenatal has 800 mcg. I'm curious about the D3 though. When I did my baseline blood work with my RE they tested my vitamin D levels and she said mine were pretty high, but I'm not sure if that includes D3? I sometimes take magnesium tablets when I have trouble sleeping. It really helps relax my leg muscles.
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ - I don't know if D3 is included in that testing, either, but you're probably okay then! I've been under the impression that you can't overdose on D3 so that's why I bit the bullet and took 5,000 IUs without a second thought.  <3 Magnesium
  • Options
    I am only on here quickly, so am going to come back tonight so I can respond to everyone!

@mokay19 Because we are about to do a treatment cycle.  I want to get the timing right so that we can do it in Sept while DH isn't traveling.

@kiki047 I'm feeling both good and sad about it.  Sad that my body couldn't just freaking regulate on it's own, but hopeful that this will help me get on track.

@nomangos23 That is so great about your cycle regulating!  I have been off my diet because I got frustrated and have been eating crap.  Like way too much fast food.  So diet starts again tomorrow.  Going back off the dairy.  Yes I have tried it before and *TW* 

I did get pregnant, but ended up having a miscarriage around 7 weeks.
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ yay!! Can't wait to find out how it went, will be checking TWW often to stalk you!
    @literatureandink where in Europe are you headed?
    @harrierwife woohoo!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, tracking on FF, WFAF to end (still!) 

R/R: Today was just a DAY at work. I felt like I was one of those hamsters in a wheel just constantly running. I'm glad it's over and I have a migraine. H just went out for a bit so I'm in bed and so relieved. This may be my favorite time of day. Also, it's hot here again. Wtf.

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond ah that makes sense... hopefully the Femara and Follistim combo works for you!