March 2019 Moms

Thrombosed hemorrhoids

Hi Ladies

I am currently 13 weeks and having a bad thrombosed hemorrhoid, very painful :(

I almost thought of going yo Colo rectal surgeon and having it removed but many say it again comes back during labor so didn't go. Have been trying hard to cut down on spices ( not much of salad person), using coconut oil, warm sitz bath with Epsom salt( feels better immediately but again starts flaring after few hours), ice compress, tucks, 1 colace pill at night, miralax twice a week... 

Would like to know if anyone else is struggling and treatment options tried.

Re: Thrombosed hemorrhoids

• @kandos oh dear! I have suffered from hemmerroids for years due to IBS. With my son I got them after delivery and I have already gotten them in this pregnancy due to constipation. It sounds like you are doing so many of the things I do. I use the preparation H wipes and hold them on the area for while when using the bathroom, preperation H cream, bathing, and something I started doing especially in postpartum was sitting on my sons boppy pillow (if you don’t have one it was such a relief). 

We would love to have you as part of our community as we all go through this crazy pregnancy time together! Please introduce yourself in the intro thread and check out our threads on symptoms (you may find others dealing with similar problems), sharing the news, all things maternity clothes, and more. We do our best to keep things as organized as possible.